Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 62 63
@Fuurin

Sorry! Looks like I missed answering one of your questions.

The nuzlocke is set in Earth territory. It's been implied a few times, and mentioned directly... just once, I think. uvu
@Fuurin

Sorry! Looks like I missed answering one of your questions.

The nuzlocke is set in Earth territory. It's been implied a few times, and mentioned directly... just once, I think. uvu
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial could i be on the pinglist?
@Kaial could i be on the pinglist?
opzM5wG.gifHW4lpxl.pngegg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gif0wMky.gif2Pe6z.gif
@Kyaritty

Of course! c:
@Kyaritty

Of course! c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial Hello, could I be on the ping list? Currently trying to catch up, just a few more pages to go :D
@Kaial Hello, could I be on the ping list? Currently trying to catch up, just a few more pages to go :D
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Kaial

Also, could you put me on the pinglist over here too? I already read the entries on tumblr, but I know not all of your updates make it to tumblr (like the scroll thing), so would you mind? :D
@Kaial

Also, could you put me on the pinglist over here too? I already read the entries on tumblr, but I know not all of your updates make it to tumblr (like the scroll thing), so would you mind? :D
V2JLSpi.png0uebEKY.pngimage.pngimage.pngBsom7I2.pngjnEhDH9.pngX7H4JZX.pngnF1ESUZ.pngBadnwzE.png aa
Luteia // 21+ // fae|faer or he|him

Ping me to get my attention!

Nature // Shadow // FR Time
aa qA4DWTW.png
Continuing On

Edan couldn’t recall the last time he’d been so late getting home.

Ila and Saerun had both stayed up, waiting for him. Both he and Solveig endured a brief scolding from the nocturne for making her worry so much, but he was let off much easier than the pearlcatcher.

He’d fallen asleep to the sound of her chastising her sibling late into the night.

The following morning was as calm as could be hoped. The whole clan had gathered for breakfast, which was a shared effort between Ila, Rorin, and Espen.

There was quiet chatter about everyone’s respective work the day previous, mostly mundane things that really didn’t need to be said. There was an obvious tension that Edan picked up on - it wasn’t hard to figure out that his clanmates were urging him to share his and Solveig’s own story.

A lot of it wasn’t really his to say - and like hell was he going to explain their long trip. But there were certainly some things he should establish.

“It turns out we have a neighbor,” the mirror stated simply, pausing to drink from his cup. “I met her yesterday, I‘d been mistaking her for a hydra all this time. Big imperial. She’s friendly, nothing to worry about.”

“Her name is Prazien. She’s been helping me gather building materials,” Solveig added hesitantly, picking at their food. “You’ll all be meeting her soon… I hope.”

“So is she like,” Espen began, gesturing vaguely. “Your girlfriend or something?”

“Yep,” Solveig replied flatly, still pushing their food around on their plate.

Edan heard Ila drop a dish behind him.

“…So! Anyway!” Hazel interrupted, waving her hands like she was trying to banish the resulting awkward silence. “I went to the crossroads thing yesterday!”

“…Alone?” Edan asked, frowning.

“Well, no… I took Clara with me. I was trying to teach her to fly… but she won’t even stand up yet… ”

“A baby tundra isn’t going to help if someone attacks you,” Edan replied gruffly.

“You’re right, you’re right,” Hazel shut her eyes and waved dismissively. “Anyway, there was a new message on the postboard! A merchant is coming by next Full Moons! Can we go? I really want to go!”

“Huh. Zuehal?” Edan inquired, rubbing his chin as he thought.

“Uh. Well, it was signed with a Z,” Hazel replied. “So probably? Do you know him?”

Edan nodded, then stood up and began to rummage through his storage chests.
“Yep. He’s stopped by there a few times before. Seems to be an honest businessman,” he replied. “I have… some gold saved somewhere. But he barters as well. If any of you have picked up things you wouldn’t mind trading, we can probably make use of them.”

“So we can go?” Hazel stood up, her hands braced on the table. “I have a ton of stuff! Do you think he’ll take the sculptures I’ve made?”

“Uh… maybe,” Edan shrugged. “The less… abstract ones.”
He paused, taking out a set of bracelets and looking them over. He frowned and quickly put them back. “No… not these.”

Hazel began gathering what she considered to be valuables into her satchels, and gradually, the rest of the nocturne group went to look through their own things. Ila and Solveig didn’t join in: they had instead stepped outside, likely to go over the day prior.

