Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Rex's art stuff! (experiments!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Cvhruig
I can put you down for a ping! Hopefully I should be reopened by the end of this week, Hawk's pixel took longer than expected. Darn faes. (no shade on you Hawk, just faes.)

No, I'm not Swedish :') Actually Native American. I'm a fan of Den Svenska Björnstammen, and I'm currently learning Norwegian. (Bokmål, not Nynorsk :> ) I would like to learn Swedish as well, as I've heard that the two languages are at least a little similar! It's been my dream to visit Sweden, Norway, and Iceland. Perhaps one day I will achieve that dream!

@Faolyn
Thanks :D Would you like me to ping you when I am open? My trick for pixel art is sketching in a larger square canvas and then shrinking it down to 100x100 px. Just make sure to not make it too terribly detailed, as you can add that in last! It's better to get the forme and shape down and worry about the details later. If you shrink the picture down and it's cluttered, that means you made the original linework a bit too small or detailed ^^
@Cvhruig
I can put you down for a ping! Hopefully I should be reopened by the end of this week, Hawk's pixel took longer than expected. Darn faes. (no shade on you Hawk, just faes.)

No, I'm not Swedish :') Actually Native American. I'm a fan of Den Svenska Björnstammen, and I'm currently learning Norwegian. (Bokmål, not Nynorsk :> ) I would like to learn Swedish as well, as I've heard that the two languages are at least a little similar! It's been my dream to visit Sweden, Norway, and Iceland. Perhaps one day I will achieve that dream!

@Faolyn
Thanks :D Would you like me to ping you when I am open? My trick for pixel art is sketching in a larger square canvas and then shrinking it down to 100x100 px. Just make sure to not make it too terribly detailed, as you can add that in last! It's better to get the forme and shape down and worry about the details later. If you shrink the picture down and it's cluttered, that means you made the original linework a bit too small or detailed ^^
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
@rexasaurus I hadn't even thought of that! usually I just use the pixel tool over whatever sized canvas, but using one with limited space would certainly help get the details down alot better :0 Feel free to add me to the pinglist haha but I'm often short on money, though I like seeing the things you make as time goes along :)

the best thing I ever made in pixel art is my signature lol everything else is a garbled mess of color and dots
@rexasaurus I hadn't even thought of that! usually I just use the pixel tool over whatever sized canvas, but using one with limited space would certainly help get the details down alot better :0 Feel free to add me to the pinglist haha but I'm often short on money, though I like seeing the things you make as time goes along :)

the best thing I ever made in pixel art is my signature lol everything else is a garbled mess of color and dots
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
@Faolyn
I've tried doing pixel art without sketching it, and it doesn't turn out very nice most of the time, so I get it XD I found it's so much easier to have a guide for what you're trying to pixel so you don't get proportions and such screwed up! I actually really like that Skydancer, you conveyed the motion in his pose very well! I'll mark ya down on the list as well.
@Faolyn
I've tried doing pixel art without sketching it, and it doesn't turn out very nice most of the time, so I get it XD I found it's so much easier to have a guide for what you're trying to pixel so you don't get proportions and such screwed up! I actually really like that Skydancer, you conveyed the motion in his pose very well! I'll mark ya down on the list as well.
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
@rexasaurus thanks a lot!

Aw. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only Swede here c'x
That's cool though! I'm not much into swedish music myself but there are some real good music ^^

Så du snakker norsk? :D Tbh Swedish and Norwegian are not just a little similar, we can usually understand eachother without ever studying the other language. But then, written Norwegian is easier to understand - you can think of it as two very different dialects of the same language. I'm sure it would be interesting for you to visit both countries, and Iceland too! (And I'm sure you'll get here/there one day!) Is there any particular reason you're interested in these countries? (Vikings or something idk?)

We can actually joke about this quite a bit. What does a drunk swede sound like? Norwegian.
Even drunker? Danish (this is when it starts getting bad)
Another bottle? Finnish (by now it's really bad and no one understands a word)
Sorry not sorry, I had to. Scandinavians in a nutshell. I should get to bed.

And I'm sorry for cluttering up your thread xD
@rexasaurus thanks a lot!

Aw. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only Swede here c'x
That's cool though! I'm not much into swedish music myself but there are some real good music ^^

Så du snakker norsk? :D Tbh Swedish and Norwegian are not just a little similar, we can usually understand eachother without ever studying the other language. But then, written Norwegian is easier to understand - you can think of it as two very different dialects of the same language. I'm sure it would be interesting for you to visit both countries, and Iceland too! (And I'm sure you'll get here/there one day!) Is there any particular reason you're interested in these countries? (Vikings or something idk?)

We can actually joke about this quite a bit. What does a drunk swede sound like? Norwegian.
Even drunker? Danish (this is when it starts getting bad)
Another bottle? Finnish (by now it's really bad and no one understands a word)
Sorry not sorry, I had to. Scandinavians in a nutshell. I should get to bed.

And I'm sorry for cluttering up your thread xD
@Cvhruig
Ja, jeg liker det! :3 Sometimes I swear it's easier than English... even though I'm a native English speaker XD I'm sure you're not the only Swede here, there has to be more!

