Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 21 Sacraments:SH4 Nuzlocke
1 2
[center][b]21 Sacraments: A Silent Hill 4 based Nuzlocke-style challenge[/b][/center] After stumbling across [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1481136]Pasafatu's Cthulu-style Nuzlocke challenge[/url], I got really excited. When I found out Registration was opening soon, I became even more excited. I've been thinking about joining this site off and on for awhile. My friends play here, and I thought it might be fun. I'm not super into collecting virtual pets, though, so I wanted to find a way to get into it so I could talk about it with them, but also maybe find a way to become more attached to my dragons. Since the registration was announced, I've been devising the rules by which I will play. My rules borrow heavily from Pasafatu's and will be modified versions of eirs in a lot of places. I'm hoping to eventually have a dragon personification of the Holy Mother by the time she's resurrected. A friend found the perfect one when I started talking to them about this, and they're trying to breed her for me! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1644866]My personal tracking thread can be found here.[/url] [center]Since this is a Silent Hill based challenge: [img]http://i.imgur.com/Hki8cCA.jpg[/img][/center]
21 Sacraments: A Silent Hill 4 based Nuzlocke-style challenge

After stumbling across Pasafatu's Cthulu-style Nuzlocke challenge, I got really excited. When I found out Registration was opening soon, I became even more excited. I've been thinking about joining this site off and on for awhile. My friends play here, and I thought it might be fun. I'm not super into collecting virtual pets, though, so I wanted to find a way to get into it so I could talk about it with them, but also maybe find a way to become more attached to my dragons. Since the registration was announced, I've been devising the rules by which I will play.

My rules borrow heavily from Pasafatu's and will be modified versions of eirs in a lot of places. I'm hoping to eventually have a dragon personification of the Holy Mother by the time she's resurrected. A friend found the perfect one when I started talking to them about this, and they're trying to breed her for me!

My personal tracking thread can be found here.

Since this is a Silent Hill based challenge:
Hki8cCA.jpg
tumblr_inline_nj2by2nG1X1rkfucz.png
Raising the Holy Mother

Well it's not called the 21 Sacraments for nothing folks! Come on Eileen, you're going to be serving the Shadowbinder now!

21 sacrifices are required. They can be hatchlings or adults, it doesn't matter. Feel free to build them into your lore or make up whatever you need to to fit, but there's no Holy Mother until the 21 Sacraments are done. You're going to need a Coli team, though, so don't just go killing everyone or you're gonna have a bad time!

In the original modified rules, 1/3 of the dragons sacrificed were allowed to form the new clan. 1/3 of 21 is 7. That means we have a tiny clan of 7 dragons.

Because this Nuzlocke is lore based and relies heavily on the main dragon devoted to raising the Holy Mother, she has to stick around, but that doesn't mean she can't die! If she dies and is exalted, the next female hatchling will take on her role and carry the same name. Or you can use a male hatchling, if you prefer. Maybe this dragon is past caring about what gender they're born into or maybe they have no control over what body their spirit gets dumped back into. Either way, they're in it to win it, and they're going to be your main character for the duration. Hope you like her!

The first 10 exaltees are the 10 hearts. After the first 10, reward yourself in some way.

The next 5 under the Second Sign are Assumption (Herself - your main character)*, Darkness, Void, Gloom, and Despair (the Giver of Wisdom). Work that into your lore however you want. Your main character, of course, doesn't die. But you can gene her now as a symbol of her shedding her skin and being born again!

Under the Third Sign, you have Source, Temptation, Watchfulness and Chaos.

Under the Final Sign, you have the Holy Mother in her current earthly (and therefore limited) reincarnation, and the Receiver of Wisdom.

Exalt them all to the Shadowbinder (or whoever your deity is, feel free to modify this if you want to use it!) and you're ready to start life under the reign of the Holy Mother reborn.

Things aren't going to go the way you thought they were, are they?

*You won't exalt your main dragon! If she dies, she reincarnates back into the same body. Feel free to include this in her lore and pay penalties if you so desire.
Raising the Holy Mother

Well it's not called the 21 Sacraments for nothing folks! Come on Eileen, you're going to be serving the Shadowbinder now!

