Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [RBC] Writing Contest - CLOSED!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Meezerqueen @marchhare @Zelan @HailfireAlicorn @felistopaz

You have been added to the pinglist! Thank you for your interest. :)
@Meezerqueen @marchhare @Zelan @HailfireAlicorn @felistopaz

You have been added to the pinglist! Thank you for your interest. :)
@sylscarlett

Daily Question: What is your absolute favorite part of the writing process?

Publishing for sure. I absolutely love getting feedback, and that won't happen unless it's out there for people to see.
@sylscarlett

Publishing for sure. I absolutely love getting feedback, and that won't happen unless it's out there for people to see.
2drwvZa.png
@sylscarlett
Daily Prompt 11/23:
For nineteen of the twenty three years of her life, Isabel's family was lead by the eldest child of the main line, the most powerful living Jewler. It was never expected that she'd ever inherit the role, with the three other children of the main line and two more closely related branch families than her own, but after the slaughter of everyone residing in the main house, it was thrust upon her as she became the current most powerful Jewler. Allyless, leading the tattered remnants of her family in secrecy, she'd love nothing more than freedom for herself and family.

(Now if only I could figure out her actual name, rather than a placeholder borrowed from one of my DnD characters. >.>)
@sylscarlett
Daily Prompt 11/23:
For nineteen of the twenty three years of her life, Isabel's family was lead by the eldest child of the main line, the most powerful living Jewler. It was never expected that she'd ever inherit the role, with the three other children of the main line and two more closely related branch families than her own, but after the slaughter of everyone residing in the main house, it was thrust upon her as she became the current most powerful Jewler. Allyless, leading the tattered remnants of her family in secrecy, she'd love nothing more than freedom for herself and family.

(Now if only I could figure out her actual name, rather than a placeholder borrowed from one of my DnD characters. >.>)
BuzkRQB.png
@sylscarlett

Daily Question:
What is your absolute favorite part of the writing process?

Getting feedback XD But for the actual writing: Either the first rush of writing when I have had an idea I really like (not everything I write starts like that, though), or the final edits when I'm just tweaking things around until I have found just the right word etc. c:

@sylscarlett

Daily Question:
What is your absolute favorite part of the writing process?

Getting feedback XD But for the actual writing: Either the first rush of writing when I have had an idea I really like (not everything I write starts like that, though), or the final edits when I'm just tweaking things around until I have found just the right word etc. c:

cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
@sylscarlett Thanks for the answer! The submission form looks good now, I understand what everything is.

Daily Question: I'd have to say the initial brainstorming is my favorite part. The feeling of getting all my ideas out on paper (or onto a screen, sometimes) is incredible - it gives me a chance to lay everything out and see what I've got to work with so far. The editing afterwards is, of course, always necessary, but can feel like a bit of a drag compared to the first step.

Daily Prompt: Ida slumped down in her chair and sighed, closing her sore eyes. It was about 3 am, she was running a fever, and she still had to revise her paper before she could try to get some shuteye. Not that it would make much difference at this point.

Mira warned you, the condescending voice in Ida's head taunted. It was, admittedly, pretty stupid of Ida not to heed her older sister's advice. Mira had dropped out of college after failing to keep up with the workload; fearing that Ida would share her fate, Mira had taken it upon herself to give Ida some tips.

And I didn't listen. Ida let her head drop back, running her fingers through her short hair. All she really wanted now - even more than to be able to sleep - was to go back to when life was simpler, when there was less to think about, the work was easier, and Mira was there to help when it wasn't.
@sylscarlett Thanks for the answer! The submission form looks good now, I understand what everything is.

Daily Question: I'd have to say the initial brainstorming is my favorite part. The feeling of getting all my ideas out on paper (or onto a screen, sometimes) is incredible - it gives me a chance to lay everything out and see what I've got to work with so far. The editing afterwards is, of course, always necessary, but can feel like a bit of a drag compared to the first step.

Daily Prompt: Ida slumped down in her chair and sighed, closing her sore eyes. It was about 3 am, she was running a fever, and she still had to revise her paper before she could try to get some shuteye. Not that it would make much difference at this point.

Mira warned you, the condescending voice in Ida's head taunted. It was, admittedly, pretty stupid of Ida not to heed her older sister's advice. Mira had dropped out of college after failing to keep up with the workload; fearing that Ida would share her fate, Mira had taken it upon herself to give Ida some tips.

And I didn't listen. Ida let her head drop back, running her fingers through her short hair. All she really wanted now - even more than to be able to sleep - was to go back to when life was simpler, when there was less to think about, the work was easier, and Mira was there to help when it wasn't.
2e1vqdf.jpgb3JnDBj.gif

My favorite part is the initial planning and worldbuilding. I love coming up with a new idea and fleshing it out into its own universe, even if the whole scope of it could never be properly expressed in the novel itself.

My favorite part is the initial planning and worldbuilding. I love coming up with a new idea and fleshing it out into its own universe, even if the whole scope of it could never be properly expressed in the novel itself.
HIHhist.gifZNhRsiG.pngHIHhist.gif

The discovery. I write, as they say, by the seat of my pants, and nothing excites me more than when a character comes into their own and says or does something that I didn’t expect. The moment when the character comes to life. That’s when I know that the story is working, the adventure is real, the character wants to be there, and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

The discovery. I write, as they say, by the seat of my pants, and nothing excites me more than when a character comes into their own and says or does something that I didn’t expect. The moment when the character comes to life. That’s when I know that the story is working, the adventure is real, the character wants to be there, and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@sylscarlett

Could I be added to the ping list list, please?

