Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Cloudy Coast [Lorebook]
1 2
[center][size=2][color=gray][i]Feel free to comment on this thread if you're at all interested in my lore, headcanons or characters! I welcome questions (even directly asked to dragons) but would prefer not to receive constructive criticism no matter how well-meaning as this is a personal project that I work on for me and me only. Please be aware that many things in this thread are still a huge work-in-progress and may not be complete or up to date. As in, I will leave coding and info messy and unorganized until I get around to tidying it up. I use this thread as a way to brainstorm as well as compile. If you'd like to keep this thread clutter-free (I appreciate it!) you can comment on my userpage or even PM me.[/i][/color][/size][/center] ----- [columns][left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29924180][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/299242/29924180p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7g81ucxbureqyrs/windvs1.png[/img] [nextcol] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/79q1jj10d4v59g7/windanim1.gif[/img] [font=georgia][size=7]CLOUDY COAST[/size][/font] [emoji=wind rune size=1] [b]Wind Clan | Nature Born[/b] [emoji=nature rune size=1] Cloudy Coast is a Wind city situated along the northwest coast of the Windswept Plateau, along the Reedcleft Ascent! It is known for its lively marketplace, frequent festivals and hearty food, and the daredevilish and exciting cliffside races. It has certainly cemented its status as a must-see destination for travelers, tourists and traders alike. [emoji=firework size=1][emoji=bell size=1][emoji=phoenix feather size=1][emoji=gust size=1][emoji=harp size=1][emoji=wind balloon size=1][emoji=bamboo chute size=1][/center] [nextcol][right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29924181][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/299242/29924181p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7g81ucxbureqyrs/windvs1.png[/img][/columns] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qtr1y2ltr5ursc7/windh3.png[/img][/center] [columns][color=transparent]______[/color] [nextcol] [item=Miniature Sornieth Globe] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487/1#post_31494757]World[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=Skypost Winghelm] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487/1#post_31494761]Inhabitants[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=Messengers Scroll] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487/1#post_31494795]Map[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=Gustborne Balloon] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487/1#post_31494812]Cloudy Coast[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487/1#post_31494822]Northwind[/url][/font][/size][/center] [/columns] [columns][color=transparent]______[/color] [nextcol] [item=Cerith Shell] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487/1#post_36421952]Ancient Isle[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=Standard of the Windsinger] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487#post_37663768]Gaerdians[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=aerborne gustgather] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487#post_43591827]Relations[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=Fennec Mask] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487#post_45822539]Art[/url][/font][/size][/center] [nextcol] [item=Airborne Parchment] [center][size=4][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2350487/2#post_45822570]Writing[/url][/font][/size][/center] [/columns]
Feel free to comment on this thread if you're at all interested in my lore, headcanons or characters!
I welcome questions (even directly asked to dragons) but would prefer not to receive constructive criticism no matter how well-meaning as this is a personal project that I work on for me and me only. Please be aware that many things in this thread are still a huge work-in-progress and may not be complete or up to date. As in, I will leave coding and info messy and unorganized until I get around to tidying it up. I use this thread as a way to brainstorm as well as compile. If you'd like to keep this thread clutter-free (I appreciate it!) you can comment on my userpage or even PM me.

29924180p.png

windvs1.png
windanim1.gif
CLOUDY COAST
Wind Clan | Nature Born

Cloudy Coast is a Wind city situated along the northwest coast of the Windswept Plateau, along the Reedcleft Ascent! It is known for its lively marketplace, frequent festivals and hearty food, and the daredevilish and exciting cliffside races. It has certainly cemented its status as a must-see destination for travelers, tourists and traders alike.

