Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Brightest Star, Darkest Night
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 51 52
@gn0me They can certainly look a little awkward, but I love these bat babes~.
Gosh, I'm excited to eventually draw a Sandsurge. Might not have a chance to this 'locke, but they seem... challenging, lol.

I don't know why I hadn't thought about doing so before, but Ampoule's portrait is linked! Might go back and do the others later, but I just woke up lol.
@gn0me They can certainly look a little awkward, but I love these bat babes~.
Gosh, I'm excited to eventually draw a Sandsurge. Might not have a chance to this 'locke, but they seem... challenging, lol.

I don't know why I hadn't thought about doing so before, but Ampoule's portrait is linked! Might go back and do the others later, but I just woke up lol.
WOAH THAT'S SO EPIC! I love the details in the segmenting, and the way your did the lightning looks SO COOL
WOAH THAT'S SO EPIC! I love the details in the segmenting, and the way your did the lightning looks SO COOL
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I can draw her as Sandsurge! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=151&tertgene=173&winggene=207&wings=96&auth=700ad4f6a227a1834868dca5571330fc66120dfd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hmm ok its not my drawing but I had to see what she'd look like...
I can draw her as Sandsurge!

dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=151&tertgene=173&winggene=207&wings=96&auth=700ad4f6a227a1834868dca5571330fc66120dfd&dummyext=prev.png

Hmm ok its not my drawing but I had to see what she'd look like...
qDkA25S.png
@Petall I have a love/hate relationship with detailed scales/armor/interlocking plates xD. I love the look of it, but it's such a pain in the middle of the process, lol. I never really regret it though!

@gn0me Oh no she looks so good as a Sandsurge ;A;. Welp... new breeding project unlocked lol.
@Petall I have a love/hate relationship with detailed scales/armor/interlocking plates xD. I love the look of it, but it's such a pain in the middle of the process, lol. I never really regret it though!

