Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of December
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Karika Eeeee too much work!

I am exhausted too but it's just leftover cold. For Christmas I want to be 100% healthy again pls k thx.

And it's almost Christmas so your horrible retail rush is almost over! \o/ And then you can get back to the word mines with the rest of us!

@The13Inquisitor I grind for copper muck and grey slime all year, to use for the festivals, so I had a giant pile of gold muck going into Night of Nocturne. I actually gave up on brewing strange chests, because they're cheap enough to buy out right that I'd rather sell the Baldwin components instead. :/

@Werpwerp Oh wow saving all the chests to open at Christmas is a GREAT IDEA. I'm saving all the chests I get from now on. I can open all the chests I've gotten from familiars on Christmas too!

@MeraHunt Oh, that makes sense. The bio you wrote seems not surreal enough to be in that vein, yeah. At least, that's the association I make with that kind of humor.

I don't have anything new going on except for YAY CHRISTMAS WEEKEND and I don't have to be back at work for three days. \o/ Hopefully I will get over this cold and be able to get some editing done. But for now, I've continued my 4thewords streak for today and I can go take a nap. z_z
@Karika Eeeee too much work!

I am exhausted too but it's just leftover cold. For Christmas I want to be 100% healthy again pls k thx.

And it's almost Christmas so your horrible retail rush is almost over! \o/ And then you can get back to the word mines with the rest of us!

@The13Inquisitor I grind for copper muck and grey slime all year, to use for the festivals, so I had a giant pile of gold muck going into Night of Nocturne. I actually gave up on brewing strange chests, because they're cheap enough to buy out right that I'd rather sell the Baldwin components instead. :/

@Werpwerp Oh wow saving all the chests to open at Christmas is a GREAT IDEA. I'm saving all the chests I get from now on. I can open all the chests I've gotten from familiars on Christmas too!

@MeraHunt Oh, that makes sense. The bio you wrote seems not surreal enough to be in that vein, yeah. At least, that's the association I make with that kind of humor.

I don't have anything new going on except for YAY CHRISTMAS WEEKEND and I don't have to be back at work for three days. \o/ Hopefully I will get over this cold and be able to get some editing done. But for now, I've continued my 4thewords streak for today and I can go take a nap. z_z
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@LadyRowyn

I let it sit for a day before going back to it and realised I was focusing too much on trying to make it the exceedingly outlandish type of crack fiction. So I ended up only editing it little bit and I like it a lot more now. Fast healing to you btw, colds are heck.
@LadyRowyn

I let it sit for a day before going back to it and realised I was focusing too much on trying to make it the exceedingly outlandish type of crack fiction. So I ended up only editing it little bit and I like it a lot more now. Fast healing to you btw, colds are heck.
hANn2C0.gif
@LadyRowyn Oooh, reorganizing by level would be interesting! Except it would put all my dragons basically back the way they were, since my oldest dragons tend to be my favorite and the ones who ended up in the coliseum. So I'd better stick with 'by color' for now. Breed or gender would be a cool possibility, though... It is weird that rearranging them has made me want to write more on their bios. As if they're now hanging out with different groups within the lair. o_O @Karika Soon you will make it past Christmas! Do you have to work post-retail, though? That can be just as bad. Post-holiday sales are so good. I know I attack them myself. @Werpwerp How do you have the discipline not to open all those chests. >.> What was your NaNo project about? :) @NinjaKnightOsc Redwall was good! I haven't seen the other two series you've mentioned. Though I think I have the Wings of Fire series to start, since that package under the Christmas tree looks pretty suspicious. @MeraHunt I am not very good with the 'read out loud' method myself. Though when my voice actors get back to me with the narration of the audiobook editions, they tend to catch cringe-worthy things that not only I missed, but my team of proofreaders as well. Holy embarrassing moly, Batman. -_- [center]***[/center] So as I mentioned, I moved to Nature and they have DOM. And I have an apparel problem. I have spent the last week hovering over the Marketplace, scarfing up stuff, and then frantically brewing and auctioning off stuff to rebuild my treasure so I can buy MORE CLOTHES. It is exhausting but I can't stoooooooooooop >.> This girl is the last hatchling I kept from when I was in Wind: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29315518] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/293156/29315518_350.png[/img] [/url] She just grew up and so I decorated her (SO POOR) and now I am contemplating a bio for her. Any want a bio prompt? :)
@LadyRowyn Oooh, reorganizing by level would be interesting! Except it would put all my dragons basically back the way they were, since my oldest dragons tend to be my favorite and the ones who ended up in the coliseum. So I'd better stick with 'by color' for now. Breed or gender would be a cool possibility, though...