Rorin gave Edan a curious look.
“You’re more excited for this than I expected,” he said, cocking his head to the side. “What will he have that’s so… good?”

“Well, kid,” Edan began, finally finding his stash of coins and stowing them in his satchels. “There’s a lot of things we can’t get out here, and Zuehal goes all over the world. We’ll be able to get vitamins, soap, grains, and a bunch of other stuff that we couldn’t stock up on otherwise.”

“Hm. Will he have wine?” Saerun asked, resting her chin in her hand. “Could really go for some, recently.”

“He… might,” Edan replied, frowning. “Do you have something to trade for it, though? Booze is a little more frivolous than I’d want to pay for right now.”

“What’s wine?” Ciron asked.

“A drink you don’t need to concern yourself with,” Saerun replied with a chuckle. She turned back to Edan and shrugged. “I don’t know if I have anything worthwhile. I wish I could just go and check things out.”

“…Maybe… I could pick up something to help with that,” Edan replied, counting his money carefully. “He’ll have scrolls, I bet. Could change you and Ciron if I have enough…”

“Oh, Edan,” Saerun shook her head. “I already thought about that, trust me. If we changed our breed, I’d still be a blue dragon missing an arm and Ciron would still have… fire… coming out of his eyes, It wouldn’t help. But… thank you. Very thoughtful. And expensive.”

“Gods damn it,” Edan huffed and rubbed his forehead. “Well, maybe I can grab you that wine after all.”

“We can just… change our breed?” Hazel asked, her mouth agape. “Just like that?”

“It’s a slower process than you’re imagining,” Edan replied, shaking his head. “But yeah, you can.”

“Can I be one of her?” Hazel asked, pointing at Saerun. “The hands and the… lie detector antennae? I want those.”

“That would actually… be perfect,” Edan raised a brow. “On a few conditions, though. If I get you that expensive scroll, you’ll be in charge of Veldr. Keeping him in line and all that, so we can get him out of my cellar and actually contributing.”

“Yeah, alright!” Hazel nodded, then paused to consider his offer. “Or… I’ll do my best, at least. I’ll try.”

“Guess I can’t ask more than that.”

“Alright!” Hazel clapped her hands together. “I’ll try to get more stuff together to help pay, too! How long do we have?”

“Full Moons are in… two days, I think,” Edan replied. “So finish things up by tomorrow evening, we’ll leave at dawn the next day.”
He glanced around the room, then headed toward the door.
“And everyone else should figure out if they need anything before then, see what we can work out.”

He was met with a series of enthusiastic ‘yes’es, and left the other mirror and quartet of nocturnes to plan as he went to check on Ila and Solveig.

@Drachenschwinge
Hello there! Thanks so much for reading! I'll be very happy to add you! c:

@Luteia
Ah yes, I usually post nuzlocke-related questions/check-ins here only! I'll add you too!

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty

Looks like it's almost time for a Lunar Interlude!

(Or at least a shopping spree)
Continuing On

Edan couldn’t recall the last time he’d been so late getting home.

Ila and Saerun had both stayed up, waiting for him. Both he and Solveig endured a brief scolding from the nocturne for making her worry so much, but he was let off much easier than the pearlcatcher.

He’d fallen asleep to the sound of her chastising her sibling late into the night.

The following morning was as calm as could be hoped. The whole clan had gathered for breakfast, which was a shared effort between Ila, Rorin, and Espen.

There was quiet chatter about everyone’s respective work the day previous, mostly mundane things that really didn’t need to be said. There was an obvious tension that Edan picked up on - it wasn’t hard to figure out that his clanmates were urging him to share his and Solveig’s own story.

A lot of it wasn’t really his to say - and like hell was he going to explain their long trip. But there were certainly some things he should establish.

“It turns out we have a neighbor,” the mirror stated simply, pausing to drink from his cup. “I met her yesterday, I‘d been mistaking her for a hydra all this time. Big imperial. She’s friendly, nothing to worry about.”

“Her name is Prazien. She’s been helping me gather building materials,” Solveig added hesitantly, picking at their food. “You’ll all be meeting her soon… I hope.”

“So is she like,” Espen began, gesturing vaguely. “Your girlfriend or something?”

“Yep,” Solveig replied flatly, still pushing their food around on their plate.

