Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nvm
I've designed a dragon-esque species I think would make a fun adoptable, but I need to see if there'd be any interest, and what price they should be. They'll be customizable, with primary-quaternary colors, and patterns(coming soon!), a couple special individuals and will have lore. The patternless female base is done and ready, though the male is still under construction. [img]https://i.imgur.com/488tVOL.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/obe6R7D.png[/img] (Female examples: blue/lavender custom, Koi special) [img]https://i.imgur.com/dEZCM0r.png[/img] (Male WIP) If needed, they'll probably be resized(350×350), though I've yet to find a free program that retains quality.
I've designed a dragon-esque species I think would make a fun adoptable, but I need to see if there'd be any interest, and what price they should be.

They'll be customizable, with primary-quaternary colors, and patterns(coming soon!), a couple special individuals and will have lore.

The patternless female base is done and ready, though the male is still under construction.

488tVOL.png
obe6R7D.png
(Female examples: blue/lavender custom, Koi special)

dEZCM0r.png
(Male WIP)

If needed, they'll probably be resized(350×350), though I've yet to find a free program that retains quality.
I'm what the kids call

tired
@Coiote
Personally, the general design/structure of the adopt seems quite unique, but I would encourage you to fix the lines to be somewhat smoother, using either a stabilizer or a path tool. What also helps to make lines seem better is making them thicker. The thinner the lines, the harder they are to work with.

Custom patterns are always a problem. I would suggest you would start out by making them from dragons. People like what is familiar, and are rarely convinced to try something new and complicated. FR already provides a lot of colors, genes and designs, and this is the perfect site to use them on, too!

Id also add a small form of shading. Perhaps cell shading would work more for your style, I for example use soft shading (airbrush).

Other than that, if you keep improving, and have the patience to bump your post once every single day, then Im sure these could make great adopts in the future!

Good luck!
@Coiote
Personally, the general design/structure of the adopt seems quite unique, but I would encourage you to fix the lines to be somewhat smoother, using either a stabilizer or a path tool. What also helps to make lines seem better is making them thicker. The thinner the lines, the harder they are to work with.

Custom patterns are always a problem. I would suggest you would start out by making them from dragons. People like what is familiar, and are rarely convinced to try something new and complicated. FR already provides a lot of colors, genes and designs, and this is the perfect site to use them on, too!

Id also add a small form of shading. Perhaps cell shading would work more for your style, I for example use soft shading (airbrush).

Other than that, if you keep improving, and have the patience to bump your post once every single day, then Im sure these could make great adopts in the future!

Good luck!
712gHDM.png ETHSkj1.png My Commissions & Full Art Thread here!
Thank you for your advice @ComplainingCat. Do you mean shading in addition to what it already has? Maybe they're too dark to see it properly.

I'm a little hesitant to use people's dragons, but I'll practice it.
Thank you for your advice @ComplainingCat. Do you mean shading in addition to what it already has? Maybe they're too dark to see it properly.

I'm a little hesitant to use people's dragons, but I'll practice it.
I'm what the kids call

tired