Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | { Scorned Stars } A Love Story
1 2
@SilverFroth all done, keep up the good work!
@SilverFroth all done, keep up the good work!
soulbonds. a flight rising story ||
fightin' words lore shop ||
free writing
Not really an update, but how long would you all like to see our cast as hatchlings, for a little bit? Or should we get through the hatchling phase as quickly as possible?
Not really an update, but how long would you all like to see our cast as hatchlings, for a little bit? Or should we get through the hatchling phase as quickly as possible?
[quote][center][i][b]A meeting of Songs[/b][/i][/center] __________________________________________________________________ While Zahira may not have wanted to be his mother, Sibilum will say she had been a good Mentor. Possibly because she wanted nothing to do with him. She groomed him when necessary, carefully preening feathers as he grew. Night after night, she whispered prayers over him before sleep, taught him with a ferocity that left his body aching for hours, though never did he cry, always getting scolded should he so much as whimper. The hatchling had only been there for seven days time when she finally shooed him away from her side. He had been aged day four when he learned what Sibilum meant, and day four, was when he decided to stop his pointless attempts at getting Zahira to like him. Instead, he was now slinking through the Clan's home, watching with narrowed eyes, all the caves that sunk lower and lower into the water, a maze-like system, and he stayed at the surface. Sibilum felt famished, but, with Zahira's most recent attempts in subduing him, for whatever reason he could not understand, he dared not eat. Fear of tearing open a hearty meal, only to fill his jaws with writhing [i]maggots[/i]. Sibilum had been rinsing his mouth, gargling water for hours to get rid of the vilest tasting mess in his mouth. He's broken from his thoughts, by a strange, twisting mass of wings, fluttering wildly just a few feet from the ground. Another Coatl? Around his age no less. Curiosity got the better of him, as he crept nearer, finding that her flying was not so wild as he thought. Just, [i]practicing[/i]. The use of the feathers from her hind legs, butterfly patterned wings had Sibilum suck in a breath, when she fell to the ground, stunned. Whilst Zahira made him untrusting, Sibilum could not help but rush over, electric blue eyes locking with the most beautiful shade of crimson he had ever seen. Which wasn't much, reds seemed so far and in between here, but it was better than the deep Azure, spurning him from the nest every time he woke. Though he could not yet grasp the common draconic language, he did try, speaking with broken words underlined by a warped humming, strangled in his throat. "Fell... hurt?" It was the best he could manage before she tilted her head from her crumpled body on the sands. She cooed at him then, and, it sounded soft, sweet. So unlike the broken songs he tried to convey with. "I'm fine." She answered back then, no longer humming and clicking at him, singing to him in a language he did not fully know but understood to some degree. She rose from her broken mess, and her feathered wings smoothed down along her back. There were not many colors over her, and a part of this felt wrong somehow, though he ignored it, in no position to judge. If anything, the flints and Obsidian made the twilight of her hide all the more interesting, better yet, the faint reds, deeply maroon, that petaled into her hide like tattoos. "You were watching me? Strange!" Sibilum knew he should feel embarrassed for being caught, but, there was some light-hearted, half-crooked smile at her maw, and he felt at ease. She was merely teasing, playing even. "Sibilum." A clawed front paw was used in gesturing to himself, and the other hatchling's eyes glittered with excitement, clicking and singing to him again in short, rapid bursts that made his head spin. All he could really get out of her melodies was that she was called after a Star. Stella. Another broken attempt at singing back to her and the crest of feathers around her head folded back, a strange look of hurt in her eyes. "You cannot sing-? Why are you raised by Elder Zahira?" She knew him then. Or perhaps had seen him. Sibilum shrugged, suddenly uncomfortable. What did it matter if he could not sing? He could talk, he could communicate just[i] fine.[/i] "At least, I am not pale and grey." His words are sharp, just like the jagged, hissing growl that rose from behind him. Whirling around, he is met with all the wrath of the sun, all crimson and maroon crackles with shimmering iridescent. Burning eyes of fire, as great wings rose back, flared up in an angry display, the older Coatl bringing his face down to meet eye to eye with Sibilum, and never had he felt he messed up so badly under such scrutiny. There is silence, and others of the Clan peer in, curious of who would rile up Zircon so much, let along a young Hatchling. But Zircon ignores him now, sweeping by with a strict rush, his entire body all but forcing Sibilum out of the way, stumbling into the ground, turning back just to see the Coatl of fire pick up his daughter, scruffing her by her hide and striding away. He was alone again. The thought brought a deep, wretched feeling, tears stinging at his eyes, and it had been his fault to rub salt deeper to the wound. Sibilum would not run to Zahira however. Skydancer would not protect him, likely would serve him to Zircon on a silver platter and let Sibilum be bested his punishment without so much as batting an eye. When he returned to the nest, Zahira muttered a prayer, just before he slept, just as she always had from day one. When Sibilum woke, all of his body was still, frozen. All of his crying, broken notes and high pitches that grated the ears. That was how Ghira found him, left for the high tides, partially buried in the sands. __________________________________________________________________ [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=174&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=14&winggene=13&wings=129&auth=0e586754a6dc876c42fac7c838df602701c2cf39&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7014321] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70144/7014321_350.png[/img] [/url][/quote]
Quote:
A meeting of Songs

While Zahira may not have wanted to be his mother, Sibilum will say she had been a good Mentor. Possibly because she wanted nothing to do with him. She groomed him when necessary, carefully preening feathers as he grew. Night after night, she whispered prayers over him before sleep, taught him with a ferocity that left his body aching for hours, though never did he cry, always getting scolded should he so much as whimper.

