Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Peaceful Waters domestic shortfic thread
[font=Fantasy] [size=4]Featuring: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=366176&did=39644578][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39644578&skin=0&apparel=28775,26138,3629,3627,3695,3688,28506,27766,14439,14433,28778,3630,14436&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] SeaBreeze and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44473187] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/444732/44473187_350.png[/img] [/url] Avanà ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SeaBreeze reclined at her soothsaying stand, today was a slow and hot day at the seaside marketplace. Brine from the crashing waves sprayed up and over the rocks, decorating her stall with salt and seaweed, though she was protected by the wooden planks as she lazily watched over the midday crowd, purchasing their foods and clothes and whatever else happened to be hawked at various other stands. She had her large wings held slightly out from her body, more to keep sweat from ruining her silks than anything, but it also helped her keep cool a bit. Maybe she should get Marble to install some sort of resting shelf for her wings while she was in her stand, or something that could keep the air cool around her, but now isn’t the time for that. She took out a scroll of paper and an ink quill, and started writing down a list of what she needed to do for later, which included asking Marble about how to keep cool. “How’s my favorite little liar doing on this fine day?” A grey and purple dragon came swaggering up to the stand with her usual troublemaking tone of voice, feathers shining brightly in the sunlight where they weren’t covered up by roguish wrappings. “Please my dear, your feathers are going to make me blind.” SeaBreeze covered her eyes with her veil. Avanà laughed her hearty laugh and came closer to the stand so that she was standing in the shade of the canopy, making her much easier to look at. “You look like you’re melting babe, standing there since the sun came up.” “Tis the life of a dutiful fortune teller, I’m fairly certain you can’t relate.” She smiled cheekily under her veil. “Ay! Call me a slacker again and it’s your head, lass!” Avanà slung an empty threat as a joke, only making her girlfriend smile wider, showing off her sharp front teeth. “So what reason does my lovely pirate have to be blocking up my stand’s queue?” “What, I can’t just stop by to say I love you?” “You’ve been standing here for quite a while, I am trying to run a business, here.” “Well, since yer bein’ so insistent, I brung over some ice for ya since you probably have a mighty need for it.” The captain slung a bag off her shoulders and onto the counter, undoing the cinch rope to reveal shaved ice, kept magically cool by a charm the shopkeeper she stole the bag from put on it. SeaBreeze’s eyes lit up with joy, but she restrained herself from enjoying the ice just yet. “And where, exactly, did you get this?” “Isn’t important, you needed it so I delivered.” Avanà said with a little bow. SeaBreeze, outwardly, may have snickered, but she really did feel touched by the gesture. It’s so very nice to be reminded that she isn’t alone anymore. Avanà, being a Skydancer herself, picked up on this easily, and took pride in this fact. “Well, I suppose having a treat wouldn’t hurt. But first, there is something I must do.” The false soothsayer walked back out of her stand, and went around its side, crashing waves and sunlight providing the perfect backdrop for Avanà to look at her, rippling silks and delicate footsteps, and fall in love all over again. SeaBreeze walked gently up to the plague pirate, and softly, affectionately, rubbed her snout up against hers. Avanà was too struck by love to return the display of love, but SeaBreeze sensed that she, too, was completely lovestruck. “I’ll see you right after I close up shop for today, alright? The little island surrounded by rocks sound okay for our date tonight?” “Y-yeah, uh, sure. Sounds good.” Avanà had to focus all of her mental efforts into not choking on her words. Deities, she was lucky to have a gal like this.
Featuring:
dragon?did=39644578&skin=0&apparel=28775,26138,3629,3627,3695,3688,28506,27766,14439,14433,28778,3630,14436&xt=dressing.png SeaBreeze and

44473187_350.png
Avanà

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SeaBreeze reclined at her soothsaying stand, today was a slow and hot day at the seaside marketplace. Brine from the crashing waves sprayed up and over the rocks, decorating her stall with salt and seaweed, though she was protected by the wooden planks as she lazily watched over the midday crowd, purchasing their foods and clothes and whatever else happened to be hawked at various other stands. She had her large wings held slightly out from her body, more to keep sweat from ruining her silks than anything, but it also helped her keep cool a bit. Maybe she should get Marble to install some sort of resting shelf for her wings while she was in her stand, or something that could keep the air cool around her, but now isn’t the time for that. She took out a scroll of paper and an ink quill, and started writing down a list of what she needed to do for later, which included asking Marble about how to keep cool.

“How’s my favorite little liar doing on this fine day?” A grey and purple dragon came swaggering up to the stand with her usual troublemaking tone of voice, feathers shining brightly in the sunlight where they weren’t covered up by roguish wrappings.

“Please my dear, your feathers are going to make me blind.” SeaBreeze covered her eyes with her veil.

Avanà laughed her hearty laugh and came closer to the stand so that she was standing in the shade of the canopy, making her much easier to look at. “You look like you’re melting babe, standing there since the sun came up.”

“Tis the life of a dutiful fortune teller, I’m fairly certain you can’t relate.” She smiled cheekily under her veil.

“Ay! Call me a slacker again and it’s your head, lass!” Avanà slung an empty threat as a joke, only making her girlfriend smile wider, showing off her sharp front teeth.

“So what reason does my lovely pirate have to be blocking up my stand’s queue?”

“What, I can’t just stop by to say I love you?”

“You’ve been standing here for quite a while, I am trying to run a business, here.”

“Well, since yer bein’ so insistent, I brung over some ice for ya since you probably have a mighty need for it.” The captain slung a bag off her shoulders and onto the counter, undoing the cinch rope to reveal shaved ice, kept magically cool by a charm the shopkeeper she stole the bag from put on it. SeaBreeze’s eyes lit up with joy, but she restrained herself from enjoying the ice just yet.

“And where, exactly, did you get this?”

“Isn’t important, you needed it so I delivered.” Avanà said with a little bow. SeaBreeze, outwardly, may have snickered, but she really did feel touched by the gesture. It’s so very nice to be reminded that she isn’t alone anymore. Avanà, being a Skydancer herself, picked up on this easily, and took pride in this fact.

“Well, I suppose having a treat wouldn’t hurt. But first, there is something I must do.” The false soothsayer walked back out of her stand, and went around its side, crashing waves and sunlight providing the perfect backdrop for Avanà to look at her, rippling silks and delicate footsteps, and fall in love all over again. SeaBreeze walked gently up to the plague pirate, and softly, affectionately, rubbed her snout up against hers. Avanà was too struck by love to return the display of love, but SeaBreeze sensed that she, too, was completely lovestruck. “I’ll see you right after I close up shop for today, alright? The little island surrounded by rocks sound okay for our date tonight?”

“Y-yeah, uh, sure. Sounds good.” Avanà had to focus all of her mental efforts into not choking on her words. Deities, she was lucky to have a gal like this.
gtyhuj_100x100.png Autmn_forest_2_3.jpg t-e-e-th-j-a-r.gif
Like this story? Comment that you liked it! It'll encourage me to post more! And don't forget to check out my lore shop!
Like this story? Comment that you liked it! It'll encourage me to post more! And don't forget to check out my lore shop!
gtyhuj_100x100.png Autmn_forest_2_3.jpg t-e-e-th-j-a-r.gif