Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Help? Fursona Opinions/input Helpful.
1 2
[center]Kinda Re-use Of Thread? I have My fursona I am slowly developing, Slowly. I have a wonderful piece of art by @maranak ! Its a inspector gadget theamed piece haha ah and i love it. [img]http://i.imgur.com/qiQOCxx.png[/img] The only difference is the horns and a ear marking plus the horns he paints gold ! This is my art below. [img]http://i.imgur.com/QGOWAVX.png [/img] The other drawing i did is shown later down in the thread, take a look. But anyway i wanted to ask, what comes across when you look at this fursona? What do you think his personality is? What would you rate him so far?
Kinda Re-use Of Thread?
I have My fursona I am slowly developing, Slowly.

I have a wonderful piece of art by @maranak ! Its a inspector gadget theamed piece haha ah and i love it.

qiQOCxx.png

The only difference is the horns and a ear marking plus the horns he paints gold ! This is my art below.

QGOWAVX.png

The other drawing i did is shown later down in the thread, take a look.
But anyway i wanted to ask, what comes across when you look at this fursona? What do you think his personality is? What would you rate him so far?
@theravensheflys
Your anatomy is good!! As for a color palette, what kind of theme are you trying to achieve with your fursona? Do you like bright colors or dark? Does your fursona have skin/fur?

Assuming that your fursona has skin/fur, I personally think that a dark red would look better when paired with the gold accent you have in mind, and the lighter bits could be a more fleshy color instead of just plain white. The darker colors would allow the horns/stitches/nose/etc. to "pop" more and bring attention to the face of your character.

On the other hand, if your character is completely skinless (like the colossal titan from AoT), then your current color scheme is good. :>
@theravensheflys
Your anatomy is good!! As for a color palette, what kind of theme are you trying to achieve with your fursona? Do you like bright colors or dark? Does your fursona have skin/fur?

Assuming that your fursona has skin/fur, I personally think that a dark red would look better when paired with the gold accent you have in mind, and the lighter bits could be a more fleshy color instead of just plain white. The darker colors would allow the horns/stitches/nose/etc. to "pop" more and bring attention to the face of your character.

On the other hand, if your character is completely skinless (like the colossal titan from AoT), then your current color scheme is good. :>
@theravensheflys

The design is definitely promising so far. :)

As for improvements, have you thought of making the white on the sides a bit more symmetrical? I've seen a ton of fursonas with light colored bellies, but not a lot of fursonas with white sides and darker bellies. It could be a really cool effect.

I wouldn't worry too much about the anatomy either. You're simply figuring out the design for now, so the drawing doesn't have to be perfect or anything. Its better to work quicker so you can quickly edit the design, versus spending a bunch of time getting the drawing perfect.
@theravensheflys

The design is definitely promising so far. :)

As for improvements, have you thought of making the white on the sides a bit more symmetrical? I've seen a ton of fursonas with light colored bellies, but not a lot of fursonas with white sides and darker bellies. It could be a really cool effect.

I wouldn't worry too much about the anatomy either. You're simply figuring out the design for now, so the drawing doesn't have to be perfect or anything. Its better to work quicker so you can quickly edit the design, versus spending a bunch of time getting the drawing perfect.
@maranak Thank you, Anatomy is one of my less stronger traits. I never really had a theme but i have quite a good grip on the personality. Its more than likely going to be more of a grump so Darker is better than light plus i kinda want it to show he's confident.
He has Fur. I only have Colour pencils and No darker reds But i can try and get darker reds, Do you have any suggestion on what sort of Hex code range? The gold would most likely Only be on his Horns/ nose But agree on drawing attention to the face. Yeah, Do you think more Muted Whites would work? Kinda Hype for Aot new season But yeah Fur not skin.

@AboveClouds thank you ever so much, I've put a lot of love into it so far. I could do that, Thare is a reson its not tough. I have made it unsymmetrical as i feel it represents me more, I have a few medical scars and Scars from when i last got chicken pox and thare no way near symmetrical. I wanted the white spots to represent the flawed skin i have as i am slowly getting more accepting of the marks but id be open to makeing it more symmetrical. Yeah i've noticed but i am worried the a dark sort of belly could be overpowering But once again it could look cool.

Thanks, Yeah this is more concept art than final.
Your input is Really valued.

