Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [ FREE TH CODES ] Challenge art!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Difro
o mg!! That's so c u t e-- sending a code right away
@Difro
o mg!! That's so c u t e-- sending a code right away
7qCl3Ny.png
REEEE THIS TOOK LONGER THAN I MEANT IT TOO! I got really busy and only wrote most of this last night! Not my best work, but it's just a little moment between two of my characters.

(Also, is there a lot of coding work involved in toyhou.se or not?)

“This… You know this isn’t going to work, right?”
“Bah.”
“I’m serious.” Hero carefully leaned out over the edge of the abyss, even without sight able to feel the pressure from it pulsing in his head. A slip would be deadly for anyone without flight, tumbling for dozens upon dozens of miles down into the river below.
“I know you’re serious. I don’t care.” Jay chirped. She sounded pretty happy with her plan, however foolhardy. He could almost hear her grin as she balanced unnervingly close to the edge, confident Hero would catch her if she slipped.
Hero stood listening to her actions, wondering what she looked like nowadays. It’d been hundreds of years since he’d seen her face, and there was a rasp to her voice and a new frailty to her movements that distressed him. He had to wonder if her body had begun to fail the test of time, weakening as all humans did eventually, and how many scars she might have gained. His kind may live for ten times as long as she had so far, but that didn’t mean a human’s body was designed to stand such wear....
Jay stopped tying the rope around a sturdy rock, giving it as last tug and finally seeming pleased with it. He heard her twang the rope with a pleased chuckle, and his ears picked up every crack of her joints as she leapt back to her feet.
“Finally!”
“Normally I’d say something like this would kill someone, but that doesn’t quite apply to you, does it?”
“Nope.” Jay answered curtly.
“It seems much simpler just to walk down the mountain…” Hero muttered. “Safer too.”
“And it takes days.” Jay sighed. “I’ve been taking the same trip though the mountains for nearly a thousand years. The same six day round trip has gotten tiresome.”
“So your solution is the most dangerous rope bridge in all of history?”
Hero had been able to check the contraption Jay had made before she set it up. It was more of a ladder than a bridge, blanks stretched between two ropes that had been tied to rocks at each end. There were no railings, no safeguards, and overall, a very Jay thing to do.
“It’s not that dangerous.” Jay scoffed. “I’ve seen worse! Trust me, I once hung over this same ravine by a rope caught around my boot.”
She didn’t wait for him to complain further, swinging around and beginning to climb down what was a decline from this side. Hero sighed resignedly and lofted off the cliff to hover alongside the sound of her metal gloves and boots clicking against the planks.
She slipped and faltered more than he was used to, and he began to realize that normally Jay would have never asked him to oversee something like this. He’d thought her confidence was as sure as ever, but it came to him, as she hesitated once again, that it had become more blustering lately, more than the cool and certain confidence he was used to.
He had a sudden thought, one he never imagined he’d have about the immortal; Jay was getting old.
He was so lost in thought that his feet bumped against the other cliff when they reached it. Jay jumped off her bridge with a whoop, chattering about how she’d told him so.
Hero could only muster a smile and a congratulation. It was so obvious now… So obvious why she'd been dragging him along on every foolhardy adventure she would have previously been so confident in.
“Welp! Time to climb back up!”
Hero’s thoughts were interrupted by Jay, and he smiled. He swooped over and scooped her up before she could return to the bridge. “Yeah, yeah. It works all well and good, but I’m not letting you cross that death trap again until it has some railings.”
Jay’s following complaints soon died off, and she rested her head on his shoulder as they headed back home. He’d protect her while he could, use however much of his healing magic was needed to keep her well, to keep her body from decaying off her frame.
Too bad he wouldn’t be able to do so forever…
REEEE THIS TOOK LONGER THAN I MEANT IT TOO! I got really busy and only wrote most of this last night! Not my best work, but it's just a little moment between two of my characters.

(Also, is there a lot of coding work involved in toyhou.se or not?)

