Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Brightest Star, Darkest Night
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
@Eversnow @AcadiAnne Sorry for the double ping, but before I forget! Both of you expressed interest in claiming Forgotten/Numinous, but on the premise that no one else had a strong claim for them. No one else has spoken up, so I'm not sure how you want to work it out, but let me know if your feelings have changed and which of you would like to give them a new home~.
@Eversnow @AcadiAnne Sorry for the double ping, but before I forget! Both of you expressed interest in claiming Forgotten/Numinous, but on the premise that no one else had a strong claim for them. No one else has spoken up, so I'm not sure how you want to work it out, but let me know if your feelings have changed and which of you would like to give them a new home~.
So close. Hopefully the remaining two lives go down soon… and poor Eileen. I am so tempted to take Irani, but I’ve already got a ton of this family so if someone else wants him they can havhim instead. Poor Calliope and Aletta too…
So close. Hopefully the remaining two lives go down soon… and poor Eileen. I am so tempted to take Irani, but I’ve already got a ton of this family so if someone else wants him they can havhim instead. Poor Calliope and Aletta too…

He/him | FRT+1 x
oh Eileen surviving would mean an opportunity for a whole lot of deep introspective loss/thought writing following on from her fears mentioned earlier!
Still rooting for Awhero to make it out of this if the other head goes down first!

Possible downside spoiler:
(Cue Awhero in the next Locke, after making a strong bond with Vayne through all this, being drawn back to the power of being an Emperor (like the addiction of a soul/body destroying drug that feeds only the mind and ego) and enticing Vayne to join him in a suicide/live forever pact "to make a new Emperor for the good of all dragon-kind)
oh Eileen surviving would mean an opportunity for a whole lot of deep introspective loss/thought writing following on from her fears mentioned earlier!
Still rooting for Awhero to make it out of this if the other head goes down first!

Possible downside spoiler:
(Cue Awhero in the next Locke, after making a strong bond with Vayne through all this, being drawn back to the power of being an Emperor (like the addiction of a soul/body destroying drug that feeds only the mind and ego) and enticing Vayne to join him in a suicide/live forever pact "to make a new Emperor for the good of all dragon-kind)
qDkA25S.png
Fate sure has a funny way of doing things :') both to the Awhero being the potential last head, and Eileen being the final survivor.

As for Numinous, I'd love to have them join my lair, but I'm not dead set on having them if AcadiAnne would like them more!
Fate sure has a funny way of doing things :') both to the Awhero being the potential last head, and Eileen being the final survivor.

As for Numinous, I'd love to have them join my lair, but I'm not dead set on having them if AcadiAnne would like them more!
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
Gosh, I really feel for Eileen, loosing all her family. (if only she knew Termarn was still out there, for now at least)
Gosh, I really feel for Eileen, loosing all her family. (if only she knew Termarn was still out there, for now at least)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I would like Numinous. I have a number of G1 Aethers, and purple & brown fits in well in my lair.

But… idk how to quantify wanting Numinous “more”. I’d be ok with assigning us even or odd & rolling for it.
I would like Numinous. I have a number of G1 Aethers, and purple & brown fits in well in my lair.

But… idk how to quantify wanting Numinous “more”. I’d be ok with assigning us even or odd & rolling for it.
D17BJbU.jpgyzvRydr.png
@Eversnow and @AcadiAnne - I went ahead and did a coin flip with Eversnow as heads and AcadiAnne as tails~. And the result was... Heads! So Numinous will go to Eversnow~.

@Phanerozoic Yeah, RNG's been pretty mean to Eileen D:. Will be interesting to see how this shapes her character in my lore.

@gn0me Man, that would be dark lol. I don't really see that as Vayne's character, but it would certainly fit a "live long enough as the hero to become the villain" vibe.

@Petall Technically, she still has two daughters hopefully and I decided Irani and Gwilym's offspring will be one of the ones I keep, so they will be alive too~. But still, Eileen's story has been quite tragic :(.
@Eversnow and @AcadiAnne - I went ahead and did a coin flip with Eversnow as heads and AcadiAnne as tails~. And the result was... Heads! So Numinous will go to Eversnow~.

@Phanerozoic Yeah, RNG's been pretty mean to Eileen D:. Will be interesting to see how this shapes her character in my lore.