@gn0me Oh no she looks so good as a Sandsurge ;A;. Welp... new breeding project unlocked lol.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wUTLwJa.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5]Chapter 57[/size][/font][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87955820][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/879559/87955820.png[/img][/url][/center] There wasn’t a lot of preparation left for their journey back to the outskirts of the mist-strewn city – except one very important thing, of course. Loughrey had hoped for more time to wait for a good potion master to accompany them on their journey, but he would have to settle for a consultation instead. To that end, he left FALSE with Devara hurried toward the carriage he’d passed by earlier; one with a thin trail of smoke emitting from a small chimney spout in one of its back corners, and with a dire hyena sitting guard outside. The creature lifted its head as he approached and let out a growl, but thankfully didn’t move. It alerted someone inside, though, and the intricately decorated door of the carriage opened. He was first met with the visage of a black wolf, but the craning neck and curious antennae belonged to a Skydancer that regarded him warily. Shadows coalesced around the dragon and ghostly hands began to creep out and grip around the frame of the door. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/29481348][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/294814/29481348.png[/img][/url][/center] “Who are you? What do you want?” he hissed out, his voice an echoing rasp. A wave of cold hit him as piercing ice-white eyes glared him down. “I heard there is a potion merchant here,” Loughrey said. “Is that you? I have a… special request.” The eyes narrowed beneath the fur, but further questions were stopped by a voice in the background. “Chimerical? You’re not scaring away more potential customers, are you?” The Skydancer scowled back over his shoulder. “Come on now. Let him in.” Chimerical scoffed lightly but moved away from the door. Loughrey stared at the size of the carriage dubiously, but as he stepped up to the door, he could see that there was a much larger space within. In fact, it hardly looked like a carriage at all. It almost looked like the interior of a hut, complete with furniture for resting and shelving housing all manner of bottles near the door and ingredients behind a table that served as a counter. To the side toward the back was even a crackling fire heating a large, bubbling cauldron. Lounging quite languidly behind the counter was a small Bogsneak, adorned with silver thorns and wearing a spindly crown. Her scales held a rich metallic sheen that almost looked like fresh blood when she shifted to beckon him inside. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/29735570][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/297356/29735570.png[/img][/url][/center] “Welcome,” she said with a warmness that was somehow still unsettling. She wore a mask that obscured her eyes, but he thought he could see a hint of green. “My name is Talutah. Is there something I can do for you, dear?” “I assume you are an alchemical expert of sorts?” he asked blandly. She chuckled; an innocuous sound that made his feathers begin to fluff out. “I am. What do you need? I have any number of things, from simple tonics to wondrous potions. And other… unique concoctions, if you would like to inquire.” “We’ll see, but first, I need you to tell me what’s in this,” he said, producing the potion vial and setting it on the table in front of her. Her crests perked up minutely, giving her the brief appearance of a cobra. She picked up the bottle, looking over it curiously. “And where did you get this?” she asked. “From a former colleague of mine,” he answered. She uncorked it and sloshed it around, wafting the scent toward her with a claw. He thought he saw the quirk of a smile at the edge of her lips, but her face returned to neutral so quickly, he wondered if he was paranoid. “What does it do?” she inquired, setting it down and turning to the shelving behind her. “It’s supposed to be for protection,” he told her, watching warily. She let out a ‘tsk’. “If you want my help, you’re going to have to be more specific, sweetheart,” she said, sliding open a drawer. Loughrey glanced over at Chimerical, instantly meeting those pale pinpoints of eyes. He looked away and cursed himself internally for showing any anxiety. “The Shade,” he said as confidently as he could muster. He hadn’t wanted to give it away, but that Skydancer would know if he were lying. That’s probably why he was here. Whatever reaction he had expected from Talutah, she merely hummed and plucked something out of the drawer and had shut it and returned to the table in mere moments. “I thought