Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free lore blurbs!! [closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
thats okay! take as much time as you need :D!
thats okay! take as much time as you need :D!
- he/him
- fr +2
rupcmd.png b6fc64.png
@Rochambeau Oh yeah, no problem! I totally understand because I'm in high school right now.
@Rochambeau Oh yeah, no problem! I totally understand because I'm in high school right now.
20 | He/him | +2 FR time
np! take as much time as you need, and remember to relax.
np! take as much time as you need, and remember to relax.
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
Understandable! :)
Understandable! :)
SHLxdw5.jpeg
@Rochambeau [b]Dragon/OC link:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30025218] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300253/30025218_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Does your dragon have existing lore?[/b] Sort of? It's more like concepts. [b]If yes, what lore does it have?[/b] The next dragon on her right, Sesame (link in her bio to him as well, they're mates) has word blobs I wrote to a friend who has one of their kids which I hope sum up what I picture her to be like. [b]If no, what ideas do you have for this dragon?[/b] Sorry to break the ego thing, but Moonflower is a soft floof, precious floof. She's basically the closest thing to a permanent hatchling caretaker / nursery dragon, even though she likes to wander around flowers, and also: if she or her clan are threatened, think terrifying but still somehow elegant momma bear. F I E R C E. [b]Notes:[/b] If you check out Shizuka (custom progen, first dragon in lair) and skip to Shizuka's Story (still a wip but enough to see the style I hope), a lot of my dragons are probably going to have their how-I-came-to-this-clan / backstory stuff written in that kind of dramatic flair. Feel free to write however you want, though, if you think something else fits! I love new ideas! [b]Do you agree with my rules in the first post?[/b] Of course! [b]Any song recommendations?[/b] I love a whooole lot of stereotypically "emo" music like Panic! At The Disco but honestly I really love it. If that kind of thing, I recommend checking out The Score, they're a little like Imagine Dragons. Money Run Low and Higher are specific songs that immediately come to mind, as well as Unstoppable and Legend(s), not sure if there's an S there. Thanks so much for even considering this! I know it's kind of a lot, so by all means, feel free to ignore this if you want. Everything is up to you, too - if you feel like there's something more that could be done with her, PLEASE try it out, even if it's out of character! It may spawn me new ideas and help me flesh out her character a little.
@Rochambeau

Dragon/OC link:
30025218_350.png

Does your dragon have existing lore? Sort of? It's more like concepts.
If yes, what lore does it have? The next dragon on her right, Sesame (link in her bio to him as well, they're mates) has word blobs I wrote to a friend who has one of their kids which I hope sum up what I picture her to be like.
If no, what ideas do you have for this dragon? Sorry to break the ego thing, but Moonflower is a soft floof, precious floof. She's basically the closest thing to a permanent hatchling caretaker / nursery dragon, even though she likes to wander around flowers, and also: if she or her clan are threatened, think terrifying but still somehow elegant momma bear. F I E R C E.
Notes: If you check out Shizuka (custom progen, first dragon in lair) and skip to Shizuka's Story (still a wip but enough to see the style I hope), a lot of my dragons are probably going to have their how-I-came-to-this-clan / backstory stuff written in that kind of dramatic flair. Feel free to write however you want, though, if you think something else fits! I love new ideas!
Do you agree with my rules in the first post? Of course!
Any song recommendations? I love a whooole lot of stereotypically "emo" music like Panic! At The Disco but honestly I really love it. If that kind of thing, I recommend checking out The Score, they're a little like Imagine Dragons. Money Run Low and Higher are specific songs that immediately come to mind, as well as Unstoppable and Legend(s), not sure if there's an S there.

Thanks so much for even considering this! I know it's kind of a lot, so by all means, feel free to ignore this if you want. Everything is up to you, too - if you feel like there's something more that could be done with her, PLEASE try it out, even if it's out of character! It may spawn me new ideas and help me flesh out her character a little.
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
It's completely understandable. Life gets in the way a lot of times :)
It's completely understandable. Life gets in the way a lot of times :)
2172295b9523468118b7cd8b69c4ab8c.gif
@Rochambeau [b]Dragon/OC link:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34314311] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/343144/34314311_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Does your dragon have existing lore?[/b] Not really, he has a bit of a personality snippet. [b]If yes, what lore does it have?[/b] Please see bio [b]If no, what ideas do you have for this dragon?[/b] I want him to be really narcissistic, so probably right up you're ally. [b]Notes:[/b] I prefer 3rd person [b]Do you agree with my rules in the first post?[/b] Yes of course! [b]Any song recommendations?[/b] Recently I'm loving the Sultans of Ping, also Of Monsters and Men. I've also really liked the B-52s for quite a long time. I don't listen to recent music that much so I'm not sure if you'll like any of those bands but it's worth a shot I guess. (I love your Toyhou.se by the way)
@Rochambeau