It is weird that rearranging them has made me want to write more on their bios. As if they're now hanging out with different groups within the lair. o_O

@Karika Soon you will make it past Christmas! Do you have to work post-retail, though? That can be just as bad. Post-holiday sales are so good. I know I attack them myself.

@Werpwerp How do you have the discipline not to open all those chests. >.>

What was your NaNo project about? :)

@NinjaKnightOsc Redwall was good! I haven't seen the other two series you've mentioned. Though I think I have the Wings of Fire series to start, since that package under the Christmas tree looks pretty suspicious.

@MeraHunt I am not very good with the 'read out loud' method myself. Though when my voice actors get back to me with the narration of the audiobook editions, they tend to catch cringe-worthy things that not only I missed, but my team of proofreaders as well. Holy embarrassing moly, Batman. -_-

So as I mentioned, I moved to Nature and they have DOM. And I have an apparel problem. I have spent the last week hovering over the Marketplace, scarfing up stuff, and then frantically brewing and auctioning off stuff to rebuild my treasure so I can buy MORE CLOTHES. It is exhausting but I can't stoooooooooooop >.>

This girl is the last hatchling I kept from when I was in Wind:

29315518_350.png

She just grew up and so I decorated her (SO POOR) and now I am contemplating a bio for her.

Any want a bio prompt? :)
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@LadyRowyn Except my extra shifts continue through to the 4th of Jan, so I still have a while to go yet. I'm looking forward to the pay I'll get from this though, it should help out my budgeta lot - and my car repayments are coming up next month XD I hope you are indeed healthy again for christmas! @micahjaguar I work in a supermarket, at least, so after christmas everyone calms down again. It's like, we people can't buy groceries for a single day, and they all panic. It's crazy. New Years Eve will be busy again too, but less so, since most people will be going for the alcohol shops, and we don't sell any. Still, they'll need mixers and snacks and meat for BBQs... It never ends, to be honest. Still, it'll be okay, I've worked there for a long time now, I know exactly what to expect :) What a cute SD you have there :3 --- I've dressed Nightshade up in the holiday apparel myself, and I must say, I like the way he looks in it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28181201] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/281813/28181201_350.png[/img] [/url] But yeah, I don't know if I mentioned or not, but I'm planning on vacationing to shadow after Ice's Gla, end of January, so I'm making preparations for that at the moment, and it's likely when I'll get back into my lore and get all those bios done, too. I was thinking of making a lore thread/document too, story style, with my dragons packing up and moving and what they experience on their shadowy vacation. We'll see. I'll be returning to Ice afterwards though, because despite my little annoyances here, Ice feels like home.
@LadyRowyn
Except my extra shifts continue through to the 4th of Jan, so I still have a while to go yet. I'm looking forward to the pay I'll get from this though, it should help out my budgeta lot - and my car repayments are coming up next month XD

I hope you are indeed healthy again for christmas!

@micahjaguar
I work in a supermarket, at least, so after christmas everyone calms down again. It's like, we people can't buy groceries for a single day, and they all panic. It's crazy. New Years Eve will be busy again too, but less so, since most people will be going for the alcohol shops, and we don't sell any. Still, they'll need mixers and snacks and meat for BBQs... It never ends, to be honest.
Still, it'll be okay, I've worked there for a long time now, I know exactly what to expect :)

What a cute SD you have there :3

---

I've dressed Nightshade up in the holiday apparel myself, and I must say, I like the way he looks in it.

