Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of October
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
I've been doing this story on AO3 but I kinda dropped it. Now with the plaguetober art challenge I don't have much time to get back into it. ;-; Anyway, here's a lored-out dragon, my custom progen.[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26931921] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269320/26931921_350.png[/img] [/url]
I've been doing this story on AO3 but I kinda dropped it. Now with the plaguetober art challenge I don't have much time to get back into it. ;-;

Anyway, here's a lored-out dragon, my custom progen.
26931921_350.png
tumblr_oidh0m676N1tv56zio10_250.png
ReignsWrath
She/Her
HS Student
Meme Dealer
In Eternal Fanderg Hell
Wishlist | Free Cauldron | For Sale(G1s and more!)
yx6on7Q.gif
Hi everyone! I've never posted in one of these before, but I realized I want to get to know more writers.

Right now I'm working on an original fantasy manuscript. I am working on the third draft right now, and hoping to find some beta readers who can be really tough on it when the time comes (anyone up to trade?). I'm hoping to either get it picked up by a small lgbtq friendly publisher or self-publish it on Amazon.

I've sort of hit that spot in the editing process where I'm just sick of the story and want to move on to a new project! The fact that nano is coming up makes it even more tempting. But I know I have to stick with it.

I also post fanfic on ao3 sometimes. It can be hard to strike a balance between work and fanfic and original fic, especially since I work full time.
Hi everyone! I've never posted in one of these before, but I realized I want to get to know more writers.

Right now I'm working on an original fantasy manuscript. I am working on the third draft right now, and hoping to find some beta readers who can be really tough on it when the time comes (anyone up to trade?). I'm hoping to either get it picked up by a small lgbtq friendly publisher or self-publish it on Amazon.

I've sort of hit that spot in the editing process where I'm just sick of the story and want to move on to a new project! The fact that nano is coming up makes it even more tempting. But I know I have to stick with it.

I also post fanfic on ao3 sometimes. It can be hard to strike a balance between work and fanfic and original fic, especially since I work full time.
Oh my, it's October already. I guess I better start prepping for NaNo then so that way I can dedicate as much time as possible to writing. Last month was a good month though! Uni really started up but everything has been smooth sailing so far for me. The classes don't feel too difficult and I'm really enjoying them so far. I also (finally) got a job! I mean, it's not much really, it's just a part-time one during the early morning hours but I like it that way (I am not a fan of people, plus all the down time lets me get all my schoolwork done while I'm there). I also now own a single Bogsneak. I bought her as a Guardian before Bogsneaks came out because I liked her colors but I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with her. I've regened her as well, but I still need to get a Bar scroll for her to finish the scry I favored when I was messing with genes. I'm tempted to leave her as is though? Who knows lol [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1525949] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/15260/1525949_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] And I think that's it for my September? I mean, aside from the fact I found this really fantastic show and one of my favourite series [i]finally[/i] has its new season and I've been watching them both. Plus other series that I binged over the summer either have just started, or are just about to start and I am so excited to have so many shows to watch as they progress. I've even picked up a couple more shows that just started and I really like them so far. I love this time of year because of all the shows. ----- @LadyRowyn Congratulations on publishing your book! -throws up confetti- I really like the way the new cover looks! @micahjaguar Happy early birthday! :D and good luck with your next book launch! I'm super tempted to pick up that double Obsidian girl but hahaha -looks at ever shrinking amount of lair space- ...I need to train some dragons and send them off to the Arcanist. And maybe size down my lair again....maybe. @BombSwan Oh dear, that's a bit of a situation. Maybe share it with the person who writes SciFi? Or you can try dabbling in other genres of writing too? It's important to write what you want to though, because that's what makes it fun! @pinkrobotgirl Welcome to the writing group! What's your story about? Ah, I hit those spots a lot (except...it's always in the first draft and I never finish anything <_<;;; ) I have a bad habit of going "Oh, I'll just set this aside for now and I'll pick it back up later." And I do, eventually, but it's not helping with getting anything finished really oops. Maybe someday I'll finish all of these drafts laying around! ----- I wish everyone else good luck on their writing endeavours this month! Both those who are planning out what to write for NaNo, and who are just writing.
Oh my, it's October already. I guess I better start prepping for NaNo then so that way I can dedicate as much time as possible to writing.

