Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Brightest Star, Darkest Night
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 51 52
@gn0me You know... you're not wrong. I did stubbornly not want to just move on without addressing it. Though writing Penelope's and Eileen's part actually felt quite... cathartic. Even if Penelope is kind of a box of emotional chaos lol.
@gn0me You know... you're not wrong. I did stubbornly not want to just move on without addressing it. Though writing Penelope's and Eileen's part actually felt quite... cathartic. Even if Penelope is kind of a box of emotional chaos lol.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wUTLwJa.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5]Chapter 41[/size][/font][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87955820][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=87955820&skin=0&apparel=48179,35204,12271,35213,12925,12932&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Loughrey's tail lashed behind him as he glared out at the shrouded ruins below him. From this vantagepoint, he could see a significant portion of the sprawling city, including the still gleaming towers of the Library of Stars. He'd glimpsed the place before long ago in his hatchling years, but had never been in a position to visit. Not until he heard the rumors that it had been abandoned - news that had sent a thrill through him. The denizens of the Library were said to live in lavish opulence with hoards overflowing with priceless treasures stored for "historical safekeeping". More than worth the risk if the occupants had indeed fled and left even a fraction of their wealth behind. Yet there it stood with its infamous spell barrier intact. Or perhaps it simply had yet to fail. This is why he'd brought a scout; someone to take a quick look at the place and ensure it was empty. Maybe even snag a few items to prove there was something worth… rehoming. This was the source of his irritation; it had been a number of days and his scout had yet to return. "What is taking her so long?" he snapped aloud – and not for the first time. There was shuffling next to him and a Snapper came just into his peripheral vision at his side. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88048003][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/880481/88048003_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "What if… something bad happened?" he asked timidly. "What if… what if one of those [i]things [/i]got her?" He motioned out where distantly they could see dark shapes roaming about the streets, punctuated by the occasional shrill cry. "She told me she could just run past them," Loughrey sniffed. "Are you suggesting she lied to me, Mabli?" "N-no! Just- she may have believed that, but what if she was wrong? What if she's hurt?" "FALSE," Loughrey called, spinning to look to his other side. The tribeam hunter sitting nearby whirred and stood at attention, turning toward him. It skittered over and out of a special chamber in its back a small black Fae emerged. At least, the image was Fae, though the construction was far from organic. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88128288][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=88128288&skin=0&apparel=31429,51603,51619&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=courier new]"WHAT DO YOU REQUIRE."[/font] "You can tell if that hatchling is still alive, right?" he asked. The Fae began to click and whir, its body twitching in stilted and unnatural ways. Loughrey made a face. Honestly, he hated this little dragon thing, but it at least had its uses. To be fair, he thought that about most dragons, so he supposed this wasn't much different. After an agonizingly long time, FALSE replied, [font=courier new]"ORGANIC ENTITY DESIGNATION 'PENELOPE' IS PRESENTLY FUNCTIONING."[/font] "And where is she?" Loughrey persisted. More clicking and twitching. [font=courier new]"EXACT LOCATION UNKNOWN. DETECTING LOW INTERFERENCE. TROUBLESHOOT SOLUTION: MOVE CLOSER TO TARGET."[/font] Loughrey scowled and turned back to Mabli. "Is that Serthis about finished with that concoction of his?" "It will be done when done it is," a voice said coldly in response. Loughrey turned his frown to the hastily made hut that the coiled being currently worked in. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/6333.png[/img][/center] The Coatl bit back a retort as the Serthis was in the midst of carefully transferring some of the acrid liquid into another vial. "I thought you made Shade-purging potions all the time," he groused once everything seemed settled. "For Serthis, yes," he replied. He turned his piercing gaze on Loughrey whose feathers fluffed a bit in response. "For dragons? Never. An interesting challenge, this is. But, believe I am close." Loughrey grimaced, but let it go. This was yet another of his unfortunate alliances, but a very necessary one. He turned back to gaze out at the city again and after a moment's deliberation, he clasped the pendant hanging from his neck and murmured, "Golden." A shimmering mist spilled from the pendant and coalesced into a spectral owl which hovered expectantly before him. He motioned out toward the city and simply instructed, "Find her." The owl turned and floated soundlessly away over the buildings toward the Library. It would take a fair amount of charge to have it run this little errand, which is why he had saved it before, but he needed answers. "... I don't see why you couldn't have waited for Dharah to finish before sending Penelope out there," Mabli mumbled almost too quietly for him to hear. "I thought I told you already," he spat and the Snapper flinched. "We can't simply waste time here. Someone had to go, and my health is too delicate to deal with [i]that [/i]on its own. She's the fastest and can fly. It only made sense." Mabli didn't raise any objections, but Loughrey could almost sense him stewing beside him. Once again, the Coatl wondered where this sudden rebellious streak had come from. More than likely it was just a phase. The Snapper had never exhibited the spine to really fend for himself, which is why Loughrey had to do it. Why Loughrey had to take care of [i]all [/i]of them. Now if only Penelope would just hurry back. What could possibly be holding her up? ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/23#post_54777475][color=sienna]< [i]Previous[/i][/color][/url] [color=transparent]____________[emoji=glimmer tile size=1]_______________[/color] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/24#post_54815275][color=sienna][i]Next[/i] >[/color][/url] ----- [item=sparkling stinger] [item=serthis alchemist] [item=scaleback] [item=bonewood log] Here is a rare occurrence where procrastinating actually helped me, since while waiting for Loughrey to grow up so I could introduce him, I got two more dragons! Pinkerton is being... suspiciously generous. But I'll take it. I felt it a little necessary for this plot point for Loughrey to have at least someone else with him on the outside. So here we are with a rare post with completely fresh faces! Was hoping to get outfits for them all, but I only got Loughrey's done because... procrastination lol. Mabli and FALSE were also still hatchlings, though Mabli did just grow up today. Plus a Beastclan member!! Which is a Serthis!! It's about time, I've always wanted to include one in a story!! Also, I'm not sure if this is ever going to really come up as I've likely drastically veered from the lore already, but FALSE's whole deal is loosely inspired by the fact that he's a Hivemind descendant (for those that don't know, the Hivemind is a player-created subspecies of dragon). I doubt I'll be including any real bits of the subspecies lore, but I thought it might be fun to play off it a bit. Also, the Tribeam Hunter is not what Pinkerton gave me, but I already have a Scaleback attached to a different dragon (from my previous Pinkerlocke!), and so I couldn't use it. So I got creative~. With all that, the plot thickens around Penelope! @Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu ----- Breed Change x2, Apparel x2 ----- [img]https://i.imgur.com/wrp9ClQ.png[/img][/center]
wUTLwJa.png
Chapter 41
dragon?did=87955820&skin=0&apparel=48179,35204,12271,35213,12925,12932&xt=dressing.png
Loughrey's tail lashed behind him as he glared out at the shrouded ruins below him. From this vantagepoint, he could see a significant portion of the sprawling city, including the still gleaming towers of the Library of Stars. He'd glimpsed the place before long ago in his hatchling years, but had never been in a position to visit. Not until he heard the rumors that it had been abandoned - news that had sent a thrill through him. The denizens of the Library were said to live in lavish opulence with hoards overflowing with priceless treasures stored for "historical safekeeping". More than worth the risk if the occupants had indeed fled and left even a fraction of their wealth behind. Yet there it stood with its infamous spell barrier intact. Or perhaps it simply had yet to fail. This is why he'd brought a scout; someone to take a quick look at the place and ensure it was empty. Maybe even snag a few items to prove there was something worth… rehoming. This was the source of his irritation; it had been a number of days and his scout had yet to return.