29924181p.png

windvs1.png
windh3.png
______ Miniature Sornieth Globe Skypost Winghelm
Map
Gustborne Balloon Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle
______ Cerith Shell Standard of the Windsinger Aerborne Gustgather Fennec Mask
Art
Airborne Parchment
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Miniature Sornieth Globe] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]THE WORLD[/size][/font] A quick rundown of my interpretation of Flight Rising's lore! For the most part, I consider FR's canon to be the setting for my stories, but take some creative liberties as well as add to it with my own worldbuilding. ----- [/columns] [center][emoji=left wing size=1] [font=georgia][size=5]DRAGON PHYSIOLOGY[/size][/font] [emoji=right wing size=1][/center] [size=4][font=georgia][b]Dragons with humanoid forms[/b][/font][/size] Dragons are divided into two convergent geneologies: those that have humanoid forms (dracon), and those that don't (draci). Draci are much less common, as they have a specific gene passed down through ancient species - all of which are draci. Overall, the difference is negligible in dragon society, as most ancient dragons avoid modern dragon clans and keep to their smaller, isolated groups. Features of a dragon's humanoid form depend on their species and genes, and there is a large variety of traits and how these manifest. Some dragons have colorful skin tones and large horns and wings, others have only a few markings and dragon-ish ears or a tail. Some have claws and scales and fur, and others have fingernails and facial hair. [i]Accents or skins are interpreted into designs as either natural markings, tattoos, or apparel, rather than removable accessories.[/i] It's considered normal and polite for dragons to take one's humanoid form when in especially crowded public spaces or in buildings. Flying, battling, foraging, and exploring are often easier and expected in one's dragon form. It is especially a gesture of goodwill and peacemaking for a dragon to take one's humanoid form during important meetings or gatherings - it displays a trust with political and business allies. [b]Dragon size chart![/b] - faes are smallest, veilspun are larger, coatl are smaller, size up imperials and ridgebacks, goaler are heavyyyy and are a bit smaller than guardians, mirrors are same size as nocturnes which are both a bit smaller than tundras [center][emoji=scroll size=1] [font=georgia][size=5]CITIZENSHIP, POLITICS & RELIGION[/size][/font] [emoji=scroll size=1][/center] One's birthflight does not have to equal their affiliation either in citizenship, religion, or politics. Any clan, city or otherwise body of self-governing dragons can file with their regional flight government for official recognition as a province within the region. Dragons that are born under the citizenship of a governmentally recognized province are given a birth certificate, the most important information being genetic lineage and place of birth. IDs and passports are obtained in adolescence Ambassadors from flights and/or clans, kingdoms etc are common among allied areas, even from beastclans to forge peace and prosperity. [b]Religion[/b] There are a number of religions throughout Sornieth. It is most common for a dragon to be loyal to only one of the Eleven, whether one that represents their birthflight or not. It's also common for some dragons have multiple affiliations, appeasing to a number of the Eleven or believing in multiple deities in general. Others still may choose to affiliate with none or all. Chosen deities outside of the Eleven may include the Shade, the planet itself, the elemental forces, the stars, demigods, powerful dragons, or gods thought to be hidden, hibernating or long gone. Religious groups have been founded throughout all flights, accompanied by both widespread practices and unusual beliefs. It is common for a place of worship to be established within a clan, whether that place is a small tent or a large and glorious church. Places of worship often provide a community for all dragons regardless of birthflight, species or belief. Progenitors are widely believed in religion to be hand-created by some of the Deities' own flesh and blood, giving them a stronger connection with their birthflight and in some cases, a purpose. Since they most often appear in pairs, it is heavily believed by all dragons that progenitors are bound to each other by heart, soul, or fate. Gen ones are those whose genetic history is untraceable due to their eggs or nests being abandoned for whatever reason, and they are not considered equal to progenitors. [center][emoji=treasure size=1] [font=georgia][size=5]CURRENCY[/size][/font] [emoji=treasure size=1][/center] All common currency throughout Sornieth are carved, stamped, engraved or painted with: the insignia of Sornieth, the year of distribution, and the mint mark on the obverse and the official emblem of the minting company, the flight's rune, and the worth of the coinage on the reverse. The insignia of Sornieth and the minting company's official emblem are the large centerpieces for their respective sides. The governments for each flight are legally allowed to enact the minting of coinage. There are only a few official companies throughout Sornieth that mint currency for circulation. The largest of which are located in Earth, due to its age, and Lightning, due to its technological advancements. Materials are shipped to minting companies within each region to be stocked and minted as ordered by that flight's government. "Treasure" is most often used as the term for an accumulated worth of a clan's savings regardless of the division of each item's worth, and includes all coins and bartered valuables such as bonds and artifacts. [size=5][font=georgia][u]Knuckle[/u][/font][/size] [i]equivalent to 1 USD[/i] Knuckles are the lowest form of currency throughout Sornieth and are made from distinctive and plentiful materials depending on Flight. They are the only currency that isn't a constant material throughout Sornieth. Most Knuckles average about an inch in diameter. [emoji=arcane rune size=1] [b]Arcane:[/b] Rough quartz, typically rose quartz chipped from the ever-growing Crystalspine Reaches. These Knuckles are mostly opaque and hued pink, with the rare white. Marks are painted in silver, and small sparkles can be seen in the crystal under the starlight. [emoji=earth rune size=1] [b]Earth:[/b] Smooth stone dug from quarries and cracked to form very rough coins. Ever plentiful in all hues of greys and browns. Relief marks are engraved using chiseling techniques, and these coins are usually not painted. They make for great worry stones! [emoji=fire rune size=1] [b]Fire:[/b] Basalt harvested from the cooled igneous rock surrounding the volcanoes in the region. These coins are often porous, lightweight, and dark black or brown. Marks are carved into their surfaces using chisels. One of the few regional Knuckles that are not perfectly coin-shaped, but rather lumpier. They sometimes smell of smoke. [emoji=ice rune size=1] [b]Ice:[/b] Crystallized selenite is easily carved into coin shapes as well as marked due to its chalk-like texture. Marks are painted in dark colors to be easily seen especially in the harsh blizzards of the Southern Icefield. The coins are then lathered in a protective shiny lacquer that hardens like a clear shell to prevent the soft material from breaking. These coins are cool to the touch. [emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Light:[/b] Marble coins carved with reliefs. Gold paint is used to fill the engraved marks. These Knuckles enter circulation in lower numbers compared to the rest due to the lengthy process of carving the very hard marble into near-perfect circles, as well as producing the glittery gold paint used on them. The hardest of all regional Knuckles, these rarely obtain scratches or wear. [emoji=lightning rune size=1] [b]Lightning:[/b] Glass coins formed by superheating circular molds of sand with bolts of electricity. Relief marks are pressed in with metal stamps while the glass is still warm enough to be malleable, and then the coins are left to cool before entering circulation. No paint is used and the coins are often very translucent. One of the heavier Knuckles, these also make great paperweights. [emoji=nature rune size=1] [b]Nature:[/b] Wood coins are often logged from chopping up smaller branches of trees and, if the right size, marked using firebrands to burn the wood. These Knuckles are often oak, birch, or pinewood, with the bark still bordering the edge. It is said that placing these coins near plants can help them grow faster, but this is just a folktale. [emoji=plague rune size=1] [b]Plague:[/b] Bone, often literal knuckles of animals. These coins are thoroughly cleaned and bleached before sigils are hand-carved into their surfaces. Plague's Knuckles are one of the few that often aren't flat or coin-shaped at all. These could also make good divination bones. [emoji=shadow rune size=1] [b]Shadow:[/b] Resin from the sap of mushrooms. The rare yellowy-orange amber is highly regarded due to its beautiful hue, but most Knuckles from the Shadow region are hued purple, brown, or blue. To prevent cracks in the resin from carving, marks are painted on with a bioluminescent, naturally occurring paint-like substance from other mushroom species. Shadow Knuckles are often convex rather than flat. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a bug in yours! [emoji=water rune size=1] [b]Water:[/b] Colorful sea glass either found on shores or made in water tumblers. Marks are painted on with metallic waterproof paint to preserve the glass. While most pieces are relatively flat, many are not perfectly circular but rather oval or irregular. Some dragons use these coins as jewelry instead of currency. [emoji=wind rune size=1] [b]Wind:[/b] Bamboo coins harvested from specific species of cultivated bamboo that grow solid rather than hollow. Marks are burned into the surface much like Nature's Knuckles. One of the lightest coins, these can be tossed the highest for more dramatic bets. [size=5][font=georgia][u]Ruble[/u][/font][/size] [i]equivalent to 5 USD[/i] Ruble are small copper coins about half an inch in diameter, and can be various shades of red, orange, or even green depending on the state of the copper. They are usually rather thin and can be bent somewhat easily. All ruble marks are shallow reliefs. [size=5][font=georgia][u]Obol[/u][/font][/size] [i]equivalent to 20 USD[/i] A small but thick iron coin, a bit larger than the ruble. Usually a dull or dark metallic grey, this coin has a decent heft to it and is unable to be bent due to its thickness. Often not perfectly circular, mint marks are done in a more dramatic relief style by stamping the hot metal with molds. [size=5][font=georgia][u]Drachma[/u][/font][/size] [i]equivalent to 100 USD[/i] A silver coin with a reeded edge, the largest coin of all standard Sorniethian currency. Special care goes into ensuring that drachma and dinar coins are circular and mostly uniform. Both feature shallow reliefs and fancier lettering than previous coinage. [size=5][font=georgia][u]Dinar[/u][/font][/size] [i]equivalent to 500 USD[/i] A shiny gold coin with additional decorative engravings and a lettered edge. A bit smaller than the obol and uncommonly used, this coinage is particularly sought after for its worth, rarity and metallic sheen.
Miniature Sornieth Globe THE WORLD
A quick rundown of my interpretation of Flight Rising's lore! For the most part, I consider FR's canon to be the setting for my stories, but take some creative liberties as well as add to it with my own worldbuilding.

DRAGON PHYSIOLOGY

Dragons with humanoid forms

Dragons are divided into two convergent geneologies: those that have humanoid forms (dracon), and those that don't (draci). Draci are much less common, as they have a specific gene passed down through ancient species - all of which are draci. Overall, the difference is negligible in dragon society, as most ancient dragons avoid modern dragon clans and keep to their smaller, isolated groups.

Features of a dragon's humanoid form depend on their species and genes, and there is a large variety of traits and how these manifest. Some dragons have colorful skin tones and large horns and wings, others have only a few markings and dragon-ish ears or a tail. Some have claws and scales and fur, and others have fingernails and facial hair.

Accents or skins are interpreted into designs as either natural markings, tattoos, or apparel, rather than removable accessories.

It's considered normal and polite for dragons to take one's humanoid form when in especially crowded public spaces or in buildings. Flying, battling, foraging, and exploring are often easier and expected in one's dragon form. It is especially a gesture of goodwill and peacemaking for a dragon to take one's humanoid form during important meetings or gatherings - it displays a trust with political and business allies.

