Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Plaguebringer's Mutants (Come Chat!)
1 2 3 4
[center] [b]File #117518[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=117518][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1176/117518.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [i]unknown[/i] [b]Abilities:[/b] Physical Mutation: As an ode to the Lightning Realm which her charge brought her to, Plaguebringer attempted to physically manipulate Terraina. [i]"Any manipulations they can do, I can do better."[/i] In a bid to create a superior mirror dragon,she [b]elongated[/b] Terraina's form and [b]added additional wings[/b]. [b]She is not a spiral[/b], but rather a severely deformed combination of a guardian and mirror with hopeful "improvements." [b]She is incapable of flight, and it is painful for her to move.[/b] But she is able to [b]move swiftly[/b] and has [b]uncontested jaw strength[/b]. She also needs very little food and water to survive. [b]Family Background:[/b] [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] [b]Success Rating:[/b] [i]Dirt snake? Oh, my...[/i] - Plaguebringer [/center] [b]Notes:[/b]
File #117518
...file in progress, all information subject to change
117518.png
Codename: unknown
Abilities:
Physical Mutation: As an ode to the Lightning Realm which her charge brought her to, Plaguebringer attempted to physically manipulate Terraina. "Any manipulations they can do, I can do better." In a bid to create a superior mirror dragon,she elongated Terraina's form and added additional wings. She is not a spiral, but rather a severely deformed combination of a guardian and mirror with hopeful "improvements." She is incapable of flight, and it is painful for her to move. But she is able to move swiftly and has uncontested jaw strength. She also needs very little food and water to survive.

Family Background:

Important Historical Information:

Success Rating: Dirt snake? Oh, my... - Plaguebringer

Notes:
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
[center] [b]File #118032[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=118032][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1181/118032.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] TumbleWind [b]Abilities:[/b] [b]An Experiment In Cross Elements:[/b] Plaguebringer's favorite mutation is to try to cross the strengths of current dragon species, both in element and physical mutation. She has met some great disasters and great successes. TumbleWind.... ... think of a fae dragon crossed with a pinwheel of light. Yep. This tiny fae travels both in air and on ground by head-to-tail, usually just looking like a fae who thinks he's a weird spiral. But when upset, he spins faster and faster, until he becomes a pinwheel of wind and light, the cross elements of his heritage. He can blind you or blow you away, depending whichever elemental reservoir is most contained in his body at that time. [i]It's a really bad idea to challenge him in the elemental crossroads, wind, or light territories.[/i] Otherwise, he's just...awkward... [b]Family Background:[/b] Parents: Wind / Light Offspring: All Wind [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] [b]Success Rating:[/b] [i]Now I know Windsinger tried breathing life into the faes before Arcanist got them...I wonder what a non-spiraling spiral is like?-/i] -- Plaguebringer [b]Secured Information:[/b] [b]Potential:[/b]
File #118032
118032.png
Codename: TumbleWind
Abilities:
An Experiment In Cross Elements: Plaguebringer's favorite mutation is to try to cross the strengths of current dragon species, both in element and physical mutation. She has met some great disasters and great successes. TumbleWind....

... think of a fae dragon crossed with a pinwheel of light.

Yep. This tiny fae travels both in air and on ground by head-to-tail, usually just looking like a fae who thinks he's a weird spiral. But when upset, he spins faster and faster, until he becomes a pinwheel of wind and light, the cross elements of his heritage. He can blind you or blow you away, depending whichever elemental reservoir is most contained in his body at that time. It's a really bad idea to challenge him in the elemental crossroads, wind, or light territories. Otherwise, he's just...awkward...

Family Background: Parents: Wind / Light

Offspring: All Wind

Success Rating: Now I know Windsinger tried breathing life into the faes before Arcanist got them...I wonder what a non-spiraling spiral is like?-/i] -- Plaguebringer

Secured Information:

Potential:
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
[center] [b]File #118651[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=118651][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1187/118651.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [b]Abilities:[/b] He has none. He kept using Tree Sap to counteract all effects of mutations and all such "infections." The running theory is that he can imbue tree sap with something that only effects him. But maybe he just as an unusually high tolerance to Plague Sneezes. [b]Family Background:[/b] Offspring: All Wind [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] [b]Success Rating:[/b] [i]I am not sure I like faes.[/i] -- Plaguebringer [b]Secured Information:[/b]
File #118651
118651.png
Codename:
Abilities:
He has none. He kept using Tree Sap to counteract all effects of mutations and all such "infections." The running theory is that he can imbue tree sap with something that only effects him. But maybe he just as an unusually high tolerance to Plague Sneezes.