"What is taking her so long?" he snapped aloud – and not for the first time. There was shuffling next to him and a Snapper came just into his peripheral vision at his side.
88048003_350.png
"What if… something bad happened?" he asked timidly. "What if… what if one of those things got her?"

He motioned out where distantly they could see dark shapes roaming about the streets, punctuated by the occasional shrill cry.

"She told me she could just run past them," Loughrey sniffed. "Are you suggesting she lied to me, Mabli?"

"N-no! Just- she may have believed that, but what if she was wrong? What if she's hurt?"

"FALSE," Loughrey called, spinning to look to his other side. The tribeam hunter sitting nearby whirred and stood at attention, turning toward him. It skittered over and out of a special chamber in its back a small black Fae emerged. At least, the image was Fae, though the construction was far from organic.
dragon?did=88128288&skin=0&apparel=31429,51603,51619&xt=dressing.png
"WHAT DO YOU REQUIRE."

"You can tell if that hatchling is still alive, right?" he asked. The Fae began to click and whir, its body twitching in stilted and unnatural ways. Loughrey made a face. Honestly, he hated this little dragon thing, but it at least had its uses. To be fair, he thought that about most dragons, so he supposed this wasn't much different.

After an agonizingly long time, FALSE replied, "ORGANIC ENTITY DESIGNATION 'PENELOPE' IS PRESENTLY FUNCTIONING."

"And where is she?" Loughrey persisted. More clicking and twitching.

"EXACT LOCATION UNKNOWN. DETECTING LOW INTERFERENCE. TROUBLESHOOT SOLUTION: MOVE CLOSER TO TARGET."

Loughrey scowled and turned back to Mabli. "Is that Serthis about finished with that concoction of his?"

"It will be done when done it is," a voice said coldly in response. Loughrey turned his frown to the hastily made hut that the coiled being currently worked in.
6333.png
The Coatl bit back a retort as the Serthis was in the midst of carefully transferring some of the acrid liquid into another vial.

"I thought you made Shade-purging potions all the time," he groused once everything seemed settled.

"For Serthis, yes," he replied. He turned his piercing gaze on Loughrey whose feathers fluffed a bit in response. "For dragons? Never. An interesting challenge, this is. But, believe I am close."

Loughrey grimaced, but let it go. This was yet another of his unfortunate alliances, but a very necessary one. He turned back to gaze out at the city again and after a moment's deliberation, he clasped the pendant hanging from his neck and murmured, "Golden."

A shimmering mist spilled from the pendant and coalesced into a spectral owl which hovered expectantly before him. He motioned out toward the city and simply instructed, "Find her."

The owl turned and floated soundlessly away over the buildings toward the Library. It would take a fair amount of charge to have it run this little errand, which is why he had saved it before, but he needed answers.

"... I don't see why you couldn't have waited for Dharah to finish before sending Penelope out there," Mabli mumbled almost too quietly for him to hear.

"I thought I told you already," he spat and the Snapper flinched. "We can't simply waste time here. Someone had to go, and my health is too delicate to deal with that on its own. She's the fastest and can fly. It only made sense."

Mabli didn't raise any objections, but Loughrey could almost sense him stewing beside him. Once again, the Coatl wondered where this sudden rebellious streak had come from. More than likely it was just a phase. The Snapper had never exhibited the spine to really fend for himself, which is why Loughrey had to do it. Why Loughrey had to take care of all of them.

Now if only Penelope would just hurry back. What could possibly be holding her up?
< Previous ___________________________ Next >
Sparkling Stinger Serthis Alchemist Scaleback Bonewood Log
Here is a rare occurrence where procrastinating actually helped me, since while waiting for Loughrey to grow up so I could introduce him, I got two more dragons! Pinkerton is being... suspiciously generous. But I'll take it. I felt it a little necessary for this plot point for Loughrey to have at least someone else with him on the outside.
So here we are with a rare post with completely fresh faces! Was hoping to get outfits for them all, but I only got Loughrey's done because... procrastination lol. Mabli and FALSE were also still hatchlings, though Mabli did just grow up today. Plus a Beastclan member!! Which is a Serthis!! It's about time, I've always wanted to include one in a story!!
Also, I'm not sure if this is ever going to really come up as I've likely drastically veered from the lore already, but FALSE's whole deal is loosely inspired by the fact that he's a Hivemind descendant (for those that don't know, the Hivemind is a player-created subspecies of dragon). I doubt I'll be including any real bits of the subspecies lore, but I thought it might be fun to play off it a bit. Also, the Tribeam Hunter is not what Pinkerton gave me, but I already have a Scaleback attached to a different dragon (from my previous Pinkerlocke!), and so I couldn't use it. So I got creative~.
With all that, the plot thickens around Penelope!

@Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu
Breed Change x2, Apparel x2
wrp9ClQ.png
Oooh, fun. So Penelope is part of a treasure hunter gang, but seems to be not following her boss’s orders…
Oooh, fun. So Penelope is part of a treasure hunter gang, but seems to be not following her boss’s orders…

He/him | FRT+1 x
woah this was a really cool twist! I love that we see things from outside the spell-wall now (and its not just soul eating Shade out there after all - but some more traditional, physical treasure-hunter variety bad-guys :D)
I'm a bit worried next episode the shade comes up behind them and eats them all before we get to see further into their story though
woah this was a really cool twist! I love that we see things from outside the spell-wall now (and its not just soul eating Shade out there after all - but some more traditional, physical treasure-hunter variety bad-guys :D)
I'm a bit worried next episode the shade comes up behind them and eats them all before we get to see further into their story though
qDkA25S.png
@Reshiramu Indeed, she seems quite distracted lol.