so,” she said simply, running her claw around the fancy lid of the jar she held. The contents inside seemed to be moving and he squinted at them between her claws before realizing what it was – just before she spun the intricate lid open. “What are you doing?!” he snapped, backing away instinctually. “Oh don’t worry; I’m not so foolish as that,” she waved at him. “A silly little lid like this couldn’t keep it in; this enchantment does that. The lid is to keep curious or clumsy claws [i]out[/i]. That could get quite nasty, you understand.” True enough, the jar itself seemed to have a faint pulsing glow to it and the small sample of Shade attempted to escape to no avail. While Talutah talked, she picked up the smaller vial and very gingerly tilted it over the open jar so that a single drop fell inside. The Shade recoiled, pushing itself to the sides of the jar away from where the drop had splashed against the bottom. Talutah snapped the lid closed and picked up the jar to tilt it around, chasing the Shade around like she were torturing some common insect. “Oooh, what a clever little mixture,” she cooed at it, smiling almost pleasantly. “Very clever…” “… This doesn’t answer my question,” Loughrey pointed out. “Ah, no it doesn’t,” she conceded, zipping off to slip the jar back in its drawer and returning to the table. “You wanted the ability to recreate this, no?” “No- yes. Yes, that’s what I need,” he said. She almost purred, and he quickly asked, “How much would it cost for you to make a few vials of this for me?” “You don’t wish to make it yourself?” she asked, lacing her claws and resting her chin on them. “Won’t that cost extra?” he groused. That smile curled up her lips again. “Oh, no- payment has been received,” she said, picking up the potion vial and swirling it almost lovingly. “It’s not every day I discover something entirely [i]new[/i]. And as an additional gesture of my gratitude, I can give you three vials for free, if that’s what you wish.” Well. That was far easier than he thought. Perhaps he should think about the repercussions of this – this Bogsneak was [i]clearly [/i]untrustworthy – but he didn’t have much time and he needed those potions today. “How long will this take?” he asked. She hummed, looking over the vial. “If we start now? I have my ways to… accelerate the process. I can have it ready for you by morning.” “Deal.” He said the word before he could second guess himself. Come what may, he [i]needed [/i]this. She smiled that unsettling grin again. “Wonderful. Chimerical, close up shop. We have work to do.” ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/30#post_55086605][color=sienna]< [i]Previous[/i][/color][/url] [color=transparent]____________[emoji=glimmer tile size=1]_______________[/color] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/32#post_55159779][color=sienna][i]Next[/i] >[/color][/url] ----- [item=strangling root] [item=earwig] Starting to fall behind again on writing, so hopefully I can get a few chapters out! Honestly, nearly forgot about this plot point and I didn't want to entirely skip it. Also thought it'd be a fun place to put in a couple cameos! A duo from my main lair that I have vague ideas for but haven't written any lore for yet lol. That's one of my goals for next year, is to actually address all my current unwritten lore for my clan orz. But anyway. Loughrey is problematically impulsive, lol. Also, I got a couple apparel items for the pile! [item=black tail bow] [item=purple birdskull armband] @Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu ----- Breed Change x2 Apparel x2 ----- [img]https://i.imgur.com/wrp9ClQ.png[/img][/center]
wUTLwJa.png
Chapter 57
87955820.png
There wasn’t a lot of preparation left for their journey back to the outskirts of the mist-strewn city – except one very important thing, of course. Loughrey had hoped for more time to wait for a good potion master to accompany them on their journey, but he would have to settle for a consultation instead. To that end, he left FALSE with Devara hurried toward the carriage he’d passed by earlier; one with a thin trail of smoke emitting from a small chimney spout in one of its back corners, and with a dire hyena sitting guard outside. The creature lifted its head as he approached and let out a growl, but thankfully didn’t move. It alerted someone inside, though, and the intricately decorated door of the carriage opened. He was first met with the visage of a black wolf, but the craning neck and curious antennae belonged to a Skydancer that regarded him warily. Shadows coalesced around the dragon and ghostly hands began to creep out and grip around the frame of the door.
29481348.png
“Who are you? What do you want?” he hissed out, his voice an echoing rasp. A wave of cold hit him as piercing ice-white eyes glared him down.