21 sacrifices are required. They can be hatchlings or adults, it doesn't matter. Feel free to build them into your lore or make up whatever you need to to fit, but there's no Holy Mother until the 21 Sacraments are done. You're going to need a Coli team, though, so don't just go killing everyone or you're gonna have a bad time!

In the original modified rules, 1/3 of the dragons sacrificed were allowed to form the new clan. 1/3 of 21 is 7. That means we have a tiny clan of 7 dragons.

Because this Nuzlocke is lore based and relies heavily on the main dragon devoted to raising the Holy Mother, she has to stick around, but that doesn't mean she can't die! If she dies and is exalted, the next female hatchling will take on her role and carry the same name. Or you can use a male hatchling, if you prefer. Maybe this dragon is past caring about what gender they're born into or maybe they have no control over what body their spirit gets dumped back into. Either way, they're in it to win it, and they're going to be your main character for the duration. Hope you like her!

The first 10 exaltees are the 10 hearts. After the first 10, reward yourself in some way.

The next 5 under the Second Sign are Assumption (Herself - your main character)*, Darkness, Void, Gloom, and Despair (the Giver of Wisdom). Work that into your lore however you want. Your main character, of course, doesn't die. But you can gene her now as a symbol of her shedding her skin and being born again!

Under the Third Sign, you have Source, Temptation, Watchfulness and Chaos.

Under the Final Sign, you have the Holy Mother in her current earthly (and therefore limited) reincarnation, and the Receiver of Wisdom.

Exalt them all to the Shadowbinder (or whoever your deity is, feel free to modify this if you want to use it!) and you're ready to start life under the reign of the Holy Mother reborn.

Things aren't going to go the way you thought they were, are they?

*You won't exalt your main dragon! If she dies, she reincarnates back into the same body. Feel free to include this in her lore and pay penalties if you so desire.
Daily Life
Thanks to @Pasafatu for these rules. I'm not really modifying them.

1. You can both gather food and grind for food in the coli.
  2. If a dragon faints in the coli, it is dead and will be exalted.
  3. Each hatchling in a nest will have a coin flipped for it. If the flip is tails, the hatchling is dead and will be exalted. If the flip is heads, the hatchling survives to adulthood.

You are at first limited to your flight’s area for everything you do. This does not apply to the location of coli venues or to the marketplace -- every flight area is assumed to have the equivalents of each venue in them, and to have its own marketplace. At level 7, a dragon can access the territories of adjacent flights. At level 15, a dragon can access territories adjacent to those territories. At level 20, the reach expands again, and at level 25 everywhere is available if it was not already so. It should be noted that Ice flight and Nature flight territory are not considered to be adjacent to any other flights, but to be one removed, considering the oceans in between. These rules limit where you can gather items, what clans you can interact with lore-wise, and who you can get new dragons from.

Example: I am in Shadow. My level 1-6 dragons cannot leave Shadow territory. My level 7-14 dragons can travel to Earth, Plague, Water, and Light, as well as Shadow. My level 15-19 dragons can travel to everywhere but Ice, or stay in Shadow. My level 20-25 dragons can travel everywhere including Ice.

Traveling to other flight areas involves travel times. One or more dragons may be selected to travel, and they will be ‘unusable’ for anything else for the duration of that travel -- you cannot take them into the coli, and cannot use them to gather food or other items (unless they were sent away to gather specifically in another flight’s territory). Travel time is 2 days (real time) for adjacent territories, 4 days for territories one farther, and 6 days for territories one farther -- half to reach the location and half to return. If desired, dragons may stay in the destination for more time, but this will also be measured in real days and will delay their return to the clan.

Example: My dragons can travel to Earth, Plague, Water, or Light and back in 2 days. They can travel to Arcane, Wind, Fire, Lightning, or Nature and back in 4 days. They can travel to Ice and back in 6 days.
Daily Life
Thanks to @Pasafatu for these rules. I'm not really modifying them.

1. You can both gather food and grind for food in the coli.
  2. If a dragon faints in the coli, it is dead and will be exalted.
  3. Each hatchling in a nest will have a coin flipped for it. If the flip is tails, the hatchling is dead and will be exalted. If the flip is heads, the hatchling survives to adulthood.

