Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | So You Think You Can Write
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 186 187
@Moonwater

They met at a bar. They made eye-contact from across the room--"As if we were in a gorram romance movie," Nova had remarked, laughing to herself--and then Lorelai, the ever polite, offered to buy her a drink.

Two hours later, they were at a scrap yard.

"And this," Nova grinned proudly, rapping the side of the relatively small aircraft with her hand. "This one is mine. I rescued her from the scrap pile and patched her up myself." She practically puffed her chest up.

Lorelai smiled. She was happy because Nova was happy. "It's beautiful."

"I know," Nova said giddily. "Wanna ride?" Nova asked, winking.

Lorelai smiled wider. Nova's excitement was contagious. "Of course."

Nova hopped into the pilot seat. It was a small ship, with room for only two people, perhaps three if they didn't use the seatbelts. Nova turned around to offer Lorelai her hand and helped her up.

"Welcome to the Starchaser," Nova said, smirking. "Where d'ya wanna go?"

"Where can I go?" Lorelai asked.

"Anywhere in the galaxy."

"Well, then. Take me to the galaxy," Lorelai whispered, before leaning in to kiss Nova.

After an alarming clanking sound in the beginning as Nova revved the ship up (Nova reassured Lorelai that it was fine--not that Lorelai had asked. She trusted Nova. And that meant she trusted Nova's ships)--they soared into the galaxy together. Two lovers in the stars.
@Moonwater

They met at a bar. They made eye-contact from across the room--"As if we were in a gorram romance movie," Nova had remarked, laughing to herself--and then Lorelai, the ever polite, offered to buy her a drink.

Two hours later, they were at a scrap yard.

"And this," Nova grinned proudly, rapping the side of the relatively small aircraft with her hand. "This one is mine. I rescued her from the scrap pile and patched her up myself." She practically puffed her chest up.

Lorelai smiled. She was happy because Nova was happy. "It's beautiful."

"I know," Nova said giddily. "Wanna ride?" Nova asked, winking.

Lorelai smiled wider. Nova's excitement was contagious. "Of course."

Nova hopped into the pilot seat. It was a small ship, with room for only two people, perhaps three if they didn't use the seatbelts. Nova turned around to offer Lorelai her hand and helped her up.

"Welcome to the Starchaser," Nova said, smirking. "Where d'ya wanna go?"

"Where can I go?" Lorelai asked.

"Anywhere in the galaxy."

"Well, then. Take me to the galaxy," Lorelai whispered, before leaning in to kiss Nova.

After an alarming clanking sound in the beginning as Nova revved the ship up (Nova reassured Lorelai that it was fine--not that Lorelai had asked. She trusted Nova. And that meant she trusted Nova's ships)--they soared into the galaxy together. Two lovers in the stars.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bleeding Heart Crow she/her.xvi.gemini
@Moonwater

Five Rubies jumped out of their spaceship. "Where's Jasper?" Eyeball demanded. "We're taking her back to Homeworld!"

Haha just kidding everybody! Here's my actual story:

"Would you take me to Paris if I wanted you to?"

"Honey, I would take you to the moon if you asked."

I looked over at him, expecting to see the crinkles that formed around his eyes whenever he was joking. I didn't seem them. He was staring at me, his eyes sincere.

I laughed and shook my head in disbelief. "I would never ask something so impossible."

"It's not so impossible." He stood and crossed the room, drawing back the blue curtains. The full moon shone brightly, peeking through thin clouds. He raised a hand up to cover the moon with his thumb. "Come here, love."

I grinned and hopped up. I met him by the window and he wrapped and arm around my waist. He pulled me in front of him so that I could lean against his chest.

"Fasten your seat belts," he murmured in my ear.

"And after we visit the moon, can we visit other planets? Other stars?"

"We would burn right up," he said, amused.

"Not if we had the right equipment," I shot back.

He nuzzled my cheek. "Ah, of course." I leaned further into him, enjoying his warmth. After a second, he whispered, "We're almost there. Prepare to land."

I gasped, feeling the rocky surface of the moon under my feet.
@Moonwater

Five Rubies jumped out of their spaceship. "Where's Jasper?" Eyeball demanded. "We're taking her back to Homeworld!"

Haha just kidding everybody! Here's my actual story:

"Would you take me to Paris if I wanted you to?"

"Honey, I would take you to the moon if you asked."

I looked over at him, expecting to see the crinkles that formed around his eyes whenever he was joking. I didn't seem them. He was staring at me, his eyes sincere.

I laughed and shook my head in disbelief. "I would never ask something so impossible."

"It's not so impossible." He stood and crossed the room, drawing back the blue curtains. The full moon shone brightly, peeking through thin clouds. He raised a hand up to cover the moon with his thumb. "Come here, love."

I grinned and hopped up. I met him by the window and he wrapped and arm around my waist. He pulled me in front of him so that I could lean against his chest.