“I heard there is a potion merchant here,” Loughrey said. “Is that you? I have a… special request.”

The eyes narrowed beneath the fur, but further questions were stopped by a voice in the background.

“Chimerical? You’re not scaring away more potential customers, are you?” The Skydancer scowled back over his shoulder. “Come on now. Let him in.”

Chimerical scoffed lightly but moved away from the door. Loughrey stared at the size of the carriage dubiously, but as he stepped up to the door, he could see that there was a much larger space within. In fact, it hardly looked like a carriage at all. It almost looked like the interior of a hut, complete with furniture for resting and shelving housing all manner of bottles near the door and ingredients behind a table that served as a counter. To the side toward the back was even a crackling fire heating a large, bubbling cauldron. Lounging quite languidly behind the counter was a small Bogsneak, adorned with silver thorns and wearing a spindly crown. Her scales held a rich metallic sheen that almost looked like fresh blood when she shifted to beckon him inside.
29735570.png
“Welcome,” she said with a warmness that was somehow still unsettling. She wore a mask that obscured her eyes, but he thought he could see a hint of green. “My name is Talutah. Is there something I can do for you, dear?”

“I assume you are an alchemical expert of sorts?” he asked blandly. She chuckled; an innocuous sound that made his feathers begin to fluff out.

“I am. What do you need? I have any number of things, from simple tonics to wondrous potions. And other… unique concoctions, if you would like to inquire.”

“We’ll see, but first, I need you to tell me what’s in this,” he said, producing the potion vial and setting it on the table in front of her. Her crests perked up minutely, giving her the brief appearance of a cobra. She picked up the bottle, looking over it curiously.

“And where did you get this?” she asked.