You are at first limited to your flight’s area for everything you do. This does not apply to the location of coli venues or to the marketplace -- every flight area is assumed to have the equivalents of each venue in them, and to have its own marketplace. At level 7, a dragon can access the territories of adjacent flights. At level 15, a dragon can access territories adjacent to those territories. At level 20, the reach expands again, and at level 25 everywhere is available if it was not already so. It should be noted that Ice flight and Nature flight territory are not considered to be adjacent to any other flights, but to be one removed, considering the oceans in between. These rules limit where you can gather items, what clans you can interact with lore-wise, and who you can get new dragons from.

Example: I am in Shadow. My level 1-6 dragons cannot leave Shadow territory. My level 7-14 dragons can travel to Earth, Plague, Water, and Light, as well as Shadow. My level 15-19 dragons can travel to everywhere but Ice, or stay in Shadow. My level 20-25 dragons can travel everywhere including Ice.

Traveling to other flight areas involves travel times. One or more dragons may be selected to travel, and they will be ‘unusable’ for anything else for the duration of that travel -- you cannot take them into the coli, and cannot use them to gather food or other items (unless they were sent away to gather specifically in another flight’s territory). Travel time is 2 days (real time) for adjacent territories, 4 days for territories one farther, and 6 days for territories one farther -- half to reach the location and half to return. If desired, dragons may stay in the destination for more time, but this will also be measured in real days and will delay their return to the clan.

Example: My dragons can travel to Earth, Plague, Water, or Light and back in 2 days. They can travel to Arcane, Wind, Fire, Lightning, or Nature and back in 4 days. They can travel to Ice and back in 6 days.
Getting New Dragons

This version of the Nuzlocke does not have as much of a moratorium on obtaining dragons that many Nuzlockes do, because the eldritch abomination is what is making your life difficult, not arbitrary rules about when you can get dragons.
  1. You may hatch dragons laid by your current clan members, or from unhatched eggs you find through scavenging or the coli.
  2. You can use the crossroads to obtain dragons from other users. This is dependant upon the above rules regarding which territories your clan can access. If I only have level 1-6 dragons, I can only receive crossroads from other Shadow members, and so on and so forth. Furthermore, a crossroads trade can only occur between you and clans that you are friends with, as these people are considered to be your clan’s ‘diplomatic contacts’. Crossroads from friends not in your flight are affected by your clan’s current reach and by the travel times of the last section.

The AH

The Auction House is filled with souls waiting to be called into the Holy Mother's fold. When they are called to this clan, they join its ranks and become Devoted to her. If they don't like it, that's going to be bad news for them and you can absolutely work that into your plot. Maybe they hear her speaking to them or feel a compulsion to worship her or do her bidding. It's likely that dragons from other flights aren't going to hop on the Shadowbinder train nearly as quickly, but something draws them to your clan - work this into your lore. Maybe they lost someone, maybe they're looking for something, maybe they have their own personal demons to exorcise and that draws them here. If the dragons come with lore or backstories from the auction house use it! Traded in dragons sent through the Crossroads really have the same rules applied to them.

The idea of a dragon black market is very interesting to me, but I haven't figured out away to fit it into this loreset, so I don't know if I can use it. If I come up with something, I'll come back to this. If you have any ideas, please feel free to ping/pm me, as I'd love to hear them!

AH trips are very stressful - you're extending the Holy Mother's reach outside of her clan and it really drains her. As such, the traveling rules apply:

Each flight area is considered to have its own version of the AH. AH purchases are similar to gathering and crossroads in that you can only make deals with members of flights that you can conceivably travel to, since these clans are putting their wares for sale in their native territories. If you somehow access the AH with only level 1-6 dragons, you will only be able to access your native flight’s black market.

There is also a limit to purchases. While multiple dragons can be designated to travel to an AH, each dragon can only carry back 100 units of purchases.
  1. Food and materials count as 1 unit per item.
  2. Apparel items count as 20 units per item, unless they can be worn by the dragon as soon as purchase occurs. In this case they do not take up any space.
  3. Adult dragons count as 200 units. Two dragons will be required to purchase an adult dragon and they cannot carry anything else. Hatchlings count as 100 units.
  4. Familiars count as 100 units.
  5. Battle items count as 20 units per item.
  6. Skins and accents count as 25 units per item, unless the skin can be equipped by the dragon as soon as purchase occurs. In this case they do not take up any space.
  7. Trinkets vary in unit size. Average, common trinkets take up 1 unit per item similarly to foods and materials. Chests and eggs count as 50 units per item, except for broken bottle chests (penny jar and bone jar), which count as 10 units per item. Speciality scrolls (gene, breed, rename) count as 25 units per item, unless they can be applied to the dragon as soon as purchase occurs. In this case they do not take up any space.