"Fasten your seat belts," he murmured in my ear.

"And after we visit the moon, can we visit other planets? Other stars?"

"We would burn right up," he said, amused.

"Not if we had the right equipment," I shot back.

He nuzzled my cheek. "Ah, of course." I leaned further into him, enjoying his warmth. After a second, he whispered, "We're almost there. Prepare to land."

I gasped, feeling the rocky surface of the moon under my feet.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
@Moonwater
Prompt: Take me to the Galaxy
My father's ship roared to life, the metal beast's growl startling my two younger brothers. My father was called to his position at the edge of our solar system, were he was destined to keep our enemy at bay. The news came late at night, and I heard my mom arguing with my dad, begging him to stay. He refused, saying that the troops needed his sharp mind full of clever tricks, but my mother refused to give up. She tried dozens of times to speak with Captain Ronea, the head of my father's troop, but he refused as well. That was two months ago, and my father had been preparing for the moment. We all had heavy hearts the day came for his departure, and mom was weeping the moment she awoke. The family and I exited the house to say farewell, and to let look at the house for the last time, if he would parish in battle. He slowly walked out of the front door, with a duffel bag slung over his shoulder, and he wiped his eyes so mom wouldn't cry again. He came to us, and kissed my brothers on the head and told them to behave, and kissed my mother and embraced her.
He turned to me last and said, "Jill, take care of the family, I'm leaving you in charge." I nodded my head, trying to fight back tears that threatened to spill. He turned back to my mother, and hugged her again, saluted us, and walked towards the rumbling ship. I could have waited there, I could have vanished into the house, but I didn't. I ran to my dad's ship and caught him in a hug at the base of the ramp.
I looked into his pale blue eyes and whispered, "Take me to the Galaxy." He chuckled and rubbed my head and spoke, " You are too young, but when I come back, I promise I will." Taking me into a brief hug, and he pulled away and started to walk up the ramp, leaving my family behind. He turned to wave to me at the top of the ramp, and then the ship exploded.
@Moonwater
Prompt: Take me to the Galaxy
My father's ship roared to life, the metal beast's growl startling my two younger brothers. My father was called to his position at the edge of our solar system, were he was destined to keep our enemy at bay. The news came late at night, and I heard my mom arguing with my dad, begging him to stay. He refused, saying that the troops needed his sharp mind full of clever tricks, but my mother refused to give up. She tried dozens of times to speak with Captain Ronea, the head of my father's troop, but he refused as well. That was two months ago, and my father had been preparing for the moment. We all had heavy hearts the day came for his departure, and mom was weeping the moment she awoke. The family and I exited the house to say farewell, and to let look at the house for the last time, if he would parish in battle. He slowly walked out of the front door, with a duffel bag slung over his shoulder, and he wiped his eyes so mom wouldn't cry again. He came to us, and kissed my brothers on the head and told them to behave, and kissed my mother and embraced her.
He turned to me last and said, "Jill, take care of the family, I'm leaving you in charge." I nodded my head, trying to fight back tears that threatened to spill. He turned back to my mother, and hugged her again, saluted us, and walked towards the rumbling ship. I could have waited there, I could have vanished into the house, but I didn't. I ran to my dad's ship and caught him in a hug at the base of the ramp.
I looked into his pale blue eyes and whispered, "Take me to the Galaxy." He chuckled and rubbed my head and spoke, " You are too young, but when I come back, I promise I will." Taking me into a brief hug, and he pulled away and started to walk up the ramp, leaving my family behind. He turned to wave to me at the top of the ramp, and then the ship exploded.
Jp7QW8F.png
@hoothootx3

We're waiting on you! Are you sitting out this round?
@hoothootx3

We're waiting on you! Are you sitting out this round?
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
@Moonwater @coyearth @favvn @StarSeeker255 @hoothootx3 @Kapara

Maybe we should set some kind of time goal- I know it's ten minutes to write, but you have to post it within, say, two days? If you can't do it for some reason then you say you can't, but with a long time limit then maybe this thread will move along faster. What do you guys think?
@Moonwater @coyearth @favvn @StarSeeker255 @hoothootx3 @Kapara

Maybe we should set some kind of time goal- I know it's ten minutes to write, but you have to post it within, say, two days? If you can't do it for some reason then you say you can't, but with a long time limit then maybe this thread will move along faster. What do you guys think?
hdEgTfF.gif5caOtnS.gifTvGyETb.gif
@Tacodoodle @Moonwater

Sorry for not posting! I got completely distracted, sorry for making you guys wait. I'll join in on the next prompt again, as I have to work tonight. ;c

I think two days sounds reasonable. (:
@Tacodoodle @Moonwater

Sorry for not posting! I got completely distracted, sorry for making you guys wait. I'll join in on the next prompt again, as I have to work tonight. ;c

I think two days sounds reasonable. (:
tumblr_oixl5feVPi1u3wsjco1_250.png
@hoothootx3

Ok, sounds great!
@hoothootx3

Ok, sounds great!
@Kapara @hoothootx3

The winner of this round is favyn! They will be your next judge!