Last month was a good month though! Uni really started up but everything has been smooth sailing so far for me. The classes don't feel too difficult and I'm really enjoying them so far. I also (finally) got a job! I mean, it's not much really, it's just a part-time one during the early morning hours but I like it that way (I am not a fan of people, plus all the down time lets me get all my schoolwork done while I'm there).

I also now own a single Bogsneak. I bought her as a Guardian before Bogsneaks came out because I liked her colors but I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with her. I've regened her as well, but I still need to get a Bar scroll for her to finish the scry I favored when I was messing with genes. I'm tempted to leave her as is though? Who knows lol

And I think that's it for my September? I mean, aside from the fact I found this really fantastic show and one of my favourite series finally has its new season and I've been watching them both. Plus other series that I binged over the summer either have just started, or are just about to start and I am so excited to have so many shows to watch as they progress. I've even picked up a couple more shows that just started and I really like them so far. I love this time of year because of all the shows.

@LadyRowyn

Congratulations on publishing your book! -throws up confetti- I really like the way the new cover looks!

@micahjaguar

Happy early birthday! :D and good luck with your next book launch!

I'm super tempted to pick up that double Obsidian girl but hahaha -looks at ever shrinking amount of lair space- ...I need to train some dragons and send them off to the Arcanist. And maybe size down my lair again....maybe.

@BombSwan

Oh dear, that's a bit of a situation. Maybe share it with the person who writes SciFi? Or you can try dabbling in other genres of writing too? It's important to write what you want to though, because that's what makes it fun!

@pinkrobotgirl

Welcome to the writing group! What's your story about?

Ah, I hit those spots a lot (except...it's always in the first draft and I never finish anything <_<;;; ) I have a bad habit of going "Oh, I'll just set this aside for now and I'll pick it back up later." And I do, eventually, but it's not helping with getting anything finished really oops. Maybe someday I'll finish all of these drafts laying around!

I wish everyone else good luck on their writing endeavours this month! Both those who are planning out what to write for NaNo, and who are just writing.
topleftsig.pngtoprightsig.png
bottomleftsig.pngbottomrightsig.png
@TheDragonsQueen

Bogsneak! She looks like a ruthless warrior (red-range thy always does that). I actually like her with the speckle, but speckle/freckle are some of my favorite genes on the site so I'm biased.

I've been brewing eggs since the release and have made a good bit of money from it, but the market is so volatile! I've got one egg I'm hanging on to because I'm seeing if the prices are going to rise at all again. I am so thrilled we got a new breed, even though I don't really like the design personally. Something is better than nothing, in my opinion! I just wish the necks looked a little less...well, you know.

The story is a lesbian fairy tale, more or less! A princess goes to marry Prince Charming except by the time she arrives in his country, he's died in an accident and the next person in line for the throne is his irresponsible younger sister. There's dragons and magic and unicorns. It's honestly a lot of fun, the sort of story I always wished for when I was younger. So we will see what comes of it.
@TheDragonsQueen

Bogsneak! She looks like a ruthless warrior (red-range thy always does that). I actually like her with the speckle, but speckle/freckle are some of my favorite genes on the site so I'm biased.

I've been brewing eggs since the release and have made a good bit of money from it, but the market is so volatile! I've got one egg I'm hanging on to because I'm seeing if the prices are going to rise at all again. I am so thrilled we got a new breed, even though I don't really like the design personally. Something is better than nothing, in my opinion! I just wish the necks looked a little less...well, you know.

