Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Welcome to Tainted Eden - {Powerlocke}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90 91
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/i0jq4Rm.gif[/img] (Gif by @NyxHeart) [size=5]Comments always welcome![/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080139]Table of Contents[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080148]The Living[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080152]The Lost[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080157]Ping List (and Fun Stuff!)[/url][/center] I have joined this website to do a variation of a Pinkerlocke. Freeform games don’t do much for me, so instead I’m giving my dragons a challenge to overcome. I have selected this path because Nuzlocke variants are already my favorite way to play Pokemon, and learning that there were ways to do this on Flight Rising piqued my interest. However, I’m changing up enough rules to make this Pinkerlocke variant its own thing: something I’m going to call a [b][color=red]Powerlocke[/color][/b]. This post contains five sections to the rules: Losing and Gaining Dragons, which will help me when such scenarios come up; Pinkerton’s Influence, which is more or less borrowed from the original Pinkerlocke rules; Powerlocke Exclusives, which details some of the lore specific to this challenge and how it will affect the gameplay; Additional Rules for things that fit none of these other categories; and the Victory Condition. There is also one extra section called Donations and Wishes, which outlines how someone can donate to the dragons of Eden and how this can affect the story (though, of course, any donations at all are completely optional). [center][b][u]Losing and Gaining Dragons:[/u][/b][/center] Dragons that faint in the Coliseum are considered dead and must be exalted. Dragons that reach zero energy through starvation or fleeing from Coliseum fights are also considered dead and must be exalted. [i]An exception will be made if I have to go on hiatus.[/i] My progenitors are staying as “ghosts” and will have a purpose in the lore of my clan, but they do not count as contestants in this challenge and will never be exalted. I will start with the three cheapest, unnamed, triple-gened dragons of different breeds and elements. There must be at least one male and one female so that the possibility of future breeding exists. They will form my first true Coliseum team. My starting budget for my first three AH dragons is 15kt. This can be obtained from the Fairgrounds; any excess from this early phase of the Powerlocke will be deposited until the locke is passed or failed. Receiving a new dragon from the Auction House at any point [i]must fulfill[/i] the following requirements: [list][*]It cannot be from my current Flight. [*]It cannot be named. [*]It must be triple-gened. [*]It must be of the physical gender I have less of in my clan, if applicable. [*]It must be of an element I do not have in my clan, if applicable. [*]It must be of a breed I do not have in my clan, if applicable.* [*]It must be the [i]cheapest[/i] dragon that meets all these requirements.[/list] [size=2]*My progenitors do not count towards this. This is exclusive to contestants.[/size] Any dragons from my home element that will count as contestants in this challenge must be bred out of the current contestants. They cannot be bought from the Auction House. Any new dragons received or hatched must be given the first randomized name from the on-site generator. My progenitors are the obvious exception. If the first randomized name is one that was already used on a dragon, then continue to roll until a completely new one for the challenge has been done. Every bred hatchling will get 1d20 rolled every day while they’re still small. If that die lands on a 1, they are considered dead and are immediately exalted. [i]Note how this is for bred hatchlings, not ones purchased at the Auction House.[/i] [center][b][u]Pinkerton’s Influence:[/u][/b][/center] [b]Food:[/b] This determines how many Coliseum matches I must have on a given day. Plants: 12+ battles Insects: 24+ battles Seafood: 36+ battles Meat: 48+ battles [b]Materials:[/b] I must write an entry in this forum thread that contributes to character development and/or relationships outside of battle. It could be a moment between two characters, a soliloquy, or anything of that sort. [b]Trinkets:[/b] I must flesh out the backstory of a dragon in their bio, replacing the few-sentence character description that will be in all dragon’s bios with something more substantial. This would be going in chronological order by when the dragon entered my clan. [b]Familiars:[/b] I get to breed two dragons together. One of them should be the current alpha (or whomever is eligible and closest to them in the lair, if the current alpha is not RTB); the other dragon can be whoever would be best for them in terms of the plot progression who is also RTB. After they are bred, they must be moved to the back of the lair. Any time the current alpha is bred, they must give up their alpha status to the next available dragon in the lair. [i]Since dragons on a nest cannot be exalted, they are not allowed to fight during the nesting process![/i] If no compatible pairs are RTB, I must find the cheapest set of acceptable hatchlings on the Auction House that are siblings and buy as many of them as I can with my current funds. In order to be acceptable, they must be triple-gened, be not from my home flight, and be of an element I do not have, if applicable; however, they can be of breeds I already have (even if I don’t have at least one of each). If this scenario were to occur, every hatchling featured in this mass-buy must endure the same 1d20 trial that bred hatchlings must face (see previous section) instead of getting the Auction House immunity that comes with a single purchase. [i]In the lore, this will be the equivalent of finding an abandoned nest and bringing the hatchlings home.[/i] [b]Apparel:[/b] I get to purchase a dragon from the Auction House following the limitations listed in the Baseline Rules section of this post. [b]Battle Items:[/b] If there are less than seven contestants, nothing happens. If there are at least seven contestants, then Adam and Eve come in to put these dragons to the test! [list][*]Use an RNG to select a random adult dragon from the lair, excluding Adam and Eve. [*]Adam and Eve accompany this dragon to a randomized venue in the Coliseum that the third dragon is either [i]at or below the level of.[/i] For example, if they are level ten, then they can be sent to the Training Fields, the Woodland Path, the Scorched Forest, or the Sandswept Delta. [*]Adam and Eve can [i]only use[/i] Anticipation or Meditate in these fights. The rest of the combat must be dished by the random dragon brought with them. Fleeing is not allowed. The dragon brought with them must either win the fight alone, or die trying. Adam and Eve fainting has no effect on the outcome, since they are “spirits.” [*]Repeat this process until three separate battles are either won or lost, including the randomization of the contestant and the location.[/list] [center][color=red][b][u]Powerlocke Exclusives:[/u][/b][/color][/center] [i]Tainted Eden[/i] will be a Powerlocke about a grotesque natural environment where the elements are out to destroy dragons. This all-encompassing, horrific enemy is fueled by the Shade-touched souls of the long-lost Adam and Eve, whose bodies were never laid to proper rest in the grounds of what was once a paradise. Now only scattered handfuls of dragons from various Flights remain and all of them are trying their hardest to survive. Unfortunately, cooperation is not always the first manner by which they attempt to solve this dilemma. They know that the one who can grow powerful enough to vanquish these souls will bring the balance back to Tainted Eden, and will become a legend all of their own. So how does this affect gameplay? The lair must be organized in a very specific manner. The general rule is that the oldest contestants are first and the youngest are last. Bred couples go to the “back of the line.” However, there is a twist. Dominance in your lair is separate from Dominance on the site; it will be decided through a random generator, where the Flights you have at least one adult representative for are entered in and the first one generated becomes your personal dominant element of the week. This element gets their representative(s) moved to the front of the lair on Sunday morning, even if they have recently been bred. The order in which they existed in your lair beforehand determines the order they will be lined in when they take this position[b]*[/b]; none of your other dragons move. The first slot with an adult contestant in it will become the [b][color=red]current alpha[/color][/b] of the Powerlocke and will wear a Crown of Bones. They will also become the avatar for this challenge for that time. Any dragons who share the current alpha’s element get to take the week off in terms of Coliseum fights. Whether or not the alpha must fight or not depends on the alpha’s characterization. If the current alpha is bred at any point during their period of dominance, they are moved to the back of the lair with their mate. The next-closest adult dragon then becomes the current alpha and gets the benefits associated with it. If that dragon is [i]not[/i] of the currently-dominant element of the clan, then dragons of the new alpha’s element get to take the remainder of the week off in terms of Coliseum fights instead. [size=2]*For example, if the Ice Flight is selected as the dominant element of the week and you have three Ice dragons in slots 4, 7, and 18, then they are repositioned as follows: the one in the fourth slot is moved to the first slot and becomes the current alpha; the one in the seventh slot takes is moved to the second sot; and the one in the eighteenth slot moves to the third slot.[/size] [center][b][u]Additional Rules:[/u][/b][/center] If I'm too weak to exalt any given dragon, I can give them away for free to someone who has donated. This is a fair compromise, since I would not be receiving their exalt money in exchange for them resurrecting in another person's lair. I can end a winning streak to start with full health in the Coliseum after completing any battle. However, if I feel the need to flee in the middle of one, I must use the fleeing feature and suffer the energy penalty. Gathering turns must be spent on Digging and Scavenging only until the levels for both are maxed out. Until then, food can only be obtained through grinding in the Coliseum or through Pinkerton’s daily giveaway. Using Baldwin, Crim, Swipp, or Tomo to obtain items or money is not allowed. Playing games at the Fairgrounds to obtain money is not allowed. I cannot purchase familiars nor attire from the Auction House. I must either purchase them from the Marketplace or earn them through Pinkerton, the Coliseum, or gathering. However, I can sell any duplicates I get through the Auction House. Since they are only available for one week ever for direct purchase, festival familiars and attire can be bought using the appropriate currencies during the time they are available. Unless any one given item earned in the Coliseum or given by Pinkerton is of particularly high value (worth at least 50k), I can only sell my items via the autosell tool in my hoard. If they are of a high value, they are considered a blessing and can be sold at an appropriate price. Adam and Eve cannot be given familiars. First generation contestants cannot be bred until they are triple-gened. Until then, even if they have no more cooldown left, they will be considered ineligible if a breeding prompt comes up. [center][b][u]Victory Condition:[/u][/b][/center] In order to undo the curse of Tainted Eden, I must get a dragon up to level 25 and have them become the alpha. Once they do, the Powerlocke is over and they will bring order back to their world -- one way or another. [center][b][u]Donations and Wishes:[/u][/b][/center] [i]This section has been added due to a spike in donations, expanding upon what used to be a small stub in the Additional Rules segment of this post.[/i] Even if just one person likes the work I will be putting into this, I’ll be more than content. You are not required to do anything, but donations of just about anything would be highly appreciated. So much so, in fact, that there are only three things I actively request for you to [b]not[/b] donate*: [list][*]Any dragons from your clan. [*]Treasure or gems. [*]Food items.[/list] Anything else is considered fair game. Gene donations would only be going to first generation dragons until they become triple-gened, including my progenitors. Until then, there will only be wishlists (located on their respective profiles) for dragons with Basic genes. Afterwards, fun scry possibilities will be given for other members of the Powerlocke (especially if they have "unfortunate" genes and color combinations), but there is no need to rush anything out for them when 1) it will not affect their breeding and 2) it could hypothetically be covered just as easily with a skin. The process of donation itself can be done through private messages or the Crossroads. When a donation is received, it will be woven into the story at the soonest possible opportunity and -- depending on the context -- can even impact major events in the long-term plot. You may also attach a letter from the members of your clan to your donation, or simply write one on its own! These would be responded to either in that same update or one not long after it by one of the dragons of Eden (including Adam or Eve, if the letter is directed towards them). As with anything in this section, this is also optional. The letters and chests I have received in this way have also usually been given something of note about them (ex: being sticky with gum, covered in glitter, carrying the sounds of gentle laughter until being opened), but once again, this is wholly optional. [quote name="TaintedEden" date=2016-10-19 07:05:31] When you submit a letter [i]with or without donated items attached,[/i] you have the option to notify me that you’d be okay with it not being incorporated into the main story. This, in turn, will allow me the option to reply to it via PM. If I quickly decide that there can be an important piece of character development to be had in response to your letter, then I may still wait to reply to it in the body of the main story; but, if the letter feels more casual, then I will reply to it privately at first, [i]and then post the correspondence on the next mini update.[/i] This way people who enjoy these more casual letters can do so at their leisure, and the work you put into writing the letter won’t be lost to PMs only. If you do not include a specification, then I will incorporate your letter into the story no matter what. [i]This is okay.[/i] As I said, letters (and the attached donations, if applicable) can be important means for character development. So do not feel guilty if you really want to see the characters reply in-story instead of potentially in a PM! I don’t mind! There is another instance where letters will appear in-story no matter what: when I can tell that an attached donation had to be extremely expensive. Such donations would include things which apply permanent cosmetic changes to a dragon (breed scrolls, gene scrolls, scatter scrolls), items that (I’m aware) are found in the gem marketplace, and/or anything else I deem to have probably been quite pricy. These would be given a high priority in any case, but it would be a privilege to weave in any letters included with such generous donations! Letters posted in mini updates can expect to appear [i]after[/i] comment replies and [i]before[/i] the ping list. Donations that were attached to such letters will still appear as soon as possible within the main plot in whatever way I so choose to suit the story. Similarly, donations [i]without[/i] letters will continue to be integrated as usual. [/quote] I would like to publicly note that fanart or drabble-lengthed prose relating to a cast member of [i]Tainted Eden[/i] would be eternally loved (and, of course, will be credited on whatever bios or posts I share it on, if you would allow me to). [size=2]*Because I was asked: in theory, these restrictions could be worked around if someone were to donate things like unhatched dragon eggs or chests containing currency and/or food once opened, though I would never push for such donations to happen. In the interest of keeping this a challenge: if you choose to give me any of these things, please don't donate them en masse. Thank you![/size]
i0jq4Rm.gif
(Gif by @NyxHeart)