@gn0me Sometimes, a new perspective is important! And really, considering they're all just now getting ready to enter the coli for the first time, that is a distinct possibility... hopefully not though. I want to write some treasure hunter shenanigans dangit.
@Reshiramu Indeed, she seems quite distracted lol.

@gn0me Sometimes, a new perspective is important! And really, considering they're all just now getting ready to enter the coli for the first time, that is a distinct possibility... hopefully not though. I want to write some treasure hunter shenanigans dangit.
Ooooo, I love the new characters, they are GORGEOUS
Ooooo, I love the new characters, they are GORGEOUS
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Yessss, I am very excited for them~!
@Petall Yessss, I am very excited for them~!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wUTLwJa.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5]Chapter 42[/size][/font][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87253798][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/872538/87253798.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87709065][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/877091/87709065.png[/img][/url][/center] Eileen pushed open the large reticulating barn doors that sealed the familiar wing. Penelope was helping her on the other side and daylight soon filled the interior space. Eileen went to get a big breath of fresh air and motioned Penelope over. The Wildclaw joined her, lifting her head to bask in the light, weakened as it was by the surrounding Shade. It was still better than constantly being cooped up inside. Eileen tapped Penelope on the arm and slowly signed to her, [i]‘This is where my dad used to work. It was his happy place. He said it used to be filled with familiars.’[/i] Penelope watched her claws diligently and smiling gently once she finished. A bittersweet expression. [i]‘It’s beautiful,’ [/i]she signed back, fumbling over a word but instead motioning around. Eileen smiled and signed the word for “place” and Penelope watched and mimicked her. She really was learning the language incredibly fast. She congratulated her and Penelope beamed. Gosh, she was cute when she smiled like that. The satchel at Penelope’s hip squirmed about and a brown, furry head popped out of it. The creature was her rasa which was affectionately named “Floofers”. It hadn’t enjoyed being inside for so long, but Penelope had been worried that it might run out of the spell shield if she took it outside. Thankfully, the familiar pen had its own security, as it was built to keep even flying creatures contained. Floofers was definitely not going to be jumping the several meter tall wall, so it was perfectly safe for the rasa to run around. It already seemed excited at the prospect, though cautious as it jumped out of Penelope’s satchel and sniffed at the grass. Penelope leaned down to encourage it until it got brave enough to explore. They played a game of chase or tag and Eileen could see Penelope’s mouth open in laughter. Eileen watched from the door until Penelope encouraged her to join them. They played around for a while, experiencing a joy that Eileen realized she hadn’t quite had since hatchlinghood. It was such a welcome change of pace from all the terror her life had become. How it had always been. Eventually something in the sky caught her eye. Looking up, she saw a glistening owl floating overhead. A beautiful creature that shown against the greyed sky. She caught Penelope’s arm and pointed up to it, saying, [i]‘Look! Beautiful owl. What kind do you think it is?’[/i] Penelope’s demeanor immediately shifted and the smile faded from her face. She looked away from it and fumbled with her claws until she signed, [i]‘Go inside? Please?’ ‘What’s wrong?’[/i] Eileen asked. She had to ask more than once since Penelope had turned to snatch up Floofers. The Wildclaw flinched and Eileen tilted her head in confusion. [i]‘I’m afraid… of birds,’[/i] she signed awkwardly once Floofers was shoved back in the satchel. Eileen blinked. [i]‘Sorry… sure, let’s go inside.’[/i] Penelope nodded in relief and lead the way, not abandoning Eileen but definitely in a hurry to get inside and close the doors. In the process, Floofers wriggled back out of the pack but not fast enough to get back outside. Once the door was closed, Penelope awkwardly turned to Eileen and said, [i]‘Sorry… To library?’ ‘Sure,’[/i] Eileen said, not sure how else to broach the subject of this fear Penelope had. She was hardly looking at Eileen as it was. [i]‘… Floofers can stay here. Still plenty of space to roam and there’s toys he could play with.’[/i] Once the message had gotten across, Penelope nodded and smiled almost nervously. They quickly set up something from the nearby storeroom for the rasa before heading deeper into the Library to resume Penelope’s lessons. It was a bit awkward though, as Penelope was doing everything she could to avoid talking any more about the incident. Meanwhile, it was all Eileen could think about… [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f7d654d2648aa8ce6a71cf869c9d61e4/tumblr_inline_o21bn2e4fq1r3lvtf_400.