The story is a lesbian fairy tale, more or less! A princess goes to marry Prince Charming except by the time she arrives in his country, he's died in an accident and the next person in line for the throne is his irresponsible younger sister. There's dragons and magic and unicorns. It's honestly a lot of fun, the sort of story I always wished for when I was younger. So we will see what comes of it.
Welp, so much for getting most of my dragon's lore done. I got three and a half completed out of 39. Eugh. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8467404] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/84675/8467404.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19577011] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/195771/19577011.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24331959] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/243320/24331959.png[/img] [/url][/columns] @LadyRowyn congrats on publishing!!! @micahjaguar Happy early birthday!
Welp, so much for getting most of my dragon's lore done. I got three and a half completed out of 39. Eugh.

8467404.png

19577011.png

24331959.png

@LadyRowyn

congrats on publishing!!!

@micahjaguar

Happy early birthday!
hANn2C0.gif
@LadyRowyn
Yay, new book! I really liked A Rational Arrangement. I need to catch up and read Further Arrangements.

@SadariEvenstar
I love your avatar and vista! Also, wooo! 6 months!

@micahjaguar
Happy early birthday! Joy's daughters are also descendants of Sadari's Takara! I love Myron. His father is mortified. I've been trying to figure out if I should Boksnek somebody, but I can't figure out who.

Also, for you writers out there, especially self published. I have a cousin-in-law (is that a thing? my husband's cousin?) who wrote a short novel and self published it on amazon. He's been asking about ways to promote it. The story is interesting enough, but it has a lot of grammatical errors. Anyway, what kind of advice can I give him? It is about zombies in college (roughly). Would joining the SFWA been beneficial, you think?
@LadyRowyn
Yay, new book! I really liked A Rational Arrangement. I need to catch up and read Further Arrangements.

@SadariEvenstar
I love your avatar and vista! Also, wooo! 6 months!

@micahjaguar
Happy early birthday! Joy's daughters are also descendants of Sadari's Takara! I love Myron. His father is mortified. I've been trying to figure out if I should Boksnek somebody, but I can't figure out who.

Also, for you writers out there, especially self published. I have a cousin-in-law (is that a thing? my husband's cousin?) who wrote a short novel and self published it on amazon. He's been asking about ways to promote it. The story is interesting enough, but it has a lot of grammatical errors. Anyway, what kind of advice can I give him? It is about zombies in college (roughly). Would joining the SFWA been beneficial, you think?
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
@pinkrobotgirl

I thought the same thing too when I was scrying genes, but honestly I have no idea what her lore will be once I start brainstorming ideas for her. She might be a warrior, but she might be like, the protector of the clan's secret entrance. She could also be a gardener. There's possibilities. I might tie it into her breed change though, but that is for when I reach her lol

I wish I was a high enough level to be brewing scrolls and eggs xD;; I'm almost at level 7 now so I borrowed a cauldron to brew up some scrolls after they were released. But yeah, the market has been pretty volatile as more people brew and sell them and keep lowering the prices to try and outsell the others. But I mean, at least there's a bottom to how low everything will go? I was so excited about the release of the Bogsneak, but I also paid so little attention to Baldwin I didn't realize he was any different until after rollover that night xD;;; I like the way they look, mostly because they remind me of Goanna from Ferngully.

Oh! That does sound like it's fun to write! Good luck on finishing this draft for it!
@pinkrobotgirl

I thought the same thing too when I was scrying genes, but honestly I have no idea what her lore will be once I start brainstorming ideas for her. She might be a warrior, but she might be like, the protector of the clan's secret entrance. She could also be a gardener. There's possibilities. I might tie it into her breed change though, but that is for when I reach her lol

I wish I was a high enough level to be brewing scrolls and eggs xD;; I'm almost at level 7 now so I borrowed a cauldron to brew up some scrolls after they were released. But yeah, the market has been pretty volatile as more people brew and sell them and keep lowering the prices to try and outsell the others. But I mean, at least there's a bottom to how low everything will go? I was so excited about the release of the Bogsneak, but I also paid so little attention to Baldwin I didn't realize he was any different until after rollover that night xD;;; I like the way they look, mostly because they remind me of Goanna from Ferngully.

