Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | { Scorned Stars } A Love Story
1 2
So we begin to start the love story, between my two little Coatls, Sibilum and Stella, following the lore of the Clan, ( minus Gijinka bits ), here are their appearances! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36102617] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/361027/36102617_350.png[/img] [/url] Above we have Sibilum, and below is Stella! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35848912] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/358490/35848912_350.png[/img] [/url] There will be drama, action, prophecies and more! ( Also a time passer as I gather resources for a future Locke Challenge! ) As per request, I now have a Pinglist for Scorned Stars! [quote] @happyasaclam, @LamianLove [/quote] Note! Since I try to interact with those who read, or ask questions, etc, I'm going to put a little chapter guide here! That way any new readers won't need to flip through comments to find the next update~ [quote][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2683227#post_38986125]~Chapter One[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2683227#post_39014173]~Chapter Two[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2683227/2#post_39058207]~ Chapter Three[/url] [/quote]
So we begin to start the love story, between my two little Coatls, Sibilum and Stella, following the lore of the Clan, ( minus Gijinka bits ), here are their appearances!

36102617_350.png

Above we have Sibilum, and below is Stella!

35848912_350.png

There will be drama, action, prophecies and more! ( Also a time passer as I gather resources for a future Locke Challenge! )

As per request, I now have a Pinglist for Scorned Stars!

Note! Since I try to interact with those who read, or ask questions, etc, I'm going to put a little chapter guide here! That way any new readers won't need to flip through comments to find the next update~
Gonna start this one off soon~ Maybe art between updates would be enjoyable? Granted it would be traditional though?
Gonna start this one off soon~ Maybe art between updates would be enjoyable? Granted it would be traditional though?
[quote][center][b][i]The Beginning[/i][/b][/center] __________________________________________________________________ A blink, the hatchling looking up at the Skydancer, carrying him by the scruff of his hide. Bits of eggshell clung to his feathers, he wasn't sure how he knew, but, he knew the dragon to be a Skydancer, a female, much older than him. Also, not his parent. A tiny, curious warble leaves his throat, a question without words, who was she, where were they, only prompting a low hissing growl from the Dragoness. He quickly fell silent then, electric blue eyes peering about, he would learn himself then. Though the Dragoness was moving quickly, as though she were afraid. Yet, when he listened, he heard nothing behind them, just the steady cries of the wildlife around them. The danger, however, lurked underbrush, the sound of scales on the ground, before the Dragoness took flight, twisting and dancing her way into the skies. The wind cut through to the bone, and he [i]hissed[/i] in violent protest, but he also was ignored entirely. Eyes screwed shut, and the Coatl decides the best he can do, is curl into a tight ball, try to ignore the wind that left him shaking in the Skydancer's fangs. When he next opened his eyes, he was dropped roughly to the ground, head raising up to lock eyes with the azure eyes of a wide-eared Dragon, wings folded close to his back, as the Dragoness shoved him into the clawed grip of the Dragon. Coatl peers over the Dragon's attire, a wolf pelt draped over his back, with a mask hiding all features save his eyes. The young hatchling swallows hard, the Dragoness was not his mother, but he could not fathom going with such a frightening looking beast, fear causing him to shiver in his skin. But he didn't have a choice, crying pitifully when the Skydancer all but shot into the air, nary a trace left of her. Again, with a clawed grip tilting his head up, a whine in his throat, he knew this was a Mirror, who smelled strongly of salt water and fresh air. Underneath the pelt, he saw the blues and wave like markings, smirched into his hide. "Lost little thing..." The voice that came, low from the base of the Mirror's throat, almost a cooing as he scruffed the hatchling from the ground. It did not feel the same as the Dragoness, and, young hatchling relaxed in the Mirror's grip. So much excitement and electric blue eyes drift closed, completely, and utterly worn. Only a day in life, and already he had been cast aside and claimed again. __________________________________________________________________ [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=161&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=69&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=21&auth=0c24bc0da727174ec5ecdc6efdbef70c10162a55&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote]
Quote:
The Beginning

A blink, the hatchling looking up at the Skydancer, carrying him by the scruff of his hide.

