Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Lore and Poetry Shop
1 2
I can write poetry and lore for your dragons! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2541875/1#post_2541875]Pricing[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2541875/1#post_35660204]Examples of Poetry[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2541875/1#post_35660208]Examples of Lore[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2541875/1#post_35660212]Current clients[/url] 1000t=1g 750t=1 Festival currency Note: At the moment, I am [b]not[/b] taking gems as payment Note: MP apparel can be used as payment. It will be considered the same amount as what you would pay for it on the MP.[b] Ask about the particular piece[/b] of apparel first. Mixed payment [b]will[/b] be taken! [quote name="Poetry Pricing" ] Haiku: 300t Long Haiku (three-five stanzas): 600t-15kt* Long Haiku (six stanzas+): 400t per stanza Limerick: 350t Sonnet* (*note: I only do [b]Italian/Petrarchian[/b] sonnets, not Shakespearian ones!): 25kt Free form (rhyming): 20kt Free form (not rhyming): 18kt [/quote] [quote name="Lore Pricing" ] Dragons with starters: 25kt Dragons without starters: 50kt Clans with starters: 45kt Clans without starters: 100kt [/quote] No need to ping me-I am subscribed! [u][b]Credit is expected[/b][/u]
I can write poetry and lore for your dragons!

Pricing | Examples of Poetry | Examples of Lore | Current clients

1000t=1g

750t=1 Festival currency

Note: At the moment, I am not taking gems as payment

Note: MP apparel can be used as payment. It will be considered the same amount as what you would pay for it on the MP. Ask about the particular piece of apparel first.

Mixed payment will be taken!
Poetry Pricing wrote:
Haiku: 300t

Long Haiku (three-five stanzas): 600t-15kt*

Long Haiku (six stanzas+): 400t per stanza

Limerick: 350t

Sonnet* (*note: I only do Italian/Petrarchian sonnets, not Shakespearian ones!): 25kt

Free form (rhyming): 20kt

Free form (not rhyming): 18kt
Lore Pricing wrote:
Dragons with starters: 25kt

Dragons without starters: 50kt

Clans with starters: 45kt

Clans without starters: 100kt

No need to ping me-I am subscribed!

Credit is expected
arcane_nonbinbling_by_cicide76536-dcj0wde.gifPoetry and Lore Shop! tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
[size=4][b][u]Poetry Examples[/u][/b][/size] [quote name="the wine-dark sea (free-form rhyming)" ] darkest night and deepest morn birth their child of sorrow and scorn: “throw him away into the sea!” nations laugh until they cry; the son fails to hold his head high: “throw him away into the sea!” from each land he is thrown out he runs and runs, comes roundabout: “throw him away into the sea!” he is reviled through every land; they laugh at him when he dares to stand: “throw him away into the sea!” [/quote] [quote name="Long Nights (sonnet)" ] Long nights and longer days are in the sky; Full of stars it rises above the hill dark and mysterious, letting spill purple flowers and clover, a toad and a fly, two birds; and a child runs by. Dark deeds have happened here and darker still is that no one remembers-the sword and the kill. We don’t remember and so we die, in our forgetfulness we have been doomed. I pass on this memory so that you may survive: Tell your descendents so that they may thrive. Do not forget this day-the war, the spear, Do not let this memory be entombed forever here. [/quote]
Poetry Examples

the wine-dark sea (free-form rhyming) wrote:
darkest night and deepest morn
birth their child of sorrow and scorn:
“throw him away into the sea!”

nations laugh until they cry;
the son fails to hold his head high:

from each land he is thrown out
he runs and runs, comes roundabout:

he is reviled through every land;
they laugh at him when he dares to stand:

