Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66 67
Wip number 2 [img]http://i.imgur.com/eqGIcWB.png[/img] I'm open for any tips or criticism about my little entry. Anything seem a bit off or needs improvement anybody? Not sure what to do with the eyes really but I suppose it's okay for a moth to have blank-ish eyes.
Wip number 2

eqGIcWB.png

I'm open for any tips or criticism about my little entry. Anything seem a bit off or needs improvement anybody? Not sure what to do with the eyes really but I suppose it's okay for a moth to have blank-ish eyes.
@MagicHats, yours is looking great so far! your gradients are a bit short and you could experiment with what you think looks best, but i'd try to extend those gradients a bit. the red on the wings is looking pretty good too, but maybe you could implement a bit of a scarlet color gradient in there as well.

as for the rest of it, maybe try an off-white coloration for the white bits? it'll be shaded, sure, but i'd also try out what that off-white/eggshell color would add to the table, so highlights can be added in, as well as to give off the slightest bit more color. the eyes will also have detail added in, so you probably don't need to worry about that!

sorry this got so lengthy shkdfjdkf
@MagicHats, yours is looking great so far! your gradients are a bit short and you could experiment with what you think looks best, but i'd try to extend those gradients a bit. the red on the wings is looking pretty good too, but maybe you could implement a bit of a scarlet color gradient in there as well.

as for the rest of it, maybe try an off-white coloration for the white bits? it'll be shaded, sure, but i'd also try out what that off-white/eggshell color would add to the table, so highlights can be added in, as well as to give off the slightest bit more color. the eyes will also have detail added in, so you probably don't need to worry about that!

sorry this got so lengthy shkdfjdkf
tumblr_inline_nuxyosylZm1tyu8aj_540.png
@Chills Second WIP. Still trying to figure out what I will do with the wings but crossing that bridge when i come to it. Also deciding between just pink ears or trying to copy from my references which are mostly the tan XD [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/e2e9bd0847da5beafc202286ef3cc993/tumblr_nx46ytytnf1qmffl2o9_r1_540.png[/img]
@Chills Second WIP. Still trying to figure out what I will do with the wings but crossing that bridge when i come to it. Also deciding between just pink ears or trying to copy from my references which are mostly the tan XD

tumblr_nx46ytytnf1qmffl2o9_r1_540.png
@polkadotcreeper I love your entry! So don't be nervous!
@polkadotcreeper I love your entry! So don't be nervous!
tumblr_npv36fz0NT1unlofso1_400.png
@Kleinu thank you! I just get a little jittery around entering things! i don't want to mess up!
@Kleinu thank you! I just get a little jittery around entering things! i don't want to mess up!
@undel I don't think it's clear to a lot of people that are coloring the Perytons that they're not supposed to color in their own pupils. I don't think it states it clear in the rules either and the buny example isn't anything to go on for them, since that has the pupil drawn in already.
A heads up would be awesome for them so they don't get disqualified.
:D
@undel I don't think it's clear to a lot of people that are coloring the Perytons that they're not supposed to color in their own pupils. I don't think it states it clear in the rules either and the buny example isn't anything to go on for them, since that has the pupil drawn in already.
A heads up would be awesome for them so they don't get disqualified.
:D
@coldfire3

you got a '?1' at the end of your link! nice entry btw! ^.^
@coldfire3

you got a '?1' at the end of your link! nice entry btw! ^.^
35326_s.gif
@Bluedragon

Thanks XD I think I got it fixed up haha it didn't want to work for me for a minute! Glad you like it though :) it would be nice to win but idk if I will :S so many good artists!

Are you entering anything?
@Bluedragon

Thanks XD I think I got it fixed up haha it didn't want to work for me for a minute! Glad you like it though :) it would be nice to win but idk if I will :S so many good artists!

Are you entering anything?
kghXjOr.png
@KuroKomui @Voltaic

Lovely entries from both of you! However, I believe drawing in your own pupils on the blank eyes will get you disqualified! Pupils are not marked out on the lines, and I don't think it's intended for people to add them.

@Undel can you comfirm/deny this? I'm seeing a lot of people drawing in their own pupils on the perytons.
@KuroKomui @Voltaic

Lovely entries from both of you! However, I believe drawing in your own pupils on the blank eyes will get you disqualified! Pupils are not marked out on the lines, and I don't think it's intended for people to add them.

@Undel can you comfirm/deny this? I'm seeing a lot of people drawing in their own pupils on the perytons.
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
@vulpines Omg, that hainu is SUPER cute. I love the coloration in the eyes! (I entered a corgi one too, because WHY NOT.)
@vulpines Omg, that hainu is SUPER cute. I love the coloration in the eyes! (I entered a corgi one too, because WHY NOT.)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66 67