Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Welcome to Tainted Eden - {Powerlocke}
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90 91
@TaintedEden You know and here I was thinking, hmm, I wonder where Eden is. And hey you're back, wonderful! I hope that 2017 is treating you well so far! Here's a small scry of the new noc boy, gorgeous babe honestly. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=3&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=5&winggene=13&wings=39&auth=f0ccc3c731ade550f20bd7a6721abb3f5765fd2b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Cherub / Butterfly / Underbelly, you can hardly go wrong.
@TaintedEden

You know and here I was thinking, hmm, I wonder where Eden is. And hey you're back, wonderful! I hope that 2017 is treating you well so far!

Here's a small scry of the new noc boy, gorgeous babe honestly.

dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=3&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=5&winggene=13&wings=39&auth=f0ccc3c731ade550f20bd7a6721abb3f5765fd2b&dummyext=prev.png

Cherub / Butterfly / Underbelly, you can hardly go wrong.
nyx2_by_korlleka-daueztk.png
@TaintedEden
*shrieks happily* IT'S BACK!!! And NOTHING HAPPENED!!! It was a nice little introduction to Reda. I can't remember what I initially thought of her...him...I'm gonna settle on him. Anyway, his character was a pleasant surprise. Although, quick question: was he trying to give himself a second horn? Cause my first interpretation of that scene was something completely different and if the lore hadn't flashed through my head a second ago I would have kept thinking that way.

And now I'm babbling again...anyway, I'm glad this is back and I can't WAIT to see what's next. After all, we still have an angry Sweet, Imi and Anzu, healing Maratra's heart, maybe new hatchlings someday *crosses fingers and prays*. So much can happen~
@TaintedEden
*shrieks happily* IT'S BACK!!! And NOTHING HAPPENED!!! It was a nice little introduction to Reda. I can't remember what I initially thought of her...him...I'm gonna settle on him. Anyway, his character was a pleasant surprise. Although, quick question: was he trying to give himself a second horn? Cause my first interpretation of that scene was something completely different and if the lore hadn't flashed through my head a second ago I would have kept thinking that way.

And now I'm babbling again...anyway, I'm glad this is back and I can't WAIT to see what's next. After all, we still have an angry Sweet, Imi and Anzu, healing Maratra's heart, maybe new hatchlings someday *crosses fingers and prays*. So much can happen~
some scrys of the beautiful new noc: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=12&breed=11&element=3&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=39&auth=52b59e5e5d0a77d0bfa46585f83366b5f010e32d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=3&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=10&winggene=6&wings=39&auth=41045311ac81971ca1bb6c317e0b40cc55529c2e&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
some scrys of the beautiful new noc:
dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=12&breed=11&element=3&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=39&auth=52b59e5e5d0a77d0bfa46585f83366b5f010e32d&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=3&gender=0&tert=175&tertgene=10&winggene=6&wings=39&auth=41045311ac81971ca1bb6c317e0b40cc55529c2e&dummyext=prev.png
@taintededen AHHHH H H new update and everyone's alive!!

(I love and support Reda.)

And wow that new noc is adorable, might scry when I'm back from driving classes! But that's a really lucky hatch.
@taintededen AHHHH H H new update and everyone's alive!!

(I love and support Reda.)

And wow that new noc is adorable, might scry when I'm back from driving classes! But that's a really lucky hatch.
MIaB7gw.png
@TaintedEden

Yay! A new year and a new story! Group hug...I missed your story and all the characters.
I'm glad you made it through your hectic end of the year stuff. And welcome back!
@TaintedEden

Yay! A new year and a new story! Group hug...I missed your story and all the characters.
I'm glad you made it through your hectic end of the year stuff. And welcome back!
HzGpUHb.png
@TaintedEden

OOOH THIS NOC. He's gorgeous. How do you always get the best color matches? :D
Did you pick name for Reda, or was it randomly generated? Because it's unisex, if anybody's interested, and it apparently means "satisfied" in arabic oriented languages.
So I would say it's pretty darn fitting. Go Reda! You can do this! Jac dad = best dad (in absence of Skullcrusher and HollowHusband *sniff*)
I have a suspicion that if we could, we would all group-hug you for that "welcome back" shenenigans, with tails and wings and tears and it would be a mess worth of the Shadow Flight (we specialize in cuddle puddles)!

@Silverhame
I was reffering to Rogue 1 line, but I'm glad I cought you by suprise! That's what rogues do :3 Hope is a great name for a dragon, or a clan, or a human, actually;]
@TaintedEden

OOOH THIS NOC. He's gorgeous. How do you always get the best color matches? :D
Did you pick name for Reda, or was it randomly generated? Because it's unisex, if anybody's interested, and it apparently means "satisfied" in arabic oriented languages.
So I would say it's pretty darn fitting. Go Reda! You can do this! Jac dad = best dad (in absence of Skullcrusher and HollowHusband *sniff*)
I have a suspicion that if we could, we would all group-hug you for that "welcome back" shenenigans, with tails and wings and tears and it would be a mess worth of the Shadow Flight (we specialize in cuddle puddles)!