Family Background: Offspring: All Wind

Success Rating: I am not sure I like faes. -- Plaguebringer

Secured Information:
[center] [b]File #119017[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=119017][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1191/119017.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [b]Mutation:[/b] Attempt at making a fae able to speak: Tzearah's crests are immobile, but he has incredible hearing, both able to hear soft sounds and high frequencies. He has emulated many of these sounds though, and is only understood by those who have known him many years. [b]Family Background:[/b] (He has no memory of them.) Father: G1 arcane fae Mother: Shadow Mirror (Guardian/Mirror Shadow) All offspring in plague. [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] Tzearah has no memories of his first arrival to Plague, nor of his offspring. Before the Arcane fae could leave the lands on a then annual trip back home, he caught an illness which destroyed his earliest memories. That was just the accident of the mutation Plaguebringer tried to give him. His first memories are of the burnings in his ears, his throat, and crests. He remembers first the shock of his crests not being able to move, and the varied sounds of the world around him. He remembers second the shock of the squeak in his voice. Plaguebringer had tried to give speech to the faes. On Tzearah, she failed. His sensitive ears can pick up sounds from afar, and in ranges many dragons cannot hear. But the range makes him emulate strange sounds, and still very few dragons can even begin to understand him. He doesn’t even have mobility in his crests to communicate with. But in the Plaguelands, failure is only a stepping stone to prove worthiness, and Tzearah has survived. He is the best lookout of The Oasis, and if a dragon has the patience to learn his scribbled handwriting and shorthand notes, he is the best informant the land has to offer. [b]Success Rating:[/b] [i]He makes a good watch guard, at least.[/i] - Plaguebringer [b]Secured Information:[/b]
File #119017
119017.png
Codename:
Mutation:
Attempt at making a fae able to speak: Tzearah's crests are immobile, but he has incredible hearing, both able to hear soft sounds and high frequencies. He has emulated many of these sounds though, and is only understood by those who have known him many years.

Family Background: (He has no memory of them.) Father: G1 arcane fae
Mother: Shadow Mirror (Guardian/Mirror Shadow)

All offspring in plague.

Tzearah has no memories of his first arrival to Plague, nor of his offspring. Before the Arcane fae could leave the lands on a then annual trip back home, he caught an illness which destroyed his earliest memories. That was just the accident of the mutation Plaguebringer tried to give him. His first memories are of the burnings in his ears, his throat, and crests. He remembers first the shock of his crests not being able to move, and the varied sounds of the world around him. He remembers second the shock of the squeak in his voice.

Plaguebringer had tried to give speech to the faes. On Tzearah, she failed. His sensitive ears can pick up sounds from afar, and in ranges many dragons cannot hear. But the range makes him emulate strange sounds, and still very few dragons can even begin to understand him. He doesn’t even have mobility in his crests to communicate with. But in the Plaguelands, failure is only a stepping stone to prove worthiness, and Tzearah has survived. He is the best lookout of The Oasis, and if a dragon has the patience to learn his scribbled handwriting and shorthand notes, he is the best informant the land has to offer.

Success Rating: He makes a good watch guard, at least. - Plaguebringer

Secured Information:
[center] [b]File #119404[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=119404][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1195/119404.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [b]Abilities:[/b] Katie was never mutated, she is a loyal servant and Agent of Plaguebringer. [b]Family Background:[/b] Offspring: All Light [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] Katie’s full name is Contagion. She was born a fae. And the teaching of her family made her ever loyal to the Plaguebringer and all she stands for. Like Wildberry and SkyTalon, she was an early Agent of the Plaguebringer, and her devotion brought her to the Light Lands. She was swiftly captured and changed into a snapper by pearlcatchers who wanted to things: To destroy the plague within her and to have a tireless servant to help uncover the mysteries and truths of the Sunbeam Ruins. For years, the only name she heard was The Snapper. The Plague slept while The Snapper never did, and the pearlcatchers forgot in their pursuits who she was while The Snapper never did. Sleeping things can be woken on command while Forgotten things often lead to rude recalls. That happened when The Snapper, tireless and clever in her endeavors, left a nasty gift which she knew the pearlcatchers wouldn’t refuse. She found an ancient room by night and by night carefully let out the reservoirs of Plague strands into the dark, ancient place. When the clan of pearlcatchers were either too weak or too busy tending to the weak, The Snapper made her escape. “Katie is a sweetheart’s name for Contagion.” Truly devoted, The Snapper called Contagion immediately reclaimed her heritage and name. She remained in the Light Realms as long as her elemental energies remained strong enough within her to continue her contaminations. It wasn’t until she was no longer effective and needed the renewing elemental energies of her homeland that she turned to return. Already a hero and a legend. Katie has no mutation, but the blessings of Plaguebringer stay on her, and she teaches young plague offspring the ways of their deity. [b]Success Rating:[/b] [i]My dear, sweet, Contagion.[/i] -- Plaguebringer [b]Secured Information:[/b]
File #119404
119404.png
Codename:
Abilities: Katie was never mutated, she is a loyal servant and Agent of Plaguebringer.