Dragon size chart!
- faes are smallest, veilspun are larger, coatl are smaller, size up imperials and ridgebacks, goaler are heavyyyy and are a bit smaller than guardians, mirrors are same size as nocturnes which are both a bit smaller than tundras

CITIZENSHIP, POLITICS & RELIGION

One's birthflight does not have to equal their affiliation either in citizenship, religion, or politics.

Any clan, city or otherwise body of self-governing dragons can file with their regional flight government for official recognition as a province within the region. Dragons that are born under the citizenship of a governmentally recognized province are given a birth certificate, the most important information being genetic lineage and place of birth. IDs and passports are obtained in adolescence

Ambassadors from flights and/or clans, kingdoms etc are common among allied areas, even from beastclans to forge peace and prosperity.

Religion

There are a number of religions throughout Sornieth. It is most common for a dragon to be loyal to only one of the Eleven, whether one that represents their birthflight or not. It's also common for some dragons have multiple affiliations, appeasing to a number of the Eleven or believing in multiple deities in general. Others still may choose to affiliate with none or all. Chosen deities outside of the Eleven may include the Shade, the planet itself, the elemental forces, the stars, demigods, powerful dragons, or gods thought to be hidden, hibernating or long gone.

Religious groups have been founded throughout all flights, accompanied by both widespread practices and unusual beliefs. It is common for a place of worship to be established within a clan, whether that place is a small tent or a large and glorious church. Places of worship often provide a community for all dragons regardless of birthflight, species or belief.

Progenitors are widely believed in religion to be hand-created by some of the Deities' own flesh and blood, giving them a stronger connection with their birthflight and in some cases, a purpose. Since they most often appear in pairs, it is heavily believed by all dragons that progenitors are bound to each other by heart, soul, or fate. Gen ones are those whose genetic history is untraceable due to their eggs or nests being abandoned for whatever reason, and they are not considered equal to progenitors.

CURRENCY

All common currency throughout Sornieth are carved, stamped, engraved or painted with: the insignia of Sornieth, the year of distribution, and the mint mark on the obverse and the official emblem of the minting company, the flight's rune, and the worth of the coinage on the reverse. The insignia of Sornieth and the minting company's official emblem are the large centerpieces for their respective sides.

The governments for each flight are legally allowed to enact the minting of coinage. There are only a few official companies throughout Sornieth that mint currency for circulation. The largest of which are located in Earth, due to its age, and Lightning, due to its technological advancements. Materials are shipped to minting companies within each region to be stocked and minted as ordered by that flight's government.

"Treasure" is most often used as the term for an accumulated worth of a clan's savings regardless of the division of each item's worth, and includes all coins and bartered valuables such as bonds and artifacts.

Knuckle
equivalent to 1 USD

Knuckles are the lowest form of currency throughout Sornieth and are made from distinctive and plentiful materials depending on Flight. They are the only currency that isn't a constant material throughout Sornieth. Most Knuckles average about an inch in diameter.

Arcane: Rough quartz, typically rose quartz chipped from the ever-growing Crystalspine Reaches. These Knuckles are mostly opaque and hued pink, with the rare white. Marks are painted in silver, and small sparkles can be seen in the crystal under the starlight.

Earth: Smooth stone dug from quarries and cracked to form very rough coins. Ever plentiful in all hues of greys and browns. Relief marks are engraved using chiseling techniques, and these coins are usually not painted. They make for great worry stones!

Fire: Basalt harvested from the cooled igneous rock surrounding the volcanoes in the region. These coins are often porous, lightweight, and dark black or brown. Marks are carved into their surfaces using chisels. One of the few regional Knuckles that are not perfectly coin-shaped, but rather lumpier. They sometimes smell of smoke.

Ice: Crystallized selenite is easily carved into coin shapes as well as marked due to its chalk-like texture. Marks are painted in dark colors to be easily seen especially in the harsh blizzards of the Southern Icefield. The coins are then lathered in a protective shiny lacquer that hardens like a clear shell to prevent the soft material from breaking. These coins are cool to the touch.

Light: Marble coins carved with reliefs. Gold paint is used to fill the engraved marks. These Knuckles enter circulation in lower numbers compared to the rest due to the lengthy process of carving the very hard marble into near-perfect circles, as well as producing the glittery gold paint used on them. The hardest of all regional Knuckles, these rarely obtain scratches or wear.

Lightning: Glass coins formed by superheating circular molds of sand with bolts of electricity. Relief marks are pressed in with metal stamps while the glass is still warm enough to be malleable, and then the coins are left to cool before entering circulation. No paint is used and the coins are often very translucent. One of the heavier Knuckles, these also make great paperweights.

Nature: Wood coins are often logged from chopping up smaller branches of trees and, if the right size, marked using firebrands to burn the wood. These Knuckles are often oak, birch, or pinewood, with the bark still bordering the edge. It is said that placing these coins near plants can help them grow faster, but this is just a folktale.

Plague: Bone, often literal knuckles of animals. These coins are thoroughly cleaned and bleached before sigils are hand-carved into their surfaces. Plague's Knuckles are one of the few that often aren't flat or coin-shaped at all. These could also make good divination bones.

Shadow: Resin from the sap of mushrooms. The rare yellowy-orange amber is highly regarded due to its beautiful hue, but most Knuckles from the Shadow region are hued purple, brown, or blue. To prevent cracks in the resin from carving, marks are painted on with a bioluminescent, naturally occurring paint-like substance from other mushroom species. Shadow Knuckles are often convex rather than flat. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a bug in yours!

Water: Colorful sea glass either found on shores or made in water tumblers. Marks are painted on with metallic waterproof paint to preserve the glass. While most pieces are relatively flat, many are not perfectly circular but rather oval or irregular. Some dragons use these coins as jewelry instead of currency.

Wind: Bamboo coins harvested from specific species of cultivated bamboo that grow solid rather than hollow. Marks are burned into the surface much like Nature's Knuckles. One of the lightest coins, these can be tossed the highest for more dramatic bets.

Ruble
equivalent to 5 USD

Ruble are small copper coins about half an inch in diameter, and can be various shades of red, orange, or even green depending on the state of the copper. They are usually rather thin and can be bent somewhat easily. All ruble marks are shallow reliefs.

Obol
equivalent to 20 USD

A small but thick iron coin, a bit larger than the ruble. Usually a dull or dark metallic grey, this coin has a decent heft to it and is unable to be bent due to its thickness. Often not perfectly circular, mint marks are done in a more dramatic relief style by stamping the hot metal with molds.

Drachma
equivalent to 100 USD

A silver coin with a reeded edge, the largest coin of all standard Sorniethian currency. Special care goes into ensuring that drachma and dinar coins are circular and mostly uniform. Both feature shallow reliefs and fancier lettering than previous coinage.