@Silverhame
I was reffering to Rogue 1 line, but I'm glad I cought you by suprise! That's what rogues do :3 Hope is a great name for a dragon, or a clan, or a human, actually;]
ekundayo__by_retroroyalty-dafvpzf.png
[center][size=5]Day 60[/size] [i]Special thanks goes to @wintergreenroses for donating food, @nuttysaladtree for donating familiars, apparel, and a special surprise, @tahwarts for donating apparel and a Nocturne Egg, @Lae for donating familiars and food, @Dreamnorn for donating a breed change scroll, @End3rStorm for donating a wide assortment of things, and @GreyMoth for donating a ton of food and some apparel! I'm honestly floored by all of these wonderful return gifts. :) You guys rock![/i] [item="Banded Ironstone"][/center] Reda took a breath. In, and out. Keeping it slow. Vision was blurred -- confounded tears. Why cry? Being caught wasn't a new thing. But it was always the little things before, wasn't it? It wasn't ever anything as pronounced as trying to give oneself a second horn. Hard to argue with that. Hard to approve of that. After all, Reda was Jac's "little girl." His "daughter." Right? But the way Jac looked back there... it followed the Pearlcatcher as the wind whistled its condolence. Tears were in the Mirror's eyes, just as some met Reda's now. And it didn't take a genius to figure out why. [i]I reckon, in spite of my accomplishments, I'll always be a disappointment.[/i] A rattle of breath and a crunch of leaves. Reda could smell the training grounds, that which rested around the camp between the bestiary and the alchemy clearing. Cutting through the camp wasn't an option. But the training grounds were apparently occupied. Lagoon was there, practicing her routine. She spun her sword around her body and stabbed two dummies to her front and back, decapitating them with a swift and accurate stroke. For a moment in the swing, Reda could feel those cold brown eyes stare into the pearl. Into Ranger. A shudder through the spine. After a small pause, Lagoon twirled her sword in her hand. She turned to face Reda with the inexpressive face she most commonly shared. "Reda." The word came with a heavy breath. The Pearlcatcher took a collecting breath. Lagoon was always there to watch every time Reda bundled up next to Peasley for the night, and the fact that Reda has made no moves on Peasley seems to have eased the purple and green Fae. "How do?" "Practicing," came her monotone reply. "I must be fit to protect us when the inevitable shadows return." Reda took a deep breath and rolled his eyes a bit. [i]What a daggum pessimist.[/i] "For Peasley?" "For the Clan of Hope," Lagoon corrected coolly, sending the sword reeling into the air and gashing through the heart of a suspended dummy. She did a quick roll and caught it just before it hit the ground. "The spirits are quiet, but they will return. I am certain it will happen, just as I am certain that the sun will always set to make way for the night." "Lagoon is right." Reda jolted a bit and looked up at the new voice. Sweet came out from hiding behind a tree, slinging one leg over the other as she leaned up against the trunk in the higher branches. "When good lets its guard down, evil will be sure to take [i]advantage[/i] of that [i]opportunity.[/i]" She glared in a way Reda had half a mind to call 'indicatively' at Lagoon. The other Fae didn't even blink. "Exactly." Sweet's expression soured. "Hey, Lagoon," she crowed. As she spoke, she tore a small twig off of the tree and began to crush it into small, brittle pieces in her palms. "What was that thing you like to say about striking down the enemy?" Lagoon didn't look in Sweet's direction. Her eyes were locked on Reda, and her voice somehow grew colder. "Be fearless. Be precise. Show no mercy. And keep it a surprise." She held up her sword so it could glint in some of the trickling light, and its embossed words glanced across Reda's eyes. She read them aloud in a voice that send tremors through the Pearlcatcher's entire body. "[i]Carpe diem.[/i]" "[i]Carpe diem,[/i]" Sweet echoed, her voice firm as she cracked a new twig with a vicious snap. Reda was less than comfortable. Something about the Faes just didn't sit quite right. Well... except maybe Honeysuckle, if only because he seemed too lazy to actively creep others out and he spent most of the day growing mushrooms and hitting on his mate, anyway. Yeah. He seemed okay. With the assurance that not every Fae in Eden was an utter psycho, Reda nodded and began to move past Lagoon and Sweet with a solemn nod. "Gotcha. Keepin that in mind. Now, if you scuse me, there's somewhere I gotta be." They let Reda go without much of a struggle -- something the Pearlcatcher appreciated. In spite of the weird auras those Faes gave off, the distraction had been somewhat welcoming. The notion of Jac's despair had been set aside, allowing Reda the opportunity to take deep breaths and push aside the undergrowth that led to the alchemy clearing. The first feeling upon the Pearlcatcher's face was one of a smile, for under that fedora those spring green eyes caught sight of the most radiant Bogsneak that ever graced Sornieth. Agnes was there, humming and spread across the alchemy table like an ancient goddess, big and beautiful, her luminous scales glossy and her aqua eyes shimmering. It was as if the Lightweaver herself had passed her glory to every solitary curve upon Agnes's body, and Reda couldn't help but feel awe. This feeling, however, quickly passed when Reda noted who she was posing for. A beet-red Ages was stammering there, fumbling for his potion bottles with his gangly arms, his glasses tilted at an awkward angle and magenta eyes enormous. "B-by the Arcanist himself-- Agnes! What are you doing here? I was just about to--." "Check on those eggs I found?" she whispered, a smirk spreading along her face. Reda caught those words along the breeze and the Pearlcatcher's brows promptly quirked. Agnes sat up, clapping her paws together. "Ooh, Ages, you should've known better than to assume I'd just be cool with you meddling around and trying to incubate them yourself. This kind of thing needs a feminine touch." "I'm sure he's got feminine touch covered," Reda drawled. With a smooth movement, the Pearlcatcher entered the clearing, flicking up the fedora and giving the pair a stoic look. Agnes snorted, cupping her face in her paws, restraining chuckles loudly. Ages bristled instantly, turning a heated glare towards Reda. "Oh, brilliant! Just what we need, another charlatan to squawk about how they know better than the [i]resident alchemist.