Because AH trips can be so stressful, dragons who have been to the AH require a calming period of at least one week after a trip. Purchasing a dragon from the AH increases the recovery time of all involved to two weeks. These recovery times can be lengthened or shortened depending of the mental state of the dragons who visited (see the CP Rules below).
Getting New Dragons

This version of the Nuzlocke does not have as much of a moratorium on obtaining dragons that many Nuzlockes do, because the eldritch abomination is what is making your life difficult, not arbitrary rules about when you can get dragons.
  1. You may hatch dragons laid by your current clan members, or from unhatched eggs you find through scavenging or the coli.
  2. You can use the crossroads to obtain dragons from other users. This is dependant upon the above rules regarding which territories your clan can access. If I only have level 1-6 dragons, I can only receive crossroads from other Shadow members, and so on and so forth. Furthermore, a crossroads trade can only occur between you and clans that you are friends with, as these people are considered to be your clan’s ‘diplomatic contacts’. Crossroads from friends not in your flight are affected by your clan’s current reach and by the travel times of the last section.

The AH

The Auction House is filled with souls waiting to be called into the Holy Mother's fold. When they are called to this clan, they join its ranks and become Devoted to her. If they don't like it, that's going to be bad news for them and you can absolutely work that into your plot. Maybe they hear her speaking to them or feel a compulsion to worship her or do her bidding. It's likely that dragons from other flights aren't going to hop on the Shadowbinder train nearly as quickly, but something draws them to your clan - work this into your lore. Maybe they lost someone, maybe they're looking for something, maybe they have their own personal demons to exorcise and that draws them here. If the dragons come with lore or backstories from the auction house use it! Traded in dragons sent through the Crossroads really have the same rules applied to them.

The idea of a dragon black market is very interesting to me, but I haven't figured out away to fit it into this loreset, so I don't know if I can use it. If I come up with something, I'll come back to this. If you have any ideas, please feel free to ping/pm me, as I'd love to hear them!

AH trips are very stressful - you're extending the Holy Mother's reach outside of her clan and it really drains her. As such, the traveling rules apply:

Each flight area is considered to have its own version of the AH. AH purchases are similar to gathering and crossroads in that you can only make deals with members of flights that you can conceivably travel to, since these clans are putting their wares for sale in their native territories. If you somehow access the AH with only level 1-6 dragons, you will only be able to access your native flight’s black market.

There is also a limit to purchases. While multiple dragons can be designated to travel to an AH, each dragon can only carry back 100 units of purchases.
  1. Food and materials count as 1 unit per item.
  2. Apparel items count as 20 units per item, unless they can be worn by the dragon as soon as purchase occurs. In this case they do not take up any space.
  3. Adult dragons count as 200 units. Two dragons will be required to purchase an adult dragon and they cannot carry anything else. Hatchlings count as 100 units.
  4. Familiars count as 100 units.
  5. Battle items count as 20 units per item.
  6. Skins and accents count as 25 units per item, unless the skin can be equipped by the dragon as soon as purchase occurs. In this case they do not take up any space.
  7. Trinkets vary in unit size. Average, common trinkets take up 1 unit per item similarly to foods and materials. Chests and eggs count as 50 units per item, except for broken bottle chests (penny jar and bone jar), which count as 10 units per item. Speciality scrolls (gene, breed, rename) count as 25 units per item, unless they can be applied to the dragon as soon as purchase occurs. In this case they do not take up any space.

Because AH trips can be so stressful, dragons who have been to the AH require a calming period of at least one week after a trip. Purchasing a dragon from the AH increases the recovery time of all involved to two weeks. These recovery times can be lengthened or shortened depending of the mental state of the dragons who visited (see the CP Rules below).
Living With What You've Done

Relevant Statistics

Every dragon has a certain CP, or a number of Coping Points. These can be considered similar to the SAN stat in Call of Cthulhu, if you’re familiar with that game. As a dragon spends more time in the proximity of Holy Mother, their CP can and will drop, and as it drops, two and perhaps three other stats are affected: Possession and Volatile first, and Avatar second.