Comments always welcome!

Table of Contents / The Living / The Lost / Ping List (and Fun Stuff!)

I have joined this website to do a variation of a Pinkerlocke. Freeform games don’t do much for me, so instead I’m giving my dragons a challenge to overcome. I have selected this path because Nuzlocke variants are already my favorite way to play Pokemon, and learning that there were ways to do this on Flight Rising piqued my interest. However, I’m changing up enough rules to make this Pinkerlocke variant its own thing: something I’m going to call a Powerlocke.

This post contains five sections to the rules: Losing and Gaining Dragons, which will help me when such scenarios come up; Pinkerton’s Influence, which is more or less borrowed from the original Pinkerlocke rules; Powerlocke Exclusives, which details some of the lore specific to this challenge and how it will affect the gameplay; Additional Rules for things that fit none of these other categories; and the Victory Condition. There is also one extra section called Donations and Wishes, which outlines how someone can donate to the dragons of Eden and how this can affect the story (though, of course, any donations at all are completely optional).

Losing and Gaining Dragons:

Dragons that faint in the Coliseum are considered dead and must be exalted.

Dragons that reach zero energy through starvation or fleeing from Coliseum fights are also considered dead and must be exalted. An exception will be made if I have to go on hiatus.

My progenitors are staying as “ghosts” and will have a purpose in the lore of my clan, but they do not count as contestants in this challenge and will never be exalted.

I will start with the three cheapest, unnamed, triple-gened dragons of different breeds and elements. There must be at least one male and one female so that the possibility of future breeding exists. They will form my first true Coliseum team.

My starting budget for my first three AH dragons is 15kt. This can be obtained from the Fairgrounds; any excess from this early phase of the Powerlocke will be deposited until the locke is passed or failed.

Receiving a new dragon from the Auction House at any point must fulfill the following requirements:
  • It cannot be from my current Flight.
  • It cannot be named.
  • It must be triple-gened.
  • It must be of the physical gender I have less of in my clan, if applicable.
  • It must be of an element I do not have in my clan, if applicable.
  • It must be of a breed I do not have in my clan, if applicable.*
  • It must be the cheapest dragon that meets all these requirements.

*My progenitors do not count towards this. This is exclusive to contestants.

Any dragons from my home element that will count as contestants in this challenge must be bred out of the current contestants. They cannot be bought from the Auction House.

Any new dragons received or hatched must be given the first randomized name from the on-site generator. My progenitors are the obvious exception. If the first randomized name is one that was already used on a dragon, then continue to roll until a completely new one for the challenge has been done.

Every bred hatchling will get 1d20 rolled every day while they’re still small. If that die lands on a 1, they are considered dead and are immediately exalted. Note how this is for bred hatchlings, not ones purchased at the Auction House.

Pinkerton’s Influence:

Food: This determines how many Coliseum matches I must have on a given day.

Plants: 12+ battles
Insects: 24+ battles
Seafood: 36+ battles
Meat: 48+ battles

Materials: I must write an entry in this forum thread that contributes to character development and/or relationships outside of battle. It could be a moment between two characters, a soliloquy, or anything of that sort.

Trinkets: I must flesh out the backstory of a dragon in their bio, replacing the few-sentence character description that will be in all dragon’s bios with something more substantial. This would be going in chronological order by when the dragon entered my clan.

Familiars: I get to breed two dragons together. One of them should be the current alpha (or whomever is eligible and closest to them in the lair, if the current alpha is not RTB); the other dragon can be whoever would be best for them in terms of the plot progression who is also RTB. After they are bred, they must be moved to the back of the lair. Any time the current alpha is bred, they must give up their alpha status to the next available dragon in the lair.

Since dragons on a nest cannot be exalted, they are not allowed to fight during the nesting process!

If no compatible pairs are RTB, I must find the cheapest set of acceptable hatchlings on the Auction House that are siblings and buy as many of them as I can with my current funds. In order to be acceptable, they must be triple-gened, be not from my home flight, and be of an element I do not have, if applicable; however, they can be of breeds I already have (even if I don’t have at least one of each). If this scenario were to occur, every hatchling featured in this mass-buy must endure the same 1d20 trial that bred hatchlings must face (see previous section) instead of getting the Auction House immunity that comes with a single purchase. In the lore, this will be the equivalent of finding an abandoned nest and bringing the hatchlings home.

Apparel: I get to purchase a dragon from the Auction House following the limitations listed in the Baseline Rules section of this post.

Battle Items: If there are less than seven contestants, nothing happens. If there are at least seven contestants, then Adam and Eve come in to put these dragons to the test!
  • Use an RNG to select a random adult dragon from the lair, excluding Adam and Eve.
  • Adam and Eve accompany this dragon to a randomized venue in the Coliseum that the third dragon is either at or below the level of. For example, if they are level ten, then they can be sent to the Training Fields, the Woodland Path, the Scorched Forest, or the Sandswept Delta.
  • Adam and Eve can only use Anticipation or Meditate in these fights. The rest of the combat must be dished by the random dragon brought with them. Fleeing is not allowed. The dragon brought with them must either win the fight alone, or die trying. Adam and Eve fainting has no effect on the outcome, since they are “spirits.”
  • Repeat this process until three separate battles are either won or lost, including the randomization of the contestant and the location.

Powerlocke Exclusives:

Tainted Eden will be a Powerlocke about a grotesque natural environment where the elements are out to destroy dragons. This all-encompassing, horrific enemy is fueled by the Shade-touched souls of the long-lost Adam and Eve, whose bodies were never laid to proper rest in the grounds of what was once a paradise. Now only scattered handfuls of dragons from various Flights remain and all of them are trying their hardest to survive. Unfortunately, cooperation is not always the first manner by which they attempt to solve this dilemma. They know that the one who can grow powerful enough to vanquish these souls will bring the balance back to Tainted Eden, and will become a legend all of their own.

So how does this affect gameplay?

The lair must be organized in a very specific manner. The general rule is that the oldest contestants are first and the youngest are last. Bred couples go to the “back of the line.” However, there is a twist.