Dragon/OC link:
34314311_350.png

Does your dragon have existing lore? Not really, he has a bit of a personality snippet.
If yes, what lore does it have? Please see bio
If no, what ideas do you have for this dragon? I want him to be really narcissistic, so probably right up you're ally.
Notes: I prefer 3rd person
Do you agree with my rules in the first post? Yes of course!
Any song recommendations? Recently I'm loving the Sultans of Ping, also Of Monsters and Men. I've also really liked the B-52s for quite a long time. I don't listen to recent music that much so I'm not sure if you'll like any of those bands but it's worth a shot I guess.

(I love your Toyhou.se by the way)
8HS4awg.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.giftRvB8Xn.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +1 time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdragons for sale
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifplease give credit for any art/lore from forum games if used

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgo drink some water :)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Search!!!

@Ellapinky

Haha! I definitely don't mind writing nicer, kinder dragons n _ n! I've noted your request! I hope to do her justice!

And I love that style of music too! I'm very, very familiar w/ The Score and their EPs :3 Nice taste in music!

@Bluebird88

Ooo! I'll definitely check them out! I've heard of Sultans of Ping, but haven't had the time to listen to their stuff ;0

Thanks for your request! I've noted it down n _ n

@Ellapinky

Haha! I definitely don't mind writing nicer, kinder dragons n _ n! I've noted your request! I hope to do her justice!

And I love that style of music too! I'm very, very familiar w/ The Score and their EPs :3 Nice taste in music!

@Bluebird88

Ooo! I'll definitely check them out! I've heard of Sultans of Ping, but haven't had the time to listen to their stuff ;0

Thanks for your request! I've noted it down n _ n

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bury me in burgundy, i just don't care.

toyhouse || medium || insp.
xxxx1316_200px_rochambeau_by_miirshroom-dbp7s7f.png
@Rochambeau [b]Dragon/OC link:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=174761] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1748/174761_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Does your dragon have existing lore?[/b] Sort of. Her brother has existing lore, and about the only thing I know is that her brother has stuck by her side. I very vaguely feel that she knows of his existence, but how strongly, I am not sure. [b]If yes, what lore does it have?[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=174762] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1748/174762_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]If no, what ideas do you have for this dragon?[/b] I have gone through three or four different variants for her already! I am not fond of her name and any name change (or none at all) would be welcome, I wrote CygnusDePlume's name the way I did because at one time I was thinking that Cygnus was a creative soul of some sort, and he was able to communicate via Crystal, so the "De Plume" came from "nom de plume" but I never did establish whether or not Crystal was solidly certain of his existence or just thought of him as a muse, though I am sure she has suspicions, at the very least. She could also have something to do with the sells of the magical spider weave that Cygnus does. But seriously, other than the fact that I also know I want to eventually work her charge into her story (which would NOT be animal or probably even not something living, otherwise no specifications, whether you do that, or I do it after the fact, I don't mind), I don't really have a very, very specific thought in mind. Just a bunch of wisps that refuse to make a whole. Maybe ironically enough. [b]Notes:[/b] Here I am going to say again, I have vague ideas, but I am happy to see you run whatever direction you want to go! I know Cygnus' story wound up getting written second person and actually working somehow, that's not a point of view I necessarily need for Crystal. However, it feels a little fairy-tale-like to me, and if you want to try to go fairy tale in the writing style, that might be fun! I don't really mind either way though. And, finally, if you find that you are like me and can't think of anything solid to write, I would just be happy with ideas. Bullet points of unrelated thoughts. An apparently unrelated jumble of words. A quarter of an abandoned story. Just any starter to get a jog on this girl. At this point, I really want to do something with her because I am so happy with how her brother came out, but I am totally blank. [b]Do you agree with my rules in the first post?[/b] Of course!... [b]Any song recommendations?[/b] ~L~ I like Beethoven (Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata), Enya, and Andrew Lloyd Webber with pan pipe music?
@Rochambeau

Dragon/OC link:
174761_350.png

Does your dragon have existing lore? Sort of. Her brother has existing lore, and about the only thing I know is that her brother has stuck by her side. I very vaguely feel that she knows of his existence, but how strongly, I am not sure.
If yes, what lore does it have?
174762_350.png

If no, what ideas do you have for this dragon? I have gone through three or four different variants for her already! I am not fond of her name and any name change (or none at all) would be welcome, I wrote CygnusDePlume's name the way I did because at one time I was thinking that Cygnus was a creative soul of some sort, and he was able to communicate via Crystal, so the "De Plume" came from "nom de plume" but I never did establish whether or not Crystal was solidly certain of his existence or just thought of him as a muse, though I am sure she has suspicions, at the very least. She could also have something to do with the sells of the magical spider weave that Cygnus does. But seriously, other than the fact that I also know I want to eventually work her charge into her story (which would NOT be animal or probably even not something living, otherwise no specifications, whether you do that, or I do it after the fact, I don't mind), I don't really have a very, very specific thought in mind. Just a bunch of wisps that refuse to make a whole. Maybe ironically enough.