I think it depends on what I am writing. If I am writing something like a poem or essay, my favorite part of the process is once the first draft is done. I think it's interesting to see the first final product and analyze it for how I was feeling/ what I thinking when I wrote it. Also, I feel like the first draft most often holds the most raw emotion for the author, and I like to relive feeling how I did when I first began to write it. If I am writing something more along the lines of a story or character bio, I love nothing more than to create history. Nothing thrills me more than a place written in such a way that not only can you be transported into it, but you can discover its rich histories and cultures as well. The same goes for characters. The more detailed a place or character's history is, the more real that place or character becomes, and I think that's wonderful!

Daily Prompt: What does your main character want? Follow them for a few sentences.

Tap tap tap.

Aiden's shoes hit the stone pavement ever so slightly, but the sound seemed to echo loudly through the empty town square. Pulling his cloak tighter around himself, Aiden suddenly stopped moving and held his breath. Deep grey-blue eyes darted up and down the empty streets, searching for any sign of movement. Nothing. Aiden relaxed and released his suppressed breath, watching as it swirled into the cold night air. Putting his guard back up, Aiden began to trek forward once more, speeding up his pace.

Taptaptap.

@sylscarlett

Could I be added to the ping list list, please?

I think it depends on what I am writing. If I am writing something like a poem or essay, my favorite part of the process is once the first draft is done. I think it's interesting to see the first final product and analyze it for how I was feeling/ what I thinking when I wrote it. Also, I feel like the first draft most often holds the most raw emotion for the author, and I like to relive feeling how I did when I first began to write it. If I am writing something more along the lines of a story or character bio, I love nothing more than to create history. Nothing thrills me more than a place written in such a way that not only can you be transported into it, but you can discover its rich histories and cultures as well. The same goes for characters. The more detailed a place or character's history is, the more real that place or character becomes, and I think that's wonderful!

Daily Prompt: What does your main character want? Follow them for a few sentences.

Tap tap tap.

Aiden's shoes hit the stone pavement ever so slightly, but the sound seemed to echo loudly through the empty town square. Pulling his cloak tighter around himself, Aiden suddenly stopped moving and held his breath. Deep grey-blue eyes darted up and down the empty streets, searching for any sign of movement. Nothing. Aiden relaxed and released his suppressed breath, watching as it swirled into the cold night air. Putting his guard back up, Aiden began to trek forward once more, speeding up his pace.

Taptaptap.

@slyscarlet Please add me to the pinglist as well?
MONDAY: What is your absolute favorite part of the writing process?

The point where I reach the beginning of the end of my research, when ideas are coming in like little sparks setting off fireworks in my mind. This is the point when I begin to plan and write little bits and pieces, when I become truly aware of the world and the characters that inhabit it. It's absolutely intoxicating and fuels my writing weeks later, even if I've gotten stuck. This is the point in my process where I fall in love with what I'm trying to create.

Ray Bradbury said, "First, find out what your hero wants, then just follow him!"
What does your main character want? Follow him or her for a few sentences.

Pluto followed Nimbus covertly, ducking behind snowbanks when she turned to look behind her, green eyes narrowed in a suspicious squint. If it wasn't for the bright tattoos across her back, he would have lost her in the snow.

He rushed to brush windblown hair from his eyes and searched for her. Nothing. The wind beat against his back, pushing him towards the empty icefield where she had been standing a second before.

Something warm collided with him, sending him into the nearest snowbank. Nimbus grinned at him, her laughter like bells as she pressed warm lips to his.
@slyscarlet Please add me to the pinglist as well?
MONDAY: What is your absolute favorite part of the writing process?

The point where I reach the beginning of the end of my research, when ideas are coming in like little sparks setting off fireworks in my mind. This is the point when I begin to plan and write little bits and pieces, when I become truly aware of the world and the characters that inhabit it. It's absolutely intoxicating and fuels my writing weeks later, even if I've gotten stuck. This is the point in my process where I fall in love with what I'm trying to create.

Ray Bradbury said, "First, find out what your hero wants, then just follow him!"
What does your main character want? Follow him or her for a few sentences.

Pluto followed Nimbus covertly, ducking behind snowbanks when she turned to look behind her, green eyes narrowed in a suspicious squint. If it wasn't for the bright tattoos across her back, he would have lost her in the snow.

He rushed to brush windblown hair from his eyes and searched for her. Nothing. The wind beat against his back, pushing him towards the empty icefield where she had been standing a second before.

Something warm collided with him, sending him into the nearest snowbank. Nimbus grinned at him, her laughter like bells as she pressed warm lips to his.
XnpR6dC.pngpE9XtJL.png
@sylscarlett

1)Question: I think my favorite part of the writing process as a writer and a peer is when you're in the roughest of drafts phase and everything is so malleable. You're over the hump of getting something written, you have the ember of something, and you can get feedback, ideas, and constructive criticism (or give it) and there's a simple delight when one of those things clicks and that ember flares into a fire.

2)Prompt: Her boot heels made unsatisfactory muffled thumps on the rain-damp pavement. Irritated, she pulled her hood up a little tighter over her eyes and forced her feet down a little more violently. Her thoughts were fractured lightning burning through her synapses--their expression should be thunder. Yet the resounding charged echo haunted her alone, resonating in her bones with a painful hollowness.
@sylscarlett

1)Question: I think my favorite part of the writing process as a writer and a peer is when you're in the roughest of drafts phase and everything is so malleable. You're over the hump of getting something written, you have the ember of something, and you can get feedback, ideas, and constructive criticism (or give it) and there's a simple delight when one of those things clicks and that ember flares into a fire.

2)Prompt: Her boot heels made unsatisfactory muffled thumps on the rain-damp pavement. Irritated, she pulled her hood up a little tighter over her eyes and forced her feet down a little more violently. Her thoughts were fractured lightning burning through her synapses--their expression should be thunder. Yet the resounding charged echo haunted her alone, resonating in her bones with a painful hollowness.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11