“From a former colleague of mine,” he answered. She uncorked it and sloshed it around, wafting the scent toward her with a claw. He thought he saw the quirk of a smile at the edge of her lips, but her face returned to neutral so quickly, he wondered if he was paranoid.

“What does it do?” she inquired, setting it down and turning to the shelving behind her.

“It’s supposed to be for protection,” he told her, watching warily. She let out a ‘tsk’.

“If you want my help, you’re going to have to be more specific, sweetheart,” she said, sliding open a drawer. Loughrey glanced over at Chimerical, instantly meeting those pale pinpoints of eyes. He looked away and cursed himself internally for showing any anxiety.

“The Shade,” he said as confidently as he could muster. He hadn’t wanted to give it away, but that Skydancer would know if he were lying. That’s probably why he was here.

Whatever reaction he had expected from Talutah, she merely hummed and plucked something out of the drawer and had shut it and returned to the table in mere moments.

“I thought so,” she said simply, running her claw around the fancy lid of the jar she held. The contents inside seemed to be moving and he squinted at them between her claws before realizing what it was – just before she spun the intricate lid open.

“What are you doing?!” he snapped, backing away instinctually.

“Oh don’t worry; I’m not so foolish as that,” she waved at him. “A silly little lid like this couldn’t keep it in; this enchantment does that. The lid is to keep curious or clumsy claws out. That could get quite nasty, you understand.”

True enough, the jar itself seemed to have a faint pulsing glow to it and the small sample of Shade attempted to escape to no avail. While Talutah talked, she picked up the smaller vial and very gingerly tilted it over the open jar so that a single drop fell inside. The Shade recoiled, pushing itself to the sides of the jar away from where the drop had splashed against the bottom. Talutah snapped the lid closed and picked up the jar to tilt it around, chasing the Shade around like she were torturing some common insect.

“Oooh, what a clever little mixture,” she cooed at it, smiling almost pleasantly. “Very clever…”

“… This doesn’t answer my question,” Loughrey pointed out.

“Ah, no it doesn’t,” she conceded, zipping off to slip the jar back in its drawer and returning to the table. “You wanted the ability to recreate this, no?”

“No- yes. Yes, that’s what I need,” he said. She almost purred, and he quickly asked, “How much would it cost for you to make a few vials of this for me?”

“You don’t wish to make it yourself?” she asked, lacing her claws and resting her chin on them.

“Won’t that cost extra?” he groused. That smile curled up her lips again.

“Oh, no- payment has been received,” she said, picking up the potion vial and swirling it almost lovingly. “It’s not every day I discover something entirely new. And as an additional gesture of my gratitude, I can give you three vials for free, if that’s what you wish.”

Well. That was far easier than he thought. Perhaps he should think about the repercussions of this – this Bogsneak was clearly untrustworthy – but he didn’t have much time and he needed those potions today.

“How long will this take?” he asked. She hummed, looking over the vial.

“If we start now? I have my ways to… accelerate the process. I can have it ready for you by morning.”

“Deal.” He said the word before he could second guess himself. Come what may, he needed this. She smiled that unsettling grin again.

“Wonderful. Chimerical, close up shop. We have work to do.”
< Previous ___________________________ Next >
Strangling Root Earwig
Starting to fall behind again on writing, so hopefully I can get a few chapters out!
Honestly, nearly forgot about this plot point and I didn't want to entirely skip it. Also thought it'd be a fun place to put in a couple cameos! A duo from my main lair that I have vague ideas for but haven't written any lore for yet lol. That's one of my goals for next year, is to actually address all my current unwritten lore for my clan orz. But anyway. Loughrey is problematically impulsive, lol.
Also, I got a couple apparel items for the pile!
Black Tail Bow Purple Birdskull Armband

@Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu
Breed Change x2 Apparel x2
wrp9ClQ.png
Ohohohohohohohoho, the plot surrounding Loughrey thickens... That man intrigues me
Ohohohohohohohoho, the plot surrounding Loughrey thickens... That man intrigues me
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Ooo this cameo is intriguing…
Ooo this cameo is intriguing…

He/him | FRT+1 x
@Petall Yess, this silly Coatl is quite entangled!