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88048003][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/880481/88048003.png[/img][/url] [item=serthis alchemist][/center] Loughrey went to sleep with a temper, but that wasn’t really anything new. The owl had spotted Penelope in the Library grounds with [i]some other [/i]dragon. So apparently, not only were there still denizens in the Library, but it looked as if Penelope had abandoned her mission. Mabli had at least convinced him to sleep on it so they could discuss everything with clearer heads, but deep down, he knew it hardly mattered. He would be just as angry tomorrow, but that didn’t change the fact that they needed to figure out what to do next. Mabli already had his mind made up though. Naturally, he was put on watch, considering he didn’t need to sleep like his companions. Even FALSE required frequent charging, and so he was left alone to himself and his thoughts every night. However, as he mulled over the events of the past week – the past few [i]years [/i]– he’d realized he’d had enough. Someone could only put up with Loughrey for so long. Mabli waited until a few hours after the sun had fully set and he could hear Loughrey’s ragged snoring. He waited an extra hour more, just in case. Then slowly he got up and quietly made his way over to the hut. Dharah lay curled in the corner and Mabli hesitated before gently shaking him awake. Honestly, this wasn’t entirely unusual. Dharah had been one of the few that Mabli could talk to and feel like he was being heard. Really, only one of two. The Serthis shifted, coiling in tighter on himself. He pushed away the covering he had and his piercing eyes glared out before they softened with recognition. He rearranged himself so that he was sitting up to better speak, whispering, “I thought you might want to talk.” “Yeah,” Mabli sighed, almost losing his nerve. Then he shored up his resolve and took a breath and asked, “You finished one of the potions, didn’t you?” Dharah stiffened and narrowed his eyes. “Perhaps…” “Dharah, please,” Mabli pleaded. “I’ve had it. I’m done. I’m going to join Penelope. Maybe the dragons in the Library are… better.” “You don’t know that,” Dharah hissed. “They can’t all be like Loughrey. Penelope isn’t,” Mabli countered. Dharah sighed, shifting uncomfortably. “… I do not know… if effective this potion will prove. My preference is the feathered one try it,” he said, not bothering to cover up his bitter tone. “I know,” Mabli said. “But I can’t wait any longer. Please. I trust you.” Dharah stared at him for a long time, then finally moved to the stone slab that served as an alchemy table. Reaching into a satchel beside it, he pulled out a vial with a dark, viscous liquid and hesitantly handed it to Mabli. The Snapper took it, murmuring his thanks. “… You could come with me,” he offered. “You don’t have any reason to stay with him.” Dharah hesitated, glancing out at the ruins. He hadn’t told anyone else, but Mabli knew how much this place terrified him. The Serthis inhaled deeply, but finally he nodded. “Very well. To make sure you reach safety,” he said. Mabli smiled, giving him an awkward pat on the shoulder. “Thank you, friend. We’ll make it, I’m sure of it,” he said. So quietly, they packed up their things and slipped out into the night. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/24#post_54799059][color=sienna]< [i]Previous[/i][/color][/url] [color=transparent]____________[emoji=glimmer tile size=1]_______________[/color] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2801811/25#post_54842729][color=sienna][i]Next[/i] >[/color][/url] ----- [item=bonewood log] [item=garden snail] [item=white lace honeybee] [item=pleco] Well. I usually try not to spoil things for plot and whatever, but unfortunately, this is the last we will see of Mabli. Poor thing was thrown into a party at level 1 with Vayne and while protected at level 1, he was no longer protected the moment he reached 2 and 3. And the lowest venue I could be in was the Thunderhead Savannah. A couple of mages took offense to him and took him out with pretty much no effort, and of course neither the coin flip nor the dice saved him. Dharah, however, thankfully survived, so I at least get to keep him ;;. [b]If anyone would like to take Mabli, he'll be available until late 8/11:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88048003][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/880481/88048003_350.png[/img][/url] I never got around to making an outfit for him, but I at least gave him a scarf that can go with him on request. On a different note, I wanted fluff, so have Eileen and Penelope being cute. That is all. @Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu ----- Breed Change x2, Apparel x2 ----- [img]https://i.imgur.com/wrp9ClQ.png[/img][/center]
wUTLwJa.png
Chapter 42
87253798.png 87709065.png
Eileen pushed open the large reticulating barn doors that sealed the familiar wing. Penelope was helping her on the other side and daylight soon filled the interior space. Eileen went to get a big breath of fresh air and motioned Penelope over. The Wildclaw joined her, lifting her head to bask in the light, weakened as it was by the surrounding Shade. It was still better than constantly being cooped up inside.