Bits of eggshell clung to his feathers, he wasn't sure how he knew, but, he knew the dragon to be a Skydancer, a female, much older than him. Also, not his parent. A tiny, curious warble leaves his throat, a question without words, who was she, where were they, only prompting a low hissing growl from the Dragoness.

He quickly fell silent then, electric blue eyes peering about, he would learn himself then. Though the Dragoness was moving quickly, as though she were afraid. Yet, when he listened, he heard nothing behind them, just the steady cries of the wildlife around them.

The danger, however, lurked underbrush, the sound of scales on the ground, before the Dragoness took flight, twisting and dancing her way into the skies. The wind cut through to the bone, and he hissed in violent protest, but he also was ignored entirely. Eyes screwed shut, and the Coatl decides the best he can do, is curl into a tight ball, try to ignore the wind that left him shaking in the Skydancer's fangs.

When he next opened his eyes, he was dropped roughly to the ground, head raising up to lock eyes with the azure eyes of a wide-eared Dragon, wings folded close to his back, as the Dragoness shoved him into the clawed grip of the Dragon. Coatl peers over the Dragon's attire, a wolf pelt draped over his back, with a mask hiding all features save his eyes. The young hatchling swallows hard, the Dragoness was not his mother, but he could not fathom going with such a frightening looking beast, fear causing him to shiver in his skin. But he didn't have a choice, crying pitifully when the Skydancer all but shot into the air, nary a trace left of her.

Again, with a clawed grip tilting his head up, a whine in his throat, he knew this was a Mirror, who smelled strongly of salt water and fresh air. Underneath the pelt, he saw the blues and wave like markings, smirched into his hide.

"Lost little thing..." The voice that came, low from the base of the Mirror's throat, almost a cooing as he scruffed the hatchling from the ground. It did not feel the same as the Dragoness, and, young hatchling relaxed in the Mirror's grip.

So much excitement and electric blue eyes drift closed, completely, and utterly worn.

Only a day in life, and already he had been cast aside and claimed again.