@Reshiramu I like these two a lot lol.
@Petall Yess, this silly Coatl is quite entangled!

@Reshiramu I like these two a lot lol.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wUTLwJa.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5]Chapter 58[/size][/font][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87253796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/872538/87253796.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87253797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/872538/87253797.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87253795][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/872538/87253795.png[/img][/url][/center] Kir wasn’t a Skydancer, but she could swear she could feel the rising excitement and anticipation in her brothers as they continued through the halls. The labyrinth of the second level was challenging, but they had found a pattern to the shifting walls. Something they could decipher into a path, and if their calculations were correct, they were getting close to the end. They’d found the way through. Achaius halted them again to send out his pearl and Kir spun her own impatiently. Irani was tensed next to her, watching Achaius’s expression intently. Eventually the other Pearlcatcher broke out in a grin and motioned to them. They didn’t let him get there first – as one they burst around the corner, looking about the large chamber they had emerged into. While the labyrinth had a number of closed hallways that often blocked their view to the opening, they were now once again exposed to the void. Irani immediately went to the edge to look down and Achaius inched over to join him. Kir didn’t care to look; she wasn’t sure what Irani expected to see, but there was really nothing for them. Whatever was down there was with the Emperor now, and they wouldn’t get any of it back until it was dead. So unlike her brothers, she turned back to examine the room, pulling out a notebook to sketch out its shape and mark its entrance. It was a fairly plain chamber, really, adorned with very little except a series of large, open metal rings with spikes like sun rays that hung as decoration on the wall opposite the opening. A raised dais with an incredibly detailed statue of a Banescale with mouth agape and wings spread stood at the entrance to the next corridor which was open on one side to the chasm and seemed to lead to a series of doors on a path that steadily lead downward. She thought she saw the glint of light against something further down that shifted subtly. Curious. And potentially dangerous. A wing buffeted hers and Achaius motioned up to the metal rings, asking, [i]‘What are those?’ ‘A representation of the sun, I’m guessing,’[/i] she shrugged. Achaius looked from her to the décor, scratching his chin thoughtfully. [i]‘More than one? I wonder why,’[/i] he said. Kir gave him a look and about blew him off, then paused. Achaius went to inspect the Banescale statue along with Irani while she stared back up at the metal rings. Approaching them, she realized they were hung on the wall rather than embedded in it. For all of the elaborate structure of the place, this seemed strange. Moving forward, she reached up to experimentally pull at one of the smaller ones. Surprisingly, it was warm to the touch, like it had been sitting against or near a heat source. She put her claw against the stone behind it, but it was as cold as the rest of the place. Carefully, she picked one of the smaller rings off its peg. The largest ring looked to have a diameter about the length of her body or more, while the one in her claws could easily fit around her neck. Then something clicked. She quickly hung the ring back up and pulled out her notebook, flipping through it frantically for the right page. It wasn’t long before she settled on an illustration she had traced from her research; an Imperial with a spiked collar wreathed in fire… There was a tug on her tail and she whirled around to glare at Irani. He ignored her look readily and signed, [i]‘They’re coming. We have to go.’[/i] Even as he said it, she could see rotted creatures dropping down and catching themselves to scrabble onto their ledge. Cheaters. [i]‘We need these!’[/i] she signed back at Irani, pointing at the metal rings. He pulled a face. [i]‘Later!’ ‘No, now!’ ‘Why?!’[/i] A rolled pillbug went flying past their heads. They looked over to see Achaius already halfway to the door they’d come from, motioning to it pointedly. [i]‘Let’s go!’[/i] Kir immediately turned back to the rings and began pulling the rings down. Something hit her in the foot and she glanced down to see a bone that had scattered from a destroyed skeleton. She still had to pull the largest ones down though, so she flew up to pull them off the pegs. Predictably, Irani and Achaius soon joined her, having realized she wouldn’t leave without the rings. The undead were getting far too close at this point, so once the three of them had heaved the last rings from their pegs, she twisted and forced her brothers to help her throw them down on their attackers. She was mostly just trying to squish them, but the dragons had to shield their eyes as the rings ignited the moment they came in contact with the undead. Darkness soon closed over her eyelids and she snapped them back open, looking down at the scene. Charred remains smoked on the ground before them, bones shattered under the metal objects. They landed back on the floor and Kir ignored the bodies to step forward to test the heat of the metal again. It was a bit hotter, but her natural resistance kept it from burning too badly. Something cuffed her in the back of the head and she scowled up at Irani and Achaius who both looked equal parts impressed and bewildered. [i]‘Sun decoration? What are they REALLY?’[/i] Achaius asked. Kir glanced around, having a moment of panic when she saw her notebook still laying on the ground. The cover and the edges of some of the pages were a bit singed, but it had thankfully been facedown during the blast. She brushed off the charcoal (wholly unsuccessfully) and showed her brothers the copied illustration. [i]‘For Vayne,’[/i] she told them. Finally, they had found something worthwhile. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/32#post_55145289][color=sienna]< [i]Previous[/i][/color][/url] [color=transparent]____________[emoji=glimmer tile size=1]_______________[/color] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/34#post_55221919][color=sienna][i]Next[/i] >[/color][/url] ----- [item=zalis weaving] So I'm kind of a fool you all. I've been sitting here trying to think of magical items for them to discover that would be cool for a dragon to have and I was just coming up dry. Until I remembered there is a LITERAL DATABASE of apparel that have OODLES of lore possibility. [i]OODLES.[/i] I always feel like I'm doing myself a disservice by not including festival things, but I finally had an epiphany where I realized that festival apparel is a PRIME ground for enchanted items. I'm just slow lol. Now, I did choose this apparel piece (Spires of Flame) for Vayne for the Lore™, but it's going to be difficult adding it to her outfit, lol. I've done this to myself... @Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu ----- Breed Change x2 Apparel x2 ----- [img]https://i.imgur.com/wrp9ClQ.png[/img][/center]
wUTLwJa.png
Chapter 58
87253796.png 87253797.png 87253795.png
Kir wasn’t a Skydancer, but she could swear she could feel the rising excitement and anticipation in her brothers as they continued through the halls. The labyrinth of the second level was challenging, but they had found a pattern to the shifting walls. Something they could decipher into a path, and if their calculations were correct, they were getting close to the end. They’d found the way through.