I didn't know they were that similar! I knew that there are different pronunciations for the same word, just not that they're that similar! That's so cool! It's like the similarities between Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.

*takes note of joke* That's actually really funny XD I don't know much about Danish, but I do know that Finnish is a lot harder to understand than Swedish! Don't feel sorry for cluttering, I don't have anyone to talk to in rl about this type of thing because basically everyone speaks Spanish as a second language. It's fun talking to you!
@Cvhruig
Ja, jeg liker det! :3 Sometimes I swear it's easier than English... even though I'm a native English speaker XD I'm sure you're not the only Swede here, there has to be more!

I didn't know they were that similar! I knew that there are different pronunciations for the same word, just not that they're that similar! That's so cool! It's like the similarities between Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.

*takes note of joke* That's actually really funny XD I don't know much about Danish, but I do know that Finnish is a lot harder to understand than Swedish! Don't feel sorry for cluttering, I don't have anyone to talk to in rl about this type of thing because basically everyone speaks Spanish as a second language. It's fun talking to you!
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
@rexasaurus
Tjoho för norska!
Omg, pls no, English is easier xD I'm impressed though xD

Not too long ago we compared a modern Norwegian text with an old Swedish (600 y/o ish) in school and the Norwegian was so much easier to understand
(Now just don't think that we're the same, we still have some differences in grammar and vocabulary.)
You should also know that some shared words have "evolved" into different meanings. "Rar" means to be kind in swedish, while in norwegian, to be weird. Pls don't mix up xD

Erhm
(Well I'm totally not biased or judgemantal)
Danish sounds like a mix of Swedish (vocabulary) and German (pronounciation), and they sometimes sound like they want to throw up while talking because they speak with their throats??
Finnish is so different it cannot be compared :P
totally not biased
@rexasaurus
Tjoho för norska!
Omg, pls no, English is easier xD I'm impressed though xD

Not too long ago we compared a modern Norwegian text with an old Swedish (600 y/o ish) in school and the Norwegian was so much easier to understand
(Now just don't think that we're the same, we still have some differences in grammar and vocabulary.)
You should also know that some shared words have "evolved" into different meanings. "Rar" means to be kind in swedish, while in norwegian, to be weird. Pls don't mix up xD

Erhm
(Well I'm totally not biased or judgemantal)
Danish sounds like a mix of Swedish (vocabulary) and German (pronounciation), and they sometimes sound like they want to throw up while talking because they speak with their throats??
Finnish is so different it cannot be compared :P
totally not biased
@Cvhruig
English is really weird to me. So many weird words and grammar rules ;-;
I'll make note of that difference. Don't wanna say something weird XD
It's interesting how language evolves over time!

nope, you're totally not biased :d
@Cvhruig
English is really weird to me. So many weird words and grammar rules ;-;
I'll make note of that difference. Don't wanna say something weird XD
It's interesting how language evolves over time!

nope, you're totally not biased :d
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
@rexasaurus, I... swear I wrote out a long post thanking you for Atropa's art, but... apparently it never posted? My goodness, I cannot believe I didn't notice that. Well, I kinda can, I'm oblivious sometimes and FR can be fickle on mobile. >_<

Anyway, thanks so much for drawing him, he looks awesome. ^_^ Its also a super cool and dynamic base model for spirals that you've designed, so bonus points for that! I'll definitely send something your way in return!

Sorry for getting back to you so late, though, really!
@rexasaurus, I... swear I wrote out a long post thanking you for Atropa's art, but... apparently it never posted? My goodness, I cannot believe I didn't notice that. Well, I kinda can, I'm oblivious sometimes and FR can be fickle on mobile. >_<

Anyway, thanks so much for drawing him, he looks awesome. ^_^ Its also a super cool and dynamic base model for spirals that you've designed, so bonus points for that! I'll definitely send something your way in return!

Sorry for getting back to you so late, though, really!
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@rexasaurus ;O I've always had problems with the english way of spelling things in 9845 different ways but other than that... not much Plenty of grammar rules, few exceptions (I do make mistakes though, sorry about that). I guess it just depends on what you're comparing it to

You better take those notes < 3
Yes, I've always been fascinated by how languages changes over time ^^

May I ask why you're interested in Norwegian and other scandinavian countries? If there is a reason, of course. Don't tell me if you don't want to ^^ I'm just curious :)

Thank you, glad to have that sorted out
@rexasaurus ;O I've always had problems with the english way of spelling things in 9845 different ways but other than that... not much Plenty of grammar rules, few exceptions (I do make mistakes though, sorry about that). I guess it just depends on what you're comparing it to

You better take those notes < 3
Yes, I've always been fascinated by how languages changes over time ^^

May I ask why you're interested in Norwegian and other scandinavian countries? If there is a reason, of course. Don't tell me if you don't want to ^^ I'm just curious :)

Thank you, glad to have that sorted out
@rexasaurus heyyy I tried a few more pixel things :) they're both in my signature- what do you think? :D
@rexasaurus heyyy I tried a few more pixel things :) they're both in my signature- what do you think? :D
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15