Every dragon starts out with 200/200 CP, 0/100 Possession, 0/100 Volatile, and 0/100 Avatar.

Each real-time day of play that a dragon spends in proximity to the abomination, they lose points to CP. The actual amount lost varies depending on circumstances. Traveling to other lands or areas will temporarily halt the loss of CP points.

The points lost to CP in step 2 are then added to either the Possession or Volatile stats, again depending on circumstances.

Every real-time day of play, each dragon is given a d100 roll for both the Possession and Volatile stats. If the roll ‘succeeds’, the dragon’s behavior is affected depending on which stat won its roll. A successful Possession roll indicates an increase in depressive behavior, an increased sensitivity to sources of light, especially the sun, and potential cessation of speech. A successful Volatile roll indicates an increase in manic behavior and increased obsessions with one or multiple of: death, hypothetical gene plans for ‘perfection’, expanding the ranks of the clan at any cost, creating or training ‘perfect’ warriors, and/or a zealous interest in exaltation.

Each time a Possession or Volatile roll is successful, the dragon loses a point from the Avatar stat. The Avatar stat is not rolled for until it reaches 50/100, at which point a ‘successful’ roll indicates that the dragon is fully compromised by the Holy Mother.

Example: A dragon has a Possession stat of 20/100. I roll a d100, or somehow otherwise randomly generate a number between 1 and 100. My result is 67, so the roll is not successful. However, I roll a 10 for the Volatile roll, which is currently at 27/100. Therefore, the dragon begins to show one of the traits listed under the Volatile roll above. I also add one point to Avatar, which is currently at 12/100, making the Avatar roll 13/100.

How to Determine Number of Points Lost
A dragon born outside the reach of the Holy Mother who moved there as an adult loses 1 CP per day. A dragon born outside the reach of the Holy Mother who moved there as a hatchling loses 2 CP per day. A dragon born inside the reach of the Holy Mother loses 3 CP per day.

A dragon with any of the Foci (see the Foci Rules below) loses 1 point per day for each incident of Focus.

How to Determine Where Lost CP Points are Applied
If the dragon was first exposed to the Holy Mother early in life (a hatchling at first exposure or born in the clan), the points are applied to Possession. If the dragon was first exposed to the abomination as an adult, the points are applied to Volatile.

However, if the dragon has any Foci, the points are applied to Possession instead.

However, if any dragons died on the real-time day when the point(s) are lost, or if the dragon is under a large amount of stress at the time of point loss, the points are applied to Volatile instead.
Living With What You've Done

Relevant Statistics

Every dragon has a certain CP, or a number of Coping Points. These can be considered similar to the SAN stat in Call of Cthulhu, if you’re familiar with that game. As a dragon spends more time in the proximity of Holy Mother, their CP can and will drop, and as it drops, two and perhaps three other stats are affected: Possession and Volatile first, and Avatar second.

Every dragon starts out with 200/200 CP, 0/100 Possession, 0/100 Volatile, and 0/100 Avatar.

Each real-time day of play that a dragon spends in proximity to the abomination, they lose points to CP. The actual amount lost varies depending on circumstances. Traveling to other lands or areas will temporarily halt the loss of CP points.

The points lost to CP in step 2 are then added to either the Possession or Volatile stats, again depending on circumstances.

Every real-time day of play, each dragon is given a d100 roll for both the Possession and Volatile stats. If the roll ‘succeeds’, the dragon’s behavior is affected depending on which stat won its roll. A successful Possession roll indicates an increase in depressive behavior, an increased sensitivity to sources of light, especially the sun, and potential cessation of speech. A successful Volatile roll indicates an increase in manic behavior and increased obsessions with one or multiple of: death, hypothetical gene plans for ‘perfection’, expanding the ranks of the clan at any cost, creating or training ‘perfect’ warriors, and/or a zealous interest in exaltation.

Each time a Possession or Volatile roll is successful, the dragon loses a point from the Avatar stat. The Avatar stat is not rolled for until it reaches 50/100, at which point a ‘successful’ roll indicates that the dragon is fully compromised by the Holy Mother.