[/i]" The Mirror smacked a green paw to his face, running it down with a growl. "Believe it or not, Reda, I just so happen to be the only one in this clearing with masculine parts." Reda promptly winced, toes curling and eyes flickering away from their usual collected calmness. Agnes didn't seem to notice at the moment -- she shot Ages a playful smirk and giggled, "You gotta admit, though, that [i]was[/i] pretty funny." The Mirror scowled moodily and crossed his arms with a small mutter. "I do not appreciate jokes at my expense, least of all coming from an intruder on private alchemical matters." "What's so private bout dragon eggs?" Reda asked, standing rigid and firm, paws clenched into fists. "You know what, Reda? I've been wondering the same thing." Before Reda could move, Agnes tugged the Pearlcatcher towards her as she tilted her head at Ages. "Aren't we supposed to share the discovery of more godly eggs to the older dragons of the clan? What's so special about these suckers?" Ages prickled a bit, his eyes landing on the spaces where Reda and Agnes were touching -- and at the spot on Reda's face where a bit of a blush seemed apparent -- and his lips curled to reveal his sharp Mirror teeth. "I'm glad you asked," he answered in a voice that was anything but glad. "You see, the energy signatures of these eggs seem peculiarly linked. It appears that if one hatches now, the other will hatch soon after. It is odd, too, since they seem to be of completely separate species and elements. I wished to study this before their inevitable incubation and integration into the Clan of Hope." "Right," Agnes smirked, gesturing towards the alchemy table. "And exactly how many notes did you manage to make over the past month?" Ages looked over his shoulder. A stack of papers several inches was present, smothered in sketches and scratchy handwriting that only he could understand. After a moment of silence, his ears flattened and his hands fidgeted as he looked to Agnes. His voice was firm. "According to my calculations, at least 160 pages worth." "Mm-hmm." Agnes's eyes bore into him. Reda smirked a little bit. "You scared, Ages?" The Mirror flinched. "What? No. Of course not. Why would I be scared of hatching these eggs. It's not like the hatchlings would imprint on me and think me as their father or anything. No. And I'm particularly not nervous about the notion of raising either or both of them. That would be absurd." Reda and Agnes shared a look. Ages groaned. "Don't say it. I know what you're thinking. Just. Keep it to yourselves." "Denial," Reda chuckled. Ages smacked a fist on the flattened log table. "I [i]said,[/i] don't you dare--." Before he could even attempt his rant, a potion bottle fell over and burst open, ricocheting across the clearing like a hyperactive arrow. Agnes ducked and Reda dodged and Ages got hit squarely in the nose before it crashed upon a thick and gnarled egg, causing it to emit a radiant green glow. With some elastic magic, it rocketed upwards towards the sky, ripping through the canopy and sending a shower of leaves scattering in the clearing. "Holy [i]crap![/i]" Agnes screamed. "I can't fly that well-- Reda!" She didn't need to ask. A firm frown crossed the Pearlcatcher's brow. A lunge and a flap and Reda was soaring into the sky, feeling the ghosts of Eden claw and bite and try to yank Reda down. Though this had never happened in this waking lifetime, something about all this struck Reda as familiar, a memory playing somewhere in the breeze. The egg was becoming out of reach. [i]By the mighty Windsinger, I could use me an updraft.[/i] Through determination, those palms glowed and those wings glowed, the blue splattering with markings like cloud. A final push of wind blew Reda up, and up, and up, until at last the egg was clutched victoriously. As the Pearlcatcher was torn back into the abyss, its thick surface hatched... [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29770774] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297708/29770774_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A small Nocturne stretched as Reda stuck the landing, skidding on the ground and keeping the little one safe. The hatchling giggled, his voice squeaking as he began to play with Reda's whiskers. Agnes rushed over to the Pearlcatcher immediately. "Reda! Reda, are you okay?" Before the Pearlcatcher could respond, another crack was heard. From where Ages sat dazed, a Water egg trembled and glowed, as if signaled by the Wind Nocturne's laugh. With a violent [i]crack[/i] its own shell burst open, revealing a small and chubby baby Snapper. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29790600] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297907/29790600_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] He burbled, shaking off an eggshell that stuck to his head, and locked his big, deep blue eyes onto Ages. The Mirror yeeked, backing away as the little Snapper began to crawl towards him. "N-now, now, easy there," Ages stammered, his tail between his legs. "I'm not your mother. I am merely--." The Snapper did a toppling lunge and clung to Ages's arms. A little whimper emerged from his throat and he looked up at him with something like hope. Ages swallowed. Reda smirked as the little Nocturne began tying the whiskers into butterfly knots. "We're doomed, huh, Ages?" "Oh, be quiet," the Mirror muttered, hugging the Snapper with a defeated pout. Agnes looked like she was containing squeals. At that moment, the rest of the Clan of Hope emerged from the bushes, headed by a wide-eyed and nervous Jac. "Reda!" he called, his eyes locking immediately onto the Pearlcatcher. "I have to tell you something right now, I...." He trailed off at the sight of two new, markless hatchlings cuddling with who were undoubtedly going to become their respective adoptive parents. Price