28181201_350.png

But yeah, I don't know if I mentioned or not, but I'm planning on vacationing to shadow after Ice's Gla, end of January, so I'm making preparations for that at the moment, and it's likely when I'll get back into my lore and get all those bios done, too. I was thinking of making a lore thread/document too, story style, with my dragons packing up and moving and what they experience on their shadowy vacation. We'll see.
I'll be returning to Ice afterwards though, because despite my little annoyances here, Ice feels like home.
DmRdZYl.png
@LadyRowyn Right?? I saw the idea in another thread and thought about how genius it was to save all chests, including familiar-given ones. Enjoy your Christmas break!!

@micahjaguar My secret is to immediately send all my chests to my vault where I promptly forget about them. It sometimes works with treasure too, except I'm starting to think I need to buy an apparel bundle before Dom runs out! My NaNo ended up being a high fantasy story about a dwarf who finds herself at a school for magical delinquents where she makes Unlikely Friends, helps overthrow a coup, falls in love with a terrible elf, and finds out a Shocking Truth her aunts have been keeping from her.

Re: that gorgeous Skydancer of yours; for some reason I feel like she enjoys and is enamored by ceremonies and rituals with no notion of what they actually mean. In any case, my jewelry-loving nanny Skydancer is wicked jealous of her bling :P

@Karika Holy wow, Nightshade looks amazing! He almost looks like a masked phantom. If that was your intent, I am incredibly dense haha
@LadyRowyn Right?? I saw the idea in another thread and thought about how genius it was to save all chests, including familiar-given ones. Enjoy your Christmas break!!

@micahjaguar My secret is to immediately send all my chests to my vault where I promptly forget about them. It sometimes works with treasure too, except I'm starting to think I need to buy an apparel bundle before Dom runs out! My NaNo ended up being a high fantasy story about a dwarf who finds herself at a school for magical delinquents where she makes Unlikely Friends, helps overthrow a coup, falls in love with a terrible elf, and finds out a Shocking Truth her aunts have been keeping from her.

Re: that gorgeous Skydancer of yours; for some reason I feel like she enjoys and is enamored by ceremonies and rituals with no notion of what they actually mean. In any case, my jewelry-loving nanny Skydancer is wicked jealous of her bling :P

@Karika Holy wow, Nightshade looks amazing! He almost looks like a masked phantom. If that was your intent, I am incredibly dense haha
@micahjaguar ME I WANT A BIO PROMPT GIVE ME ONE

*ahem*

I think the collars are my favorite part of the new set. So cool!

@Werpwerp I hardly ever open the chests I get from familiars, too.. Let's see ... I've got 64 rusted chests, 19 iron, and 18 gilded. Plus 13 strange chests, since I started saving them. Whee!

@Karika Eeee so much cloth is there still a dragon under all that? XD But Nightshade looks all set for the Shadow move! I hope you have a good time there.

I miss following Micah around, but my dragons are very attached to their library in Light. And I am addicted to having dominance so often. c_c

I should go to bed now, but I just got Rivets up to level 8 so I need to get her sister Rosy to 8 too. Wouldn't be right otherwise.
@micahjaguar ME I WANT A BIO PROMPT GIVE ME ONE

*ahem*

I think the collars are my favorite part of the new set. So cool!

@Werpwerp I hardly ever open the chests I get from familiars, too.. Let's see ... I've got 64 rusted chests, 19 iron, and 18 gilded. Plus 13 strange chests, since I started saving them. Whee!

@Karika Eeee so much cloth is there still a dragon under all that? XD But Nightshade looks all set for the Shadow move! I hope you have a good time there.