Example: A dragon has a Possession stat of 20/100. I roll a d100, or somehow otherwise randomly generate a number between 1 and 100. My result is 67, so the roll is not successful. However, I roll a 10 for the Volatile roll, which is currently at 27/100. Therefore, the dragon begins to show one of the traits listed under the Volatile roll above. I also add one point to Avatar, which is currently at 12/100, making the Avatar roll 13/100.

How to Determine Number of Points Lost
A dragon born outside the reach of the Holy Mother who moved there as an adult loses 1 CP per day. A dragon born outside the reach of the Holy Mother who moved there as a hatchling loses 2 CP per day. A dragon born inside the reach of the Holy Mother loses 3 CP per day.

A dragon with any of the Foci (see the Foci Rules below) loses 1 point per day for each incident of Focus.

How to Determine Where Lost CP Points are Applied
If the dragon was first exposed to the Holy Mother early in life (a hatchling at first exposure or born in the clan), the points are applied to Possession. If the dragon was first exposed to the abomination as an adult, the points are applied to Volatile.

However, if the dragon has any Foci, the points are applied to Possession instead.

However, if any dragons died on the real-time day when the point(s) are lost, or if the dragon is under a large amount of stress at the time of point loss, the points are applied to Volatile instead.
Foci Rules

To make your Holy Mother more interesting, you can choose to give her certain characteristics. One facet of this is giving her focus points.

For example, since this is based heavily on Silent Hill lore, the Holy Mother has a fixation on the color red. When my Holy Mother dragon is born, I expect her to be obsidan/obsidan/x, so I'll make obsidian a second focal point, and whatever her wing color is (shooting for violet right now, although red would be very nice!)

If your focus is colors, this means one point per instance of color. An xxx obs dragon, in my lair, would lose 3 CP per day, plus the other daily point and any other points outlined above.

If you want further examples of foci rules, make sure to check out Pasafatu's thread. You should check it out anyway. Most of my rules section is ripped right from eirs as I'm really not very good at this kind of thing and wouldn't have the first idea where to begin writing my own!

But what does it mean????

Possessed dragons are going to start acting weird. If you've played Silent Hill 4, you know about Eileen's possession. This is very similar. They may start looking weird - ripple, freckle, or crackle genes are usually a sign of possession (though you may choose to pretend they aren't present before the dragon begins to become possessed!) They may gain insights and abilities they didn't previously have (the ability to read a written language or understand a spoken language that other dragons can not, for instance!). They may also begin to injure themselves or others, stop caring for themselves, or neglecting other duties, such as caring for hatchlings, gathering food, etc. The more possessed they are, the more bizarre their behavior as they approach a fully corrupted state.
Foci Rules

To make your Holy Mother more interesting, you can choose to give her certain characteristics. One facet of this is giving her focus points.

For example, since this is based heavily on Silent Hill lore, the Holy Mother has a fixation on the color red. When my Holy Mother dragon is born, I expect her to be obsidan/obsidan/x, so I'll make obsidian a second focal point, and whatever her wing color is (shooting for violet right now, although red would be very nice!)

If your focus is colors, this means one point per instance of color. An xxx obs dragon, in my lair, would lose 3 CP per day, plus the other daily point and any other points outlined above.

If you want further examples of foci rules, make sure to check out Pasafatu's thread. You should check it out anyway. Most of my rules section is ripped right from eirs as I'm really not very good at this kind of thing and wouldn't have the first idea where to begin writing my own!

But what does it mean????

Possessed dragons are going to start acting weird. If you've played Silent Hill 4, you know about Eileen's possession. This is very similar. They may start looking weird - ripple, freckle, or crackle genes are usually a sign of possession (though you may choose to pretend they aren't present before the dragon begins to become possessed!) They may gain insights and abilities they didn't previously have (the ability to read a written language or understand a spoken language that other dragons can not, for instance!). They may also begin to injure themselves or others, stop caring for themselves, or neglecting other duties, such as caring for hatchlings, gathering food, etc. The more possessed they are, the more bizarre their behavior as they approach a fully corrupted state.
Types of Corruptions

A dragon that has been the victim of a successful Avatar roll is a corruption. Corrupted dragons are part dragon-part abomination, with the abomination taking more or less percentage of their being depending on which corruption they become. Corruptions are bad news for the non-corrupted dragons of the clan, as they will work to bring more power to the abomination that is the Holy Mother -- whether or not their remaining draconic consciousness realizes what they are doing.