Edan heard Ila drop a dish behind him.

“…So! Anyway!” Hazel interrupted, waving her hands like she was trying to banish the resulting awkward silence. “I went to the crossroads thing yesterday!”

“…Alone?” Edan asked, frowning.

“Well, no… I took Clara with me. I was trying to teach her to fly… but she won’t even stand up yet… ”

“A baby tundra isn’t going to help if someone attacks you,” Edan replied gruffly.

“You’re right, you’re right,” Hazel shut her eyes and waved dismissively. “Anyway, there was a new message on the postboard! A merchant is coming by next Full Moons! Can we go? I really want to go!”

“Huh. Zuehal?” Edan inquired, rubbing his chin as he thought.

“Uh. Well, it was signed with a Z,” Hazel replied. “So probably? Do you know him?”

Edan nodded, then stood up and began to rummage through his storage chests.
“Yep. He’s stopped by there a few times before. Seems to be an honest businessman,” he replied. “I have… some gold saved somewhere. But he barters as well. If any of you have picked up things you wouldn’t mind trading, we can probably make use of them.”

“So we can go?” Hazel stood up, her hands braced on the table. “I have a ton of stuff! Do you think he’ll take the sculptures I’ve made?”

“Uh… maybe,” Edan shrugged. “The less… abstract ones.”
He paused, taking out a set of bracelets and looking them over. He frowned and quickly put them back. “No… not these.”

Hazel began gathering what she considered to be valuables into her satchels, and gradually, the rest of the nocturne group went to look through their own things. Ila and Solveig didn’t join in: they had instead stepped outside, likely to go over the day prior.

Rorin gave Edan a curious look.
“You’re more excited for this than I expected,” he said, cocking his head to the side. “What will he have that’s so… good?”

“Well, kid,” Edan began, finally finding his stash of coins and stowing them in his satchels. “There’s a lot of things we can’t get out here, and Zuehal goes all over the world. We’ll be able to get vitamins, soap, grains, and a bunch of other stuff that we couldn’t stock up on otherwise.”

“Hm. Will he have wine?” Saerun asked, resting her chin in her hand. “Could really go for some, recently.”

“He… might,” Edan replied, frowning. “Do you have something to trade for it, though? Booze is a little more frivolous than I’d want to pay for right now.”

“What’s wine?” Ciron asked.

“A drink you don’t need to concern yourself with,” Saerun replied with a chuckle. She turned back to Edan and shrugged. “I don’t know if I have anything worthwhile. I wish I could just go and check things out.”

“…Maybe… I could pick up something to help with that,” Edan replied, counting his money carefully. “He’ll have scrolls, I bet. Could change you and Ciron if I have enough…”

“Oh, Edan,” Saerun shook her head. “I already thought about that, trust me. If we changed our breed, I’d still be a blue dragon missing an arm and Ciron would still have… fire… coming out of his eyes, It wouldn’t help. But… thank you. Very thoughtful. And expensive.”

“Gods damn it,” Edan huffed and rubbed his forehead. “Well, maybe I can grab you that wine after all.”

“We can just… change our breed?” Hazel asked, her mouth agape. “Just like that?”

“It’s a slower process than you’re imagining,” Edan replied, shaking his head. “But yeah, you can.”

“Can I be one of her?” Hazel asked, pointing at Saerun. “The hands and the… lie detector antennae? I want those.”

“That would actually… be perfect,” Edan raised a brow. “On a few conditions, though. If I get you that expensive scroll, you’ll be in charge of Veldr. Keeping him in line and all that, so we can get him out of my cellar and actually contributing.”

“Yeah, alright!” Hazel nodded, then paused to consider his offer. “Or… I’ll do my best, at least. I’ll try.”

“Guess I can’t ask more than that.”

“Alright!” Hazel clapped her hands together. “I’ll try to get more stuff together to help pay, too! How long do we have?”

“Full Moons are in… two days, I think,” Edan replied. “So finish things up by tomorrow evening, we’ll leave at dawn the next day.”
He glanced around the room, then headed toward the door.
“And everyone else should figure out if they need anything before then, see what we can work out.”

He was met with a series of enthusiastic ‘yes’es, and left the other mirror and quartet of nocturnes to plan as he went to check on Ila and Solveig.

@Drachenschwinge
Hello there! Thanks so much for reading! I'll be very happy to add you! c:

@Luteia
Ah yes, I usually post nuzlocke-related questions/check-ins here only! I'll add you too!