Dominance in your lair is separate from Dominance on the site; it will be decided through a random generator, where the Flights you have at least one adult representative for are entered in and the first one generated becomes your personal dominant element of the week. This element gets their representative(s) moved to the front of the lair on Sunday morning, even if they have recently been bred. The order in which they existed in your lair beforehand determines the order they will be lined in when they take this position*; none of your other dragons move. The first slot with an adult contestant in it will become the current alpha of the Powerlocke and will wear a Crown of Bones. They will also become the avatar for this challenge for that time. Any dragons who share the current alpha’s element get to take the week off in terms of Coliseum fights. Whether or not the alpha must fight or not depends on the alpha’s characterization.

If the current alpha is bred at any point during their period of dominance, they are moved to the back of the lair with their mate. The next-closest adult dragon then becomes the current alpha and gets the benefits associated with it. If that dragon is not of the currently-dominant element of the clan, then dragons of the new alpha’s element get to take the remainder of the week off in terms of Coliseum fights instead.

*For example, if the Ice Flight is selected as the dominant element of the week and you have three Ice dragons in slots 4, 7, and 18, then they are repositioned as follows: the one in the fourth slot is moved to the first slot and becomes the current alpha; the one in the seventh slot takes is moved to the second sot; and the one in the eighteenth slot moves to the third slot.

Additional Rules:

If I'm too weak to exalt any given dragon, I can give them away for free to someone who has donated. This is a fair compromise, since I would not be receiving their exalt money in exchange for them resurrecting in another person's lair.

I can end a winning streak to start with full health in the Coliseum after completing any battle. However, if I feel the need to flee in the middle of one, I must use the fleeing feature and suffer the energy penalty.

Gathering turns must be spent on Digging and Scavenging only until the levels for both are maxed out. Until then, food can only be obtained through grinding in the Coliseum or through Pinkerton’s daily giveaway.

Using Baldwin, Crim, Swipp, or Tomo to obtain items or money is not allowed.

Playing games at the Fairgrounds to obtain money is not allowed.

I cannot purchase familiars nor attire from the Auction House. I must either purchase them from the Marketplace or earn them through Pinkerton, the Coliseum, or gathering. However, I can sell any duplicates I get through the Auction House.

Since they are only available for one week ever for direct purchase, festival familiars and attire can be bought using the appropriate currencies during the time they are available.

Unless any one given item earned in the Coliseum or given by Pinkerton is of particularly high value (worth at least 50k), I can only sell my items via the autosell tool in my hoard. If they are of a high value, they are considered a blessing and can be sold at an appropriate price.

Adam and Eve cannot be given familiars.

First generation contestants cannot be bred until they are triple-gened. Until then, even if they have no more cooldown left, they will be considered ineligible if a breeding prompt comes up.

Victory Condition:

In order to undo the curse of Tainted Eden, I must get a dragon up to level 25 and have them become the alpha. Once they do, the Powerlocke is over and they will bring order back to their world -- one way or another.

Donations and Wishes:

This section has been added due to a spike in donations, expanding upon what used to be a small stub in the Additional Rules segment of this post.

Even if just one person likes the work I will be putting into this, I’ll be more than content. You are not required to do anything, but donations of just about anything would be highly appreciated. So much so, in fact, that there are only three things I actively request for you to not donate*:
  • Any dragons from your clan.
  • Treasure or gems.
  • Food items.

Anything else is considered fair game.

Gene donations would only be going to first generation dragons until they become triple-gened, including my progenitors. Until then, there will only be wishlists (located on their respective profiles) for dragons with Basic genes. Afterwards, fun scry possibilities will be given for other members of the Powerlocke (especially if they have "unfortunate" genes and color combinations), but there is no need to rush anything out for them when 1) it will not affect their breeding and 2) it could hypothetically be covered just as easily with a skin.

The process of donation itself can be done through private messages or the Crossroads.

When a donation is received, it will be woven into the story at the soonest possible opportunity and -- depending on the context -- can even impact major events in the long-term plot.

You may also attach a letter from the members of your clan to your donation, or simply write one on its own! These would be responded to either in that same update or one not long after it by one of the dragons of Eden (including Adam or Eve, if the letter is directed towards them). As with anything in this section, this is also optional.

The letters and chests I have received in this way have also usually been given something of note about them (ex: being sticky with gum, covered in glitter, carrying the sounds of gentle laughter until being opened), but once again, this is wholly optional.

TaintedEden wrote on 2016-10-19:
When you submit a letter with or without donated items attached, you have the option to notify me that you’d be okay with it not being incorporated into the main story. This, in turn, will allow me the option to reply to it via PM. If I quickly decide that there can be an important piece of character development to be had in response to your letter, then I may still wait to reply to it in the body of the main story; but, if the letter feels more casual, then I will reply to it privately at first, and then post the correspondence on the next mini update. This way people who enjoy these more casual letters can do so at their leisure, and the work you put into writing the letter won’t be lost to PMs only.

If you do not include a specification, then I will incorporate your letter into the story no matter what. This is okay. As I said, letters (and the attached donations, if applicable) can be important means for character development. So do not feel guilty if you really want to see the characters reply in-story instead of potentially in a PM! I don’t mind!

There is another instance where letters will appear in-story no matter what: when I can tell that an attached donation had to be extremely expensive. Such donations would include things which apply permanent cosmetic changes to a dragon (breed scrolls, gene scrolls, scatter scrolls), items that (I’m aware) are found in the gem marketplace, and/or anything else I deem to have probably been quite pricy. These would be given a high priority in any case, but it would be a privilege to weave in any letters included with such generous donations!

Letters posted in mini updates can expect to appear after comment replies and before the ping list. Donations that were attached to such letters will still appear as soon as possible within the main plot in whatever way I so choose to suit the story.

Similarly, donations without letters will continue to be integrated as usual.

I would like to publicly note that fanart or drabble-lengthed prose relating to a cast member of Tainted Eden would be eternally loved (and, of course, will be credited on whatever bios or posts I share it on, if you would allow me to).

*Because I was asked: in theory, these restrictions could be worked around if someone were to donate things like unhatched dragon eggs or chests containing currency and/or food once opened, though I would never push for such donations to happen. In the interest of keeping this a challenge: if you choose to give me any of these things, please don't donate them en masse. Thank you!
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg

All official updates to Tainted Eden have their posts linked here in case you wish to pull them all up and read them in order without reading comments along the way. Keep in mind that immediately after an update, this Table of Contents might not have the most recent day.

All official updates to Tainted Eden have their posts linked here in case you wish to pull them all up and read them in order without reading comments along the way. Keep in mind that immediately after an update, this Table of Contents might not have the most recent day.