Eileen tapped Penelope on the arm and slowly signed to her, ‘This is where my dad used to work. It was his happy place. He said it used to be filled with familiars.’

Penelope watched her claws diligently and smiling gently once she finished. A bittersweet expression.

‘It’s beautiful,’ she signed back, fumbling over a word but instead motioning around. Eileen smiled and signed the word for “place” and Penelope watched and mimicked her. She really was learning the language incredibly fast. She congratulated her and Penelope beamed. Gosh, she was cute when she smiled like that.

The satchel at Penelope’s hip squirmed about and a brown, furry head popped out of it. The creature was her rasa which was affectionately named “Floofers”. It hadn’t enjoyed being inside for so long, but Penelope had been worried that it might run out of the spell shield if she took it outside. Thankfully, the familiar pen had its own security, as it was built to keep even flying creatures contained. Floofers was definitely not going to be jumping the several meter tall wall, so it was perfectly safe for the rasa to run around. It already seemed excited at the prospect, though cautious as it jumped out of Penelope’s satchel and sniffed at the grass. Penelope leaned down to encourage it until it got brave enough to explore. They played a game of chase or tag and Eileen could see Penelope’s mouth open in laughter. Eileen watched from the door until Penelope encouraged her to join them. They played around for a while, experiencing a joy that Eileen realized she hadn’t quite had since hatchlinghood. It was such a welcome change of pace from all the terror her life had become. How it had always been.

Eventually something in the sky caught her eye. Looking up, she saw a glistening owl floating overhead. A beautiful creature that shown against the greyed sky. She caught Penelope’s arm and pointed up to it, saying, ‘Look! Beautiful owl. What kind do you think it is?’

Penelope’s demeanor immediately shifted and the smile faded from her face. She looked away from it and fumbled with her claws until she signed, ‘Go inside? Please?’

‘What’s wrong?’
Eileen asked. She had to ask more than once since Penelope had turned to snatch up Floofers. The Wildclaw flinched and Eileen tilted her head in confusion.

‘I’m afraid… of birds,’ she signed awkwardly once Floofers was shoved back in the satchel. Eileen blinked.

‘Sorry… sure, let’s go inside.’

Penelope nodded in relief and lead the way, not abandoning Eileen but definitely in a hurry to get inside and close the doors. In the process, Floofers wriggled back out of the pack but not fast enough to get back outside. Once the door was closed, Penelope awkwardly turned to Eileen and said, ‘Sorry… To library?’

‘Sure,’
Eileen said, not sure how else to broach the subject of this fear Penelope had. She was hardly looking at Eileen as it was. ‘… Floofers can stay here. Still plenty of space to roam and there’s toys he could play with.’

Once the message had gotten across, Penelope nodded and smiled almost nervously. They quickly set up something from the nearby storeroom for the rasa before heading deeper into the Library to resume Penelope’s lessons. It was a bit awkward though, as Penelope was doing everything she could to avoid talking any more about the incident. Meanwhile, it was all Eileen could think about…
tumblr_inline_o21bn2e4fq1r3lvtf_400.png

88048003.png
Serthis Alchemist
Loughrey went to sleep with a temper, but that wasn’t really anything new. The owl had spotted Penelope in the Library grounds with some other dragon. So apparently, not only were there still denizens in the Library, but it looked as if Penelope had abandoned her mission. Mabli had at least convinced him to sleep on it so they could discuss everything with clearer heads, but deep down, he knew it hardly mattered. He would be just as angry tomorrow, but that didn’t change the fact that they needed to figure out what to do next.