I miss following Micah around, but my dragons are very attached to their library in Light. And I am addicted to having dominance so often. c_c

I should go to bed now, but I just got Rivets up to level 8 so I need to get her sister Rosy to 8 too. Wouldn't be right otherwise.
@LadyRowyn A prompt! I had so many choices, but this guy is so debonair! I want to know more about him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28381881] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283819/28381881_350.png[/img] [/url] Also, I discovered most of my choices landed me on dragons that were born from dragons on my lair, which felt self-serving. Lol. I was like 'Wow, that dragon is pretty! Oh right. Because it came out of a lair that shares my visual aesthetic. MINE. *facepalm*' @Karika OOOOH SHADOW. Shadow was fun! A little quiet, but fun! What's your lore reason for moving? @Werpwerp Your NaNo project sounds glorious! No one does dwarf main characters these days. It is sad. (One of my favorite old-style fantasy novels had a dwarf/elf love affair, but it was a TRAGEDY appropriately named DRAGONDOOM so it was... you know. Not your standard romance. It is here: http://amzn.to/2hBShpz ) It is the last day of Nature's DOM discount and I've spent so much money that Rowyn had to send me more money, and I spent all of that too. >.> I REGRET NOTHING. *rolls around in enormous hoard of extra apparel*
@LadyRowyn A prompt! I had so many choices, but this guy is so debonair! I want to know more about him.

28381881_350.png

Also, I discovered most of my choices landed me on dragons that were born from dragons on my lair, which felt self-serving. Lol. I was like 'Wow, that dragon is pretty! Oh right. Because it came out of a lair that shares my visual aesthetic. MINE. *facepalm*'

@Karika OOOOH SHADOW. Shadow was fun! A little quiet, but fun! What's your lore reason for moving?

@Werpwerp Your NaNo project sounds glorious! No one does dwarf main characters these days. It is sad. (One of my favorite old-style fantasy novels had a dwarf/elf love affair, but it was a TRAGEDY appropriately named DRAGONDOOM so it was... you know. Not your standard romance. It is here: http://amzn.to/2hBShpz )

It is the last day of Nature's DOM discount and I've spent so much money that Rowyn had to send me more money, and I spent all of that too. >.>

I REGRET NOTHING.

*rolls around in enormous hoard of extra apparel*
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@Werpwerp

Thank you! I didn't have any particular thing in mind when I dressed him like that, I just noticed the colours would work well and gave it a try, and then liked the results :D
Your NaNo story sounds really awesome! Are you going to work towards editing it and eventually getting it published, now that November is over?

@LadyRowyn

Who needs dragons when you can have pretty piles of cloth! haha
I hope I enjoy shadow too. I'm mostly planning to hoard everything I earn for six months, and then blow 90% of it on Ice dom when I return, because I can't help myself.

Did you end up getting Rosy up to 8 before you fell asleep?

@micahjaguar

Quiet but fun sounds exactly what I need for a while, hehe.
Uhm. Lore reasons, huh? Well, I don't have it set in stone yet, but basically... My clan has had a lot of changes recently, and so many old perma dragons have left, including the one who started it all, so they're feeling a little lost and without direction.

So then one dragon stepped up and tried to help by suggesting that they go to shadow for a while, to get away from all the negativity, but more importantly, to visit the origin of circus in Sornieth, since my clan are circus pirates. They want to see where the circus began, and learn from their greatness, with the hope that when they're ready to return to Ice, they'll have lots of new things to show their audience, and they'll be in a more stable place once more <3

Oh gosh, you spent all your money on apparel? *snigger* well, have fun with that :D

---

Edit.

I almost forgot to say... Merry Christmas! :D
It's the 25th already here in Aussie land, so when it rolls around for you, too, I hope you all have a wonderful day.
(I'm off to have a big lunch with family - save me please haha)
@Werpwerp

Thank you! I didn't have any particular thing in mind when I dressed him like that, I just noticed the colours would work well and gave it a try, and then liked the results :D
Your NaNo story sounds really awesome! Are you going to work towards editing it and eventually getting it published, now that November is over?

@LadyRowyn

Who needs dragons when you can have pretty piles of cloth! haha
I hope I enjoy shadow too. I'm mostly planning to hoard everything I earn for six months, and then blow 90% of it on Ice dom when I return, because I can't help myself.

Did you end up getting Rosy up to 8 before you fell asleep?