leaned forward off of Doshima's snout and beamed. "Aww, look! These boys have found boys of their own." Ages squeaked as the Snapper sat on and promptly crushed one of his hind paws. Reda, meanwhile, looked on at the clan with wide eyes. The Pearlcatcher stood up with the Nocturne cuddled by the fedora, eyes searching the Clan of Hope. "Pardon?" At that, Jac melted. He looked to his baby with teary eyes and lunged forward, tugging Reda into a hug. The Pearlcatcher grunted, evidently a bit awkward in Jac's arms, but then the Mirror began to speak. "Reda -- n-now, Reda, listen to me..." he looked up towards the Pearlcatcher with big, watery aqua eyes. "...Y-you're going to make a great dad, all right? I just know it." Reda's breath hitched. His eyes watered for the second time that day -- a new record for him -- and after gazing into his father's eyes, he looked up to see the eyes of the rest of the clan. At their tenderness and support, a shaky smile spread on Reda's face. "Thanks, Dad," he murmured, finally hugging Jac back. "I'll've learned from the best." The clan let out a collective "aww," curling in on Reda and Jac in a big group hug. With a small squeak, the little Nocturne shook around, excitable and grinning at everyone who so much as looked his way. With a small chuckle, Reda pulled the Nocturne down so that he could join the hug, too. "I promise," he murmured, "that I'm gonna teach little Lacewing all I know." "Oy!" Ages squawked, shoved onto the ground and wheezing under a the playful little Snapper. "I could use a little support too, you know!" With a slight roll to her eyes, Agnes moved forward and picked up the Snapper in her arms, cooing at it. "Don't mind your papa, Humphrey. He's just a big know-it-all whiner who wants attention, yes he does!" The Snapper squeaked, hugging her finger as best he could. "Excuse me?!" Ages stood up, cracking his back a little and approaching Agnes with a pout. "Since when is his name Humphrey?" "Since right now." She turned her face back to the Snapper. "And he really, really, really likes it, yes he does!" Reda blinked, a smirk spreading across his face. "Ey, Agnes," he called. "Wanna help me give lil Lacewing a romp around the swamp?" Agnes smiled, holding Humphrey out to Ages. "Would I ever!" A broad and sparkling smile spread on her face. "Reda, hun, I can just see that you're going to be an incredible father." With a slight bristle, Ages picked up Humphrey, who gurgled happily in his arms. "Oh, please. He wouldn't know the first thing about parenthood. I, however, believe with enough research and dedication, I can achieve perfect--." Humphrey blasted water in his face. Ages coughed. And the Clan of Hope erupted with laughter. [center][item="Secondary Gene: Paint"][item="Unhatched Water Egg"][item="Breed Change: Snapper"] [size=2]I received so many other items that it would have formed a massive wall! I'll be posting them separately with their respective donators for the sake of keeping this update as organized as possible. :) I'll also be replying to the wonderful PMs you all sent me sometime after this is posted, and the other donations will be woven into the story on a day where no new dragons are introduced. I hope you understand![/size][/center] [i]These were the big donations for today's post! The Paint gene for Reda was from @InHeritent, the Water Egg was from [b]nuttysaladtree[/b], and the Snapper Scroll was from [b]Dreamnorn[/b]. This means that, much like Reda is our first Pearlcatcher and our first breed-changed first gen, Humphrey will be our first Snapper and our second breed-changed first gen! As always, though, the one who donated the egg gets first dibs on the donated dragon if it dies. Another big donation I received was a Nocturne Egg from [b]tahwarts[/b], which I will not be hatching yet. I have a great story idea for how to incorporate it, and such an idea would most likely take place in a time after Lacewing or Humphrey has fallen. But never fear! The egg is lurking, waiting, and one way I'm sure we'll see what majesty lies within.... Speaking of Lacewing and Humphrey, if I'm to get a battle prompt and Reda is somehow involved, I will reroll for his spot. I feel like I'd want these three to be a trio at least until they get up closer to the other dragons' levels. :) [b]@NyxHeart:[/b] Ahh, thank you! :D It's great to be back! And aww, that's an amazing scry for Lacewing! I love how the Butterfly brings in more purple. ^^ [b]@Delmaria:[/b] Your excitement is spreading to me. XD Yes, he was definitely trying to put on a second horn! I'm sorry that wasn't very clear. I may go back and edit it for clarity later today! And yep, quite a bit is geared up and just waiting for its time to happen and resolve... [s]or get worse, depending on the RNG's mood[/s]. Fingers crossed! [b]@Elzerei:[/b] Those are both so lovely! ;w; I'm not even the biggest fan of Ripple and Current but Lacewing pulls them off very well. Thank you for sharing these! [b]tahwarts:[/b] Yep, everyone is doing well! :D Reda would be happy to hear you love and support him! If you have time to scry, of course, I'd love to see what you come up with for Lacewing -- and for Humphrey, too, if you're open to it! ^^ (Good luck with your driving lessons, by the way. Mine made me so nervous, haha.) [b]@fairyhalo:[/b] Group hug! ^^ Aww, thank you! I'm really happy to be back (and to be through with those atrocious finals). :D I hope that the story is as good as you remember it being and that the characters will continue to make you smile! [b]GreyMoth:[/b] I don't know! But hey -- it looks like Humphrey will probably be some trouble to gene. XD I have no idea what to do with this little butterball. Reda's name was randomly generated, and I'm kind of amazed at how well it fits his character! And now he's going to join the Dad Ranks along with Ages, w hich should be interesting. XD That sounds like the best group hug ever... and you're darn right! The Shadow Flight is made for cuddle puddles. :D [/i][size=1]@Meonox @Silverhame @Whimzica @PaintedLiger @Achi @OverTheWolf @221bdisneystreet @Deathwolf555 @Skyeset @Ambrose @ScienceGal8 @Abysea @softbun @Amerigland @Shanuuk @Purpleberries @Tempestuous[/size]
Day 60