Mabli already had his mind made up though. Naturally, he was put on watch, considering he didn’t need to sleep like his companions. Even FALSE required frequent charging, and so he was left alone to himself and his thoughts every night. However, as he mulled over the events of the past week – the past few years – he’d realized he’d had enough. Someone could only put up with Loughrey for so long.

Mabli waited until a few hours after the sun had fully set and he could hear Loughrey’s ragged snoring. He waited an extra hour more, just in case. Then slowly he got up and quietly made his way over to the hut. Dharah lay curled in the corner and Mabli hesitated before gently shaking him awake. Honestly, this wasn’t entirely unusual. Dharah had been one of the few that Mabli could talk to and feel like he was being heard. Really, only one of two.

The Serthis shifted, coiling in tighter on himself. He pushed away the covering he had and his piercing eyes glared out before they softened with recognition. He rearranged himself so that he was sitting up to better speak, whispering, “I thought you might want to talk.”

“Yeah,” Mabli sighed, almost losing his nerve. Then he shored up his resolve and took a breath and asked, “You finished one of the potions, didn’t you?”

Dharah stiffened and narrowed his eyes. “Perhaps…”

“Dharah, please,” Mabli pleaded. “I’ve had it. I’m done. I’m going to join Penelope. Maybe the dragons in the Library are… better.”

“You don’t know that,” Dharah hissed.

“They can’t all be like Loughrey. Penelope isn’t,” Mabli countered. Dharah sighed, shifting uncomfortably.

“… I do not know… if effective this potion will prove. My preference is the feathered one try it,” he said, not bothering to cover up his bitter tone.

“I know,” Mabli said. “But I can’t wait any longer. Please. I trust you.”

Dharah stared at him for a long time, then finally moved to the stone slab that served as an alchemy table. Reaching into a satchel beside it, he pulled out a vial with a dark, viscous liquid and hesitantly handed it to Mabli. The Snapper took it, murmuring his thanks.

“… You could come with me,” he offered. “You don’t have any reason to stay with him.”

Dharah hesitated, glancing out at the ruins. He hadn’t told anyone else, but Mabli knew how much this place terrified him. The Serthis inhaled deeply, but finally he nodded.

“Very well. To make sure you reach safety,” he said. Mabli smiled, giving him an awkward pat on the shoulder.

“Thank you, friend. We’ll make it, I’m sure of it,” he said.

So quietly, they packed up their things and slipped out into the night.
< Previous ___________________________ Next >
Bonewood Log Garden Snail White Lace Honeybee Pleco
Well. I usually try not to spoil things for plot and whatever, but unfortunately, this is the last we will see of Mabli. Poor thing was thrown into a party at level 1 with Vayne and while protected at level 1, he was no longer protected the moment he reached 2 and 3. And the lowest venue I could be in was the Thunderhead Savannah. A couple of mages took offense to him and took him out with pretty much no effort, and of course neither the coin flip nor the dice saved him. Dharah, however, thankfully survived, so I at least get to keep him ;;.

If anyone would like to take Mabli, he'll be available until late 8/11:
88048003_350.png
I never got around to making an outfit for him, but I at least gave him a scarf that can go with him on request.

On a different note, I wanted fluff, so have Eileen and Penelope being cute. That is all.

@Eversnow @VeniVidiVici @chewynoodles @Rosesinger @Petall @AlchemyFox @RadioReprise @MisterMylez @Kaivyrin @KyaTessa @kijauni @BarbaraFett @DragonPrincess27 @secretlylying @Wholesome @gn0me @Abysea @Reshiramu
Breed Change x2, Apparel x2
wrp9ClQ.png
Oh, I'm sorry you left Mabli so soon! If I were running a more peaceful locke currently, I would take him, but it sounds like he has been through enough, so I don't want to throw him to the wolves in Chasing Immortality
Oh, I'm sorry you left Mabli so soon! If I were running a more peaceful locke currently, I would take him, but it sounds like he has been through enough, so I don't want to throw him to the wolves in Chasing Immortality
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall, Oof, yeah, poor Mabli doesn't need that kind of stress =w=;. Nah, let him be at peace. Just wish we'd had him for longer.
@Petall, Oof, yeah, poor Mabli doesn't need that kind of stress =w=;. Nah, let him be at peace. Just wish we'd had him for longer.
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 51 52