Long Nights (sonnet) wrote:
Long nights and longer days are in the sky;
Full of stars it rises above the hill
dark and mysterious, letting spill
purple flowers and clover, a toad and a fly,
two birds; and a child runs by.
Dark deeds have happened here and darker still
is that no one remembers-the sword and the kill.
We don’t remember and so we die,
in our forgetfulness we have been doomed.
I pass on this memory so that you may survive:
Tell your descendents so that they may thrive.
Do not forget this day-the war, the spear,
Do not let this memory be entombed forever here.
arcane_nonbinbling_by_cicide76536-dcj0wde.gifPoetry and Lore Shop! tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
[size=4][b][u]Lore Examples[/u][/b][/size] [quote name=Angelo] To quote his father, "...if I had to choose one trouble maker from my children it would definitely be Angelo. He's always been getting into scrapes and trouble he could avoid if he would just think before he acts, ever since he was little." After his childhood he became a student as was expected in his family but he was bored and dropped out. He already had a part-time job as a food deliverer but he took a few more low-wage jobs during the days and partied at night, always bringing girls back or going to their lair. Eventually, one of the girls he hung out with (is that what the kids are calling it these days?) hatched an egg. From the beginning she said she wasn't going to have anything to do with it and left before it hatched. Angelo named his daughter Avra and took a slightly higher paying job he could also work up the ranks in as a hotel bus boy. He hasn't had much experience in being responsible but luckily for him (and Avra) Sesili-and the rest of the clan to some extent-helped him. He still dreams to become Exalted but he's put that for the side for his daughter. [/quote] [quote name="Batya"] Batya was born in the Fishspine Reef to indifferent parents. Her father's Charge was her mother and he didn't seem to care about anything else. Her mother put out some effort when she was very young but by the time she uttered her first prophecy Batya was for all intents and purposes alone. Her prophecies weren't life changing, though they came very often. Mostly, they were about things like what she was going to have for breakfast the next day. She knew almost a year before she found it that an old, blackened Pearl was going to be her Charge. For the same reason she agreed to let the tundra she saw drifting towards the Trench take her out on a date since they were going to get married. She could never feel much of anything beyond apathy except towards her Charge, but sometime, at some restaurant or other she realized she loved Caspian. She got excited about the things he loved (games, boats, discovering new things) and discovered things she loved too (the look of the mountains against the sky and the coral against empty sea, white flowers, making fun of bad food, bad books, bad movies). And that was why, more than her prophecy, she agreed to marry him when he asked. [/quote] [quote name="Warsel" ] [b]"What was your worst experience with a loved one?"[/b] Warsel looks slightly reluctant to answer the question. "Well, I suppose it was when I left my clan. I suppose my mother was worried about me-I was leaving for an apprenticeship, and I didn't have anywhere to stay-but she reacted quite badly." He coughs, and a black and red spiral flies over to stand next to him. "She said I was abandoning our clan and I would never be able to be happy without them. A few of my siblings felt I had betrayed them because of what she said, although I've made up with them since. "I was lucky, though: my soon-to-be-boyfriend, Isa, supported me all the time-" he turns to smile at the spiral, who responds by kissing his cheek "-and I met my best friend Gali at my apprenticeship and moved in with her clan. And then Isa was able to join us. And Gali gave birth to the best godson ever. So I guess I [i]am[/i] very happy. "As for my mother, I made up with her but we don't talk much anymore." [/quote] [quote name="Oceanreach"] Sesili and ZoheretLi were both born in the Starfell Islands but brought up outside of them-Sesili in Dragonhome and ZoheretLi in the Southern Icefield-and both yearned to go back. They met not long after each of them had moved individually to the Starfell Islands and after finishing university they married and started their own clan, adopting two children to start with. ZoheretLi died in a vehicle crash not too long ago, but Sesili continues to adopt and welcome wandering and hurt dragons into his home. [/quote]
Lore Examples
Angelo wrote:
To quote his father, "...if I had to choose one trouble maker from my children it would definitely be Angelo. He's always been getting into scrapes and trouble he could avoid if he would just think before he acts, ever since he was little."

After his childhood he became a student as was expected in his family but he was bored and dropped out. He already had a part-time job as a food deliverer but he took a few more low-wage jobs during the days and partied at night, always bringing girls back or going to their lair.

Eventually, one of the girls he hung out with (is that what the kids are calling it these days?) hatched an egg. From the beginning she said she wasn't going to have anything to do with it and left before it hatched. Angelo named his daughter Avra and took a slightly higher paying job he could also work up the ranks in as a hotel bus boy.

He hasn't had much experience in being responsible but luckily for him (and Avra) Sesili-and the rest of the clan to some extent-helped him.

He still dreams to become Exalted but he's put that for the side for his daughter.

Batya wrote:
Batya was born in the Fishspine Reef to indifferent parents. Her father's Charge was her mother and he didn't seem to care about anything else. Her mother put out some effort when she was very young but by the time she uttered her first prophecy Batya was for all intents and purposes alone.

Her prophecies weren't life changing, though they came very often. Mostly, they were about things like what she was going to have for breakfast the next day. She knew almost a year before she found it that an old, blackened Pearl was going to be her Charge. For the same reason she agreed to let the tundra she saw drifting towards the Trench take her out on a date since they were going to get married.