“This… You know this isn’t going to work, right?”
“Bah.”
“I’m serious.” Hero carefully leaned out over the edge of the abyss, even without sight able to feel the pressure from it pulsing in his head. A slip would be deadly for anyone without flight, tumbling for dozens upon dozens of miles down into the river below.
“I know you’re serious. I don’t care.” Jay chirped. She sounded pretty happy with her plan, however foolhardy. He could almost hear her grin as she balanced unnervingly close to the edge, confident Hero would catch her if she slipped.
Hero stood listening to her actions, wondering what she looked like nowadays. It’d been hundreds of years since he’d seen her face, and there was a rasp to her voice and a new frailty to her movements that distressed him. He had to wonder if her body had begun to fail the test of time, weakening as all humans did eventually, and how many scars she might have gained. His kind may live for ten times as long as she had so far, but that didn’t mean a human’s body was designed to stand such wear....
Jay stopped tying the rope around a sturdy rock, giving it as last tug and finally seeming pleased with it. He heard her twang the rope with a pleased chuckle, and his ears picked up every crack of her joints as she leapt back to her feet.
“Finally!”
“Normally I’d say something like this would kill someone, but that doesn’t quite apply to you, does it?”
“Nope.” Jay answered curtly.
“It seems much simpler just to walk down the mountain…” Hero muttered. “Safer too.”
“And it takes days.” Jay sighed. “I’ve been taking the same trip though the mountains for nearly a thousand years. The same six day round trip has gotten tiresome.”
“So your solution is the most dangerous rope bridge in all of history?”
Hero had been able to check the contraption Jay had made before she set it up. It was more of a ladder than a bridge, blanks stretched between two ropes that had been tied to rocks at each end. There were no railings, no safeguards, and overall, a very Jay thing to do.
“It’s not that dangerous.” Jay scoffed. “I’ve seen worse! Trust me, I once hung over this same ravine by a rope caught around my boot.”
She didn’t wait for him to complain further, swinging around and beginning to climb down what was a decline from this side. Hero sighed resignedly and lofted off the cliff to hover alongside the sound of her metal gloves and boots clicking against the planks.
She slipped and faltered more than he was used to, and he began to realize that normally Jay would have never asked him to oversee something like this. He’d thought her confidence was as sure as ever, but it came to him, as she hesitated once again, that it had become more blustering lately, more than the cool and certain confidence he was used to.
He had a sudden thought, one he never imagined he’d have about the immortal; Jay was getting old.
He was so lost in thought that his feet bumped against the other cliff when they reached it. Jay jumped off her bridge with a whoop, chattering about how she’d told him so.
Hero could only muster a smile and a congratulation. It was so obvious now… So obvious why she'd been dragging him along on every foolhardy adventure she would have previously been so confident in.
“Welp! Time to climb back up!”
Hero’s thoughts were interrupted by Jay, and he smiled. He swooped over and scooped her up before she could return to the bridge. “Yeah, yeah. It works all well and good, but I’m not letting you cross that death trap again until it has some railings.”
Jay’s following complaints soon died off, and she rested her head on his shoulder as they headed back home. He’d protect her while he could, use however much of his healing magic was needed to keep her well, to keep her body from decaying off her frame.
Too bad he wouldn’t be able to do so forever…
WjyjP9T.pngtumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o2_100.png
@sharpjay217
(Coding is all optional! You can do it by switching out of wysiwg or whatever it is I can’t remember.)
My h e a r t
I’ll send a code right away!-
@sharpjay217
(Coding is all optional! You can do it by switching out of wysiwg or whatever it is I can’t remember.)
My h e a r t
I’ll send a code right away!-
7qCl3Ny.png
@amble I have way too many ocs and tumblr isn't the best for organizing them so I had been thinking on getting a TH account :0 but anyway, here's my pokesona and my favorite oc :'D She's a Flaaffy! I've got quiiiiite a few pieces of art of her because I basically draw her every day but I'm Bad at writing, so here's a few doodles I made fjchddfc [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/36a6eb0041535ce4b73bac07f859cde0/a79deb1ed721b47f-c6/s1280x1920/aaf94b1c5fd340a8da683cc0054fb4cb54908168.png[/img] I also have a few drawings I've commissioned/gotten from other people and a dragon based on her ;v; [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42574426] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/425745/42574426_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
@amble I have way too many ocs and tumblr isn't the best for organizing them so I had been thinking on getting a TH account :0 but anyway, here's my pokesona and my favorite oc :'D She's a Flaaffy! I've got quiiiiite a few pieces of art of her because I basically draw her every day but I'm Bad at writing, so here's a few doodles I made fjchddfc
aaf94b1c5fd340a8da683cc0054fb4cb54908168.png