Special thanks goes to @wintergreenroses for donating food, @nuttysaladtree for donating familiars, apparel, and a special surprise, @tahwarts for donating apparel and a Nocturne Egg, @Lae for donating familiars and food, @Dreamnorn for donating a breed change scroll, @End3rStorm for donating a wide assortment of things, and @GreyMoth for donating a ton of food and some apparel! I'm honestly floored by all of these wonderful return gifts. :) You guys rock!

Banded Ironstone

Reda took a breath. In, and out. Keeping it slow. Vision was blurred -- confounded tears. Why cry? Being caught wasn't a new thing. But it was always the little things before, wasn't it? It wasn't ever anything as pronounced as trying to give oneself a second horn. Hard to argue with that. Hard to approve of that. After all, Reda was Jac's "little girl." His "daughter." Right?

But the way Jac looked back there... it followed the Pearlcatcher as the wind whistled its condolence. Tears were in the Mirror's eyes, just as some met Reda's now. And it didn't take a genius to figure out why.

I reckon, in spite of my accomplishments, I'll always be a disappointment.

A rattle of breath and a crunch of leaves. Reda could smell the training grounds, that which rested around the camp between the bestiary and the alchemy clearing. Cutting through the camp wasn't an option.

But the training grounds were apparently occupied.

Lagoon was there, practicing her routine. She spun her sword around her body and stabbed two dummies to her front and back, decapitating them with a swift and accurate stroke. For a moment in the swing, Reda could feel those cold brown eyes stare into the pearl. Into Ranger. A shudder through the spine.

After a small pause, Lagoon twirled her sword in her hand. She turned to face Reda with the inexpressive face she most commonly shared. "Reda." The word came with a heavy breath.

The Pearlcatcher took a collecting breath. Lagoon was always there to watch every time Reda bundled up next to Peasley for the night, and the fact that Reda has made no moves on Peasley seems to have eased the purple and green Fae. "How do?"

"Practicing," came her monotone reply. "I must be fit to protect us when the inevitable shadows return."

Reda took a deep breath and rolled his eyes a bit. What a daggum pessimist. "For Peasley?"

"For the Clan of Hope," Lagoon corrected coolly, sending the sword reeling into the air and gashing through the heart of a suspended dummy. She did a quick roll and caught it just before it hit the ground. "The spirits are quiet, but they will return. I am certain it will happen, just as I am certain that the sun will always set to make way for the night."

"Lagoon is right." Reda jolted a bit and looked up at the new voice. Sweet came out from hiding behind a tree, slinging one leg over the other as she leaned up against the trunk in the higher branches. "When good lets its guard down, evil will be sure to take advantage of that opportunity."

She glared in a way Reda had half a mind to call 'indicatively' at Lagoon. The other Fae didn't even blink. "Exactly."

Sweet's expression soured. "Hey, Lagoon," she crowed. As she spoke, she tore a small twig off of the tree and began to crush it into small, brittle pieces in her palms. "What was that thing you like to say about striking down the enemy?"

Lagoon didn't look in Sweet's direction. Her eyes were locked on Reda, and her voice somehow grew colder. "Be fearless. Be precise. Show no mercy. And keep it a surprise." She held up her sword so it could glint in some of the trickling light, and its embossed words glanced across Reda's eyes. She read them aloud in a voice that send tremors through the Pearlcatcher's entire body. "Carpe diem."

"Carpe diem," Sweet echoed, her voice firm as she cracked a new twig with a vicious snap.

Reda was less than comfortable. Something about the Faes just didn't sit quite right. Well... except maybe Honeysuckle, if only because he seemed too lazy to actively creep others out and he spent most of the day growing mushrooms and hitting on his mate, anyway. Yeah. He seemed okay.

With the assurance that not every Fae in Eden was an utter psycho, Reda nodded and began to move past Lagoon and Sweet with a solemn nod. "Gotcha. Keepin that in mind. Now, if you scuse me, there's somewhere I gotta be."

They let Reda go without much of a struggle -- something the Pearlcatcher appreciated. In spite of the weird auras those Faes gave off, the distraction had been somewhat welcoming. The notion of Jac's despair had been set aside, allowing Reda the opportunity to take deep breaths and push aside the undergrowth that led to the alchemy clearing.

The first feeling upon the Pearlcatcher's face was one of a smile, for under that fedora those spring green eyes caught sight of the most radiant Bogsneak that ever graced Sornieth. Agnes was there, humming and spread across the alchemy table like an ancient goddess, big and beautiful, her luminous scales glossy and her aqua eyes shimmering. It was as if the Lightweaver herself had passed her glory to every solitary curve upon Agnes's body, and Reda couldn't help but feel awe.

This feeling, however, quickly passed when Reda noted who she was posing for. A beet-red Ages was stammering there, fumbling for his potion bottles with his gangly arms, his glasses tilted at an awkward angle and magenta eyes enormous. "B-by the Arcanist himself-- Agnes! What are you doing here? I was just about to--."

"Check on those eggs I found?" she whispered, a smirk spreading along her face. Reda caught those words along the breeze and the Pearlcatcher's brows promptly quirked. Agnes sat up, clapping her paws together. "Ooh, Ages, you should've known better than to assume I'd just be cool with you meddling around and trying to incubate them yourself. This kind of thing needs a feminine touch."

"I'm sure he's got feminine touch covered," Reda drawled. With a smooth movement, the Pearlcatcher entered the clearing, flicking up the fedora and giving the pair a stoic look.

Agnes snorted, cupping her face in her paws, restraining chuckles loudly. Ages bristled instantly, turning a heated glare towards Reda. "Oh, brilliant! Just what we need, another charlatan to squawk about how they know better than the resident alchemist." The Mirror smacked a green paw to his face, running it down with a growl. "Believe it or not, Reda, I just so happen to be the only one in this clearing with masculine parts."

Reda promptly winced, toes curling and eyes flickering away from their usual collected calmness. Agnes didn't seem to notice at the moment -- she shot Ages a playful smirk and giggled, "You gotta admit, though, that was pretty funny."

The Mirror scowled moodily and crossed his arms with a small mutter. "I do not appreciate jokes at my expense, least of all coming from an intruder on private alchemical matters."

"What's so private bout dragon eggs?" Reda asked, standing rigid and firm, paws clenched into fists.

"You know what, Reda? I've been wondering the same thing." Before Reda could move, Agnes tugged the Pearlcatcher towards her as she tilted her head at Ages. "Aren't we supposed to share the discovery of more godly eggs to the older dragons of the clan? What's so special about these suckers?"

Ages prickled a bit, his eyes landing on the spaces where Reda and Agnes were touching -- and at the spot on Reda's face where a bit of a blush seemed apparent -- and his lips curled to reveal his sharp Mirror teeth. "I'm glad you asked," he answered in a voice that was anything but glad. "You see, the energy signatures of these eggs seem peculiarly linked. It appears that if one hatches now, the other will hatch soon after. It is odd, too, since they seem to be of completely separate species and elements. I wished to study this before their inevitable incubation and integration into the Clan of Hope."

"Right," Agnes smirked, gesturing towards the alchemy table. "And exactly how many notes did you manage to make over the past month?"