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty

Looks like it's almost time for a Lunar Interlude!

(Or at least a shopping spree)
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
(Sorry for the double ping. A very... strange... error happened with my first attempt at a post. )
(Sorry for the double ping. A very... strange... error happened with my first attempt at a post. )
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
[quote]... and Ciron would still have… fire… coming out of his eyes[/quote] [quote]“Can I be one of her?” Hazel asked, pointing at Saerun. “The hands and the… lie detector antennae?"[/quote] I laughed so hard I cried. I forgot Ciron had flaming eyeballs and just imagined him using his optical blaze to help Ila light an oven in the background as Saerun is talking. Yes, that's exactly what you need, Edan. Children who can detect your lies.
Quote:
... and Ciron would still have… fire… coming out of his eyes
Quote:
“Can I be one of her?” Hazel asked, pointing at Saerun. “The hands and the… lie detector antennae?"

I laughed so hard I cried.

I forgot Ciron had flaming eyeballs and just imagined him using his optical blaze to help Ila light an oven in the background as Saerun is talking.

Yes, that's exactly what you need, Edan. Children who can detect your lies.
15gb95M.giftJC1guv.pngw0IsqjS.gif
@Acuarela

Edan tries to be honest tbh! For the mostpart.
And Saerun for obvious reasons doesn't want to be the one always checking Veldr for honesty so, handy dandy second skydancer. They are also my favourite breed alongside WCs.

Ciron's eyes are just balls of fire. This is something they must deal with constantly. Primal eyes are weiiiirdddd
@Acuarela

Edan tries to be honest tbh! For the mostpart.
And Saerun for obvious reasons doesn't want to be the one always checking Veldr for honesty so, handy dandy second skydancer. They are also my favourite breed alongside WCs.

Ciron's eyes are just balls of fire. This is something they must deal with constantly. Primal eyes are weiiiirdddd
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@kaial May I be added to the pinglist? I am loving this so far!! You are such a good writer!

I’ve wanted to do a nuzlocke of myself now, but I could never figure out or understand how they work. Is it okay if you explain to me what to do? I love writing lore and I have aoooo many eggs from NoTN!
@kaial May I be added to the pinglist? I am loving this so far!! You are such a good writer!

I’ve wanted to do a nuzlocke of myself now, but I could never figure out or understand how they work. Is it okay if you explain to me what to do? I love writing lore and I have aoooo many eggs from NoTN!
wB6a41TxH_8Vzrqk8bWYsyEimHORcK7Z0Z3gbImaxzXXimBTPCns1lb0EC9jLhscb-JO8YUDOeWuNiDlHPEyObzf8B1jZ3R_i9XKOQnREnWbAuwNVgRC9fveZKpa30_oOKRpSLOd5D7cJ5Or7nXBOlYzU3ZZPHqUzNkj_UFjCiHfeeQ_HOX7Fkc6EFhBZGN5XjUsudKlaThKxwJuvNHqtDnvZc9udJygA3xxXFrnUD8iYe_nxDlGLWU78G6_ryRHdOw3hpxvv_Ffda0FrVDtjB9iUykZBW5iZeE_Zi22AXsewVsWMRpx_YUe3FJr-MW1P--aWU72-fG8DlD9tKoy7fs-JhogtmQ93U8mCu7BRLQ50690DufZHCZaeJjwHwbzvWNmsWe56jSmHPr1UO02ZOYDOG1RMRVqh-U1J9vLeQyx6GnKCD0D09Nctqm8XWOT5fk1lc60VV7XfOObl4Ro5c4YVDltP_ooIFLe-I_y3urD1REQdCNsoUNAuxoRQB9u_mlzhM5FcoRxUeNhVWSTNgsiFRiC8_T2S8hyHSapEoRpiyBwkIKLXyGdW74M2ALOmWZaZYR86Ktuy1rAhSKr_shwMfGgKbtCjmUDRJ2K6cF8ZU_QTGkDfvo1NdI0cIjxFD64QYxLxTQSZi5EwMqYuAO_9b1cnpM8cj9CVWjAZstG1KfOMT7ISo8oA5Q9mtjhN6JssXl2Hg7Di3hhJzAljYoCTbIzn_4vgMNEH_gwH3UrIr9zMEBpB2A=w100-h100-no?.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 62 63