@maranak Thank you, Anatomy is one of my less stronger traits. I never really had a theme but i have quite a good grip on the personality. Its more than likely going to be more of a grump so Darker is better than light plus i kinda want it to show he's confident.
He has Fur. I only have Colour pencils and No darker reds But i can try and get darker reds, Do you have any suggestion on what sort of Hex code range? The gold would most likely Only be on his Horns/ nose But agree on drawing attention to the face. Yeah, Do you think more Muted Whites would work? Kinda Hype for Aot new season But yeah Fur not skin.

@AboveClouds thank you ever so much, I've put a lot of love into it so far. I could do that, Thare is a reson its not tough. I have made it unsymmetrical as i feel it represents me more, I have a few medical scars and Scars from when i last got chicken pox and thare no way near symmetrical. I wanted the white spots to represent the flawed skin i have as i am slowly getting more accepting of the marks but id be open to makeing it more symmetrical. Yeah i've noticed but i am worried the a dark sort of belly could be overpowering But once again it could look cool.

Thanks, Yeah this is more concept art than final.
Your input is Really valued.

@theravensheflys

Hmmm
For hexcode, perhaps something like #731515 or #9C0E0E? And yes, muted whites would work well with the suggested color scheme. As for colored pencils, maybe try to mix together some red, brown, and orange? As long as you don't press down too hard on the page you should be able to come up with a color you like. :>
@theravensheflys

Hmmm
For hexcode, perhaps something like #731515 or #9C0E0E? And yes, muted whites would work well with the suggested color scheme. As for colored pencils, maybe try to mix together some red, brown, and orange? As long as you don't press down too hard on the page you should be able to come up with a color you like. :>
@theravensheflys [img]http://i.imgur.com/K0yANBf.png[/img] I saw that you had a little trouble with the image, so I hope this helps! Your character is very unique, its a very neat design.
@theravensheflys
K0yANBf.png
I saw that you had a little trouble with the image, so I hope this helps!
Your character is very unique, its a very neat design.
@theravensheflys Wow, your fursona is looking great so far!! I rather like how the white parts aren't symmetrical on either side, as I feel the asymmetric look makes the overall design interesting and maybe even a little cool-sinister (which fits in with his scars or bandages).

Colours are great, I love red to really make an impact and stand out. Red, white, black is a solid colour pallet imo, ad the beige stripes and hones help to balance things out too. You could add another colour if you wanted to, but I wouldn't push for it unless it can tie in well or it's to introduce a new, un-drawn element to your OC.

I would really love to see how you design hands and feet for him, and how you might put the above colours to use on the limb's appearance. Also, would like to know if the hands/feet will have unique features such as rings, scars, bandages, maybes a claw (like Dr Claw??? Muhahaha).

I would actually love to draw a little digital sketch of him sometime :D
@theravensheflys Wow, your fursona is looking great so far!! I rather like how the white parts aren't symmetrical on either side, as I feel the asymmetric look makes the overall design interesting and maybe even a little cool-sinister (which fits in with his scars or bandages).

Colours are great, I love red to really make an impact and stand out. Red, white, black is a solid colour pallet imo, ad the beige stripes and hones help to balance things out too. You could add another colour if you wanted to, but I wouldn't push for it unless it can tie in well or it's to introduce a new, un-drawn element to your OC.

I would really love to see how you design hands and feet for him, and how you might put the above colours to use on the limb's appearance. Also, would like to know if the hands/feet will have unique features such as rings, scars, bandages, maybes a claw (like Dr Claw??? Muhahaha).

I would actually love to draw a little digital sketch of him sometime :D
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
@maranak
They seem alright but i have no clue what`d look like, well at least accurately but ill see if i can find a way to get it done/do it digital But i will certainly try with the coloring pencils. Thank you again for the advice it means a lot and ill make a note of the hex codes.

@SoaringLynx
Thank you, I am happy you like him.

@Sludgy
Thank you ever so much. i was really worried with how he would be received. Yeah, Hes more of a sinister/grump so thats what i was going for. The gold is only gonna be on the horns, I kinda have a headcanon where black but he paints them. May i ask where your seeing beige? so far i have no plans to add that colour but i do understand what your saying. thinking about it being Red/Muted White/touch of black or gray / Gold how does that sound?