Dinar
equivalent to 500 USD

A shiny gold coin with additional decorative engravings and a lettered edge. A bit smaller than the obol and uncommonly used, this coinage is particularly sought after for its worth, rarity and metallic sheen.
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Skypost Winghelm] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]INHABITANTS[/size][/font] A collection of important dragons living in and around Cloudy Coast! ----- [/columns] [columns][center][emoji=nature rune size=1] [size=4][b]Tohv[/b] - [i]He/Him[/i][/size] [emoji=wind rune size=1] Progenitor | Clan Founder | Nature Representative[/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/29924180][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/299242/29924180_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol]Cloudy Coast's founder and Nature representative is one of its progenitors, Tohv. He took up the responsibility of leading the clan when it originally formed in the Everbloom Gardens. Cloudy Coast was founded as a new beginning, and in the years since its founding, Tohv has come to prefer the peace and quiet of his small hut far from the hustle and bustle of the main city. He has always been frail and sickly and governs the city mainly through commissions and paperwork. Tohv is regarded by Cloudy Coast's citizens as a fair and honest progenitor. Though his presence is unimposing and his voice is soft, most dragons who speak with him intrinsically know to treat him with the respect he well deserves. He has nurtured growth within the clan and its alliances and has always taken the responsibility of leadership seriously, especially with the experience he's gained since his humble beginnings.[/columns] [font=georgia][size=5]COUNCIL[/size][/font] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36012649][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/360127/36012649p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Chirin[/b] He/She/They Wind Representative [emoji=wind rune size=1] [nextcol] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13909900][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/139100/13909900p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Yimo[/b] He/Him Light Ambassador [emoji=light rune size=1] [nextcol] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29924181][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/299242/29924181p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Sage[/b] She/Her Beastclan Ambassador [emoji=beastclan rune size=1] [/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33794941][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/337950/33794941p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Wyrmwood[/b] He/Him Tactician[/columns] Bartholomew - Treasurer Dustiver - Recordkeeper Thicket - Political Advisor [font=georgia][size=5]SECURITY[/size][/font] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33794941][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/337950/33794941p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Wyrmwood[/b] He/Him Head Coli Trainer [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39046174][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/390462/39046174p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Roswell[/b] They/Them Sheriff & Daywatch Guard [emoji=lightning rune size=1] [emoji=earth rune size=1] [nextcol] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31430529][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/314306/31430529p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Wolfera[/b] She/Her Nightwatch Guard [emoji=nature rune size=1] [emoji=beastclan rune size=1][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33783540][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/337836/33783540p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Blaire[/b] She/Her Coli Trainer [emoji=beastclan rune size=1] [nextcol] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33299246][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/332993/33299246p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Sahvahla[/b] He/Him Royal Guard & Knight [emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=nature rune size=1][/columns] Athens - City Guard [i]*available roles: more city guards?[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]NAVIGATION & SURVEILLANCE[/size][/font] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38333304][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/383334/38333304p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Cloud[/b] He/Him Air Balloon Pilot [emoji=wind rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=81303606][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/813037/81303606p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Lockehart[/b] She/He Cartographer [emoji=earth rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23678874][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/236789/23678874p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Spyro[/b] He/Him General Scout[/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38624771][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/386248/38624771p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Scolipede[/b] He/Him Coastal Scout [emoji=lightning rune size=1] [emoji=water rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34886874][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/348869/34886874p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Falkreath[/b] She/Her Navigator & Explorer [emoji=ice rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=77718801][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/777189/77718801p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Gale[/b] He/Him Explorer [emoji=earth rune size=1] [emoji=ice rune size=1][/columns] Drizzle: sailor [font=georgia][size=5]CORRESPONDENCE & DELIVERY[/size][/font] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29920861][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/299209/29920861p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Gildenfleck[/b] He/Him Clan Messenger [emoji=nature rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37513536][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/375136/37513536p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Turtwig[/b] He/Him Mailman [emoji=earth rune size=1] [emoji=wind rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=78008220][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/780083/78008220p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]MelonJuice[/b] He/Him Courier [emoji=wind rune size=1][/columns] [i]*available roles: newspaper deliverer[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]PUBLIC SERVICES & MAINTENANCE[/size][/font] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47061363][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/470614/47061363p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Yuletide[/b] She/Her Festival & Event Coordinator [emoji=wind rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38293074][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/382931/38293074p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Nathaniel[/b] He/Him Feast Coordinator [emoji=ice rune size=1][/columns] Moss - Groundskeeper Ginkgo - court judge [i]*available roles: postal worker, janitor[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]FOOD[/size][/font] Cider - Pantry Manager & Cook Poptart - Baker Barnaby - Tavernkeeper & Brewer Hickory - Farmer & Fletcher Trico - Hunter Gatherer Briarheart - Hunter Magnolia - Arborist & Greenhouse Tender Drizzle - fisher [font=georgia][size=5]CONSTRUCTION & TECHNOLOGY[/size][/font] Jacob - Carpenter and Sculptor Watts - Electrician Abjorn - Metalsmith Maximus - Engineer & Inventor Sour - Lanternlighter [i]*available roles: construction, welder, lighthouse keeper[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]MEDICINE[/size][/font] FheyRin - Sawbones Pi - Pharmacist & Medical Assistant Medeni - Physical Therapist & Physician [i]*available roles: masseuse, EMT, psychiatrist[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]SCIENCE & ACADEMICS[/size][/font] Hearthbrew - Chemist Hemlock - Herbalist & Toxicologist Oscar - Zoologist Galactic - Geologist Meteor - Meteorologist Gratitude - Historian & Librarian Dawn - Preschool Teacher Saadi - Museum Curator Ayumu - Astronomer & Professor Opal - Excavator & Gemologist [i]*available roles: archaeologist (fossil dragon?), more professors[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]ARTISTS & SHOPKEEPERS[/size][/font] Coffee - Artist Strawberry - Tailor Scraps - Seamster Gargoyle - Jeweler Jam - Perfumer Minoo - Pawn Shop Muu - Traveling Merchant Von - Bookbinder Crow - Tarot Reader OreoMcFlurry - Candlemaker Windle - Clockwinder [i]*available roles: soapmaker?[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]PERFORMANCE & SPORT[/size][/font] Marcus - Illusionist Aurelius - Bard Scraps - Puppeteer & Theater Actor OreoMcFlurry - Pianist Church - Musician Dawn - Singer Chirin - Storyteller & Racer Scolipede - Racer MelonJuice - Racer Spyro - Racer Gale - Racer [i]*available roles: actors, dancer? strength athletes[/i] [font=georgia][size=5]RELIGION[/size][/font] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39242110][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/392422/39242110p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Macchiato[/b] She/Her Priestess & Chorister [emoji=light rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38563663][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/385637/38563663p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Partridge[/b] She/Her Mortician & Cryptkeeper [emoji=plague rune size=1][emoji=light rune size=1] [nextcol][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61893783][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/618938/61893783p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Arthfael[/b] She/Her Diener & Ritualist [emoji=earth rune size=1][emoji=arcane rune size=1][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=65854438][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/658545/65854438p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Cistern[/b] She/Her Runereader [emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=earth rune size=1][/columns] Church - devout & musician Rourke - chorister
Skypost Winghelm INHABITANTS
A collection of important dragons living in and around Cloudy Coast!

Tohv - He/Him
Progenitor | Clan Founder | Nature Representative
29924180_350.png
Cloudy Coast's founder and Nature representative is one of its progenitors, Tohv. He took up the responsibility of leading the clan when it originally formed in the Everbloom Gardens. Cloudy Coast was founded as a new beginning, and in the years since its founding, Tohv has come to prefer the peace and quiet of his small hut far from the hustle and bustle of the main city. He has always been frail and sickly and governs the city mainly through commissions and paperwork.