@micahjaguar

Quiet but fun sounds exactly what I need for a while, hehe.
Uhm. Lore reasons, huh? Well, I don't have it set in stone yet, but basically... My clan has had a lot of changes recently, and so many old perma dragons have left, including the one who started it all, so they're feeling a little lost and without direction.

So then one dragon stepped up and tried to help by suggesting that they go to shadow for a while, to get away from all the negativity, but more importantly, to visit the origin of circus in Sornieth, since my clan are circus pirates. They want to see where the circus began, and learn from their greatness, with the hope that when they're ready to return to Ice, they'll have lots of new things to show their audience, and they'll be in a more stable place once more <3

Oh gosh, you spent all your money on apparel? *snigger* well, have fun with that :D

---

Edit.

I almost forgot to say... Merry Christmas! :D
It's the 25th already here in Aussie land, so when it rolls around for you, too, I hope you all have a wonderful day.
(I'm off to have a big lunch with family - save me please haha)
DmRdZYl.png
@micahjaguar And for bonus aesthetic points, most of the dragons I got from you are the ones you went "Oh this one is EXTRA PRETTY" about. XD *posts Hiro's bio* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28381881] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283819/28381881_350.png[/img] [/url] ... now I need another bio prompt. /o_o\ @Werpwerp Somehow I forgot to say that your Nano-novel sounds like a lot of fun! I am very curious about how the romance with Terrible Elf went. @Karika I did get Rosy to 8! Last night I had just one adult dragon left in my lair who was below 6 (and she was level 5). Now I have a bunch more because some grew up and I bought some others but I haven't leveled them yet. And one of them is VERY TRAGIC AND BEAUTIFUL and I don't know if I can part with him. I think he will have to be a Christmas Miracle dragon instead. Did you make it through Christmas lunch all right? Merry Christmas! And merry Christmas Eve to all the USians!
@micahjaguar

And for bonus aesthetic points, most of the dragons I got from you are the ones you went "Oh this one is EXTRA PRETTY" about. XD

*posts Hiro's bio*

28381881_350.png

... now I need another bio prompt. /o_o\

@Werpwerp Somehow I forgot to say that your Nano-novel sounds like a lot of fun! I am very curious about how the romance with Terrible Elf went.

@Karika I did get Rosy to 8! Last night I had just one adult dragon left in my lair who was below 6 (and she was level 5).

Now I have a bunch more because some grew up and I bought some others but I haven't leveled them yet. And one of them is VERY TRAGIC AND BEAUTIFUL and I don't know if I can part with him. I think he will have to be a Christmas Miracle dragon instead.

Did you make it through Christmas lunch all right? Merry Christmas! And merry Christmas Eve to all the USians!

