Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | (constructively) roast my arts (earn g)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17
@Minitani

Your upwards didn't work out because your eye/nostril/ear needs to be higher and your horns need to have a greater variance in height. <3
@Minitani

Your upwards didn't work out because your eye/nostril/ear needs to be higher and your horns need to have a greater variance in height. <3

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
udnr2stnif0dt4h7-13862.gif
[img]https://i.imgur.com/uxNe81b.png[/img] @SunglassesArlo like this? :O
uxNe81b.png

@SunglassesArlo

like this? :O
@Mintiani I'm afraid that I can't give much advice about shading, because I'm still struggling with shading myself. However, I don't think your shading looks that messy at all! But someone else with more experience about the matter will probably have some more helpful things to say about that :>

As to the angle, your second attempt is definitely a step in the right direction. The problem is that you tried to do an upwards 3/4 angle, but ended up drawing what's pretty much just a sideview, pobably (I'm just guessing here of course) because you simply didn't know how to properly draw what you were going for. I'd suggest looking up pictures of various animals that are drawn or photographed from a similar angle and using them as reference!

It's pretty late where I am right now (past midnight), so I'll stop here, but I'll probably be back in a few hours and try to gibe some more solid advice! :>
@Mintiani I'm afraid that I can't give much advice about shading, because I'm still struggling with shading myself. However, I don't think your shading looks that messy at all! But someone else with more experience about the matter will probably have some more helpful things to say about that :>

As to the angle, your second attempt is definitely a step in the right direction. The problem is that you tried to do an upwards 3/4 angle, but ended up drawing what's pretty much just a sideview, pobably (I'm just guessing here of course) because you simply didn't know how to properly draw what you were going for. I'd suggest looking up pictures of various animals that are drawn or photographed from a similar angle and using them as reference!

It's pretty late where I am right now (past midnight), so I'll stop here, but I'll probably be back in a few hours and try to gibe some more solid advice! :>
iIrk1Wj.png
@Mintiani

20zvcsp.png

Feel free to download/ask for clarification if you can't read anything.
@Mintiani

20zvcsp.png

Feel free to download/ask for clarification if you can't read anything.
@Dragonartist24

my jaw dropped... this is so helpful, thanks so much!!
@Dragonartist24

my jaw dropped... this is so helpful, thanks so much!!
@minitani

Yes yes :3
@minitani

Yes yes :3

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
udnr2stnif0dt4h7-13862.gif
@applejuice

Sorry for the delay I missed your ping!

You did indeed guess correctly lol, I tried to find references of a snake in that angle but wasn't able to. How artists manage to find so many references to use eludes me.

Again, I really, really appreciate your time. Thanks for being here ;w;
@applejuice

Sorry for the delay I missed your ping!

You did indeed guess correctly lol, I tried to find references of a snake in that angle but wasn't able to. How artists manage to find so many references to use eludes me.

Again, I really, really appreciate your time. Thanks for being here ;w;
@Kuroikari @digsie @SuperNinjaDragon @SunglassesArlo @coyotewest @MangoLlama @HyperionForge @Dragonartist24 @applejuice @Aetherna Hey again! Here is stuff I did yesterday, commisioned from my new [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2375286]art shoppe[/url], which I started as motivation to practice more! I've tried my best to incorporate advice from everyone. Let me know if I forgot about something or if something needs work. Colors are all flats since that's what they paid for, is there a way to make flats less... bad? Should I stop using the eyedropper tool for sake of a unified palette? I don't know! Apologies for the watermark. I've decided only the commissioner should have access to the unwatermarked version ^^ (is that common practice? I don't know :O) [img]https://i.imgur.com/j0S98Ft.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/EBIvpcI.png[/img] I won't be posting for the next while because I was commisioned for a TWO big pieces!! I wasn't expecting it but I'm going to try my best! If any of you have advice for drawing backgrounds and incorporating characters into them, I'd really, really, appreciate it. I'd probably even pay you a handful of gems!
@Kuroikari @digsie @SuperNinjaDragon @SunglassesArlo @coyotewest @MangoLlama @HyperionForge @Dragonartist24 @applejuice @Aetherna

Hey again! Here is stuff I did yesterday, commisioned from my new art shoppe, which I started as motivation to practice more!

I've tried my best to incorporate advice from everyone. Let me know if I forgot about something or if something needs work. Colors are all flats since that's what they paid for, is there a way to make flats less... bad? Should I stop using the eyedropper tool for sake of a unified palette? I don't know!

Apologies for the watermark. I've decided only the commissioner should have access to the unwatermarked version ^^ (is that common practice? I don't know :O)

j0S98Ft.png
EBIvpcI.png

I won't be posting for the next while because I was commisioned for a TWO big pieces!! I wasn't expecting it but I'm going to try my best! If any of you have advice for drawing backgrounds and incorporating characters into them, I'd really, really, appreciate it. I'd probably even pay you a handful of gems!
@Mintiani Congrats on your art shop :) Just one minor thing. You missed the other half of the feathers on the skydancer's head. They're slightly noticeable even on a sideview which suggests the feathers are not flat againt the head. [img]https://i.imgur.com/PRFr7BA.png[/img] The male skydancer is drawn from a sideview, but the other half of the feathers is noticeable. Now, looks at the way the feathers of the female skydancer flow. They have some curvature. Other than that, I see a major improvement on how the wings are drawn and the birds look pretty nice :D
@Mintiani

Congrats on your art shop :)

Just one minor thing. You missed the other half of the feathers on the skydancer's head. They're slightly noticeable even on a sideview which suggests the feathers are not flat againt the head.

PRFr7BA.png
The male skydancer is drawn from a sideview, but the other half of the feathers is noticeable. Now, looks at the way the feathers of the female skydancer flow. They have some curvature.

Other than that, I see a major improvement on how the wings are drawn and the birds look pretty nice :D

wb_aeth.png
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
dEe2UrM.png
mjtJ868.png       
LGvol4P.png
AFDqeiv.gif
@Aetherna

oh my! I actually didn't notice that! Thanks so much :O
@Aetherna

oh my! I actually didn't notice that! Thanks so much :O
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17