Tohv is regarded by Cloudy Coast's citizens as a fair and honest progenitor. Though his presence is unimposing and his voice is soft, most dragons who speak with him intrinsically know to treat him with the respect he well deserves. He has nurtured growth within the clan and its alliances and has always taken the responsibility of leadership seriously, especially with the experience he's gained since his humble beginnings.

COUNCIL
36012649p.png Chirin
He/She/They

Wind Representative
13909900p.png Yimo
He/Him

Light Ambassador
29924181p.png Sage
She/Her

Beastclan
Ambassador
33794941p.png Wyrmwood
He/Him

Tactician

Bartholomew - Treasurer
Dustiver - Recordkeeper
Thicket - Political Advisor

SECURITY
33794941p.png Wyrmwood
He/Him

Head Coli Trainer
39046174p.png Roswell
They/Them

Sheriff &
Daywatch Guard
31430529p.png Wolfera
She/Her

Nightwatch Guard
33783540p.png Blaire
She/Her

Coli Trainer
33299246p.png Sahvahla
He/Him

Royal Guard
& Knight

Athens - City Guard
*available roles: more city guards?

NAVIGATION & SURVEILLANCE
38333304p.png Cloud
He/Him

Air Balloon
Pilot

81303606p.png Lockehart
She/He

Cartographer
23678874p.png Spyro
He/Him

General Scout
38624771p.png Scolipede
He/Him

Coastal Scout

34886874p.png Falkreath
She/Her

Navigator
& Explorer

77718801p.png Gale
He/Him

Explorer

Drizzle: sailor

CORRESPONDENCE & DELIVERY
29920861p.png Gildenfleck
He/Him

Clan Messenger

37513536p.png Turtwig
He/Him

Mailman

78008220p.png MelonJuice
He/Him

Courier

*available roles: newspaper deliverer

PUBLIC SERVICES & MAINTENANCE
47061363p.png Yuletide
She/Her

Festival & Event
Coordinator

38293074p.png Nathaniel
He/Him

Feast
Coordinator

Moss - Groundskeeper
Ginkgo - court judge

*available roles: postal worker, janitor

FOOD
Cider - Pantry Manager & Cook
Poptart - Baker
Barnaby - Tavernkeeper & Brewer
Hickory - Farmer & Fletcher
Trico - Hunter Gatherer
Briarheart - Hunter
Magnolia - Arborist & Greenhouse Tender
Drizzle - fisher

CONSTRUCTION & TECHNOLOGY
Jacob - Carpenter and Sculptor
Watts - Electrician
Abjorn - Metalsmith
Maximus - Engineer & Inventor
Sour - Lanternlighter

*available roles: construction, welder, lighthouse keeper

MEDICINE

FheyRin - Sawbones
Pi - Pharmacist & Medical Assistant
Medeni - Physical Therapist & Physician

*available roles: masseuse, EMT, psychiatrist

SCIENCE & ACADEMICS
Hearthbrew - Chemist
Hemlock - Herbalist & Toxicologist
Oscar - Zoologist
Galactic - Geologist
Meteor - Meteorologist
Gratitude - Historian & Librarian
Dawn - Preschool Teacher
Saadi - Museum Curator
Ayumu - Astronomer & Professor
Opal - Excavator & Gemologist

*available roles: archaeologist (fossil dragon?), more professors

ARTISTS & SHOPKEEPERS
Coffee - Artist
Strawberry - Tailor
Scraps - Seamster
Gargoyle - Jeweler
Jam - Perfumer
Minoo - Pawn Shop
Muu - Traveling Merchant
Von - Bookbinder
Crow - Tarot Reader
OreoMcFlurry - Candlemaker
Windle - Clockwinder

*available roles: soapmaker?

PERFORMANCE & SPORT
Marcus - Illusionist
Aurelius - Bard
Scraps - Puppeteer & Theater Actor
OreoMcFlurry - Pianist
Church - Musician
Dawn - Singer
Chirin - Storyteller & Racer
Scolipede - Racer
MelonJuice - Racer
Spyro - Racer
Gale - Racer

*available roles: actors, dancer? strength athletes

RELIGION
39242110p.png Macchiato
She/Her

Priestess &
Chorister

38563663p.png Partridge
She/Her

Mortician &
Cryptkeeper

61893783p.png Arthfael
She/Her

Diener &
Ritualist
65854438p.png Cistern
She/Her

Runereader

Church - devout & musician
Rourke - chorister
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Messengers Scroll] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]MAP OF CLOUDY COAST[/size][/font] Descriptions of the overall layout of the clan along with some notable areas, buildings and landmarks, and details of the geography and climate! ----- [/columns] [map x=1595 y=2635 view=land width=480 height=240]Cloudy Coast[/map] Cloudy Coast is a large and bustling wind clan located on the northwestern edge of the Windswept Plateau, along the southernmost cliffs of the Reedcleft Ascent. A series of sheer spires dot the ocean waters bordering the coastline, bridges threading the residential huts and cottages settled precariously atop to the city on the mainland. Hoops, targets, and other structures are built along and around the cliffs for athletic games and races during festivals. The city is centered around the large central plaza and marketplace, sturdy dragonmade steppes terracing outward toward the plateau in a series of rural, busy architecture. Craftsman's shops, and stalls clutter the cobblestone surrounding the Merchant's Spiral, a circular tiered market held afloat by balloons and a diligent stream of gusting wind from an earthbound aergate. Lanterns, flags, and windchimes are strung up between buildings and bamboo poles. The central plaza is dedicated to serving the constant crowd of travelers, traders, merchants, and tourists that come to visit Cloudy Coast. Outside of the steppes are the inner fields, where larger public service buildings and recreational areas are settled securely on the grassy mainland. The ground is sturdy and stone paths worn into the dry grass are bordered by fences and greenery. Farmland and cultivation efforts are found in the quieter outer fields, far from the central plaza. The land is more open and begins to flow into gentle sloping hills, buildings more sparsely laid out. Bamboo encroaches from the northern Reedcleft Ascents, bordering a plentiful orchard and fields of hardy crops. The climate in Cloudy Coast is a steady mild and breezy, with most days full of blue, partly cloudy skies and warm sun. The constant streams of wind from the ocean and the Crescendo to the south bring a cool touch, with never a stale breath of air. Storms sometimes roll in from the ocean, bringing heavy rain and winds, but are usually brief squalls that pose no threat to Cloudy Coast's sturdy architecture. [img]https://i.imgur.com/vMfKUvO.png[/img] [center][i]This map is a sketchy but accurate layout of the city! I may clean it up later...[/i][/center] [b]Central plaza:[/b] Wishmaker's fountain; merchant's circle; festival stalls [b]Inner steppes (shops):[/b] General wares; craftsman shops; specialty shops; cafe and bakery; inn and tavern [b]Steppes:[/b] The town hall and council room; the court; the bank and treasury; the newspaper firm; the post office (and notice board in front of it, for public use and postings of jobs); place of worship [b]Inner fields:[/b] Mess hall and pantry; guard's quarters and jailhouse; library, school, museum; clinic and hatchery; bestiary; greenhouse and landscaping; gamefield [b]Fields:[/b] Training grounds; farms (livestock, crops, koi farm, beekeeping), brewery, and orchards; park; cemetery [b]Coastline:[/b] Balloon docks, racecourse and game tower, fishery, aviary, scout outposts [b]Residential Housing:[/b] Scattered throughout the clan! [font=georgia][size=4][b]COASTLINE[/b][/size][/font] [b]Residential housing:[/b] Huts and houses settled along the small cliff spires bordering the mainland - connected to the mainland via wooden bridges. [b]Balloon docks:[/b] Wooden docks for parking and launching air balloons, which are used to transport tourists and merchants along with their belongings, or for sightseeing and air balloon rides! [b]Racecourse:[/b] Between the residential houses and the mainland cliff are goalposts, hoops and other obstacles set up for competitors to interact with during racing events! The stands are dug out of the side of the cliff, and a gamekeeper's post occupies an outlying cliff spire. [b]Fishery:[/b] Far below all the hustle and bustle, to the south, along the baseline of the main cliff and a calmer stretch of water, a fishery is set up inside a cove. The docks are reachable by flying or through a cave system leading up through the cliff to the outskirts of the city. [b]Aviary:[/b] On the cliff to the north is a large aviary housing familiars, rescues, and messenger birds. Helpful for communicating with nearby clans. [b]Scout outpost:[/b] A high structure for scouts on the coastal rotation to rest and look out along the ocean-facing clan border. [font=georgia][size=4][b]CENTRAL PLAZA[/b][/size][/font] [b]Merchant's spiral:[/b] A large multi-tiered spiral structure of bamboo platforms held up with large balloons and wind. A place for merchants to set up shop and sell goods and services during the height of tourist season or festivals! Usually never empty as a few permanent residents also make use of this space. [b]Festival's circle:[/b] On the cobblestone plaza surrounding the spiral is a generous amount of space for grounded stalls to be set up during festivals or by merchants selling goods they'd rather not drop from
MAP OF CLOUDY COAST
Descriptions of the overall layout of the clan along with some notable areas, buildings and landmarks, and details of the geography and climate!