Achaius halted them again to send out his pearl and Kir spun her own impatiently. Irani was tensed next to her, watching Achaius’s expression intently. Eventually the other Pearlcatcher broke out in a grin and motioned to them. They didn’t let him get there first – as one they burst around the corner, looking about the large chamber they had emerged into.

While the labyrinth had a number of closed hallways that often blocked their view to the opening, they were now once again exposed to the void. Irani immediately went to the edge to look down and Achaius inched over to join him. Kir didn’t care to look; she wasn’t sure what Irani expected to see, but there was really nothing for them. Whatever was down there was with the Emperor now, and they wouldn’t get any of it back until it was dead. So unlike her brothers, she turned back to examine the room, pulling out a notebook to sketch out its shape and mark its entrance.

It was a fairly plain chamber, really, adorned with very little except a series of large, open metal rings with spikes like sun rays that hung as decoration on the wall opposite the opening. A raised dais with an incredibly detailed statue of a Banescale with mouth agape and wings spread stood at the entrance to the next corridor which was open on one side to the chasm and seemed to lead to a series of doors on a path that steadily lead downward. She thought she saw the glint of light against something further down that shifted subtly. Curious. And potentially dangerous.

A wing buffeted hers and Achaius motioned up to the metal rings, asking, ‘What are those?’

‘A representation of the sun, I’m guessing,’
she shrugged. Achaius looked from her to the décor, scratching his chin thoughtfully.

‘More than one? I wonder why,’ he said. Kir gave him a look and about blew him off, then paused. Achaius went to inspect the Banescale statue along with Irani while she stared back up at the metal rings. Approaching them, she realized they were hung on the wall rather than embedded in it. For all of the elaborate structure of the place, this seemed strange. Moving forward, she reached up to experimentally pull at one of the smaller ones. Surprisingly, it was warm to the touch, like it had been sitting against or near a heat source. She put her claw against the stone behind it, but it was as cold as the rest of the place. Carefully, she picked one of the smaller rings off its peg. The largest ring looked to have a diameter about the length of her body or more, while the one in her claws could easily fit around her neck. Then something clicked.

She quickly hung the ring back up and pulled out her notebook, flipping through it frantically for the right page. It wasn’t long before she settled on an illustration she had traced from her research; an Imperial with a spiked collar wreathed in fire…

There was a tug on her tail and she whirled around to glare at Irani. He ignored her look readily and signed, ‘They’re coming. We have to go.’

Even as he said it, she could see rotted creatures dropping down and catching themselves to scrabble onto their ledge. Cheaters.

‘We need these!’ she signed back at Irani, pointing at the metal rings. He pulled a face.

‘Later!’

‘No, now!’

‘Why?!’

A rolled pillbug went flying past their heads. They looked over to see Achaius already halfway to the door they’d come from, motioning to it pointedly.

‘Let’s go!’

Kir immediately turned back to the rings and began pulling the rings down. Something hit her in the foot and she glanced down to see a bone that had scattered from a destroyed skeleton. She still had to pull the largest ones down though, so she flew up to pull them off the pegs. Predictably, Irani and Achaius soon joined her, having realized she wouldn’t leave without the rings. The undead were getting far too close at this point, so once the three of them had heaved the last rings from their pegs, she twisted and forced her brothers to help her throw them down on their attackers.

She was mostly just trying to squish them, but the dragons had to shield their eyes as the rings ignited the moment they came in contact with the undead. Darkness soon closed over her eyelids and she snapped them back open, looking down at the scene. Charred remains smoked on the ground before them, bones shattered under the metal objects. They landed back on the floor and Kir ignored the bodies to step forward to test the heat of the metal again. It was a bit hotter, but her natural resistance kept it from burning too badly. Something cuffed her in the back of the head and she scowled up at Irani and Achaius who both looked equal parts impressed and bewildered.

‘Sun decoration? What are they REALLY?’ Achaius asked. Kir glanced around, having a moment of panic when she saw her notebook still laying on the ground. The cover and the edges of some of the pages were a bit singed, but it had thankfully been facedown during the blast. She brushed off the charcoal (wholly unsuccessfully) and showed her brothers the copied illustration.

‘For Vayne,’ she told them. Finally, they had found something worthwhile.
< Previous ___________________________ Next >
Zalis Weaving
So I'm kind of a fool you all. I've been sitting here trying to think of magical items for them to discover that would be cool for a dragon to have and I was just coming up dry. Until I remembered there is a LITERAL DATABASE of apparel that have OODLES of lore possibility. OODLES.
I always feel like I'm doing myself a disservice by not including festival things, but I finally had an epiphany where I realized that festival apparel is a PRIME ground for enchanted items. I'm just slow lol.
Now, I did choose this apparel piece (Spires of Flame) for Vayne for the Lore™, but it's going to be difficult adding it to her outfit, lol. I've done this to myself...

@Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu
Breed Change x2 Apparel x2
wrp9ClQ.png
Action segment! That was cooooool! :D
Action segment! That was cooooool! :D
qDkA25S.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 51 52