I also have a few drawings I've commissioned/gotten from other people and a dragon based on her ;v;

42574426_350.png

sigA1.pngsigA2.png
@amble

Here we are! This is an excerpt from a short story I'm writing off and on... The basic plot line is that three sisters accidentally find a UFO and take it to space and meet a whole gaggle of aliens and somehow get caught up in a galactic war. It's sort of a self-indulgent story haha xD

Anywho, this portion is told from the POV of the oldest sister of the trio, Alaine.

When I woke up again it was to the sound of alarms.
I half-jumped, half-toppled out of the cot, scrambling groggily for the door. I slammed the “open” button, lurching out into the hallway and looking left and right quickly, trying to figure out what was going on.
Someone ran past me and I called, “Hey! Hey, what’s going on?”
“Two Supreme Huntships,” the alien replied over its shoulder, not bothering to stop.
I shook myself a little more awake, turning and heading for the bridge. Several more crewmen ran past me on the way, and when I reached the bridge I found it buzzing with tension. Several aliens called to each other from their different consoles, communicating current ship status for the Kia’nira, how near the Huntships were, how fast they were coming—shield strength, gun availability, etc.
I looked quickly around but didn’t spot Captain Krael or Til’sook; I ran back to my room and shut the door, pulling on my spacesuit and grabbing my helmet before heading out again, striding for the bridge. I found my sisters in the hall, having just left their cabins and trying to get to the bridge as well. We made it there together, and this time Til’sook was present; I hurried over to him, asking, “How far away are the Huntships?”
He shot me a sidelong glance and didn’t respond, looking back to the console he’d been examining. I frowned, turning away and asking a random crewmember, “The Huntships, how far away are they?”
“Less than an hour away, by human standards,” the alien replied right before Til’sook snapped, “Do not answer, they are not authorized—!”
I nodded curtly, darting off the bridge and into the hall again. My sisters ran after me, and Ally called, “Hey, hold up! What are you doing?”
“Getting to the fighter!” I replied, twisting to wave a hand back at them. “Stay here!”
I didn’t listen to whatever they called next, beating them to the elevator and heading down. I reached the hangar, finding a bustle of activity and beginning to make my way through it, heading for the Evyrian fighter when I found my arms grabbed, restrained on either side by a pair of aliens.
I tried to yank away, exclaiming, “Let go! What are you doing?!”
“Orders from Commander Til’sook,” one replied simply, and they both started to drag be back towards the elevator; I commenced struggling, and just before we reached the elevator the doors hissed and slid open, and out strode Captain Krael.
He took in the spectacle before him quickly, demanding, “What’s going on here?”
“Commander Til’sook gave orders not to let the human escape again,” one of my captors explained, while the other added, “She was heading for the Evyrian ship.”
Krael looked to me and I said quickly, “Let me get out there, I can take care of those Huntships—I took down the one over Ta’nun, I can take down these two! The Kia’nira’s in no shape to put up a decent fight!”
Krael stared at me, brow furrowing uncertainly.
I suddenly realized what he must be thinking and pleaded, “Please, sir, I left my sisters on the first level—I wouldn’t leave without them, I know you know that! I just want to help!” I hesitated, then added, “I owe you.”
Krael frowned decisively, nodding curtly to the two aliens holding me.
“Let her go.”
They did as he said and I gasped a ‘thank you’ before pulling my helmet on, connecting with the Evyrian fighter and already starting up the engines as I ran for the ship. The porthole slid open and I clambered in, starting when I heard a sound behind me.
I looked back to see Krael climbing in after me, and I cried, startled, “What are you doing?!”
“I’m coming with you,” he responded, getting inside and putting on his own, three-eyed helmet. “I want to see what this ship can do.”
I flinched. Crap. There was no way he’d let me off the hook if he saw what the ship could do—and what was stopping him from forcibly taking it and selling it to the highest bidder? But, I had no choice.
I shut the porthole and ran for the cockpit, the pilot’s seat and joysticks jumping out to greet me. The dashboard lit up, all the holographic screens flickering into life; the cockpit window flashed to the outside view and I heard the satisfying hum, feeling the ship’s slight vibration as it fired up.
I willed a chair up behind me for Krael, exclaiming, “Better buckle up, I’m still learning the ropes. Might be a little bumpy.”
“I thought—”
“All I said was I could fly it, not that I was necessarily an expert at it. Hang on!”
@amble