Ages looked over his shoulder. A stack of papers several inches was present, smothered in sketches and scratchy handwriting that only he could understand. After a moment of silence, his ears flattened and his hands fidgeted as he looked to Agnes. His voice was firm. "According to my calculations, at least 160 pages worth."

"Mm-hmm." Agnes's eyes bore into him.

Reda smirked a little bit. "You scared, Ages?"

The Mirror flinched. "What? No. Of course not. Why would I be scared of hatching these eggs. It's not like the hatchlings would imprint on me and think me as their father or anything. No. And I'm particularly not nervous about the notion of raising either or both of them. That would be absurd."

Reda and Agnes shared a look.

Ages groaned. "Don't say it. I know what you're thinking. Just. Keep it to yourselves."

"Denial," Reda chuckled.

Ages smacked a fist on the flattened log table. "I said, don't you dare--."

Before he could even attempt his rant, a potion bottle fell over and burst open, ricocheting across the clearing like a hyperactive arrow. Agnes ducked and Reda dodged and Ages got hit squarely in the nose before it crashed upon a thick and gnarled egg, causing it to emit a radiant green glow. With some elastic magic, it rocketed upwards towards the sky, ripping through the canopy and sending a shower of leaves scattering in the clearing.

"Holy crap!" Agnes screamed. "I can't fly that well-- Reda!"

She didn't need to ask. A firm frown crossed the Pearlcatcher's brow. A lunge and a flap and Reda was soaring into the sky, feeling the ghosts of Eden claw and bite and try to yank Reda down. Though this had never happened in this waking lifetime, something about all this struck Reda as familiar, a memory playing somewhere in the breeze. The egg was becoming out of reach.

By the mighty Windsinger, I could use me an updraft.

Through determination, those palms glowed and those wings glowed, the blue splattering with markings like cloud. A final push of wind blew Reda up, and up, and up, until at last the egg was clutched victoriously.

As the Pearlcatcher was torn back into the abyss, its thick surface hatched...

A small Nocturne stretched as Reda stuck the landing, skidding on the ground and keeping the little one safe. The hatchling giggled, his voice squeaking as he began to play with Reda's whiskers. Agnes rushed over to the Pearlcatcher immediately.

"Reda! Reda, are you okay?"

Before the Pearlcatcher could respond, another crack was heard. From where Ages sat dazed, a Water egg trembled and glowed, as if signaled by the Wind Nocturne's laugh. With a violent crack its own shell burst open, revealing a small and chubby baby Snapper.

He burbled, shaking off an eggshell that stuck to his head, and locked his big, deep blue eyes onto Ages. The Mirror yeeked, backing away as the little Snapper began to crawl towards him. "N-now, now, easy there," Ages stammered, his tail between his legs. "I'm not your mother. I am merely--."

The Snapper did a toppling lunge and clung to Ages's arms. A little whimper emerged from his throat and he looked up at him with something like hope. Ages swallowed.

Reda smirked as the little Nocturne began tying the whiskers into butterfly knots. "We're doomed, huh, Ages?"

"Oh, be quiet," the Mirror muttered, hugging the Snapper with a defeated pout.

Agnes looked like she was containing squeals.

At that moment, the rest of the Clan of Hope emerged from the bushes, headed by a wide-eyed and nervous Jac. "Reda!" he called, his eyes locking immediately onto the Pearlcatcher. "I have to tell you something right now, I...."

He trailed off at the sight of two new, markless hatchlings cuddling with who were undoubtedly going to become their respective adoptive parents. Price leaned forward off of Doshima's snout and beamed. "Aww, look! These boys have found boys of their own."

Ages squeaked as the Snapper sat on and promptly crushed one of his hind paws. Reda, meanwhile, looked on at the clan with wide eyes. The Pearlcatcher stood up with the Nocturne cuddled by the fedora, eyes searching the Clan of Hope. "Pardon?"

At that, Jac melted. He looked to his baby with teary eyes and lunged forward, tugging Reda into a hug. The Pearlcatcher grunted, evidently a bit awkward in Jac's arms, but then the Mirror began to speak. "Reda -- n-now, Reda, listen to me..." he looked up towards the Pearlcatcher with big, watery aqua eyes. "...Y-you're going to make a great dad, all right? I just know it."

Reda's breath hitched. His eyes watered for the second time that day -- a new record for him -- and after gazing into his father's eyes, he looked up to see the eyes of the rest of the clan. At their tenderness and support, a shaky smile spread on Reda's face. "Thanks, Dad," he murmured, finally hugging Jac back. "I'll've learned from the best."

The clan let out a collective "aww," curling in on Reda and Jac in a big group hug. With a small squeak, the little Nocturne shook around, excitable and grinning at everyone who so much as looked his way. With a small chuckle, Reda pulled the Nocturne down so that he could join the hug, too. "I promise," he murmured, "that I'm gonna teach little Lacewing all I know."

"Oy!" Ages squawked, shoved onto the ground and wheezing under a the playful little Snapper. "I could use a little support too, you know!"

With a slight roll to her eyes, Agnes moved forward and picked up the Snapper in her arms, cooing at it. "Don't mind your papa, Humphrey. He's just a big know-it-all whiner who wants attention, yes he does!" The Snapper squeaked, hugging her finger as best he could.

"Excuse me?!" Ages stood up, cracking his back a little and approaching Agnes with a pout. "Since when is his name Humphrey?"

"Since right now." She turned her face back to the Snapper. "And he really, really, really likes it, yes he does!"

Reda blinked, a smirk spreading across his face. "Ey, Agnes," he called. "Wanna help me give lil Lacewing a romp around the swamp?"

Agnes smiled, holding Humphrey out to Ages. "Would I ever!" A broad and sparkling smile spread on her face. "Reda, hun, I can just see that you're going to be an incredible father."