160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg
[center][size=6]The Living[/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_1954510]Welcome to Tainted Eden[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080139]Table of Contents[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080152]The Lost[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080157]Ping List (and Fun Stuff!)[/url][/center] As of this moment, this is the current cast list for the Tainted Eden Powerlocke. It is listed in order of oldest to most recent contestants and a brief explanation of who they are in a few sentences. Anything more you want to learn about an individual contestant should be looked up in their bio, which may or may not be updated depending on how many trinkets Pinkerton gives me. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26476456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/264765/26476456_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Barda[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/4#post_22208447]Day Six[/url] [size=2]Chocolate Tiger / Camo Spinner / Sunshine Underbelly[/size] [i]Barda is a natural storyteller whose creativity and gregariousness spreads hope and joy for anyone she expresses herself to. But while she has the power to make everyone happy with her stories and songs, she can unwittingly inspire foolhardy optimism which can lead to catastrophic miscalculation. As she matures, only time will tell if she will grow wiser with her otherworldly rhetoric or if her hopeless romanticism will blind her like an intense ray of light.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26725974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/267260/26725974_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Jac[/b] Introduced on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/16#post_22447640]Day 16[/url] [size=2]Violet Cherub / Pearl Peregrine / Ice Smoke[/size] [i]Jac is a dragon with great expectations. He craves to be known as a hero and a legend, to project his image as one of daring bravery and defying all odds. Unfortunately, his true image is one of a no-risks, twitchy coward who can't say no to his adoptive elders. In time, could he grow into the level-headed and heroic dragon he has always dreamed of becoming, or will his constant jittery efforts award him nothing but his premature demise?[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26725976] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/267260/26725976_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Maratra[/b] Introduced on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/16#post_22447640]Day 16[/url] [size=2]Thistle Cherub / Splash Peregrine / Ice Smoke[/size] [i]Maratra is a dragon with no expectations. She labors constantly and bitterly under an emotional burden which manifests twofold: first through the abandonment issues she feels over her biological parents forsaking her nest, and then through the tattered wing which leaves her bound to the earth in spite of her desire to fly. No ones knows if her frequent fantasies of better things will allow her to persevere and survive the troubles of Eden, or if the crushing grip of the real will catalyze a breakdown that would lead to her violent end.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26961594] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269616/26961594_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Honeysuckle[/b] Introduced on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/25#post_22614792]Day 23[/url] [size=2]Ivory Cherub / Mantis Butterfly / Cantaloupe Glimmer[/size] [i]Honeysuckle is the proud owner of the "Most Relaxed Dragon in All Eden" award. Coincidentally, he also owns the "Most Likely to Tick Off a Dragoness" trophy and the "Won't Say More than One Sentence Every Hour" medal. In reality, such distinctions do not exist, but that does not mean that Honeysuckle wouldn't have earned every one of them if they did. Time will tell if his playful and romantic heart will enable him with the strength to carry on and overcome his laziness, or if constant rejections over his curt yet flirtatious advances will sap away his will to fight at all.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27147094] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/271471/27147094_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Doshima[/b] Introduced on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/30#post_22781431]Day 28[/url] [size=2]Blood Crystal / Fire Current / Violet Stained (Had Crackle until [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/77#post_23937290]Day 57[/url])[/size] [i]Doshima knows she's ugly. She knows that dragons turn their eyes away from her and give her backhanded compliments. And she knows that she can't do anything about it, so why bother? Every day, Doshima struggles to maintain a quiet positivity in spite of the echoes of rude words and cruel stares which weigh her down even more than the purple slop which oozes from the cracks in her scales. One can only wait and see if she will find the inner peace necessary to carry on, or if the consequences of her unfortunate appearance will contaminate her inside as well as out.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27301350] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/273014/27301350_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Price[/b] Introduced on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/35#post_22897081]Day 31, Part 2[/url] (Click [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/35#post_22894633]here[/url] for Part 1.) [size=2]Leaf Tiger / Flaxen Eye Spots / Mantis Underbelly[/size] [i]Price is all about popularity, precious objects, and prizes. With a wiggle in his stride and a smirk on his face, he pursues these things like his life depends on it. However, Price comes off as such a massive dweeb that having any of these things is more of the result of his true, dorky nature rather than the confident personality he wishes he could be. But with so much determination in him to paint himself "just so," will Price find out what really matters in time, or will he get so frustrated at all his plans failing that he turns towards darker means?[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27376267] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/273763/27376267_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Ages[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/37#post_22940396]Day 33[/url] [size=2]Cyan Ripple / Ruby Spinner / Swamp Runes[/size] [i]Ages is a dragon born to seek knowledge in history and the sciences. Fueled by a passion for his home and wanting to see it be beautiful again, he spends his days trying to come up with methods to purify Eden while causing as little harm as possible to the dragons, beasts, and spirits who live there. Unfortunately, he also happens to be scatter-brained and is easily distracted by trivial things. If he can get his act together, Eden may once again see sunshine, but if something skews his attention away, he may fall prey to dark forces who wish to use him for their own gains.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27535686] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275357/27535686_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Peasley[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/45#post_23075822]Day 37[/url] [size=2]Beige Tiger / Mantis Spinner / Cantaloupe Underbelly[/size] [i]Though Peasley comes off as a strong, silent type, he is the biggest softie in all of Eden. He has no motivation to talk or fight, and will spend many long hours tending to plants, collecting plant specimens, eating plants, and more. Because of these things, he comes off as dumb and single-minded; this, combined with his frightening size and intimidating exterior, makes him a prime target for manipulation. Time will tell if he can learn how to channel his strength to defend himself from the forces of evil, or if he will let the allure of the dark woods draw him on a far more sinister path.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27535687] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275357/27535687_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Sweet[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/45#post_23075822]Day 37[/url] [size=2]Ivory Tiger / Algae Spinner / Sunset Underbelly[/size] [i]Sweet lives up to her name in many ways. She is determined to ensure that everyone in the Clan of Hope stays happy, believing that such joy is the true path to purifying Eden once and for all. These good intentions, however, are skewed by her perception that the ends justify the means. False promises and white lies are ready at her lips if it is to put another in an illusory state of happiness. If she can curb these tendencies, perhaps Sweet can lead the clan to a new age of peace and joy, but if she can't, then her ability to deceive could prove advantageous to the evils who lurk in Eden.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27683298] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/276833/27683298_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lagoon[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/51#post_23202081]Day 39[/url] [size=2]Fog Skink / Spring Stripes / Peridot Underbelly (Was a Fae until [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/85#post_24839532]Day 62[/url])[/size] [i]Lagoon has an air of quiet creepiness to her which permeates her every action. Her wings are brittle and she almost seems to shamble and stumble wherever she goes, and she has the tendency to get physical when she interacts with others. To make matters stranger, she has an uncanny fascination with claustrophobic conditions and bloodbath battles. Perhaps the dragons of Eden are misreading her, or perhaps everything she appears to be is all too real to comprehend.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27955483] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/279555/27955483_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Agnes[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/62#post_23412195]Day 46[/url] [size=2]Latte Tiger / Denim Eye Spots / Overcast Contour[/size] [i]In short, Agnes is a proud Bogsneak with a can-do attitude. Relentlessly proud and brutally honest, she's always willing to take risks if she feels there's a chance for reward. Her ability to blend in proves her invaluable as a spy, enabling her to explore with little risk of being caught by the Shade-corrupted Beastclans. However, her recklessness in all areas can result in problems. Only time will be able to tell if Agnes's confidence can keep her afloat long enough to cheat death in the depths of Eden.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28653240] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/286533/28653240_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Reda[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/78#post_23948169]Day 58[/url] [size=2]Umber Falcon / Periwinkle Paint / Latte Okapi[/size] [i]Reda the Ranger may look intimidating, but he's one of the most patient and selfless dragons in the entire clan. Quiet but kind, he has a passion for taming wild beasts and though he prefers to spend time in the bestiary, he will tenderly maintain relationships with his friends and offer stoic advice to those who need it. However, underneath his contentment lies deep-rooted insecurity over who he is and what he's meant to be, which could prove to make him easy pickings should the evils of Eden look his way....[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29770774] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297708/29770774_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lacewing[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/81#post_24775235]Day 60[/url] [size=2]Shamrock Basic / Leaf Basic / Nightshade Basic[/size] [i]Lacewing is a dragon with a goofy, positive demeanor whose primary goal is to flirt with every dragoness in Eden, believing that this would make them feel happy in spite of the dark shadows. It's a shame, therefore, that he sucks at it and more often than not has all of his advances turned down. Perhaps in time he will triumph at his goal at bringing joy to the beautiful ladies of his life, but the constant rejection -- with a little push -- may one day give him just the right blend of misery and frustration to serve well under the guidance of the Shade.[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29790600] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297907/29790600_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Humphrey[/b] Hatched on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/81#post_24775235]Day 60[/url] [size=2]Tomato Basic / Mantis Basic / Gloom Scales[/size] [i]The Clan of Hope's most diligent guard, Humphrey channels his insomnia and sturdy physique to bring a sense of security to everyone. His gruff forwardness and bitter attitude makes some dragons uncomfortable to be around him, but those who recognize Humphrey for his heart can tell that his soul is compassionate and he concerns himself closely with the happiness of others. However, self-doubt regarding his inability to fly, his nonopposable paws, and his awkwardness over communicating his feelings gives him an unfortunate weak spot that might one day be taken advantage of.[/i][/center] [center][size=5]Meanwhile, Lurking...[/size=5] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26196750] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261968/26196750_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26196751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261968/26196751_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Hidden away in the corners of Tainted Eden lie two spirits, Adam and Eve, who are as spiteful as they are powerful. As their souls became corrupted, their home began to corrode into the horrid mess it is today. Soon their bodies became nothing but illusions, and now they lurk in the dark, waiting to lure lonesome dragons to their painful, untimely deaths. It is up to the dragons who suffer within Tainted Eden to purge their grisly spirits and restore balance to the once beautiful land.[/i]

As of this moment, this is the current cast list for the Tainted Eden Powerlocke. It is listed in order of oldest to most recent contestants and a brief explanation of who they are in a few sentences. Anything more you want to learn about an individual contestant should be looked up in their bio, which may or may not be updated depending on how many trinkets Pinkerton gives me.

26476456_350.png

Barda
Hatched on Day Six
Chocolate Tiger / Camo Spinner / Sunshine Underbelly

Barda is a natural storyteller whose creativity and gregariousness spreads hope and joy for anyone she expresses herself to. But while she has the power to make everyone happy with her stories and songs, she can unwittingly inspire foolhardy optimism which can lead to catastrophic miscalculation. As she matures, only time will tell if she will grow wiser with her otherworldly rhetoric or if her hopeless romanticism will blind her like an intense ray of light.

26725974_350.png

Jac
Introduced on Day 16
Violet Cherub / Pearl Peregrine / Ice Smoke

Jac is a dragon with great expectations. He craves to be known as a hero and a legend, to project his image as one of daring bravery and defying all odds. Unfortunately, his true image is one of a no-risks, twitchy coward who can't say no to his adoptive elders. In time, could he grow into the level-headed and heroic dragon he has always dreamed of becoming, or will his constant jittery efforts award him nothing but his premature demise?

26725976_350.png

Maratra
Introduced on Day 16
Thistle Cherub / Splash Peregrine / Ice Smoke

Maratra is a dragon with no expectations. She labors constantly and bitterly under an emotional burden which manifests twofold: first through the abandonment issues she feels over her biological parents forsaking her nest, and then through the tattered wing which leaves her bound to the earth in spite of her desire to fly. No ones knows if her frequent fantasies of better things will allow her to persevere and survive the troubles of Eden, or if the crushing grip of the real will catalyze a breakdown that would lead to her violent end.

26961594_350.png

Honeysuckle
Introduced on Day 23
Ivory Cherub / Mantis Butterfly / Cantaloupe Glimmer

Honeysuckle is the proud owner of the "Most Relaxed Dragon in All Eden" award. Coincidentally, he also owns the "Most Likely to Tick Off a Dragoness" trophy and the "Won't Say More than One Sentence Every Hour" medal. In reality, such distinctions do not exist, but that does not mean that Honeysuckle wouldn't have earned every one of them if they did. Time will tell if his playful and romantic heart will enable him with the strength to carry on and overcome his laziness, or if constant rejections over his curt yet flirtatious advances will sap away his will to fight at all.

27147094_350.png

Doshima
Introduced on Day 28
Blood Crystal / Fire Current / Violet Stained
(Had Crackle until Day 57)

Doshima knows she's ugly. She knows that dragons turn their eyes away from her and give her backhanded compliments. And she knows that she can't do anything about it, so why bother? Every day, Doshima struggles to maintain a quiet positivity in spite of the echoes of rude words and cruel stares which weigh her down even more than the purple slop which oozes from the cracks in her scales. One can only wait and see if she will find the inner peace necessary to carry on, or if the consequences of her unfortunate appearance will contaminate her inside as well as out.