Goodness, I have two windows open, lest I miss anything in this thread! :D @Karika If I can polish it, that would be amazing. I think I have to go back and literally re-write entire sections from the ground up because I started the month with "It needs to look good and be infused with detail and I need to be exceedingly proud of it right away" and ended the month with "I need to write this between bouts of chasing my puppy around, no-what-is-that-in-your-mouth-DROP-IT-RIGHT-NOW. I have sections where I've written notes to myself like "There is going to be an amazing sequence right here" and "Insert tons of details later about this setting. Talk about different colored birds perched on fountains!" which, I guess strictly doesn't meet word count, but got the job done. I like your lore for your move! I'm gearing up to move to Ice just as you're moving away. Wouldn't that be funny if my clan moved into your old lairs? Got anything left behind they might sniff out? :P @micahjaguar Ooooooh! I love stories about races that don't get the limelight that often, hence my dwarven MC. I don't know if I can handle tragedy. especially if it's spelled out in all caps like that! Buuuuut I'm a sucker for romances and dragons and such, I may just have to check it out! No regrets, enjoy your clothing! I'm gonna cave and buy a bundle with floating things and headpiece things because I am a SHEEP and it's my "Bye bye birth flight" present. To myself. Yes. Alsoooo if you have a bio prompt in you, I would love one :) @LadyRowyn 18 gilded chests?? Nice!! I have...one gilded chest, two iron chests, 216 rusted chests, [s]and a partridge in a pear tree.[/s] As to the Terrible Elf romance, well, she spends about half the book crushing on/trying to get him to notice her. He's got a bit of an emotional glacier thing going on, and she wants to melt that glacier in the worst way. In addition to being one of Those Elves, he's also pretty prideful of his personal intellect and admittedly immense magical prowess (even though the reason he's there is because he cheated on his exams for a prestigious mage university) , taking himself way too seriously and making everyone else in the group endlessly amused by his ridiculousness. She saves his life twice. Then, after the Big Reveal that ends the first book (my, I'm lofty), he changes his tune about her and inadvertently says things that cause her to school him resoundingly. Like, it's a verbal beatdown of glorious proportions. It also makes her realize that, while he has some merit and has grown as a person, she certainly idealized him far too much and she'll try her best to compartmentalize the feelings she still does have for him so she can do what she's gotta do in the world. At the moment, I don't quite see her pairing off with anyone because she has Things To Do. However, I have managed to hook up my empathic mind-reading con artist with her dreamy elf princess, proving that not all elves are the worst. #notallelves? Who is your tragic and beautiful Christmas miracle?? This guy was mine. *looks at hatch date* Er... early Easter miracle? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12191047] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121911/12191047_350.png[/img] [/url]
Goodness, I have two windows open, lest I miss anything in this thread! :D

@Karika If I can polish it, that would be amazing. I think I have to go back and literally re-write entire sections from the ground up because I started the month with "It needs to look good and be infused with detail and I need to be exceedingly proud of it right away" and ended the month with "I need to write this between bouts of chasing my puppy around, no-what-is-that-in-your-mouth-DROP-IT-RIGHT-NOW. I have sections where I've written notes to myself like "There is going to be an amazing sequence right here" and "Insert tons of details later about this setting. Talk about different colored birds perched on fountains!" which, I guess strictly doesn't meet word count, but got the job done.

I like your lore for your move! I'm gearing up to move to Ice just as you're moving away. Wouldn't that be funny if my clan moved into your old lairs? Got anything left behind they might sniff out? :P

@micahjaguar Ooooooh! I love stories about races that don't get the limelight that often, hence my dwarven MC. I don't know if I can handle tragedy. especially if it's spelled out in all caps like that! Buuuuut I'm a sucker for romances and dragons and such, I may just have to check it out!

No regrets, enjoy your clothing! I'm gonna cave and buy a bundle with floating things and headpiece things because I am a SHEEP and it's my "Bye bye birth flight" present. To myself. Yes. Alsoooo if you have a bio prompt in you, I would love one :)

@LadyRowyn 18 gilded chests?? Nice!! I have...one gilded chest, two iron chests, 216 rusted chests, and a partridge in a pear tree.

As to the Terrible Elf romance, well, she spends about half the book crushing on/trying to get him to notice her. He's got a bit of an emotional glacier thing going on, and she wants to melt that glacier in the worst way. In addition to being one of Those Elves, he's also pretty prideful of his personal intellect and admittedly immense magical prowess (even though the reason he's there is because he cheated on his exams for a prestigious mage university) , taking himself way too seriously and making everyone else in the group endlessly amused by his ridiculousness.

She saves his life twice. Then, after the Big Reveal that ends the first book (my, I'm lofty), he changes his tune about her and inadvertently says things that cause her to school him resoundingly. Like, it's a verbal beatdown of glorious proportions. It also makes her realize that, while he has some merit and has grown as a person, she certainly idealized him far too much and she'll try her best to compartmentalize the feelings she still does have for him so she can do what she's gotta do in the world. At the moment, I don't quite see her pairing off with anyone because she has Things To Do. However, I have managed to hook up my empathic mind-reading con artist with her dreamy elf princess, proving that not all elves are the worst. #notallelves?

Who is your tragic and beautiful Christmas miracle??

This guy was mine. *looks at hatch date* Er... early Easter miracle?

12191047_350.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10