The hatchling had only been there for seven days time when she finally shooed him away from her side. He had been aged day four when he learned what Sibilum meant, and day four, was when he decided to stop his pointless attempts at getting Zahira to like him.

Instead, he was now slinking through the Clan's home, watching with narrowed eyes, all the caves that sunk lower and lower into the water, a maze-like system, and he stayed at the surface. Sibilum felt famished, but, with Zahira's most recent attempts in subduing him, for whatever reason he could not understand, he dared not eat.

Fear of tearing open a hearty meal, only to fill his jaws with writhing maggots. Sibilum had been rinsing his mouth, gargling water for hours to get rid of the vilest tasting mess in his mouth. He's broken from his thoughts, by a strange, twisting mass of wings, fluttering wildly just a few feet from the ground.

Another Coatl? Around his age no less. Curiosity got the better of him, as he crept nearer, finding that her flying was not so wild as he thought. Just, practicing. The use of the feathers from her hind legs, butterfly patterned wings had Sibilum suck in a breath, when she fell to the ground, stunned.

Whilst Zahira made him untrusting, Sibilum could not help but rush over, electric blue eyes locking with the most beautiful shade of crimson he had ever seen. Which wasn't much, reds seemed so far and in between here, but it was better than the deep Azure, spurning him from the nest every time he woke. Though he could not yet grasp the common draconic language, he did try, speaking with broken words underlined by a warped humming, strangled in his throat.

"Fell... hurt?" It was the best he could manage before she tilted her head from her crumpled body on the sands. She cooed at him then, and, it sounded soft, sweet. So unlike the broken songs he tried to convey with.

"I'm fine." She answered back then, no longer humming and clicking at him, singing to him in a language he did not fully know but understood to some degree. She rose from her broken mess, and her feathered wings smoothed down along her back.

There were not many colors over her, and a part of this felt wrong somehow, though he ignored it, in no position to judge. If anything, the flints and Obsidian made the twilight of her hide all the more interesting, better yet, the faint reds, deeply maroon, that petaled into her hide like tattoos.

"You were watching me? Strange!" Sibilum knew he should feel embarrassed for being caught, but, there was some light-hearted, half-crooked smile at her maw, and he felt at ease. She was merely teasing, playing even.

"Sibilum." A clawed front paw was used in gesturing to himself, and the other hatchling's eyes glittered with excitement, clicking and singing to him again in short, rapid bursts that made his head spin. All he could really get out of her melodies was that she was called after a Star. Stella. Another broken attempt at singing back to her and the crest of feathers around her head folded back, a strange look of hurt in her eyes.

"You cannot sing-? Why are you raised by Elder Zahira?" She knew him then. Or perhaps had seen him. Sibilum shrugged, suddenly uncomfortable. What did it matter if he could not sing? He could talk, he could communicate just fine.

"At least, I am not pale and grey." His words are sharp, just like the jagged, hissing growl that rose from behind him. Whirling around, he is met with all the wrath of the sun, all crimson and maroon crackles with shimmering iridescent. Burning eyes of fire, as great wings rose back, flared up in an angry display, the older Coatl bringing his face down to meet eye to eye with Sibilum, and never had he felt he messed up so badly under such scrutiny.

There is silence, and others of the Clan peer in, curious of who would rile up Zircon so much, let along a young Hatchling. But Zircon ignores him now, sweeping by with a strict rush, his entire body all but forcing Sibilum out of the way, stumbling into the ground, turning back just to see the Coatl of fire pick up his daughter, scruffing her by her hide and striding away.

He was alone again. The thought brought a deep, wretched feeling, tears stinging at his eyes, and it had been his fault to rub salt deeper to the wound. Sibilum would not run to Zahira however. Skydancer would not protect him, likely would serve him to Zircon on a silver platter and let Sibilum be bested his punishment without so much as batting an eye.

When he returned to the nest, Zahira muttered a prayer, just before he slept, just as she always had from day one. When Sibilum woke, all of his body was still, frozen.

All of his crying, broken notes and high pitches that grated the ears.

That was how Ghira found him, left for the high tides, partially buried in the sands.

dragon?age=0&body=174&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=14&winggene=13&wings=129&auth=0e586754a6dc876c42fac7c838df602701c2cf39&dummyext=prev.png

[img][/img] 7014321_350.png
Pinging for update!

@happyasaclam , @LamianLove
Pinging for update!

@happyasaclam , @LamianLove
Note, since I keep having to use clawed paws or front paws or back paws, how would it be if I were to refer to front paws as Sii, and back paws as Saa in the writing from here on? I read it somewhere, and I think it might work here!
Note, since I keep having to use clawed paws or front paws or back paws, how would it be if I were to refer to front paws as Sii, and back paws as Saa in the writing from here on? I read it somewhere, and I think it might work here!
1 2