Notes: Here I am going to say again, I have vague ideas, but I am happy to see you run whatever direction you want to go! I know Cygnus' story wound up getting written second person and actually working somehow, that's not a point of view I necessarily need for Crystal. However, it feels a little fairy-tale-like to me, and if you want to try to go fairy tale in the writing style, that might be fun! I don't really mind either way though.

And, finally, if you find that you are like me and can't think of anything solid to write, I would just be happy with ideas. Bullet points of unrelated thoughts. An apparently unrelated jumble of words. A quarter of an abandoned story. Just any starter to get a jog on this girl. At this point, I really want to do something with her because I am so happy with how her brother came out, but I am totally blank.

Do you agree with my rules in the first post? Of course!...

Any song recommendations? ~L~ I like Beethoven (Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata), Enya, and Andrew Lloyd Webber with pan pipe music?
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
@Sebaschan Here's your blurb again! n _ n I fixed some tense errors I missed before, so this should be error-free! c: Thanks again for the request! Feel free to use this wherever you like provided credit is given :0 And thank you for those awesome song suggestions!! [br] [quote=Glasmalerei]He stood in front of his furnace, stoking the flames that burned brightly within the hearth. His makeshift forge filled and reeked with thick, overwhelming smoke as the coals glowed brilliantly through the hazy facade. He wiped his brow with automatic hand and picked up a blowpipe, placing a piece of glass at one end before plunging it into the blaze. As he watched the glass turn incandescent, rotating the pipe occasionally until the glass was heated to a sufficient temperature, he heard Inked’s familiar footsteps grow nearer. They stopped. He was well aware of his presence, but did not turn to greet him. Instead he straightened his back, positioned himself and got to work. He moved with an ease one would expect from a man skilled in his craft, taking the molten glass straight from the furnace and onto his bench. He worked the glass on the bench’s surface, blowing short puffs of air until the glass blob inflated to the right size. Before it cooled, he started to mould the glass with jacks and tweezers; the intensity in his eyes only matched by the fire that roared behind him. He grinned to himself when he added the final touch to his delicate piece, impressed by his own craftsmanship. Turning to Inked, he revealed his creation: a glass statue in his partner’s image. The dazzled look in Inked’s eyes was enough to affirm that he was, indeed, one of the most distinguished glassblowers in Sornieth.[/quote] @Joying Interesting request! :0 I'll see what I can do for you n _ n I've noted down your request c:
@Sebaschan

Here's your blurb again! n _ n I fixed some tense errors I missed before, so this should be error-free! c: Thanks again for the request! Feel free to use this wherever you like provided credit is given :0

And thank you for those awesome song suggestions!!

Glasmalerei wrote:
He stood in front of his furnace, stoking the flames that burned brightly within the hearth. His makeshift forge filled and reeked with thick, overwhelming smoke as the coals glowed brilliantly through the hazy facade. He wiped his brow with automatic hand and picked up a blowpipe, placing a piece of glass at one end before plunging it into the blaze. As he watched the glass turn incandescent, rotating the pipe occasionally until the glass was heated to a sufficient temperature, he heard Inked’s familiar footsteps grow nearer. They stopped. He was well aware of his presence, but did not turn to greet him.

Instead he straightened his back, positioned himself and got to work. He moved with an ease one would expect from a man skilled in his craft, taking the molten glass straight from the furnace and onto his bench. He worked the glass on the bench’s surface, blowing short puffs of air until the glass blob inflated to the right size. Before it cooled, he started to mould the glass with jacks and tweezers; the intensity in his eyes only matched by the fire that roared behind him. He grinned to himself when he added the final touch to his delicate piece, impressed by his own craftsmanship. Turning to Inked, he revealed his creation: a glass statue in his partner’s image. The dazzled look in Inked’s eyes was enough to affirm that he was, indeed, one of the most distinguished glassblowers in Sornieth.

@Joying

Interesting request! :0 I'll see what I can do for you n _ n I've noted down your request c:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bury me in burgundy, i just don't care.

toyhouse || medium || insp.
xxxx1316_200px_rochambeau_by_miirshroom-dbp7s7f.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7