With a slight bristle, Ages picked up Humphrey, who gurgled happily in his arms. "Oh, please. He wouldn't know the first thing about parenthood. I, however, believe with enough research and dedication, I can achieve perfect--."

Humphrey blasted water in his face. Ages coughed.

And the Clan of Hope erupted with laughter.

Secondary Gene: Paint Unhatched Water Egg Breed Change: Snapper
I received so many other items that it would have formed a massive wall! I'll be posting them separately with their respective donators for the sake of keeping this update as organized as possible. :) I'll also be replying to the wonderful PMs you all sent me sometime after this is posted, and the other donations will be woven into the story on a day where no new dragons are introduced. I hope you understand!

These were the big donations for today's post! The Paint gene for Reda was from @InHeritent, the Water Egg was from nuttysaladtree, and the Snapper Scroll was from Dreamnorn. This means that, much like Reda is our first Pearlcatcher and our first breed-changed first gen, Humphrey will be our first Snapper and our second breed-changed first gen! As always, though, the one who donated the egg gets first dibs on the donated dragon if it dies.

Another big donation I received was a Nocturne Egg from tahwarts, which I will not be hatching yet. I have a great story idea for how to incorporate it, and such an idea would most likely take place in a time after Lacewing or Humphrey has fallen. But never fear! The egg is lurking, waiting, and one way I'm sure we'll see what majesty lies within....

Speaking of Lacewing and Humphrey, if I'm to get a battle prompt and Reda is somehow involved, I will reroll for his spot. I feel like I'd want these three to be a trio at least until they get up closer to the other dragons' levels. :)

@NyxHeart: Ahh, thank you! :D It's great to be back! And aww, that's an amazing scry for Lacewing! I love how the Butterfly brings in more purple. ^^

@Delmaria: Your excitement is spreading to me. XD Yes, he was definitely trying to put on a second horn! I'm sorry that wasn't very clear. I may go back and edit it for clarity later today! And yep, quite a bit is geared up and just waiting for its time to happen and resolve... or get worse, depending on the RNG's mood. Fingers crossed!

@Elzerei: Those are both so lovely! ;w; I'm not even the biggest fan of Ripple and Current but Lacewing pulls them off very well. Thank you for sharing these!

tahwarts: Yep, everyone is doing well! :D Reda would be happy to hear you love and support him! If you have time to scry, of course, I'd love to see what you come up with for Lacewing -- and for Humphrey, too, if you're open to it! ^^ (Good luck with your driving lessons, by the way. Mine made me so nervous, haha.)

@fairyhalo: Group hug! ^^ Aww, thank you! I'm really happy to be back (and to be through with those atrocious finals). :D I hope that the story is as good as you remember it being and that the characters will continue to make you smile!

GreyMoth: I don't know! But hey -- it looks like Humphrey will probably be some trouble to gene. XD I have no idea what to do with this little butterball. Reda's name was randomly generated, and I'm kind of amazed at how well it fits his character! And now he's going to join the Dad Ranks along with Ages, w hich should be interesting. XD That sounds like the best group hug ever... and you're darn right! The Shadow Flight is made for cuddle puddles. :D

@Meonox @Silverhame @Whimzica @PaintedLiger @Achi @OverTheWolf @221bdisneystreet @Deathwolf555 @Skyeset @Ambrose @ScienceGal8 @Abysea @softbun @Amerigland @Shanuuk @Purpleberries @Tempestuous
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg
@TaintedEden [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=58&bodygene=5&breed=9&element=4&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=15&winggene=6&wings=79&auth=8bc93349cfc65e0d304a6ef6784bb5b5485bf732&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I just love how gloom scales look like metal prostetics! (Well he was fabulous as metallic/alloy, but nodoby is THAT rich) Mostly because I recently became McHanzo shipper (Overwatch characters, the game I love even if I don't play it. Both characters have metal prostetics) But yeah, overall, not an easy one to match^^ The name is awesome though! HIS MAJESTY DUKE HUMPHREY THE FIRST <3 Baby snaps are the cutest. You can have your baby coatls or nocs, give me snappy hatchies for DAYS! This is such a happy day for Reda! I can feel Adam stirring up some crap already ;_; don't you touch my precious fedora boy! Phew, I almost send you a noc egg myself, you'd be drowning in babies! I actually got an arcane egg from scavenging today, and I couldn't believe it for a solid minute :D I hope to get eggs from all flights eventually, so I scavenge randomly in other territories, but always when it happens I'm surprised.
@TaintedEden

dragon?age=1&body=58&bodygene=5&breed=9&element=4&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=15&winggene=6&wings=79&auth=8bc93349cfc65e0d304a6ef6784bb5b5485bf732&dummyext=prev.png

I just love how gloom scales look like metal prostetics! (Well he was fabulous as metallic/alloy, but nodoby is THAT rich) Mostly because I recently became McHanzo shipper (Overwatch characters, the game I love even if I don't play it. Both characters have metal prostetics) But yeah, overall, not an easy one to match^^ The name is awesome though! HIS MAJESTY DUKE HUMPHREY THE FIRST <3
Baby snaps are the cutest. You can have your baby coatls or nocs, give me snappy hatchies for DAYS!

This is such a happy day for Reda! I can feel Adam stirring up some crap already ;_; don't you touch my precious fedora boy!