She could never feel much of anything beyond apathy except towards her Charge, but sometime, at some restaurant or other she realized she loved Caspian. She got excited about the things he loved (games, boats, discovering new things) and discovered things she loved too (the look of the mountains against the sky and the coral against empty sea, white flowers, making fun of bad food, bad books, bad movies). And that was why, more than her prophecy, she agreed to marry him when he asked.

Warsel wrote:

"What was your worst experience with a loved one?"

Warsel looks slightly reluctant to answer the question. "Well, I suppose it was when I left my clan. I suppose my mother was worried about me-I was leaving for an apprenticeship, and I didn't have anywhere to stay-but she reacted quite badly." He coughs, and a black and red spiral flies over to stand next to him.

"She said I was abandoning our clan and I would never be able to be happy without them. A few of my siblings felt I had betrayed them because of what she said, although I've made up with them since.

"I was lucky, though: my soon-to-be-boyfriend, Isa, supported me all the time-" he turns to smile at the spiral, who responds by kissing his cheek "-and I met my best friend Gali at my apprenticeship and moved in with her clan. And then Isa was able to join us. And Gali gave birth to the best godson ever. So I guess I am very happy.

"As for my mother, I made up with her but we don't talk much anymore."

Oceanreach wrote:
Sesili and ZoheretLi were both born in the Starfell Islands but brought up outside of them-Sesili in Dragonhome and ZoheretLi in the Southern Icefield-and both yearned to go back.

They met not long after each of them had moved individually to the Starfell Islands and after finishing university they married and started their own clan, adopting two children to start with.

ZoheretLi died in a vehicle crash not too long ago, but Sesili continues to adopt and welcome wandering and hurt dragons into his home.
Client List

Parkakid-COMPLETED
Client List

Parkakid-COMPLETED
Reserve
Reserve
@mynameisgoliath Hey! I'd love a free-form rhyming poem for this dragon of mine, would that be possible? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42927221] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/429273/42927221_350.png[/img] [/url] Their lore is in their bio!
@mynameisgoliath
Hey! I'd love a free-form rhyming poem for this dragon of mine, would that be possible?

42927221_350.png

Their lore is in their bio!
art by noodlestuff
QrtG9rA.png
@Parkakid added to queue! Can I just say how much I love their lore? It's so wonderful. Like, it's messed up. But wonderful.
@Parkakid added to queue! Can I just say how much I love their lore? It's so wonderful. Like, it's messed up. But wonderful.
@mynameisgoliath
Thank you!!!! Their lore is honestly 100% the reason I bought them, haha. It was just so good, and the dragon themself was so pretty, I knew I had to get them the moment I saw 'em!

And ever since I did I've been spoiling them with art from every shop I see... It's like their charm works on people in real life too.
@mynameisgoliath
Thank you!!!! Their lore is honestly 100% the reason I bought them, haha. It was just so good, and the dragon themself was so pretty, I knew I had to get them the moment I saw 'em!

And ever since I did I've been spoiling them with art from every shop I see... It's like their charm works on people in real life too.
art by noodlestuff
QrtG9rA.png
@Parkakid Haha, definitely! :) Here's their poem (remember to credit and send 20kt): [quote name="Cassiel's Story"] They were formed from hatred, anger and grief. They were created to be the relief for the ones who were hurt by the god called Ghost; to punish him. They were nothing more than a host. The anger and grief ate away at their soul The memories began to take their toll. They ate away at their brain, leaving only one thing: That without Ghost they would be nothing. They came to depend on every smile and pat. They were nothing without him; they only knew that. But though they had forgot them the memories were there, and to see sadness they could not bear. So they made it their mission to make friends with world, and when a smile was given them, with happiness they twirled! [/quote]
@Parkakid Haha, definitely! :)

Here's their poem (remember to credit and send 20kt):
Cassiel's Story wrote:
They were formed from hatred,
anger and grief.
They were created
to be the relief

for the ones who were hurt
by the god called Ghost;
to punish him.
They were nothing more than a host.

The anger and grief
ate away at their soul
The memories began
to take their toll.

They ate away at their brain,
leaving only one thing:
That without Ghost
they would be nothing.

They came to depend
on every smile and pat.
They were nothing without him;
they only knew that.

But though they had forgot them
the memories were there,
and to see sadness
they could not bear.

So they made it their mission
to make friends with world,
and when a smile was given them,
with happiness they twirled!
@mynameisgoliath
Thank you so much! This is adorable, I love it. I already sent you the money; it should be in the Crossroads for you to accept!
@mynameisgoliath
Thank you so much! This is adorable, I love it. I already sent you the money; it should be in the Crossroads for you to accept!
art by noodlestuff
QrtG9rA.png
1 2