27301350_350.png

Price
Introduced on Day 31, Part 2 (Click here for Part 1.)
Leaf Tiger / Flaxen Eye Spots / Mantis Underbelly

Price is all about popularity, precious objects, and prizes. With a wiggle in his stride and a smirk on his face, he pursues these things like his life depends on it. However, Price comes off as such a massive dweeb that having any of these things is more of the result of his true, dorky nature rather than the confident personality he wishes he could be. But with so much determination in him to paint himself "just so," will Price find out what really matters in time, or will he get so frustrated at all his plans failing that he turns towards darker means?

27376267_350.png

Ages
Hatched on Day 33
Cyan Ripple / Ruby Spinner / Swamp Runes

Ages is a dragon born to seek knowledge in history and the sciences. Fueled by a passion for his home and wanting to see it be beautiful again, he spends his days trying to come up with methods to purify Eden while causing as little harm as possible to the dragons, beasts, and spirits who live there. Unfortunately, he also happens to be scatter-brained and is easily distracted by trivial things. If he can get his act together, Eden may once again see sunshine, but if something skews his attention away, he may fall prey to dark forces who wish to use him for their own gains.

27535686_350.png

Peasley
Hatched on Day 37
Beige Tiger / Mantis Spinner / Cantaloupe Underbelly

Though Peasley comes off as a strong, silent type, he is the biggest softie in all of Eden. He has no motivation to talk or fight, and will spend many long hours tending to plants, collecting plant specimens, eating plants, and more. Because of these things, he comes off as dumb and single-minded; this, combined with his frightening size and intimidating exterior, makes him a prime target for manipulation. Time will tell if he can learn how to channel his strength to defend himself from the forces of evil, or if he will let the allure of the dark woods draw him on a far more sinister path.

27535687_350.png

Sweet
Hatched on Day 37
Ivory Tiger / Algae Spinner / Sunset Underbelly

Sweet lives up to her name in many ways. She is determined to ensure that everyone in the Clan of Hope stays happy, believing that such joy is the true path to purifying Eden once and for all. These good intentions, however, are skewed by her perception that the ends justify the means. False promises and white lies are ready at her lips if it is to put another in an illusory state of happiness. If she can curb these tendencies, perhaps Sweet can lead the clan to a new age of peace and joy, but if she can't, then her ability to deceive could prove advantageous to the evils who lurk in Eden.

27683298_350.png

Lagoon
Hatched on Day 39
Fog Skink / Spring Stripes / Peridot Underbelly
(Was a Fae until Day 62)

Lagoon has an air of quiet creepiness to her which permeates her every action. Her wings are brittle and she almost seems to shamble and stumble wherever she goes, and she has the tendency to get physical when she interacts with others. To make matters stranger, she has an uncanny fascination with claustrophobic conditions and bloodbath battles. Perhaps the dragons of Eden are misreading her, or perhaps everything she appears to be is all too real to comprehend.

27955483_350.png

Agnes
Hatched on Day 46
Latte Tiger / Denim Eye Spots / Overcast Contour

In short, Agnes is a proud Bogsneak with a can-do attitude. Relentlessly proud and brutally honest, she's always willing to take risks if she feels there's a chance for reward. Her ability to blend in proves her invaluable as a spy, enabling her to explore with little risk of being caught by the Shade-corrupted Beastclans. However, her recklessness in all areas can result in problems. Only time will be able to tell if Agnes's confidence can keep her afloat long enough to cheat death in the depths of Eden.

28653240_350.png

Reda
Hatched on Day 58
Umber Falcon / Periwinkle Paint / Latte Okapi

Reda the Ranger may look intimidating, but he's one of the most patient and selfless dragons in the entire clan. Quiet but kind, he has a passion for taming wild beasts and though he prefers to spend time in the bestiary, he will tenderly maintain relationships with his friends and offer stoic advice to those who need it. However, underneath his contentment lies deep-rooted insecurity over who he is and what he's meant to be, which could prove to make him easy pickings should the evils of Eden look his way....

29770774_350.png

Lacewing
Hatched on Day 60
Shamrock Basic / Leaf Basic / Nightshade Basic

Lacewing is a dragon with a goofy, positive demeanor whose primary goal is to flirt with every dragoness in Eden, believing that this would make them feel happy in spite of the dark shadows. It's a shame, therefore, that he sucks at it and more often than not has all of his advances turned down. Perhaps in time he will triumph at his goal at bringing joy to the beautiful ladies of his life, but the constant rejection -- with a little push -- may one day give him just the right blend of misery and frustration to serve well under the guidance of the Shade.

29790600_350.png

Humphrey
Hatched on Day 60
Tomato Basic / Mantis Basic / Gloom Scales

The Clan of Hope's most diligent guard, Humphrey channels his insomnia and sturdy physique to bring a sense of security to everyone. His gruff forwardness and bitter attitude makes some dragons uncomfortable to be around him, but those who recognize Humphrey for his heart can tell that his soul is compassionate and he concerns himself closely with the happiness of others. However, self-doubt regarding his inability to fly, his nonopposable paws, and his awkwardness over communicating his feelings gives him an unfortunate weak spot that might one day be taken advantage of.

Meanwhile, Lurking...

26196750_350.png

26196751_350.png

Hidden away in the corners of Tainted Eden lie two spirits, Adam and Eve, who are as spiteful as they are powerful. As their souls became corrupted, their home began to corrode into the horrid mess it is today. Soon their bodies became nothing but illusions, and now they lurk in the dark, waiting to lure lonesome dragons to their painful, untimely deaths.

It is up to the dragons who suffer within Tainted Eden to purge their grisly spirits and restore balance to the once beautiful land.
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg

These are all the dragons who have passed thus far on the quest to bring peace and prosperity to Tainted Eden. Here they lie in this graveyard with their names on tombstones and final sayings to honor their memory. To witness their former bios before exaltation, please visit their grave post, which maintains a record of who they were so that their memory is never truly lost. The link to the records of their first and final moments will be given in each entry, along with a link to their grave post.

Since spoiler tags cannot cover photos, "final photos" will have to be witnessed in a dragon's grave post instead of here.

Battle Casualties: 5

A wanderer passes through Eden, looking for the realms of the fallen. In such a place that was known for being inhospitable, it would have truly taken a hero to have survived in such a dreadful land. But the dead, too, were heroes, he thought -- after all, they were the ones who were brave enough to try to survive Eden to begin with instead of fleeing far, far away like so many others always had.

First, he approaches two mounds -- similar in size, and alike in dignity -- that seem to share a single gravestone:

Skullcrusher and Widow
Here lies the most loyal and truest friends I have ever known. To continue without them is to continue without my wings. I only hope they can forgive me.

Next, he finds himself near a small cluster of stones formed in the shape of a crown against the raised earth. At the head of it was a smooth stone plaque, engraved in a shaky claw, where the following words could be seen:

Pyros
A thinker. A doer. A brother. The best little buddy I could have ever asked for. You did good, my friend. You've earned your place among the great kings of the past.

Afterwards, he comes across a fearful sight: a statue of an Imperial half-submerged in the ground, reaching towards the sky with pain and fear, appearing as if she were gasping for breath. This unnatural construction carries a chilling air, as does its short but terrifying epitaph:

Talstae
Out of my way.

The next grave he comes across is more conventional, but beautiful. It contains a base with an engraved plaque, supporting a statue carved like a star and bedecked with sharp stone teeth. The way these teeth are arranged reminds him of an armored smile that spoke equal volumes of confidence and tenderness. In spite of this strength, the plaque's words are written in a rattled, swooping claw:

Hollowmaw
You've done it, Hollow. You're there, among the stars you and your father loved so much. Just know that you'll be missed. Our lives are as hollow as your mouth was of teeth, but we can carry on. We'll channel your spirit and try to smile broadly and often, to laugh as carefree as the wind. It's the least we can do in honor of you. May you forever rest in peace.

Afterwards, he was greeted by another mound, this one divided in two and forming the shape of a broken heart. The gravestone simply read their names, but a tome that was nestled at its base was what really drew his eye. He picked it up in careful claws, and the first page he witnessed held a dedication:

Imriel and Anzu
One of the best mothers in the world, and one of my best friends in the world. I'm sure you smile down upon all of us. Your story may not have ended happily, but I will be sure to retell all its happy moments until I can no longer draw breath.

Hatchling Casualties: None Yet

Total Casualties: 7

These are all the dragons who have passed thus far on the quest to bring peace and prosperity to Tainted Eden. Here they lie in this graveyard with their names on tombstones and final sayings to honor their memory. To witness their former bios before exaltation, please visit their grave post, which maintains a record of who they were so that their memory is never truly lost. The link to the records of their first and final moments will be given in each entry, along with a link to their grave post.

Since spoiler tags cannot cover photos, "final photos" will have to be witnessed in a dragon's grave post instead of here.

Battle Casualties: 5

A wanderer passes through Eden, looking for the realms of the fallen. In such a place that was known for being inhospitable, it would have truly taken a hero to have survived in such a dreadful land. But the dead, too, were heroes, he thought -- after all, they were the ones who were brave enough to try to survive Eden to begin with instead of fleeing far, far away like so many others always had.

First, he approaches two mounds -- similar in size, and alike in dignity -- that seem to share a single gravestone:

Skullcrusher and Widow
Here lies the most loyal and truest friends I have ever known. To continue without them is to continue without my wings. I only hope they can forgive me.

Next, he finds himself near a small cluster of stones formed in the shape of a crown against the raised earth. At the head of it was a smooth stone plaque, engraved in a shaky claw, where the following words could be seen:

Pyros
A thinker. A doer. A brother. The best little buddy I could have ever asked for. You did good, my friend. You've earned your place among the great kings of the past.