Family Background: Offspring: All Light

Katie’s full name is Contagion. She was born a fae. And the teaching of her family made her ever loyal to the Plaguebringer and all she stands for. Like Wildberry and SkyTalon, she was an early Agent of the Plaguebringer, and her devotion brought her to the Light Lands.

She was swiftly captured and changed into a snapper by pearlcatchers who wanted to things: To destroy the plague within her and to have a tireless servant to help uncover the mysteries and truths of the Sunbeam Ruins. For years, the only name she heard was The Snapper.

The Plague slept while The Snapper never did, and the pearlcatchers forgot in their pursuits who she was while The Snapper never did. Sleeping things can be woken on command while Forgotten things often lead to rude recalls. That happened when The Snapper, tireless and clever in her endeavors, left a nasty gift which she knew the pearlcatchers wouldn’t refuse. She found an ancient room by night and by night carefully let out the reservoirs of Plague strands into the dark, ancient place.

When the clan of pearlcatchers were either too weak or too busy tending to the weak, The Snapper made her escape.

“Katie is a sweetheart’s name for Contagion.”

Truly devoted, The Snapper called Contagion immediately reclaimed her heritage and name. She remained in the Light Realms as long as her elemental energies remained strong enough within her to continue her contaminations. It wasn’t until she was no longer effective and needed the renewing elemental energies of her homeland that she turned to return. Already a hero and a legend.

Katie has no mutation, but the blessings of Plaguebringer stay on her, and she teaches young plague offspring the ways of their deity.

Success Rating: My dear, sweet, Contagion. -- Plaguebringer

Secured Information:
[center] [b]File #119936, File #175603[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=119936][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1200/119936.png[/img][/url] Faithful . . . Forever[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=175603][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1757/175603.png[/img] [/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [i]unknown[/i] [b]Abilities:[/b] [b]Family Background:[/b] [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] [b]Success Rating:[/b] [/center] [b]Secured Information:[/b] [b]Potential:[/b] Drawing a complete blank on these two
File #119936, File #175603
119936.png Faithful . . . Forever175603.png

Codename: unknown
Abilities:

Family Background:

Success Rating:

Secured Information:

Potential:

Drawing a complete blank on these two
[center] [b]File #122834[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=122834][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1229/122834.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [b]Abilities:[/b] Exploding Clones [b]Family Background:[/b] Offspring: All Arcane [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] Nearly all of Buttley's immediate family are still in the Starfall Isles. Buttley himself would still be in the Starfall Isles, but Arcane dragons have a way of experimentation which tends to lead themselves and others astray. All Arcane dragons know that the greatest Elemental Strength comes from somewhere [i]up[/i], and maybe from the Stars themselves. That is why the land constantly tries to move upwards, to obtain that elemental magic. Buttley was interested in trying to make himself A Very Powerful Dragon, and so designed a magical canon to shoot him up to the stars. The Magical Canon was pointed up at his favorite star, let off a powerful [b]PA-WHOMPH[/b], followed by the [i]oohhs[/i] and [i]aahhh[/i] usually reserved for firework displays, and shot him up, up, up, up, up... down, down, down, down, down... And over, ever over. Over until he was a Shooting Star above the PlagueLands, blazing with a bright, pink magical energy and crystallized by the same. The 'Meteorite' created an impressive crater in the Plaguelands, but Plaguebringer was hardly amused with this new arrival into her territory. She immediately cursed the living meteor with the worst sort of Plague she could give to the Arcanes: Meaning to suck him dry of all magical abilities. The Meteor exploded into dozens of smaller pieces, then imploded back together. The fae sat in the midst of the crater, glowing pink and red, and breaking out into painful boils which were supposed to be the draining of his magical energies. Instead, they spread like a rash until the Arcane power was covered in Plague's power, and Buttley immediately understood something which all sensible dragons know: Elemental Magic doesn't come from the stars, but the lands themselves pulse with the energy, with lines which run throughout the whole of the world though they naturally course to the favored lands of the deities. He also soon learned that in order to avoid being drained of all magic (and to avoid painful boils and rashes too), he had to make himself a home on a crossing of the arcane and plague energies and never wander too far away from it. Exploding on command though is a pretty cool perk. [b]Success Rating:[/b] [i]This shooting star did not properly grant my wish.[/i] -- Plaguebringer [b]Secured Information:[/b]
File #122834
122834.png
Codename:
Abilities: Exploding Clones

Family Background: Offspring: All Arcane

Nearly all of Buttley's immediate family are still in the Starfall Isles. Buttley himself would still be in the Starfall Isles, but Arcane dragons have a way of experimentation which tends to lead themselves and others astray. All Arcane dragons know that the greatest Elemental Strength comes from somewhere up, and maybe from the Stars themselves. That is why the land constantly tries to move upwards, to obtain that elemental magic. Buttley was interested in trying to make himself A Very Powerful Dragon, and so designed a magical canon to shoot him up to the stars.