dragon?age=0&body=161&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=69&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=21&auth=0c24bc0da727174ec5ecdc6efdbef70c10162a55&dummyext=prev.png
[quote][center][i][b]Mother[/b][/i][/center] __________________________________________________________________ When the Coatl awakens, he notices he is tucked into the crook of the neck of the Mirror from before. Power rolled from the older dragon in waves, and, curiously, Hatchling nudged his face against the Mirror's shoulder. Twin pairs of eyes blink open, and the Coatl squeaks in shock when a finned ear, much softer than it's horn like appearance led to believe, gently flapped over his head. "Unnamed little one, I am Ghira. From this moment, I will be your Leader, and today, we will meet with who will be your mother, she who will also be your name giver." Could Ghira really decide this? Apparently so, while Unnamed was not very keen with his sense of smell, there was still an abundance of scents from different dragons and different elements, all overlayed with the scent of water that so strongly came from Ghira. Ghira must then not be a self-proclaimed leader, he simply just must be. Unnamed cooed under his breath, feathered mane lowering flat down his skull and neck, as he twisted his head upside down. Curious, but afraid. A burst of low, rumbling laughter came from Ghira, and Unnamed could not help but to squeak, indignified from this. Though he knew not why the Leader was laughing. "Easy, no need to flare your feathers at me. Come, we will meet with the one to be your mother." Electric blue eyes blinked, reluctantly standing on shaking legs, he had not walked before, though Dragons aged quickly to reach their prime, the first steps were regardless, always the most difficult thing to master. But it came, stepping cautiously to rise, wings dragging in the ground like a blanket, shrouding his garnet-colored hide. Instinctively, he could not help but feel proud, of the blues and reds and violets marking his body. Colorful, with a range that melded well together. He was pretty. That was good, at least it felt that way. But he could not focus for long, as Ghira moved on ahead, his shoulders rolled back, bat-like wings folded precisely along his spine. Curious, Unnamed tried to mimic his actions, clumsily folding feathered wings to his spine. Feathers stuck out oddly, and he felt incredibly off balanced. Maybe he was doing it wrong. Probably. Ghira peered back, met with the sight of the little hatchling with his wings bundled much like an oversized coat wrapped around his shoulders. Oh dear. Lowering his muzzle, he nudged the hatchling's wings into a proper fold, eliciting a happy trill from the hatchling. If Zircon were not so protective of Stella, Ghira would have liked to leave the unnamed hatchling with him. But as it stood, the Unnamed was young, freshly hatched and barely making it past his first day. Young one bounded about his claws now, muzzle open wide, revealing small fangs as he laughed and squealed. So young, so young to be left, and for what reason? The question burned in Ghira's flesh, but he pressed on. A violet Skydancer eventually made way into his focus, and Ghira called out to her, deep azure eyes peering about to his direction. Black wings closed, and she lowered her head, bending to the will of her Clan's leader with practiced ease. "Ghira. What do you require of me?" The unnamed Hatchling peered up now, and he curiously flicked his tongue out, testing the air. Another Skydancer. Feathered mane lowered again, uncertain. "You lost your clutch, I was aware Zahira. Another Skydancer came, and she left this little one here. Perhaps, you would be willing to watch him? He hatched just before she abandoned him-" There's a low snarl, long tail lashing, annoyed. "Replacing my hatchlings will not make me-" Ghira's wings suddenly unfolded, spreading wide as his finned ears stretched out, intimidation, silent, with an unwavering, withering glare. "Yield." Zahira almost instantly fell back, making herself smaller, eyes averted as she picked her clawed talons along the sandy grounds. "I yield, Leader." Were all Clans like this? Fighting until one was made the leader? The thought was not a pleasant one, though it did happen to be intriguing. "Now... to the matter of the hatchling. He is Unnamed, was abandoned to our Clan. I offered you a chance to be a mother. Whether you take it or not does not matter, you will be raising him." A single nod and Ghira uses a wickedly clawed nudge to the unnamed's back, prompting a tiny growl of frustration. Unnamed didn't want to go anywhere anymore. "Go on." A low whine and he does, wings wilting along his back. When the Mirror left, the Skydancer lowered her maw, hooded eyes glaring down at him. "You will be called Sibilum, and never, will you refer to me as mother." __________________________________________________________________ [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/279082/27908134_350.png[/img][/quote]
Quote:
Mother

When the Coatl awakens, he notices he is tucked into the crook of the neck of the Mirror from before. Power rolled from the older dragon in waves, and, curiously, Hatchling nudged his face against the Mirror's shoulder.

Twin pairs of eyes blink open, and the Coatl squeaks in shock when a finned ear, much softer than it's horn like appearance led to believe, gently flapped over his head.

"Unnamed little one, I am Ghira. From this moment, I will be your Leader, and today, we will meet with who will be your mother, she who will also be your name giver." Could Ghira really decide this? Apparently so, while Unnamed was not very keen with his sense of smell, there was still an abundance of scents from different dragons and different elements, all overlayed with the scent of water that so strongly came from Ghira. Ghira must then not be a self-proclaimed leader, he simply just must be.

Unnamed cooed under his breath, feathered mane lowering flat down his skull and neck, as he twisted his head upside down. Curious, but afraid. A burst of low, rumbling laughter came from Ghira, and Unnamed could not help but to squeak, indignified from this. Though he knew not why the Leader was laughing.

"Easy, no need to flare your feathers at me. Come, we will meet with the one to be your mother." Electric blue eyes blinked, reluctantly standing on shaking legs, he had not walked before, though Dragons aged quickly to reach their prime, the first steps were regardless, always the most difficult thing to master.

But it came, stepping cautiously to rise, wings dragging in the ground like a blanket, shrouding his garnet-colored hide. Instinctively, he could not help but feel proud, of the blues and reds and violets marking his body. Colorful, with a range that melded well together. He was pretty. That was good, at least it felt that way.