Afterwards, he comes across a fearful sight: a statue of an Imperial half-submerged in the ground, reaching towards the sky with pain and fear, appearing as if she were gasping for breath. This unnatural construction carries a chilling air, as does its short but terrifying epitaph:

Talstae
Out of my way.

The next grave he comes across is more conventional, but beautiful. It contains a base with an engraved plaque, supporting a statue carved like a star and bedecked with sharp stone teeth. The way these teeth are arranged reminds him of an armored smile that spoke equal volumes of confidence and tenderness. In spite of this strength, the plaque's words are written in a rattled, swooping claw:

Hollowmaw
You've done it, Hollow. You're there, among the stars you and your father loved so much. Just know that you'll be missed. Our lives are as hollow as your mouth was of teeth, but we can carry on. We'll channel your spirit and try to smile broadly and often, to laugh as carefree as the wind. It's the least we can do in honor of you. May you forever rest in peace.

Afterwards, he was greeted by another mound, this one divided in two and forming the shape of a broken heart. The gravestone simply read their names, but a tome that was nestled at its base was what really drew his eye. He picked it up in careful claws, and the first page he witnessed held a dedication:

Imriel and Anzu
One of the best mothers in the world, and one of my best friends in the world. I'm sure you smile down upon all of us. Your story may not have ended happily, but I will be sure to retell all its happy moments until I can no longer draw breath.

Hatchling Casualties: None Yet

Total Casualties: 7
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg
[center][size=6]Ping List (and Fun Stuff!)[/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_1954510]Welcome to Tainted Eden[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080139]Table of Contents[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080148]The Living[/url] / [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510#post_22080152]The Lost[/url][/center] Here we have a ping list of all the people who are signing up for updates. Comments are, of course, always appreciated. You are welcome to subscribe to this thread without requesting to become part of the ping list; this ping list, though, may be useful if you only want to see the updates to the story and not comments made by other users. [center]@Meonox @InHeritent @tahwarts @Elzerei @Silverhame @Whimzica @PaintedLiger @Achi @OverTheWolf @fairyhalo @221bdisneystreet @Deathwolf555 @Skyeset @Ambrose @GreyMoth @End3rStorm @NyxHeart @ScienceGal8 @wintergreenroses @Abysea @softbun @Amerigland @Shanuuk @Lae @Purpleberries @Delmaria @Tempestuous @Alixe @WildHunt @xenontrioxide @ShadeOfChaos[/center] [center][item="Shadow Runestone"][item="Unhatched Shadow Egg"][item="Shadow Runestone"] [size=5]Fun Stuff![/size] [size=2](Added on 9/30/16)[/size] [b]NyxHeart[/b] has put together a playlist of songs representing [i]Tainted Eden[/i] and moments within! [url=http://8tracks.com/nightgraced/tainted-eden]Click here[/url] to experience the aura of the Powerlocke in a new and amazing way! [size=2](Added on 10/5/16)[/size] I came up with some alternative Powerlocke ideas that I might have done if I joined another Flight. Since it's unlikely at this time that I'll be doing any of them, the ideas are available to view and use, if credited. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/42#post_23027036]Click here[/url] if you want to check them out! [size=2](Added on 10/31/16)[/size] All the contestants who lived or died up until Day 49 have been given a musical list to show what songs might play for them if they were corrupted by Adam and Eve or the Shade itself. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1954510/68#post_23567967]Click here[/url] to be spooked, saddened, or otherwise just enjoy the raw creepiness of the notion. Thanks again to everyone who submitted songs!

Here we have a ping list of all the people who are signing up for updates. Comments are, of course, always appreciated. You are welcome to subscribe to this thread without requesting to become part of the ping list; this ping list, though, may be useful if you only want to see the updates to the story and not comments made by other users.

Shadow Runestone Unhatched Shadow Egg Shadow Runestone

Fun Stuff!

(Added on 9/30/16)
NyxHeart has put together a playlist of songs representing Tainted Eden and moments within! Click here to experience the aura of the Powerlocke in a new and amazing way!

(Added on 10/5/16)
I came up with some alternative Powerlocke ideas that I might have done if I joined another Flight. Since it's unlikely at this time that I'll be doing any of them, the ideas are available to view and use, if credited. Click here if you want to check them out!