Haha ah i would already have that done but i have 0 clue how to draw hands/ feet no matter how hard i've tried. I am thinking of him just Having 2 simple band rings on is right hand. Like this : https://www.instagram.com/p/BRTtYZvB2iL/?taken-by=theravensheflysfree or nah.
Haha ah Now i've got the inspector gadget Theme Song stuck in my head. I think maybe the righ paw could be white and the other red? Idk. Possibly a small badge but most likely not.

I would love for you to draw sometime, I Love getting art plus id love to see how he looks in others style.

@maranak
They seem alright but i have no clue what`d look like, well at least accurately but ill see if i can find a way to get it done/do it digital But i will certainly try with the coloring pencils. Thank you again for the advice it means a lot and ill make a note of the hex codes.

@SoaringLynx
Thank you, I am happy you like him.

@Sludgy
Thank you ever so much. i was really worried with how he would be received. Yeah, Hes more of a sinister/grump so thats what i was going for. The gold is only gonna be on the horns, I kinda have a headcanon where black but he paints them. May i ask where your seeing beige? so far i have no plans to add that colour but i do understand what your saying. thinking about it being Red/Muted White/touch of black or gray / Gold how does that sound?

Haha ah i would already have that done but i have 0 clue how to draw hands/ feet no matter how hard i've tried. I am thinking of him just Having 2 simple band rings on is right hand. Like this : https://www.instagram.com/p/BRTtYZvB2iL/?taken-by=theravensheflysfree or nah.
Haha ah Now i've got the inspector gadget Theme Song stuck in my head. I think maybe the righ paw could be white and the other red? Idk. Possibly a small badge but most likely not.

I would love for you to draw sometime, I Love getting art plus id love to see how he looks in others style.

@theravensheflys drawing hands actually isn't that hard!! All you have to do is sacrifice a unicorn, the blood of a virgin, and some mermaid tears to the great god Yjgskjhrgkesil and then you're good to go!! (In all seriousness, using references helps A TON if you haven't tried them already. [url=http://imgur.com/a/2kJGd]Breaking hands into simpler shapes[/url] helps as well :> ) [quote name="theravensheflys" date=2017-03-06 11:18:33]Haha ah Now i've got the inspector gadget Theme Song stuck in my head.[/quote] please consider: [img]http://i.imgur.com/qiQOCxx.png[/img] [size=1]dododododo INSPECTOR [s]GADGET[/s] RAVEN[/size]
@theravensheflys drawing hands actually isn't that hard!! All you have to do is sacrifice a unicorn, the blood of a virgin, and some mermaid tears to the great god Yjgskjhrgkesil and then you're good to go!!
(In all seriousness, using references helps A TON if you haven't tried them already. Breaking hands into simpler shapes helps as well :> )
theravensheflys wrote on 2017-03-06:
Haha ah Now i've got the inspector gadget Theme Song stuck in my head.
please consider:

qiQOCxx.png

dododododo INSPECTOR GADGET RAVEN
@maranak

Haha ah if only it was that simple, I'll definitely use the tutorial you linked and i really am thankful. i love how you simplified the prosses, its nice. You have No clue how happy I am, Ah i love this! Can the body markings you did Become cannon? You got it perfect really. Its Bringing back fond memories, 10/10 Au. Im smiling so much, would you mind if i post it to TH with credit so i dont lose it? You got the desing perfect. Can i ask one thing, What's the lines Behind the ears? If its his horns His are more like Link so sorry if thats no clear. https://www.instagram.com/p/BRR_9pchyCQ/?taken-by=theravensheflysfree

Ahhh i still can get over it! Do you do commissions?
@maranak

Haha ah if only it was that simple, I'll definitely use the tutorial you linked and i really am thankful. i love how you simplified the prosses, its nice. You have No clue how happy I am, Ah i love this! Can the body markings you did Become cannon? You got it perfect really. Its Bringing back fond memories, 10/10 Au. Im smiling so much, would you mind if i post it to TH with credit so i dont lose it? You got the desing perfect. Can i ask one thing, What's the lines Behind the ears? If its his horns His are more like Link so sorry if thats no clear. https://www.instagram.com/p/BRR_9pchyCQ/?taken-by=theravensheflysfree

Ahhh i still can get over it! Do you do commissions?
1 2