Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66 67
@Aspyria I really like how the Peryton is coming along! I'd suggest adding the gold stuff to the tail, the back leg, and maybe the horns, and possibly put some stars on the wings and tail. Also, putting a little pink and/or green around the yellow might give it an aurora borealis look. Overall, I like the peryton more than the questing beast. ----- So I kinda feel bad about putting this in a post that I pinged someone too, but there was a dumb stray line that I saw on my submission, so I fixed that: [url=http://i.imgur.com/sYbjLzM.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/sYbjLzM.png[/img][/url] I was trying to figure out how to make the red fit better with the purples, but I got bored and started throwing random colors on there. Here's what happened: [url=http://i.imgur.com/KtDuB8w.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/KtDuB8w.png[/img][/url] And I kinda really like it better? But now I want to add blues and reds where the purples and pinks are...
@Aspyria I really like how the Peryton is coming along! I'd suggest adding the gold stuff to the tail, the back leg, and maybe the horns, and possibly put some stars on the wings and tail. Also, putting a little pink and/or green around the yellow might give it an aurora borealis look. Overall, I like the peryton more than the questing beast.

So I kinda feel bad about putting this in a post that I pinged someone too, but there was a dumb stray line that I saw on my submission, so I fixed that:

sYbjLzM.png

I was trying to figure out how to make the red fit better with the purples, but I got bored and started throwing random colors on there. Here's what happened:

KtDuB8w.png

And I kinda really like it better? But now I want to add blues and reds where the purples and pinks are...
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals
| | LF eggs:
@cherryj016 thanks for the input!!

i think the pinks and purples match the red better, but if you like the green i'd recolor it all blues and indigos with red accents or something of the sort :P
@cherryj016 thanks for the input!!

i think the pinks and purples match the red better, but if you like the green i'd recolor it all blues and indigos with red accents or something of the sort :P
4MKDoae.png
@Aspyria That was pretty much my though process. The red one looks a lot more unified, but the green pops a lot more. I like how the purple and green gradients look, but I'll probably substitute the pink shades with blues. Also the back gradient is the worst and I don't wanna redo it
@Aspyria That was pretty much my though process. The red one looks a lot more unified, but the green pops a lot more. I like how the purple and green gradients look, but I'll probably substitute the pink shades with blues. Also the back gradient is the worst and I don't wanna redo it
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals
| | LF eggs:
@Cherrj016 i feel your pain xD

i can't use the gradient tool for the life of me thanks to my really bad select tool skills
@Cherrj016 i feel your pain xD

i can't use the gradient tool for the life of me thanks to my really bad select tool skills
4MKDoae.png
@Aspyria Haha yeah I've learned SO MUCH about selecting stuff and the gradient tool because of this contest.

Also, do you have a color select tool? it's 500% easier to do gradients if you color in the area you want the gradient on, then color select the area, then fill the area with gradient. That's how I did all of my gradients.
@Aspyria Haha yeah I've learned SO MUCH about selecting stuff and the gradient tool because of this contest.

Also, do you have a color select tool? it's 500% easier to do gradients if you color in the area you want the gradient on, then color select the area, then fill the area with gradient. That's how I did all of my gradients.
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals
| | LF eggs:
@cherryj016 not sure...i mostly just use smudge, which isn't bad, but the gradient tool is so much better
@cherryj016 not sure...i mostly just use smudge, which isn't bad, but the gradient tool is so much better
4MKDoae.png
[quote name="manypets4me" date=2015-11-26 21:02:59] [img]http://pre03.deviantart.net/6bee/th/pre/i/2015/330/b/b/flight_rising_art_competition____by_manypets4me-d9i5m42.png[/img] It's a work in progress, but here's what I got so far :D @CeruleanVortex Plus it's the first thing I've ever done here XD and first time using an art thingy on my comp. I still need to fix some uneven patterns on it... [/quote] Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could get some feedback or suggestions :D I'm thinking of making the light blue for the boy a tiny bit darker and adding some white gradient to the black. Thank you :D
manypets4me wrote on 2015-11-26:
flight_rising_art_competition____by_manypets4me-d9i5m42.png
It's a work in progress, but here's what I got so far :D @CeruleanVortex Plus it's the first thing I've ever done here XD and first time using an art thingy on my comp. I still need to fix some uneven patterns on it...
Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could get some feedback or suggestions :D I'm thinking of making the light blue for the boy a tiny bit darker and adding some white gradient to the black. Thank you :D
I lick things to claim them as my own..
@ShadowindART Thank you so much! i really like yours; its so colorful, the only thing I worry about is losing some of the finer details in the shrink. @Phooka That suggestion was incredibly helpful! I updated it with that and it looks a lot better. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/9a9daf7d81b962c83cab468d6dab1988/tumblr_nyk8jz308w1qgs2k4o1_540.png[/img] I added a tongue on mine instead of just the solid mouth. Thoughts anyone? If anyone is interested, I did a count of submissions and here are the rough stats: Peryton: 145 Questing Beast: 95 Camien Welp: 81 Shard Bear: 53 Dwarf Hainu: 48 Manticore: 46 Mith: 45 Yeti: 33
@ShadowindART
Thank you so much! i really like yours; its so colorful, the only thing I worry about is losing some of the finer details in the shrink.