Phew, I almost send you a noc egg myself, you'd be drowning in babies! I actually got an arcane egg from scavenging today, and I couldn't believe it for a solid minute :D I hope to get eggs from all flights eventually, so I scavenge randomly in other territories, but always when it happens I'm surprised.
ekundayo__by_retroroyalty-dafvpzf.png
[center][size=5]Donation Update[/size][/center] And now, for the big post with a bunch of stuff people have donated as I returned. ;w; I don't know what else to say other than thank you so much! I'm overwhelmed and will be replying to your PMs when I have the chance! You're all amazing!! :D These are listed in chronological order in how I received them. :) [i]As of this point, I will no longer be accepting food donations until the next hiatus, if one is to occur. Thanks again to everyone who sent some![/i] [center]X [size=4]@wintergreenroses[/size] [item="Aer Sprite"][item="Infestation Maggot"][item="Aged Carcass"][item="Ragesquid"][item="Humpback Anglerfish"] [size=4]@nuttysaladtree[/size] [item="Breed Change: Ridgeback"] [i]For someone special once all the Basics are gened.... (Also thanks to @Katsuji!)[/i] [item="Conjurer's Herb Pouch"][item="Conjurer's Staff"][item="Conjurer's Cloak"][item="Conjurer's Cobwebs"][item="Conjurer's Hat"][item="Pyrite Pauldrons"][item="Crumbling Goblin"][item="Spirit Armor"][item="Glowing Globe"][item="Ball-Jointed Bogsneak"][item="Wooden Marionette"][item="Unlikely Alliance"][item="Painted Marionette"][item="Ensorcelled Volume"][item="Animated Statue"][item="Sunsea Pseudo"][item="Bogus Manamonger"][item="Jawlocker"][item="Ectoplasmime"][item="Sunbeam Ursa"][item="Salve Kamaitachi"][item="Masked Harpy"] [size=4]@tahwarts[/size] [item="Unhatched Nocturne Egg"] [i]For a special occasion...[/i] [item="Ghost Flame Candles"][item="Ghost Flame Cloak"][item="Ghost Flame Collar"][item="Ghost Flame Headpiece"][item="Ghost Flame Tail Jewel"][item="Ghost Flame Tail Ribbon"][item="Ghost Flame Wing Ribbon"] [size=4]@Lae[/size] [item="Vulpine Lamp"][item="Living Luminance"][item="Unlikely Alliance"][item="Bush Rat"][item="Cricket"][item="Corycat"][item="Prickly Pear"] [size=4]@End3rStorm[/size] [item="Fire Flower"][item="Redblood Sapper"][item="Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar"][item="Cuckoo"][item="Lakebottom Flounder"][item="Calculating Candelabra"][item="Snarling Mimic"][item="Ghost Flame Headpiece"][item="Brutal Headdress"][item="Minor Health Potion"][item="Scholar"][item="Accent: Engulfing Growths"] [size=4]@GreyMoth[/size] [item="Common Shellbug"][item="Sicklemaw Gar"][item="Redblood Sapper"][item="Blue-Throated Hummingbird"][item="Sorcerer's Cobwebs"][item="Sorcerer's Cloak"][item="Ghost Flame Tail Jewel"]
Donation Update

And now, for the big post with a bunch of stuff people have donated as I returned. ;w; I don't know what else to say other than thank you so much! I'm overwhelmed and will be replying to your PMs when I have the chance! You're all amazing!! :D

These are listed in chronological order in how I received them. :)

As of this point, I will no longer be accepting food donations until the next hiatus, if one is to occur. Thanks again to everyone who sent some!

X

@wintergreenroses

Aer Sprite Infestation Maggot Aged Carcass Ragesquid Humpback Anglerfish

@nuttysaladtree

Breed Change: Ridgeback
For someone special once all the Basics are gened....
(Also thanks to @Katsuji!)

Conjurer's Herb Pouch Conjurer's Staff Conjurer's Cloak Conjurer's Cobwebs Conjurer's Hat Pyrite Pauldrons Crumbling Goblin Spirit Armor Glowing Globe Ball-Jointed Bogsneak Wooden Marionette Unlikely Alliance Painted Marionette Ensorcelled Volume Animated Statue Sunsea Pseudo Bogus Manamonger Jawlocker Ectoplasmime Sunbeam Ursa Salve Kamaitachi Masked Harpy

@tahwarts

Unhatched Nocturne Egg
For a special occasion...

Ghost Flame Candles Ghost Flame Cloak Ghost Flame Collar Ghost Flame Headpiece Ghost Flame Tail Jewel Ghost Flame Tail Ribbon Ghost Flame Wing Ribbon

@Lae

Vulpine Lamp Living Luminance Unlikely Alliance Bush Rat Cricket Corycat Prickly Pear

@End3rStorm

Fire Flower Redblood Sapper Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar Cuckoo Lakebottom Flounder Calculating Candelabra Snarling Mimic Ghost Flame Headpiece Brutal Headdress Minor Health Potion Scholar Accent: Engulfing Growths

@GreyMoth

Common Shellbug Sicklemaw Gar Redblood Sapper Blue-Throated Hummingbird Sorcerer's Cobwebs Sorcerer's Cloak Ghost Flame Tail Jewel
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg
@TaintedEden
D'awwwww....they're so cute!!! Ages as a dad...I'm snickering. But at least Agnes will be around to help him, no matter how much he'll sit there and deny he needs the help. Speaking of her, I was reading about what Reda thought of her and I swear my eyebrow twitched. Great deities I need at least ONE of my ships to be happy and have hatchlings!!!! RNG is a fickle friend, so behave Reda! (I love him, I do, he's just being in the way...)

And the faes are back!!! I am 100% with Reda, they are creepy. Even Honey creeped me out back when he first showed up. Thank goodness Barda managed to get rid of most of that. Still, my day has been made! Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!
@TaintedEden
D'awwwww....they're so cute!!! Ages as a dad...I'm snickering. But at least Agnes will be around to help him, no matter how much he'll sit there and deny he needs the help. Speaking of her, I was reading about what Reda thought of her and I swear my eyebrow twitched. Great deities I need at least ONE of my ships to be happy and have hatchlings!!!! RNG is a fickle friend, so behave Reda! (I love him, I do, he's just being in the way...)

And the faes are back!!! I am 100% with Reda, they are creepy. Even Honey creeped me out back when he first showed up. Thank goodness Barda managed to get rid of most of that. Still, my day has been made! Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90 91