@gn0me Man, that would be dark lol. I don't really see that as Vayne's character, but it would certainly fit a "live long enough as the hero to become the villain" vibe.

@Petall Technically, she still has two daughters hopefully and I decided Irani and Gwilym's offspring will be one of the ones I keep, so they will be alive too~. But still, Eileen's story has been quite tragic :(.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wUTLwJa.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5]Chapter 92[/size][/font][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54500356][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/545004/54500356.png[/img][/url][/center] Vayne fought with fury and determination, but there was still something conflicted deep in her soul. It was clear that they were winning, having whittled the Emperor down to only two heads – her old mentor and Awhero. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62891271][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62891271&skin=27545&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] She’d picked out his white and green scales a while ago, and subconsciously, she had been avoiding him. It had been easy with nine other heads to worry about, but now she had to make a decision. Really, it wasn’t a decision – Awhero has been lost for months now. This face was just a mockery of what he once was, and needed destroyed along with the rest of the Emperor. Still, her heart ached at the tragedy – but they had lost enough. It was time to take action. Chrysalis was getting dangerously close to the Emperor, drawing in the shadows in an attempt to restrain it. The heads honed in on her, so Vayne dove to intervene. She aimed for the darker visage, but Awhero got in the way. Overlong claws snagged at her, forcing her to change focus to break free. In this, she locked eyes with Awhero. To her surprise, she saw intelligence there. Recognition. Regret. She wasn’t looking into the crazed face of a corrupted corpse, but the face of her lost friend. The claws that held her did not tighten or pierce her hide, merely held her. She faltered – what should she do? [i]“Vayne…”[/i] His voice wasn’t one she’d expected to hear again. It was strange, in this moment, how comforting it was, if only briefly. [i]“Vayne… do it. Finish it. You need… to end this. Please.”[/i] She hesitated and time seemed to slow around her. The claw that held her shook her. [i]“Please. You must. This is… what you were destined for.”[/i] Vayne choked on the emotion welling in her throat and set her jaw. She reached forward and grasped at his face, drawing it to her own. “I’m so sorry…” she murmured softly to him. He didn’t resist, his eyes closing and the grip of the claw loosening its hold. Her claws tensed until she felt them just puncture the delicate, paper-thin skin. The fire blossomed from there; she started it within so sparks poured from his mouth as he exhaled in relief. The other dragons had to back away from the intensity of the flames, meant to cremate him like he should have been. She could just hear the screams of the Emperor as the fire spread to his chest, unable to escape it as their two forms were too intricately intertwined. Vayne held on for as long as she could, until her own scales tarnished from the heat before she let go. She watched them both fall away, the Emperor writhing in pain and desperation, clawing at the air toward her until its form was consumed entirely in the blaze. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61808836][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61808836&skin=23312&apparel=12529,46754,46753,27492,46544,51673,46544&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] An eerie silence filled the cavern as darkness slowly returned save for the flames that curled from her Spires. There were no more screams. No more roars. No more gnashing of teeth or clashing of claws. The Emperor was no more. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/49#post_55995100][color=sienna]< [i]Previous[/i][/color][/url] [color=transparent]____________[emoji=glimmer tile size=1]_______________[/color] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/51#post_56025648][color=sienna][i]Next[/i] >[/color][/url] ----- @pinglist-2026 [item=singed webbing] [item=windwalker's arctic pants] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1126243147601686669/1198105420514983998/itisdone.png[/img] There it is. Echelon is officially defeated - in a party with Vayne, no less! Which means, of course, that I've officially won my Pinkerlocke~! Perhaps a bit dorky, but I stuck Echelon in the dressing room for the sole purpose of making it look like he's going up in flames. Idk, it was cathartic, and I thought "why not?". I may draw it properly later, but no promises =w=;. Anyway, it won't all quite end here. I won't be drawing more items, but I will finish with what I have left. I'll do some follow-up story bits to round everything out. Also yeah, Awhero did end up going down before Echelon. I don't think he would have survived this fight either way, so it may not have changed the story much, but. Echelon was officially the last head standing. Wild. Anyway... [b]Awhero and Echelon are now up to be claimed until 1/24:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62891271][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628913/62891271_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61808836][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/618089/61808836_350.png[/img][/url] I've got a lot to process now, lol. ----- [img]https://i.imgur.com/wrp9ClQ.png[/img][/center]
wUTLwJa.png
Chapter 92
54500356.png
Vayne fought with fury and determination, but there was still something conflicted deep in her soul. It was clear that they were winning, having whittled the Emperor down to only two heads – her old mentor and Awhero.
dragon?did=62891271&skin=27545&apparel=&xt=dressing.png
She’d picked out his white and green scales a while ago, and subconsciously, she had been avoiding him. It had been easy with nine other heads to worry about, but now she had to make a decision. Really, it wasn’t a decision – Awhero has been lost for months now. This face was just a mockery of what he once was, and needed destroyed along with the rest of the Emperor. Still, her heart ached at the tragedy – but they had lost enough. It was time to take action.