Individual feedback is as follows:

@Tacodoodle
A little background: this prompt was based off of a k-pop song by a girl group named Ladies' Code. The song is called Galaxy, and if you're interested, you can listen to it. In 2014, this five-member group was in a car accident that killed two of its members. Just this February, they returned as a three-member group with this song. The song has nothing to do with death, but there are motifs in their live performances that point to death anyways. The fact that you chose to write about the galaxy in parallel to death really hit home for me. As the fangirls would say: my feels.

Your writing was hauntingly beautiful, and I loved the uninformed bliss of the person who was dying. Even your last line shows the ignorance of the narrator, who is solely concerned with their own fun that they do not bother to wonder what exactly they were doing in a white room and why the people are crying. Your description was on point, and overall it was just a lovely piece of writing! To be honest, your story was my favorite (not that this means favyn's was any less impressive), but I felt that we should give someone else a turn to be the judge, so I nominated favyn.

@favvn
Your story was incredibly innocent and sweet. I enjoyed the interaction between between Nova and Lorelai, and they were a very cute couple. Especially because of how trusting Lorelai was, it made it very sweet. I would have liked a little more futuristic description, since that seems to be when this story is set. A little more description of the scene in the bar would have also been good, but it's great as it is!

@coyearth
The main question I have right now is: what is "he"? What species is he? How can he just take someone to the moon, especially since I'm assuming that the narrator is human and needs oxygen. The piece is very open-ended and leaves me with a lot of questions, but it's also very sweet. Nice job!

@StarSeeker255
I enjoyed your piece very much, and I liked the futuristic setting. It leaves me with so many unanswered questions, mainly: "why did his ship explode?" Your story feels like the beginning to a superhero story, though I'm not sure if that's the effect you were aiming for. Maybe Jill goes on to become a spaceship flyer and soldier, to carry on her father's legacy? The possibilities are endless!
@Kapara @hoothootx3

The winner of this round is favyn! They will be your next judge!

Individual feedback is as follows:

@Tacodoodle
A little background: this prompt was based off of a k-pop song by a girl group named Ladies' Code. The song is called Galaxy, and if you're interested, you can listen to it. In 2014, this five-member group was in a car accident that killed two of its members. Just this February, they returned as a three-member group with this song. The song has nothing to do with death, but there are motifs in their live performances that point to death anyways. The fact that you chose to write about the galaxy in parallel to death really hit home for me. As the fangirls would say: my feels.

Your writing was hauntingly beautiful, and I loved the uninformed bliss of the person who was dying. Even your last line shows the ignorance of the narrator, who is solely concerned with their own fun that they do not bother to wonder what exactly they were doing in a white room and why the people are crying. Your description was on point, and overall it was just a lovely piece of writing! To be honest, your story was my favorite (not that this means favyn's was any less impressive), but I felt that we should give someone else a turn to be the judge, so I nominated favyn.

@favvn
Your story was incredibly innocent and sweet. I enjoyed the interaction between between Nova and Lorelai, and they were a very cute couple. Especially because of how trusting Lorelai was, it made it very sweet. I would have liked a little more futuristic description, since that seems to be when this story is set. A little more description of the scene in the bar would have also been good, but it's great as it is!

@coyearth
The main question I have right now is: what is "he"? What species is he? How can he just take someone to the moon, especially since I'm assuming that the narrator is human and needs oxygen. The piece is very open-ended and leaves me with a lot of questions, but it's also very sweet. Nice job!

@StarSeeker255
I enjoyed your piece very much, and I liked the futuristic setting. It leaves me with so many unanswered questions, mainly: "why did his ship explode?" Your story feels like the beginning to a superhero story, though I'm not sure if that's the effect you were aiming for. Maybe Jill goes on to become a spaceship flyer and soldier, to carry on her father's legacy? The possibilities are endless!
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
@favvn

Great job! :3
@favvn

Great job! :3
Yay, good job everyone! I enjoyed reading your stories. :3 (I'll probably say this every round because it'll probably be true lol)

@Tacodoodle Yeah, two days it's good! Also, I'm glad you enjoyed my little fanfic. ;)

Edit: Actually, I'm leaving to go back to college soon so I'll probably sit out on the next few rounds. I'll come back once my life is in order again though!
Yay, good job everyone! I enjoyed reading your stories. :3 (I'll probably say this every round because it'll probably be true lol)

@Tacodoodle Yeah, two days it's good! Also, I'm glad you enjoyed my little fanfic. ;)

Edit: Actually, I'm leaving to go back to college soon so I'll probably sit out on the next few rounds. I'll come back once my life is in order again though!
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 186 187