Cloudy Coast is a large and bustling wind clan located on the northwestern edge of the Windswept Plateau, along the southernmost cliffs of the Reedcleft Ascent. A series of sheer spires dot the ocean waters bordering the coastline, bridges threading the residential huts and cottages settled precariously atop to the city on the mainland. Hoops, targets, and other structures are built along and around the cliffs for athletic games and races during festivals.

The city is centered around the large central plaza and marketplace, sturdy dragonmade steppes terracing outward toward the plateau in a series of rural, busy architecture. Craftsman's shops, and stalls clutter the cobblestone surrounding the Merchant's Spiral, a circular tiered market held afloat by balloons and a diligent stream of gusting wind from an earthbound aergate. Lanterns, flags, and windchimes are strung up between buildings and bamboo poles. The central plaza is dedicated to serving the constant crowd of travelers, traders, merchants, and tourists that come to visit Cloudy Coast.

Outside of the steppes are the inner fields, where larger public service buildings and recreational areas are settled securely on the grassy mainland. The ground is sturdy and stone paths worn into the dry grass are bordered by fences and greenery.

Farmland and cultivation efforts are found in the quieter outer fields, far from the central plaza. The land is more open and begins to flow into gentle sloping hills, buildings more sparsely laid out. Bamboo encroaches from the northern Reedcleft Ascents, bordering a plentiful orchard and fields of hardy crops.

The climate in Cloudy Coast is a steady mild and breezy, with most days full of blue, partly cloudy skies and warm sun. The constant streams of wind from the ocean and the Crescendo to the south bring a cool touch, with never a stale breath of air. Storms sometimes roll in from the ocean, bringing heavy rain and winds, but are usually brief squalls that pose no threat to Cloudy Coast's sturdy architecture.

vMfKUvO.png
This map is a sketchy but accurate layout of the city! I may clean it up later...

Central plaza: Wishmaker's fountain; merchant's circle; festival stalls

Inner steppes (shops): General wares; craftsman shops; specialty shops; cafe and bakery; inn and tavern

Steppes: The town hall and council room; the court; the bank and treasury; the newspaper firm; the post office (and notice board in front of it, for public use and postings of jobs); place of worship

Inner fields: Mess hall and pantry; guard's quarters and jailhouse; library, school, museum; clinic and hatchery; bestiary; greenhouse and landscaping; gamefield

Fields: Training grounds; farms (livestock, crops, koi farm, beekeeping), brewery, and orchards; park; cemetery

Coastline: Balloon docks, racecourse and game tower, fishery, aviary, scout outposts

Residential Housing: Scattered throughout the clan!

COASTLINE

Residential housing: Huts and houses settled along the small cliff spires bordering the mainland - connected to the mainland via wooden bridges.

Balloon docks: Wooden docks for parking and launching air balloons, which are used to transport tourists and merchants along with their belongings, or for sightseeing and air balloon rides!

Racecourse: Between the residential houses and the mainland cliff are goalposts, hoops and other obstacles set up for competitors to interact with during racing events! The stands are dug out of the side of the cliff, and a gamekeeper's post occupies an outlying cliff spire.

Fishery: Far below all the hustle and bustle, to the south, along the baseline of the main cliff and a calmer stretch of water, a fishery is set up inside a cove. The docks are reachable by flying or through a cave system leading up through the cliff to the outskirts of the city.

Aviary: On the cliff to the north is a large aviary housing familiars, rescues, and messenger birds. Helpful for communicating with nearby clans.

Scout outpost: A high structure for scouts on the coastal rotation to rest and look out along the ocean-facing clan border.

CENTRAL PLAZA

Merchant's spiral: A large multi-tiered spiral structure of bamboo platforms held up with large balloons and wind. A place for merchants to set up shop and sell goods and services during the height of tourist season or festivals! Usually never empty as a few permanent residents also make use of this space.

Festival's circle: On the cobblestone plaza surrounding the spiral is a generous amount of space for grounded stalls to be set up during festivals or by merchants selling goods they'd rather not drop from