Here we are! This is an excerpt from a short story I'm writing off and on... The basic plot line is that three sisters accidentally find a UFO and take it to space and meet a whole gaggle of aliens and somehow get caught up in a galactic war. It's sort of a self-indulgent story haha xD

Anywho, this portion is told from the POV of the oldest sister of the trio, Alaine.

When I woke up again it was to the sound of alarms.
I half-jumped, half-toppled out of the cot, scrambling groggily for the door. I slammed the “open” button, lurching out into the hallway and looking left and right quickly, trying to figure out what was going on.
Someone ran past me and I called, “Hey! Hey, what’s going on?”
“Two Supreme Huntships,” the alien replied over its shoulder, not bothering to stop.
I shook myself a little more awake, turning and heading for the bridge. Several more crewmen ran past me on the way, and when I reached the bridge I found it buzzing with tension. Several aliens called to each other from their different consoles, communicating current ship status for the Kia’nira, how near the Huntships were, how fast they were coming—shield strength, gun availability, etc.
I looked quickly around but didn’t spot Captain Krael or Til’sook; I ran back to my room and shut the door, pulling on my spacesuit and grabbing my helmet before heading out again, striding for the bridge. I found my sisters in the hall, having just left their cabins and trying to get to the bridge as well. We made it there together, and this time Til’sook was present; I hurried over to him, asking, “How far away are the Huntships?”
He shot me a sidelong glance and didn’t respond, looking back to the console he’d been examining. I frowned, turning away and asking a random crewmember, “The Huntships, how far away are they?”
“Less than an hour away, by human standards,” the alien replied right before Til’sook snapped, “Do not answer, they are not authorized—!”
I nodded curtly, darting off the bridge and into the hall again. My sisters ran after me, and Ally called, “Hey, hold up! What are you doing?”
“Getting to the fighter!” I replied, twisting to wave a hand back at them. “Stay here!”
I didn’t listen to whatever they called next, beating them to the elevator and heading down. I reached the hangar, finding a bustle of activity and beginning to make my way through it, heading for the Evyrian fighter when I found my arms grabbed, restrained on either side by a pair of aliens.
I tried to yank away, exclaiming, “Let go! What are you doing?!”
“Orders from Commander Til’sook,” one replied simply, and they both started to drag be back towards the elevator; I commenced struggling, and just before we reached the elevator the doors hissed and slid open, and out strode Captain Krael.
He took in the spectacle before him quickly, demanding, “What’s going on here?”
“Commander Til’sook gave orders not to let the human escape again,” one of my captors explained, while the other added, “She was heading for the Evyrian ship.”
Krael looked to me and I said quickly, “Let me get out there, I can take care of those Huntships—I took down the one over Ta’nun, I can take down these two! The Kia’nira’s in no shape to put up a decent fight!”
Krael stared at me, brow furrowing uncertainly.
I suddenly realized what he must be thinking and pleaded, “Please, sir, I left my sisters on the first level—I wouldn’t leave without them, I know you know that! I just want to help!” I hesitated, then added, “I owe you.”
Krael frowned decisively, nodding curtly to the two aliens holding me.
“Let her go.”
They did as he said and I gasped a ‘thank you’ before pulling my helmet on, connecting with the Evyrian fighter and already starting up the engines as I ran for the ship. The porthole slid open and I clambered in, starting when I heard a sound behind me.
I looked back to see Krael climbing in after me, and I cried, startled, “What are you doing?!”
“I’m coming with you,” he responded, getting inside and putting on his own, three-eyed helmet. “I want to see what this ship can do.”
I flinched. Crap. There was no way he’d let me off the hook if he saw what the ship could do—and what was stopping him from forcibly taking it and selling it to the highest bidder? But, I had no choice.
I shut the porthole and ran for the cockpit, the pilot’s seat and joysticks jumping out to greet me. The dashboard lit up, all the holographic screens flickering into life; the cockpit window flashed to the outside view and I heard the satisfying hum, feeling the ship’s slight vibration as it fired up.
I willed a chair up behind me for Krael, exclaiming, “Better buckle up, I’m still learning the ropes. Might be a little bumpy.”
“I thought—”
“All I said was I could fly it, not that I was necessarily an expert at it. Hang on!”
@morganberry
Sending the code right away! Cute babey-