Chrysalis was getting dangerously close to the Emperor, drawing in the shadows in an attempt to restrain it. The heads honed in on her, so Vayne dove to intervene. She aimed for the darker visage, but Awhero got in the way. Overlong claws snagged at her, forcing her to change focus to break free. In this, she locked eyes with Awhero. To her surprise, she saw intelligence there. Recognition. Regret. She wasn’t looking into the crazed face of a corrupted corpse, but the face of her lost friend. The claws that held her did not tighten or pierce her hide, merely held her. She faltered – what should she do?

“Vayne…” His voice wasn’t one she’d expected to hear again. It was strange, in this moment, how comforting it was, if only briefly. “Vayne… do it. Finish it. You need… to end this. Please.” She hesitated and time seemed to slow around her. The claw that held her shook her. “Please. You must. This is… what you were destined for.”

Vayne choked on the emotion welling in her throat and set her jaw. She reached forward and grasped at his face, drawing it to her own.

“I’m so sorry…” she murmured softly to him. He didn’t resist, his eyes closing and the grip of the claw loosening its hold. Her claws tensed until she felt them just puncture the delicate, paper-thin skin.

The fire blossomed from there; she started it within so sparks poured from his mouth as he exhaled in relief. The other dragons had to back away from the intensity of the flames, meant to cremate him like he should have been. She could just hear the screams of the Emperor as the fire spread to his chest, unable to escape it as their two forms were too intricately intertwined. Vayne held on for as long as she could, until her own scales tarnished from the heat before she let go. She watched them both fall away, the Emperor writhing in pain and desperation, clawing at the air toward her until its form was consumed entirely in the blaze.
dragon?did=61808836&skin=23312&apparel=12529,46754,46753,27492,46544,51673,46544&xt=dressing.png
An eerie silence filled the cavern as darkness slowly returned save for the flames that curled from her Spires. There were no more screams. No more roars. No more gnashing of teeth or clashing of claws.

The Emperor was no more.
< Previous ___________________________ Next >
@Brightest Star, Darkest Night
Singed Webbing Windwalker's Arctic Pants
itisdone.png

There it is. Echelon is officially defeated - in a party with Vayne, no less! Which means, of course, that I've officially won my Pinkerlocke~!
Perhaps a bit dorky, but I stuck Echelon in the dressing room for the sole purpose of making it look like he's going up in flames. Idk, it was cathartic, and I thought "why not?". I may draw it properly later, but no promises =w=;.

Anyway, it won't all quite end here. I won't be drawing more items, but I will finish with what I have left. I'll do some follow-up story bits to round everything out.
Also yeah, Awhero did end up going down before Echelon. I don't think he would have survived this fight either way, so it may not have changed the story much, but. Echelon was officially the last head standing. Wild.

Anyway... Awhero and Echelon are now up to be claimed until 1/24:
62891271_350.png
61808836_350.png

I've got a lot to process now, lol.
wrp9ClQ.png
omg Rip Awhero, well played - much Respect - glad you didn't survive just to live haunted by the addiction of becoming an Emperor again

Echelon is so dark and moody, love that vibe!
omg Rip Awhero, well played - much Respect - glad you didn't survive just to live haunted by the addiction of becoming an Emperor again

Echelon is so dark and moody, love that vibe!
qDkA25S.png
Victory, but at what cost u_u can't wait to see how the "epilogue" plays out!
Victory, but at what cost u_u can't wait to see how the "epilogue" plays out!
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52