z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Gustborne Balloon] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]CLOUDY COAST[/size][/font] Cloudy Coast has a rich culture - well-upheld laws, festivals, a rich education, sacred religions, and a melting pot of customs. No day is stale in this busy Wind clan! ----- [/columns] [b]Culture:[/b] Festivals+Holidays, Laws+Ordinances, Philosophy, Customs+Mannerisms+Greetings, Beliefs+Rituals, Education, Daily Life Clan Culture: Festivals are the highlight of daily life! High spirits and a free attitude. Merchants from all around the Wind territory come to barter their wares in the marketplace during festivals. Signature ciders and meads are served at stalls and the inn as are many delicious foods including dumplings and noodles. Paper lanterns, bells, kites, and other trinkets decorate the town year-round. Dragons are always moving - air balloon pilots give tours, messengers and couriers fly between clans, scouts circle the borders, farmers and arborists tend to the farms (and bee farms) and orchards, smiths tend to hearths, hunters and gatherers build up the food pantry while cooks and chefs prepare meals... this clan is active and alive! ----- [center][size=6][font=georgia][b][u]ECONOMY[/u][/b][/font][/size] [size=5][font=georgia][u]EXPORTS: NATURAL RESOURCES[/u][/font][/size] [i]Raw Materials, Ores & Minerals, Flora & Fauna[/i] [item=bamboo cluster][item=salt][item=overflowing fishbasket] [b]Bamboo[/b] is more than abundant along the northern fields of the Reedcleft Ascents - while the clan uses it for construction and crafting, there's more than enough to export. They're careful not to harvest it in excess, and luckily bamboo spreads exceptionally quickly. [b]Salt[/b] and [b]fish[/b] are plentiful in the surrounding land and ocean, and the fishery along the base of the cliffs ensures an abundance of seafood for the clan. [size=5][font=georgia][u]EXPORTS: MATERIALS[/u][/font][/size] [i]Dragonmade Materials, Refined Resources, Harvests[/i] [item=beeswax][item=intact parchment][item=flax fiber][item=tiny feathers][item=heavy grainbasket] [b]Beeswax[/b] is a useful export and a side product of the clan's honey farms - it can be used for wax seals, glue, and candlewax. [b]Paper and scrolls[/b] are made from flax fiber pulp and used for important documents like chronicling and ledgers, as well as crafts such as paper lanterns, kites and cranes. Excess [b]flax fiber[/b] can be bought or traded for cheaper if one has the tools to make paper, or if it's needed for other crafts. [b]Feathers[/b] from the aviary make for good quills, stuffings, fletching materials, and accessories. [b]Grains[/b] are also produced in high quantities and extra grain not used in the brewery, farms or familiar training can aid cultivation in allied clans. [size=5][font=georgia][u]EXPORTS: CRAFTS[/u][/font][/size] [i]Food, Art, Apparel, Furnishings[/i] [item=Brilliant Length][item=windbound mask][item=windsinger painted vase][item=honeycrisp apple][item=golden sage lantern] Dragons living in or traveling through the clan are often traders and craftsmen. Plenty of fine [b]paintings, writings, and woven tapestries[/b] are created and offered in art stalls or as custom pieces for wealthier customers. [b]Effigies of the Windsinger[/b] are common in Cloudy Coast as well as the whole of the Windswept Plateau, especially as blankets, festival apparel, or decorative pottery. [b]Honey-Apple Cider[/b] is the clan's most delicious export. It's almost exclusively available during the clan's festivals and has a sweet, dry palate. [b]Paper lanterns, kites and cranes[/b] are a common craft and are useful as lighting fixtures, toys or decorations! [font=georgia][size=5][u]IMPORTS[/u][/size][/font] Cloudy Coast has a natural shortage of or higher demand for these! Imported regularly from larger or allied clans that produce needed items. [item=pine logs][item=sturdy wooden beam][item=sanded birch plank] [item=coal][item=iron ore][item=copper ore] Trees are rare in the Windswept Plateau, and what little trees grow have been purposefully planted in the city's orchards and are unavailable for [b]lumber[/b]. While Cloudy Coast can use bamboo for construction, their growth as a clan exceeds the natural resources of bamboo - so, to avoid harvesting too much, they need to also build using [b]wooden logs and planks[/b] imported from elsewhere. The ground has enough naturally occurring clays and gravels for use, but hardly any minerals or metals are naturally available. Mining efforts would be dangerous along the cliff, as land is unstable, so [b]coal, iron and copper[/b] must be imported for smelting and fuel. As a result of directing most of their funds to proper infrastructure and public services, Cloudy Coast doesn't spend treasure on rare minerals like gold or jewels. Gilded or fanciful items are rarely seen outside of apparel on wealthier travelers. [font=georgia][size=5]TOURISM, SHOPS & SERVICES[/size][/font] ...
Gustborne Balloon CLOUDY COAST
Cloudy Coast has a rich culture - well-upheld laws, festivals, a rich education, sacred religions, and a melting pot of customs. No day is stale in this busy Wind clan!

Culture: Festivals+Holidays, Laws+Ordinances, Philosophy, Customs+Mannerisms+Greetings, Beliefs+Rituals, Education, Daily Life

Clan Culture: Festivals are the highlight of daily life! High spirits and a free attitude. Merchants from all around the Wind territory come to barter their wares in the marketplace during festivals. Signature ciders and meads are served at stalls and the inn as are many delicious foods including dumplings and noodles. Paper lanterns, bells, kites, and other trinkets decorate the town year-round. Dragons are always moving - air balloon pilots give tours, messengers and couriers fly between clans, scouts circle the borders, farmers and arborists tend to the farms (and bee farms) and orchards, smiths tend to hearths, hunters and gatherers build up the food pantry while cooks and chefs prepare meals... this clan is active and alive!

ECONOMY

EXPORTS: NATURAL RESOURCES
Raw Materials, Ores & Minerals, Flora & Fauna
Bamboo Cluster Salt Overflowing Fishbasket

Bamboo is more than abundant along the northern fields of the Reedcleft Ascents - while the clan uses it for construction and crafting, there's more than enough to export. They're careful not to harvest it in excess, and luckily bamboo spreads exceptionally quickly. Salt and fish are plentiful in the surrounding land and ocean, and the fishery along the base of the cliffs ensures an abundance of seafood for the clan.

EXPORTS: MATERIALS
Dragonmade Materials, Refined Resources, Harvests
Beeswax Intact Parchment Flax Fiber Tiny Feathers Heavy Grainbasket

Beeswax is a useful export and a side product of the clan's honey farms - it can be used for wax seals, glue, and candlewax. Paper and scrolls are made from flax fiber pulp and used for important documents like chronicling and ledgers, as well as crafts such as paper lanterns, kites and cranes. Excess flax fiber can be bought or traded for cheaper if one has the tools to make paper, or if it's needed for other crafts. Feathers from the aviary make for good quills, stuffings, fletching materials, and accessories. Grains are also produced in high quantities and extra grain not used in the brewery, farms or familiar training can aid cultivation in allied clans.

EXPORTS: CRAFTS
Food, Art, Apparel, Furnishings
Brilliant Length Windbound Mask Windsinger Painted Vase Honeycrisp Apple Golden Sage Lantern

Dragons living in or traveling through the clan are often traders and craftsmen. Plenty of fine paintings, writings, and woven tapestries are created and offered in art stalls or as custom pieces for wealthier customers. Effigies of the Windsinger are common in Cloudy Coast as well as the whole of the Windswept Plateau, especially as blankets, festival apparel, or decorative pottery. Honey-Apple Cider is the clan's most delicious export. It's almost exclusively available during the clan's festivals and has a sweet, dry palate. Paper lanterns, kites and cranes are a common craft and are useful as lighting fixtures, toys or decorations!

IMPORTS
Cloudy Coast has a natural shortage of or higher demand for these!
Imported regularly from larger or allied clans that produce needed items.

Pine Logs Sturdy Wooden Beam Sanded Birch Plank
Coal Iron Ore Copper Ore

Trees are rare in the Windswept Plateau, and what little trees grow have been purposefully planted in the city's orchards and are unavailable for lumber. While Cloudy Coast can use bamboo for construction, their growth as a clan exceeds the natural resources of bamboo - so, to avoid harvesting too much, they need to also build using wooden logs and planks imported from elsewhere.

The ground has enough naturally occurring clays and gravels for use, but hardly any minerals or metals are naturally available. Mining efforts would be dangerous along the cliff, as land is unstable, so coal, iron and copper must be imported for smelting and fuel. As a result of directing most of their funds to proper infrastructure and public services, Cloudy Coast doesn't spend treasure on rare minerals like gold or jewels. Gilded or fanciful items are rarely seen outside of apparel on wealthier travelers.