The Magical Canon was pointed up at his favorite star, let off a powerful PA-WHOMPH, followed by the oohhs and aahhh usually reserved for firework displays, and shot him up, up, up, up, up... down, down, down, down, down... And over, ever over. Over until he was a Shooting Star above the PlagueLands, blazing with a bright, pink magical energy and crystallized by the same.

The 'Meteorite' created an impressive crater in the Plaguelands, but Plaguebringer was hardly amused with this new arrival into her territory. She immediately cursed the living meteor with the worst sort of Plague she could give to the Arcanes: Meaning to suck him dry of all magical abilities.

The Meteor exploded into dozens of smaller pieces, then imploded back together. The fae sat in the midst of the crater, glowing pink and red, and breaking out into painful boils which were supposed to be the draining of his magical energies. Instead, they spread like a rash until the Arcane power was covered in Plague's power, and Buttley immediately understood something which all sensible dragons know: Elemental Magic doesn't come from the stars, but the lands themselves pulse with the energy, with lines which run throughout the whole of the world though they naturally course to the favored lands of the deities.

He also soon learned that in order to avoid being drained of all magic (and to avoid painful boils and rashes too), he had to make himself a home on a crossing of the arcane and plague energies and never wander too far away from it.

Exploding on command though is a pretty cool perk.

Success Rating: This shooting star did not properly grant my wish. -- Plaguebringer

Secured Information:
[center] [b]File #123376[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=123376][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1234/123376.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [b]Abilities:[/b] Self healing [b]Family Background:[/b] Parents plague, offspring fire [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] [b]Success Rating:[/b] [i]He is special.[/i] -- Plaguebringer [b]Secured Information:[/b]
File #123376
123376.png
Codename:
Abilities: Self healing

Family Background: Parents plague, offspring fire

Success Rating: He is special. -- Plaguebringer

Secured Information:
[center] [b]File #123939[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=123939][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1240/123939.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] [b]Abilities:[/b] Blessed of Tidecaller at birth, encountered Agent Sycamore later in life, has the ability to... Oh, I have thought of an entire background story for him, family relations, and personality, but not a mutation. [b]Family Background:[/b] Parents water, offspring arcane and shadow [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] [b]Success Rating:[/b] [b]Secured Information:[/b]
File #123939
123939.png
Codename:
Abilities: Blessed of Tidecaller at birth, encountered Agent Sycamore later in life, has the ability to... Oh, I have thought of an entire background story for him, family relations, and personality, but not a mutation.

Family Background: Parents water, offspring arcane and shadow

Success Rating:

Secured Information:
[center] [b]File #127124[/b] [i]...file in progress, all information subject to change[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=127124][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1272/127124.png[/img][/url] [b]Codename:[/b] Sun Toxin [b]Abilities:[/b] Radiant Heat ::: The mutation wasn't meant for him, but for his eldest son. It was meant to be the gift of Rot itself. But wise Vrishnath saw the enemy, and charged ahead to take the brunt of the "gift." Rot is nothing more than a different sort of life: microbes which move in to use that which does not wash them away. Certainly some environments are more favorable than others. That day, the rot's perfect environment split. His son carries cold which would honor the Icewarden while Lightweaver's stength grew to grotesque proportions in Vrishnath. "Sun's Toxin" they call him, and all he touches becomes infected, at best with a slight burn, and at worst with exploding heat. [b]Family Background:[/b] Parents light, offspring nature. Eldest offspring "a true ice dragon" who makes all things cold. Youngest "wild like a bramble forest". [b]Important Historical Information:[/b] [b]Success Rating:[/b] [b]Secured Information:[/b]
File #127124
127124.png
Codename: Sun Toxin
Abilities: Radiant Heat ::: The mutation wasn't meant for him, but for his eldest son. It was meant to be the gift of Rot itself. But wise Vrishnath saw the enemy, and charged ahead to take the brunt of the "gift."

Rot is nothing more than a different sort of life: microbes which move in to use that which does not wash them away. Certainly some environments are more favorable than others. That day, the rot's perfect environment split. His son carries cold which would honor the Icewarden while Lightweaver's stength grew to grotesque proportions in Vrishnath. "Sun's Toxin" they call him, and all he touches becomes infected, at best with a slight burn, and at worst with exploding heat.

Family Background: Parents light, offspring nature. Eldest offspring "a true ice dragon" who makes all things cold. Youngest "wild like a bramble forest".

Success Rating:

Secured Information:
1 2 3 4