@nirintallisbane
HOLY SMOKES. Gosh, you’ll have to tell me if you put up the rest of that :0
Sending the code!
@morganberry
Sending the code right away! Cute babey-

@nirintallisbane
HOLY SMOKES. Gosh, you’ll have to tell me if you put up the rest of that :0
Sending the code!
7qCl3Ny.png
@amble

This is a very small excerpt from the first draft of a book I'm working on. Been looking for a better way to organize stuff and, while I haven't Heard of TH before, it seems like a great place to start!

It isn't that pretty atm and is currently very bareboned, I apologize if there's any grammar or spelling issues.

It pained him; being back here. It had been many years since, but the memory hung fresh in his mind. Hidden away by brush and trees, the flowerbed that once held his mother's corpse, now lays a small, marked grave.
It had been a long time since and the memory that had left him scarred had long since become twisted; corrupted by fear and the loss of a child's innocence.

The sound of footsteps of the path brought him out of his thoughts.
''I don't think I have seen you here for years, why now?''

''Just wanted to say goodbye y'know? Considering I won't be home for a long time.'' He chuckled and turned around to his bodyguard.

She stared at him with a blank look before sighing,
''Your father wants to see you before you board, Your Highness.''

He grimaced but started making his way down the dirt path.
''Thought I told you to call me by my name, Siani.''

''Your Highness— Ceri,'' He could practically hear her eyes roll behind him, ''The palace has ears and eyes everywhere, you of all people should know that.''
@amble

This is a very small excerpt from the first draft of a book I'm working on. Been looking for a better way to organize stuff and, while I haven't Heard of TH before, it seems like a great place to start!

It isn't that pretty atm and is currently very bareboned, I apologize if there's any grammar or spelling issues.

It pained him; being back here. It had been many years since, but the memory hung fresh in his mind. Hidden away by brush and trees, the flowerbed that once held his mother's corpse, now lays a small, marked grave.
It had been a long time since and the memory that had left him scarred had long since become twisted; corrupted by fear and the loss of a child's innocence.

The sound of footsteps of the path brought him out of his thoughts.
''I don't think I have seen you here for years, why now?''

''Just wanted to say goodbye y'know? Considering I won't be home for a long time.'' He chuckled and turned around to his bodyguard.

She stared at him with a blank look before sighing,
''Your father wants to see you before you board, Your Highness.''

He grimaced but started making his way down the dirt path.
''Thought I told you to call me by my name, Siani.''

''Your Highness— Ceri,'' He could practically hear her eyes roll behind him, ''The palace has ears and eyes everywhere, you of all people should know that.''
Thank goodness for this thread! I was planning on trying to scour for some way to get a code to store my new ocs, and also something to motivate me to make art of my new oc! [img]https://i.imgur.com/m14uzRF.png[/img] Made by @/Alfamangle! Pinging myself since I have a bunch of stuff I'm already doing and need to keep track of this @LemonySnaket
Thank goodness for this thread! I was planning on trying to scour for some way to get a code to store my new ocs, and also something to motivate me to make art of my new oc!
m14uzRF.png
Made by @/Alfamangle!

Pinging myself since I have a bunch of stuff I'm already doing and need to keep track of this @LemonySnaket
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
@Ranjani
@LemonySnaket
Aaa both of yours are awesome!! I'll send you your codes right away! :D
@Ranjani
@LemonySnaket
Aaa both of yours are awesome!! I'll send you your codes right away! :D
7qCl3Ny.png
@amble
Hey, I think you got messed up but the art isn't mine! it was from a 'make an oc for the user above you' thread and I was planning on doing my own art for the oc I received!
However, if it is how this thread works, correct me!
@amble
Hey, I think you got messed up but the art isn't mine! it was from a 'make an oc for the user above you' thread and I was planning on doing my own art for the oc I received!
However, if it is how this thread works, correct me!
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6