TOURISM, SHOPS & SERVICES
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]THE NORTHWIND[/size][/font] This pirate ship prowls the oceans surrounding the Starfall Isles, plundering dragons and chasing leviathans, and pursuing something more than gold and treasure... ----- [/columns] available roles: - surgeon (administers first aid and basic procedures for the injuries that come with pirating)
Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle THE NORTHWIND
This pirate ship prowls the oceans surrounding the Starfall Isles, plundering dragons and chasing leviathans, and pursuing something more than gold and treasure...

available roles:
- surgeon (administers first aid and basic procedures for the injuries that come with pirating)
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Cerith Shell] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]ANCIENT ISLE[/size][/font] Home to the ancient demigods awakening from their centuries-long dormancy, this series of tropical islands is vibrant, flourishing, and overflowing with ancient powers. ----- [/columns]
Cerith Shell ANCIENT ISLE
Home to the ancient demigods awakening from their centuries-long dormancy, this series of tropical islands is vibrant, flourishing, and overflowing with ancient powers.
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Standard of the Windsinger] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]THE GAERDIANS[/size][/font] During the Changing of the Winds, a coalition of warriors was dispatched to restore the Aergate in a time of crisis. These dragons earned the title of Gaerdians, the group which now serves the far reaches of Sornieth, traveling far upon the magical winds of the Aergate to protect, fight, train, relocate and rebuild. ----- [/columns] [center][size=6][font=georgia][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3229643/1#post_3229643]- Kingdomlocke -[/url][/font][/size] Status: In-progress!
Standard of the Windsinger THE GAERDIANS
During the Changing of the Winds, a coalition of warriors was dispatched to restore the Aergate in a time of crisis. These dragons earned the title of Gaerdians, the group which now serves the far reaches of Sornieth, traveling far upon the magical winds of the Aergate to protect, fight, train, relocate and rebuild.
- Kingdomlocke -

z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Fennec Mask] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]RELATIONS[/size][/font] Allies, enemies, and otherwise affiliated clans and groups! ----- [/columns] [columns][left][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2756369/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/alPnWye.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dt47wjb88mgwvgj/naturevs1.png[/img][/left] [nextcol][color=transparent]__________[/color] [nextcol][center][font=georgia][size=7][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=319576&tab=userpage]Waxlit Labyrinth[/url][/size][/font] [emoji=nature rune size=1] [b]Nature Clan | Arcane Born[/b] [emoji=arcane rune size=1] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33104103][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/331042/33104103.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33104104][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/331042/33104104.png[/img][/url][/center] [nextcol][color=transparent]__________[/color] [nextcol][right][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2756369/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/CffXOU7.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dt47wjb88mgwvgj/naturevs1.png[/img][/right] [/columns] Originally founded in Arcane, a neighboring Flight to Wind, this clan was allied with Cloudy Coast since early on in their founding. Nightshade, the progenitor and leader of the clan, was forced to relocate to the Viridian Labyrinth after the elemental disasters wrecked their home in the Starfall Isles. Communication between the two groups was lost as they both focused on rebuilding. Once the Arcane-born dragons settled into their new home in a twisting series of candlelit underground caves, Nightshade reached out to Tohv once more to reestablish an allyship. Despite being nearly polar opposites in leadership styles - Nightshade being strong, demanding and steadfast, while Tohv takes a more amiable, modest, and behind-the-scenes approach - the two progenitors get along well. Nightshade respects Tohv as a peacekeeper and elder, while Tohv respects Nightshade as a veteran and for her strong will. ----- [columns][left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44187448][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/441875/44187448p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3l8q0nyje5ma866/lightvs1.png[/img] [nextcol][center][font=georgia][size=7][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=425472]The Ruined Kingdom[/url][/size][/font] [emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Light Clan[/b] [emoji=light rune size=1] "Welcome to the Ruined Kingdom, a lair over thirty dragons strong in the Sunbeam Ruins. The dragons here have carved out a home for themselves in the ruins, and work to better themselves through study of the blade and book alike." [nextcol][right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44630743][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/446308/44630743p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3l8q0nyje5ma866/lightvs1.png[/img][/columns] ----- [columns][left][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2756369/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/yfR9mSB.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o06ec0bbafalzo6/shadowvs1.png[/img] [nextcol][center][font=georgia][size=7][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=417344]Clan of No Faces[/url][/size][/font] [emoji=shadow rune size=1] [b]Shadow Clan[/b] [emoji=shadow rune size=1] "A highly secretive clan that lives deep within the Tangled Wood. They rarely interact with outsiders or allow them into their ranks. Their members are so highly adept at stealth that they go unnoticed even when in plain sight, hence the clan's name. They are known for being a warrior society, but they also weave complex tapestries based on their history." [nextcol][right][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2756369/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/hH20mhp.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o06ec0bbafalzo6/shadowvs1.png[/img][/columns] ----- [columns][left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=62973843][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/629739/62973843p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/f824h4prk8gghyx/arcanevs1.png[/img] [nextcol][center][font=georgia][size=7][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=587134]SunflowerKaiju's Clan[/url][/size][/font] [emoji=arcane rune size=1] [b]Arcane Clan[/b] [emoji=arcane rune size=1] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum [nextcol][right][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2756369/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/u4TTIrn.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/f824h4prk8gghyx/arcanevs1.png[/img][/columns]
Fennec Mask RELATIONS
Allies, enemies, and otherwise affiliated clans and groups!

alPnWye.png
naturevs1.png

33104103.png 33104104.png
Originally founded in Arcane, a neighboring Flight to Wind, this clan was allied with Cloudy Coast since early on in their founding. Nightshade, the progenitor and leader of the clan, was forced to relocate to the Viridian Labyrinth after the elemental disasters wrecked their home in the Starfall Isles. Communication between the two groups was lost as they both focused on rebuilding.

Once the Arcane-born dragons settled into their new home in a twisting series of candlelit underground caves, Nightshade reached out to Tohv once more to reestablish an allyship. Despite being nearly polar opposites in leadership styles - Nightshade being strong, demanding and steadfast, while Tohv takes a more amiable, modest, and behind-the-scenes approach - the two progenitors get along well. Nightshade respects Tohv as a peacekeeper and elder, while Tohv respects Nightshade as a veteran and for her strong will.

44187448p.png

lightvs1.png
The Ruined Kingdom
Light Clan

"Welcome to the Ruined Kingdom, a lair over thirty dragons strong in the Sunbeam Ruins. The dragons here have carved out a home for themselves in the ruins, and work to better themselves through study of the blade and book alike."

44630743p.png

lightvs1.png

yfR9mSB.png

shadowvs1.png
Clan of No Faces
Shadow Clan

"A highly secretive clan that lives deep within the Tangled Wood. They rarely interact with outsiders or allow them into their ranks. Their members are so highly adept at stealth that they go unnoticed even when in plain sight, hence the clan's name. They are known for being a warrior society, but they also weave complex tapestries based on their history."

hH20mhp.png

shadowvs1.png

62973843p.png

arcanevs1.png
SunflowerKaiju's Clan
Arcane Clan

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

u4TTIrn.png

arcanevs1.png
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
[columns][item=Primary Pigment Blend] [nextcol][font=georgia][size=7]ART[/size][/font] Gallery of artworks related to Cloudy Coast or any of my dragon groups! -----[/columns]
Primary Pigment Blend ART
Gallery of artworks related to Cloudy Coast or any of my dragon groups!
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
1 2