Oh! That does sound like it's fun to write! Good luck on finishing this draft for it!
topleftsig.pngtoprightsig.png
bottomleftsig.pngbottomrightsig.png
Ack! October already. Where does the time go? Anyway...

Still coli-grinding away. (Must have all the shards...ALL the shards! So I can get stuff before the end of today...) I have figured out that Crystal Pools is the perfect place to both coli-grind for festival loot...AND level dragons at the same time...though that takes longer than higher venues...the point is...multi-tasking!
Ack! October already. Where does the time go? Anyway...

Still coli-grinding away. (Must have all the shards...ALL the shards! So I can get stuff before the end of today...) I have figured out that Crystal Pools is the perfect place to both coli-grind for festival loot...AND level dragons at the same time...though that takes longer than higher venues...the point is...multi-tasking!
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@micahjaguar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@LadyRowyn

Stop these months going so quickly! Nano is right aorund the corner and I have so much to do as an ML, lol

That said...anyone who is looking for a crew to hang with for NaNoWriMo, you can check out our Region - and you would be welcome at any of the online chats!
http://nanowrimo.org/regions/usa-illinois-mchenry-lake-counties

As for me for October, I just finished what I think are the final edits on my short story Apples. Link here to the google doc if anyone wants to double check for me and read a fun Urban Fantasy piece. I could use some more beta readers to tell me what works and what doesn;t....tell me if I am done, lol.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bPLj-zXHJppuHQCzWLxEXrFBs1SZgqHq9ceLyz2zwQ/edit?usp=sharing

AND, so I have to decide what to work on for Nano, and I have to finish these space operas and get epublished before the end of the year, so I guess final edits on them and maybe a new book to start? I waffle.

AND dragons! Of course there must be cute dragons! BUt wind is about to push so I have nothing new. No boggies. :-( No room. SOOOOON I can work on that!

@micahjaguar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@LadyRowyn

Stop these months going so quickly! Nano is right aorund the corner and I have so much to do as an ML, lol

That said...anyone who is looking for a crew to hang with for NaNoWriMo, you can check out our Region - and you would be welcome at any of the online chats!
http://nanowrimo.org/regions/usa-illinois-mchenry-lake-counties

As for me for October, I just finished what I think are the final edits on my short story Apples. Link here to the google doc if anyone wants to double check for me and read a fun Urban Fantasy piece. I could use some more beta readers to tell me what works and what doesn;t....tell me if I am done, lol.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bPLj-zXHJppuHQCzWLxEXrFBs1SZgqHq9ceLyz2zwQ/edit?usp=sharing

AND, so I have to decide what to work on for Nano, and I have to finish these space operas and get epublished before the end of the year, so I guess final edits on them and maybe a new book to start? I waffle.

AND dragons! Of course there must be cute dragons! BUt wind is about to push so I have nothing new. No boggies. :-( No room. SOOOOON I can work on that!

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@paintminion

I took a look at the story, and made a couple small suggested edits in the gdoc since suggestions were enabled--hope that's what you wanted!

One thing I did notice is sometimes you use two spaces after a period, and sometimes only one. The two spaces thing is kind of archaic, but not exactly incorrect. As long as you pick one and stick with it, you should be fine.

I have a few more detailed impressions for you, if you're open to hearing them. :D Hope I helped even a little.
@paintminion

I took a look at the story, and made a couple small suggested edits in the gdoc since suggestions were enabled--hope that's what you wanted!

One thing I did notice is sometimes you use two spaces after a period, and sometimes only one. The two spaces thing is kind of archaic, but not exactly incorrect. As long as you pick one and stick with it, you should be fine.

I have a few more detailed impressions for you, if you're open to hearing them. :D Hope I helped even a little.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21