(Added on 10/31/16)
All the contestants who lived or died up until Day 49 have been given a musical list to show what songs might play for them if they were corrupted by Adam and Eve or the Shade itself. Click here to be spooked, saddened, or otherwise just enjoy the raw creepiness of the notion. Thanks again to everyone who submitted songs!
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg
[center][size=5]Prologue[/size] [size=4]The Trinity to Change It All[/size][/center] [center]x[/center] [i]It is said that, long ago, when Sornieth was forged by the forces of the draconic gods, there was a small patch of ground that had yet to be touched by their mighty hands. This place was known as Eden: a joyous land filled with light and music, where dragons of all breeds and elements came together and regarded one another as kin. In Eden, sunshine trickled like raindrops through the golden boughs that marked this ground as paradise, and even during the nighttime, when the moon reigned forth a wispy entourage of stars, their light illuminated the world like the tender smile of a mother to her child. For everyone from the mightiest Imperial to the flightiest Fae, Eden was a land where possibilities existed without limit. The drawback to endless possibilities, however, is that things can take a turn for the worse. Thus entered the Shade: not as a physical entity, but as a corrupting force. Its targets? Two souls -- alike in innocence -- whose names and faces would never again be associated with anything good: Adam and Eve. Records have been lost. In the trees remain whispers, distorted echoes of what might have happened on that fateful day hundreds of years ago. They say that Adam and Eve descended upon Eden with claws of shadow, seeking to enforce order and replace the peaceful anarchy that had always governed their land. With their bodies’ existing now as vessels of the contaminating Shade, which even then spread ill will and hatred to the others, Adam and Eve were outnumbered, overwhelmed, and torn apart for their blasphemy. Little could the other dragons have known that this was just what the Shade wanted. In spite of their hopes to stop such an uprising, it was too late; the seeds of Adam and Eve’s words had already planted foul ideas in the minds of these dragons. After all, what if they were right? What if this place would be better with someone taking charge? Much like Adam and Eve, the equality the dragons once shared was torn apart as separate breeds and elements began to look upon one another as enemies. Corruption ran rampant. Many fled to their home Flights; others stayed behind and argued. Arguments eventually turned to fighting, and fighting to civil war. With the bodies of Adam and Eve decaying in the square, denied the burial their true selves might have once deserved, the Shade spread its influence into the ground and the trees. Shadows covered Eden and blocked out the light. The wildlife grew violent and unruly, and even most plants became toxic. Eden had become tainted. It was only after they realized what they had done that these dragons went their separate ways forevermore. Or so the world thought.[/i] [center]x[/center] A young Mirror blitzed through the tangled undergrowth, red eyes narrowed and brows flat. This was the first time in his life that he could see his shadow spreading before him and it was something that filled his soul with fear and rage. The hideous light came from behind, and it wouldn’t be too long before it caught up with him. These woods were always filled with comforting shadows before; why stop now? How undignifying it was for him to flee this way! He vehemently vowed then and there that, when he was ready, he’d rip off the light’s head and spread its guts all over Eden. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26197477] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261975/26197477_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] In fact, the dark passion with which he made that promise was so strong, it seemed to utterly blind him to his surroundings. As if from nowhere, the Mirror’s paws sent him skidding over a cold and slippery surface. He shrieked, tumbling across it and barreling headfirst into a bush. A small trill sounded from nearby. “Oh my goodness,” came a distinctly accented voice. A [i]girl’s[/i] voice, no less. “Are you hurt? Are you okay? I’m sorry; I needed to freeze the river for just a second. The fishies kept getting away and I’m very hungry, you see.” A tiny purple paw reached into the growth and the Mirror had half a mind to gnaw it off until the light breached the corner of his vision. “It’s going to get us,” he snapped. A small [i]meep[/i] was sounded and all at once, a little Coatl tumbled into the bush with him. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26190953] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261910/26190953_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “What is it?” she asked, her wide eyes trailing over him. “Can we talk to it?” “No, stupid. Keep your voice down; I wanna ambush and kill it.” Her brow furrowed. “Well, that’s not very nice.” The Mirror looked at her like she had just grown a second head. “So what? I don’t need to be nice to prey. We’re [i]dragons.[/i]” “But I thought you were running away from--.” Before the Mirror could justify his totally masculine retreat, the sound of water splashing and a loud [i]squeak[/i] penetrated the brush. The duo paused and looked out from behind the thicket. There, crouched in the center of the small clearing, was a young Nocturne holding the doused remains of what was once an ember mouse. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26194816] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261949/26194816_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] At once, the Mirror snapped to attention. He crouched in the brush, wiggling his hips. Before the Coatl would do anything to stop him, he let out a feral cry and pounced on top of the Nocturne. She shrieked in protest, but he wasn’t on her for long. With daredevilish speed, he grabbed the doused mouse, leapt off of her flailing form, landed on the ground, and proceeded to rip the creature’s head off. “This is the revenge you asked for when you decided to be so bright. Your time is at an end, mouse. Die, die, die!” The Coatl watched him with an expression of pure horror. The Nocturne, on the other hand, watched him with one that spelled certain doom. “Hey,” the Nocturne snapped. Her blue eyes narrowed aggressively, her spines raising as she sat up on her hind legs. The Mirror paused and looked at her, blinking a bit. She snarled, bearing all her teeth. “That’s [i]my[/i] kill.” The Mirror smirked, clutching the corpse to his chest. “Maybe so, but you just weren’t fast enough. Another victory for the great and masterful killer of all food, Skullcrusher!” This revelation of his name immediately inspired a fit of giggles in the Coatl. Meanwhile, the Nocturne’s look become one of mild peevishness and she slouched, crossing her arms. “Well,” she said, “that’s probably the stupidest name I’ve ever heard.” Skullcrusher laughed. “Don’t you mean the [i]bestest[/i] name you’ve ever heard?” “It’s something, I’ll say that much,” the Coatl smiled. She stepped between them, spreading her green wings and flashing a smile at the others. “Now, hold on. Why don’t we all share our names and share some food? I haven’t seen another dragon since….” She trailed off after a second, her icy eyes flickering, before she resumed smiling at maximum force. “Well, anyway, my name is Imriel. What’s yours?” she asked, addressing the Nocturne. The Nocturne rolled her eyes, her body easing up slightly into a tense slouch. “Widow,” she replied. “Not that it’s any of your business. Why on Sornieth should I ever share food with a Mirror -- [i]especially[/i] a Mirror who swept in and took what was supposed to be mine?” Skullcrusher formed a smile that suggested he was about to tear Widow a new one when Imriel spoke up. “Well, technically, he [i]did[/i] see it first.” She looked at him. “Didn’t you, Skully?” He seemed stunned, his smile falling into an open-mouth gape as fast as it had spread on his face. A moment later, Skullcrusher wrinkled his snout and shook his head, looking as if he were just uprooted from some faraway thought. “What? Of course I did. I’m the best hunter [i]ever[/i] and no one should ever forget that. But, uhh -- Imriel? -- come on. Don’t call me Skully, all right? If you have to give me a nickname, I’d prefer Skullcrusher: Destroyer of Worlds, Master of All Darkness, King of the Virus and Disease and-- and Stuff.” He puffed out his chest to assert his rugged charm. “I changed my mind,” Widow said, leaning back against a tree and pouting with an air of subtle irritation. “[i]That[/i] is the stupidest name I’ve ever heard.” Imriel tapped Widow’s nose with the tip of her tail and tapped Skullcrusher’s with her paw. The crackling between the Nocturne and the Mirror halted at the foreign gesture, and both looked on her with with curious eyes in spite of their apparent annoyance. “I don’t want to beat around the bush with you guys,” Imriel said, addressing them with a somber tone that hardly fit a hatchling her age. “I made a nest. It’s small, but it’s nice, and it has some nice fishies and bugs for us to eat. And I… well, wouldn’t we rather have someone around than be out here all by ourselves?” She pulled her tail and paw away. Skullcrusher immediately scoffed. “Aww, why should I? After all, I’m Skullcrusher, and I’m pretty amazing. So what if my parents haven’t come back to the nest in days and I’m a little bit hungry? I can totally make it out here by myself.” Widow shook her head. “I hate noise, and you two are loud.” Her tone was colder than her scales. Imriel’s expression fell. “Oh.” There was a silence between the three hatchlings. Skullcrusher and Widow looked on at Imriel, who seemed to force a smile back at them after a wavering moment. “Well, that’s okay, then. I can always… just have all that nice food to myself, or--.” Light flashed through the trees. Skullcrusher squeaked, hiding behind Imriel as a rumble of thunder roared in the distance. Widow flinched at well, appearing uneasy at this development. Imriel’s expression firmed quickly, and as if by instinct her voice followed suit. “Come on -- even if you won’t stay for long, my nest will hide us from the storm.” Neither Skullcrusher nor Widow seemed to be in any hurry to argue. With a tense energy, the two of them darted after Imriel, who led them into a tiny hollow underneath a rotting log. In spite of its small space, the mossy ground made the den quite soft, and the pile of prey in the corner was more than appealing to the hungry hatchlings. “Help yourselves,” Imriel said. “I’m not really a fan of meat and bugs.” Skullcrusher grabbed what appeared to be some kind of decapitated bird and looked it over. His eyes glimmered as he examined it, and a moment later he looked up at Imriel with an expression one might liken to a baby hainu. “Hey… if you want, I can tear the heads off of live fish for you and bring them back. Just for a day or two, you know. Because Skullcrusher loves to fly solo.” Imriel’s whole body seemed to perk up at the suggestion. “I’d like that, Skully.” “Of course you would,” he said. He wasn’t bothered to correct her this time, and in fact seemed to stand with all the more pompous bombasticism at her tone. “Because I’m the best.” Widow, curling up in her own corner with a small pile of bugs, let out a sound of resignation. “I’ll find some way to pay you back,” she muttered. Imriel’s eyes widened. Skullcrusher seemed annoyed that her attention was drawn away and he began to broodily much at the bird, turning his back on them both. Imriel didn’t seem to notice. “Oh, you don’t have to,” she said, shaking her head at Widow. “I’m just happy to have you here.” The nest was quiet for a moment. Another roll of distant thunder came in a wave, and though Skullcrusher squeaked and Widow flinched, neither of them said anything. Imriel looked like she was about to speak when Widow looked over her shoulder. “You mean that?” she mumbled, her voice hard to hear. Imriel nodded in reply, a small smile quirking her lips. A small huff escaped Widow’s nose as she turned her head once again to face the tiny insect pile. “Maybe… I’ll stick around, and make sure the moss stays soft….” “That’s not as cool as what I’m planning on doing to help,” Skullcrusher declared. Imriel didn’t seem to care; her tail wagged intensely regardless of the level of coolness such a suggestion held. “T-thank you. Thank you both so much.” In a tearful rush, she wrapped her arms around their necks, knocking all their heads together in what would be their very first group hug. It had been years since dragons of different species had come together like this in Eden. Their bond, however lopsided and strange, made for a strangely discordant harmony that set their group apart from any other dragons there ever was. Would they would stick together to the bitter end? Or would fate tear them apart all too soon? There was only one way to find out. [center]x[/center] [size=1]@Meonox @InHeritent @tahwarts @Elzerei -- my apologies to you all, who were most likely double pinged by this.[/size]
Prologue
The Trinity to Change It All

x

It is said that, long ago, when Sornieth was forged by the forces of the draconic gods, there was a small patch of ground that had yet to be touched by their mighty hands. This place was known as Eden: a joyous land filled with light and music, where dragons of all breeds and elements came together and regarded one another as kin. In Eden, sunshine trickled like raindrops through the golden boughs that marked this ground as paradise, and even during the nighttime, when the moon reigned forth a wispy entourage of stars, their light illuminated the world like the tender smile of a mother to her child. For everyone from the mightiest Imperial to the flightiest Fae, Eden was a land where possibilities existed without limit.

The drawback to endless possibilities, however, is that things can take a turn for the worse. Thus entered the Shade: not as a physical entity, but as a corrupting force. Its targets? Two souls -- alike in innocence -- whose names and faces would never again be associated with anything good: Adam and Eve.

Records have been lost. In the trees remain whispers, distorted echoes of what might have happened on that fateful day hundreds of years ago. They say that Adam and Eve descended upon Eden with claws of shadow, seeking to enforce order and replace the peaceful anarchy that had always governed their land. With their bodies’ existing now as vessels of the contaminating Shade, which even then spread ill will and hatred to the others, Adam and Eve were outnumbered, overwhelmed, and torn apart for their blasphemy.

Little could the other dragons have known that this was just what the Shade wanted.

In spite of their hopes to stop such an uprising, it was too late; the seeds of Adam and Eve’s words had already planted foul ideas in the minds of these dragons. After all, what if they were right? What if this place would be better with someone taking charge? Much like Adam and Eve, the equality the dragons once shared was torn apart as separate breeds and elements began to look upon one another as enemies. Corruption ran rampant. Many fled to their home Flights; others stayed behind and argued. Arguments eventually turned to fighting, and fighting to civil war. With the bodies of Adam and Eve decaying in the square, denied the burial their true selves might have once deserved, the Shade spread its influence into the ground and the trees. Shadows covered Eden and blocked out the light. The wildlife grew violent and unruly, and even most plants became toxic. Eden had become tainted. It was only after they realized what they had done that these dragons went their separate ways forevermore.

Or so the world thought.

x

A young Mirror blitzed through the tangled undergrowth, red eyes narrowed and brows flat. This was the first time in his life that he could see his shadow spreading before him and it was something that filled his soul with fear and rage. The hideous light came from behind, and it wouldn’t be too long before it caught up with him. These woods were always filled with comforting shadows before; why stop now? How undignifying it was for him to flee this way! He vehemently vowed then and there that, when he was ready, he’d rip off the light’s head and spread its guts all over Eden.

In fact, the dark passion with which he made that promise was so strong, it seemed to utterly blind him to his surroundings.

As if from nowhere, the Mirror’s paws sent him skidding over a cold and slippery surface. He shrieked, tumbling across it and barreling headfirst into a bush. A small trill sounded from nearby.

“Oh my goodness,” came a distinctly accented voice. A girl’s voice, no less. “Are you hurt? Are you okay? I’m sorry; I needed to freeze the river for just a second. The fishies kept getting away and I’m very hungry, you see.” A tiny purple paw reached into the growth and the Mirror had half a mind to gnaw it off until the light breached the corner of his vision.

“It’s going to get us,” he snapped.

A small meep was sounded and all at once, a little Coatl tumbled into the bush with him.

“What is it?” she asked, her wide eyes trailing over him. “Can we talk to it?”

“No, stupid. Keep your voice down; I wanna ambush and kill it.”

Her brow furrowed. “Well, that’s not very nice.”

The Mirror looked at her like she had just grown a second head. “So what? I don’t need to be nice to prey. We’re dragons.

“But I thought you were running away from--.”

Before the Mirror could justify his totally masculine retreat, the sound of water splashing and a loud squeak penetrated the brush. The duo paused and looked out from behind the thicket. There, crouched in the center of the small clearing, was a young Nocturne holding the doused remains of what was once an ember mouse.