@Phooka
That suggestion was incredibly helpful! I updated it with that and it looks a lot better.
tumblr_nyk8jz308w1qgs2k4o1_540.png
I added a tongue on mine instead of just the solid mouth. Thoughts anyone?

If anyone is interested, I did a count of submissions and here are the rough stats:
Peryton: 145
Questing Beast: 95
Camien Welp: 81
Shard Bear: 53
Dwarf Hainu: 48
Manticore: 46
Mith: 45
Yeti: 33
tumblr_nyrgsrwLuI1qgs2k4o1_500.png
@AccursedAsche Thank I did exactly that :) I coloured with it more, well as you could see. I also simplified the peacock "eyes of the feathers" a lot and well removed all remaining brushwork. I also used plenty of clipping masks with ctrl(cmd) + alt + g (same command in photoshop) to make the workflow faster. There's so many Perytons already and it's not even halfway december! It's going to be tough choise in any case.
@AccursedAsche Thank I did exactly that :) I coloured with it more, well as you could see. I also simplified the peacock "eyes of the feathers" a lot and well removed all remaining brushwork. I also used plenty of clipping masks with ctrl(cmd) + alt + g (same command in photoshop) to make the workflow faster. There's so many Perytons already and it's not even halfway december! It's going to be tough choise in any case.
oOhOSVC.png Link to my Art Corner
Link to my Flight Rising Comic Strips
whoops looks like ive got a big post full of praise c:

@Shanty I really love your Embertail Albino! I like that even though it lacks pigment, there are still patterns on the hide.

@reliquiaen I love oryx too! I like how your submission combines natural antelope colours with bright plumage!

@slowbronite Yours is such a unique Idea! I love the concept of a honey bear :D

@vlasdygoth your colour palette is so eye catching and dynamic!! I love the veins in the jade, they're really gorgeous

@RoxyWolf I think this might be my fave Luna Mith entry so far!! Your submission is super lovely

@Kagira aaaaa what a cute birbdog!! I love his little red cheeks, and the detail on the ears and wings is absolutely sublime!

@TheCommonStray Husky birbdog!! She's a grogeous little pup, and really unique in the pile of corgis :)
whoops looks like ive got a big post full of praise c:

@Shanty I really love your Embertail Albino! I like that even though it lacks pigment, there are still patterns on the hide.

@reliquiaen I love oryx too! I like how your submission combines natural antelope colours with bright plumage!

@slowbronite Yours is such a unique Idea! I love the concept of a honey bear :D

@vlasdygoth your colour palette is so eye catching and dynamic!! I love the veins in the jade, they're really gorgeous

@RoxyWolf I think this might be my fave Luna Mith entry so far!! Your submission is super lovely

@Kagira aaaaa what a cute birbdog!! I love his little red cheeks, and the detail on the ears and wings is absolutely sublime!

@TheCommonStray Husky birbdog!! She's a grogeous little pup, and really unique in the pile of corgis :)
... I'm Mouse, I'm 20 and
I live in Scotland! (FR+9)

The Abbey is a Lore Clan and accepts all sorts
of letters & interactions.
Ask me about inter-clan alliances!
tumblr_oq2bldAYE61u3wsjco7_r1_250.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66 67