But he could not focus for long, as Ghira moved on ahead, his shoulders rolled back, bat-like wings folded precisely along his spine. Curious, Unnamed tried to mimic his actions, clumsily folding feathered wings to his spine.

Feathers stuck out oddly, and he felt incredibly off balanced. Maybe he was doing it wrong. Probably. Ghira peered back, met with the sight of the little hatchling with his wings bundled much like an oversized coat wrapped around his shoulders. Oh dear.
Lowering his muzzle, he nudged the hatchling's wings into a proper fold, eliciting a happy trill from the hatchling. If Zircon were not so protective of Stella, Ghira would have liked to leave the unnamed hatchling with him. But as it stood, the Unnamed was young, freshly hatched and barely making it past his first day. Young one bounded about his claws now, muzzle open wide, revealing small fangs as he laughed and squealed. So young, so young to be left, and for what reason?

The question burned in Ghira's flesh, but he pressed on. A violet Skydancer eventually made way into his focus, and Ghira called out to her, deep azure eyes peering about to his direction. Black wings closed, and she lowered her head, bending to the will of her Clan's leader with practiced ease.

"Ghira. What do you require of me?" The unnamed Hatchling peered up now, and he curiously flicked his tongue out, testing the air. Another Skydancer. Feathered mane lowered again, uncertain.

"You lost your clutch, I was aware Zahira. Another Skydancer came, and she left this little one here. Perhaps, you would be willing to watch him? He hatched just before she abandoned him-"

There's a low snarl, long tail lashing, annoyed.

"Replacing my hatchlings will not make me-" Ghira's wings suddenly unfolded, spreading wide as his finned ears stretched out, intimidation, silent, with an unwavering, withering glare.

"Yield."

Zahira almost instantly fell back, making herself smaller, eyes averted as she picked her clawed talons along the sandy grounds. "I yield, Leader." Were all Clans like this? Fighting until one was made the leader? The thought was not a pleasant one, though it did happen to be intriguing.

"Now... to the matter of the hatchling. He is Unnamed, was abandoned to our Clan. I offered you a chance to be a mother. Whether you take it or not does not matter, you will be raising him." A single nod and Ghira uses a wickedly clawed nudge to the unnamed's back, prompting a tiny growl of frustration. Unnamed didn't want to go anywhere anymore.

"Go on." A low whine and he does, wings wilting along his back.

When the Mirror left, the Skydancer lowered her maw, hooded eyes glaring down at him.

"You will be called Sibilum, and never, will you refer to me as mother."

27908134_350.png
@SilverFroth your writing is incredible, do you have a pinglist?
@SilverFroth your writing is incredible, do you have a pinglist?
soulbonds. a flight rising story ||
fightin' words lore shop ||
free writing
@happyasaclam

Oh, thank you! I was hoping it would be enjoyed! I can most certainly make one if you're interested?
@happyasaclam

Oh, thank you! I was hoping it would be enjoyed! I can most certainly make one if you're interested?
@SilverFroth yes please!
@SilverFroth yes please!
free writing
@happyasaclam

There we go! Pinglist for Scorned Stars will now be up on its first post, where I have you! Thanks for being my first commentor and showing interest in Scorned Stars!
@happyasaclam

There we go! Pinglist for Scorned Stars will now be up on its first post, where I have you! Thanks for being my first commentor and showing interest in Scorned Stars!
@SilverFroth no probs, I have a lore thread myself and I'd be happy to throw you on the "stories to read" section if you're interested?
@SilverFroth no probs, I have a lore thread myself and I'd be happy to throw you on the "stories to read" section if you're interested?
free writing
@happyasaclam

I would appreciate that a lot actually, thank you so much! Though my apologies if I vanish soon, Wi-Fi tends to be fickle whilst mobile for me.
@happyasaclam

I would appreciate that a lot actually, thank you so much! Though my apologies if I vanish soon, Wi-Fi tends to be fickle whilst mobile for me.
1 2