At once, the Mirror snapped to attention. He crouched in the brush, wiggling his hips. Before the Coatl would do anything to stop him, he let out a feral cry and pounced on top of the Nocturne. She shrieked in protest, but he wasn’t on her for long. With daredevilish speed, he grabbed the doused mouse, leapt off of her flailing form, landed on the ground, and proceeded to rip the creature’s head off.

“This is the revenge you asked for when you decided to be so bright. Your time is at an end, mouse. Die, die, die!”

The Coatl watched him with an expression of pure horror. The Nocturne, on the other hand, watched him with one that spelled certain doom.

“Hey,” the Nocturne snapped. Her blue eyes narrowed aggressively, her spines raising as she sat up on her hind legs. The Mirror paused and looked at her, blinking a bit. She snarled, bearing all her teeth. “That’s my kill.”

The Mirror smirked, clutching the corpse to his chest. “Maybe so, but you just weren’t fast enough. Another victory for the great and masterful killer of all food, Skullcrusher!”

This revelation of his name immediately inspired a fit of giggles in the Coatl. Meanwhile, the Nocturne’s look become one of mild peevishness and she slouched, crossing her arms.

“Well,” she said, “that’s probably the stupidest name I’ve ever heard.”

Skullcrusher laughed. “Don’t you mean the bestest name you’ve ever heard?”

“It’s something, I’ll say that much,” the Coatl smiled. She stepped between them, spreading her green wings and flashing a smile at the others. “Now, hold on. Why don’t we all share our names and share some food? I haven’t seen another dragon since….” She trailed off after a second, her icy eyes flickering, before she resumed smiling at maximum force. “Well, anyway, my name is Imriel. What’s yours?” she asked, addressing the Nocturne.

The Nocturne rolled her eyes, her body easing up slightly into a tense slouch. “Widow,” she replied. “Not that it’s any of your business. Why on Sornieth should I ever share food with a Mirror -- especially a Mirror who swept in and took what was supposed to be mine?”

Skullcrusher formed a smile that suggested he was about to tear Widow a new one when Imriel spoke up. “Well, technically, he did see it first.” She looked at him. “Didn’t you, Skully?”

He seemed stunned, his smile falling into an open-mouth gape as fast as it had spread on his face. A moment later, Skullcrusher wrinkled his snout and shook his head, looking as if he were just uprooted from some faraway thought. “What? Of course I did. I’m the best hunter ever and no one should ever forget that. But, uhh -- Imriel? -- come on. Don’t call me Skully, all right? If you have to give me a nickname, I’d prefer Skullcrusher: Destroyer of Worlds, Master of All Darkness, King of the Virus and Disease and-- and Stuff.” He puffed out his chest to assert his rugged charm.

“I changed my mind,” Widow said, leaning back against a tree and pouting with an air of subtle irritation. “That is the stupidest name I’ve ever heard.”

Imriel tapped Widow’s nose with the tip of her tail and tapped Skullcrusher’s with her paw. The crackling between the Nocturne and the Mirror halted at the foreign gesture, and both looked on her with with curious eyes in spite of their apparent annoyance.

“I don’t want to beat around the bush with you guys,” Imriel said, addressing them with a somber tone that hardly fit a hatchling her age. “I made a nest. It’s small, but it’s nice, and it has some nice fishies and bugs for us to eat. And I… well, wouldn’t we rather have someone around than be out here all by ourselves?”

She pulled her tail and paw away. Skullcrusher immediately scoffed. “Aww, why should I? After all, I’m Skullcrusher, and I’m pretty amazing. So what if my parents haven’t come back to the nest in days and I’m a little bit hungry? I can totally make it out here by myself.”

Widow shook her head. “I hate noise, and you two are loud.” Her tone was colder than her scales.

Imriel’s expression fell. “Oh.” There was a silence between the three hatchlings. Skullcrusher and Widow looked on at Imriel, who seemed to force a smile back at them after a wavering moment. “Well, that’s okay, then. I can always… just have all that nice food to myself, or--.”

Light flashed through the trees. Skullcrusher squeaked, hiding behind Imriel as a rumble of thunder roared in the distance. Widow flinched at well, appearing uneasy at this development. Imriel’s expression firmed quickly, and as if by instinct her voice followed suit.

“Come on -- even if you won’t stay for long, my nest will hide us from the storm.”

Neither Skullcrusher nor Widow seemed to be in any hurry to argue. With a tense energy, the two of them darted after Imriel, who led them into a tiny hollow underneath a rotting log. In spite of its small space, the mossy ground made the den quite soft, and the pile of prey in the corner was more than appealing to the hungry hatchlings.

“Help yourselves,” Imriel said. “I’m not really a fan of meat and bugs.”

Skullcrusher grabbed what appeared to be some kind of decapitated bird and looked it over. His eyes glimmered as he examined it, and a moment later he looked up at Imriel with an expression one might liken to a baby hainu. “Hey… if you want, I can tear the heads off of live fish for you and bring them back. Just for a day or two, you know. Because Skullcrusher loves to fly solo.”

Imriel’s whole body seemed to perk up at the suggestion. “I’d like that, Skully.”

“Of course you would,” he said. He wasn’t bothered to correct her this time, and in fact seemed to stand with all the more pompous bombasticism at her tone. “Because I’m the best.”

Widow, curling up in her own corner with a small pile of bugs, let out a sound of resignation. “I’ll find some way to pay you back,” she muttered.

Imriel’s eyes widened. Skullcrusher seemed annoyed that her attention was drawn away and he began to broodily much at the bird, turning his back on them both. Imriel didn’t seem to notice. “Oh, you don’t have to,” she said, shaking her head at Widow. “I’m just happy to have you here.”

The nest was quiet for a moment. Another roll of distant thunder came in a wave, and though Skullcrusher squeaked and Widow flinched, neither of them said anything. Imriel looked like she was about to speak when Widow looked over her shoulder. “You mean that?” she mumbled, her voice hard to hear.

Imriel nodded in reply, a small smile quirking her lips.

A small huff escaped Widow’s nose as she turned her head once again to face the tiny insect pile. “Maybe… I’ll stick around, and make sure the moss stays soft….”

“That’s not as cool as what I’m planning on doing to help,” Skullcrusher declared.

Imriel didn’t seem to care; her tail wagged intensely regardless of the level of coolness such a suggestion held. “T-thank you. Thank you both so much.” In a tearful rush, she wrapped her arms around their necks, knocking all their heads together in what would be their very first group hug.

It had been years since dragons of different species had come together like this in Eden. Their bond, however lopsided and strange, made for a strangely discordant harmony that set their group apart from any other dragons there ever was. Would they would stick together to the bitter end? Or would fate tear them apart all too soon?

There was only one way to find out.

x

@Meonox @InHeritent @tahwarts @Elzerei -- my apologies to you all, who were most likely double pinged by this.
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg
@TaintedEden THIS IS SO SO SO SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I also really hope Imriel survives at least until another dragon joins.
@TaintedEden THIS IS SO SO SO SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I also really hope Imriel survives at least until another dragon joins.
@TaintedEden Oh wow the rules for this are super harsh, I love it. And Skully is precious, I love your writing style and how you wrote interactions between them! too bad tomorrow they'll be grown up and murder time starts

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. Good luck!
@TaintedEden Oh wow the rules for this are super harsh, I love it. And Skully is precious, I love your writing style and how you wrote interactions between them! too bad tomorrow they'll be grown up and murder time starts

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. Good luck!
MIaB7gw.png
@taintededen I haven't gotten to read it yet!!! (Between no sleep and work I am dieing) but the swarm demands you be careful with the baby! And are quite excited for his adventure.
@taintededen I haven't gotten to read it yet!!! (Between no sleep and work I am dieing) but the swarm demands you be careful with the baby! And are quite excited for his adventure.
lumos_noxsig.png
@Elzerei

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. I really hope she survives, too; it appears as though she's the glue which binds this trio together. I can only imagine how Skullcrusher and Widow would do without her. Thank you!

@tahwarts

Haha, yes. That's exactly how I enjoy playing my sorts of Nuzlockes -- with difficult rules to ensure that victory is hard-earned and well-deserved. I'm very glad you're enjoying my writing so far, and I agree that Skully is precious... actually, much more so than I imagined he would be at the start. But he is great fun to write. Thank you so much!

Sadly, it seems I newbishly miscalculated and the locke won't officially begin until the 21st. Oh, well. Live and learn.

@Meonox

I hope you're getting well-earned rest right now. When you awake, I would love if you could read the prologue and see him on his first mini-adventure. Do tell the swarm that I will be as careful as possible with Skullcrusher, for I love writing his character and his preciousness is something I wish to preserve as long as possible. Thank you!
@Elzerei

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. I really hope she survives, too; it appears as though she's the glue which binds this trio together. I can only imagine how Skullcrusher and Widow would do without her. Thank you!

@tahwarts

Haha, yes. That's exactly how I enjoy playing my sorts of Nuzlockes -- with difficult rules to ensure that victory is hard-earned and well-deserved. I'm very glad you're enjoying my writing so far, and I agree that Skully is precious... actually, much more so than I imagined he would be at the start. But he is great fun to write. Thank you so much!

Sadly, it seems I newbishly miscalculated and the locke won't officially begin until the 21st. Oh, well. Live and learn.

@Meonox

I hope you're getting well-earned rest right now. When you awake, I would love if you could read the prologue and see him on his first mini-adventure. Do tell the swarm that I will be as careful as possible with Skullcrusher, for I love writing his character and his preciousness is something I wish to preserve as long as possible. Thank you!
160907-cTeYGoKRZghO.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90 91