It should be noted that the physical descriptions below are specific to my own Nuzlocke. If you design your own abomination, you can certainly give it other design tendencies and adjust the appearances of the different corruptions to suit your abomination and your liking.

The God: The God is the rarest and most dangerous type of corruption. Essentially a miniature version of the greater abomination, the God is hard to obtain, but if a dragon is corrupted into the God the clan is very likely to be doomed. Gods are not really dragons anymore, and are mentally very changed from whoever they once were. They are silent, and never speak, nor make any sounds. They do not have pupils and their irises expand to fill most of their eye, leaving barely a sliver of sclera left. Gods will not accept scatterscrolling or gene or breed modifications after they become the Avatar. It is very common for the God to be a dragon with multiple Foci points. Even other corruptions will tend to find Faces difficult, unsettling, or impossible to be around.

How to Obtain: Gods will be near-perfect manifestations of whatever foci you choose, but can only appear after you have also had a Haunting, a Monster, a Vengeful, and supporting Thorns show up. Bonus points if you have a Garden but no God.

The Haunting: The Haunting is a very common corruption, and is often the first one to show up. The Haunting doesn’t actively do much, but will seek out dragons with high levels of avatar potential and speak to them at length, which increases CP loss. If a dragon is highly in the Volatile stage, the Haunting will insinuate themself with the volatile dragon and begin to direct their efforts. A dragon corrupted as the Haunting will no longer be actively corrupted once other corruptions appear and are in control of the clan, but the dragon who was corrupted will no longer be able to speak after being the Haunting. Hauntings lose their tongues during their corruption and can only scream and moan.

How to Obtain: Your first dragon to be corrupted is probably going to be a Haunting, unless you have a very good reason why they should be a Monster or Vengeful instead. A Child can show up before a Haunting, but since Children are rare this is unusual. Hauntings also tend to be made by dragons with a higher Possession quotient than Volatile quotient.

The Missionary: The Missionary is a corruption focused on expanding the ranks of the clan, and is usually the result of a Volatile reaching avatar state. Missionaries, ironically, do not Speak. Missionaries are highly variable in their characteristics, but tend to gain slightly sadistic tendencies. They will seek to injure and corrupt the other members of the clan to create a fully corrupted clan that only continues to bring in more members to corrupt, thus spreading the infection and the Holy Mother's influence. So much for that Paradise we were promised.

How to Obtain: Monsters are the corrupted dragons who jump out of the woodwork suddenly with little warning. They tend to be dragons who somehow lost CP at a very fast rate prior to their corruption, and they may have a greater tendency to arise from outsiders, dragons who were neither born nor raised in the area.

The Acolyte: The Acolyte is highly devoted to the Holy Mother and the Shadowbinder and will do anything to further the agenda that the Holy Mother has interpreted as the Shadowbinder's will. They have agendas, and will try to manipulate the clan into doing certain things such as expanding the ranks who have achieved specific foci points, luring more members into the clan, and otherwise extending the Holy Mother's reach. They are not above assassination when manipulation tactics fail.

How to Obtain: Acolytes are mostly determined by lore. They can have either a high Possession or high Volitile quotient, the differences between the two affecting the behavior of the Acolyte more than the outcome of actually having an Acolyte.

The Vengeful: Tending to arise from a Volatile dragon, Vengeful are heavily focused on destruction and may attack other members of the clan. The Vengeful are angry and seek to further corrupt all uncorrupted members of the clan. They lack empathy and can range from explosively violent to more subtle ways of manipulating and otherwise furthering the infection of the clan.

How to Obtain: Vengeful are created by corrupted dragons who were very aesthetically pleasing when they were first obtained, but are not exactly the near-perfect foci example of the Vengeful. If you have an Acolyte who has managed to manipulate things enough to have a breeding-for-colors program, a child from one of those programs has a higher chance of becoming an Vengeful if corrupted.

The Monster: Monsters are the most common kind of corruption, and are the corruption most likely to occur in multiples. Monster corruptions are formed from the most varied of corrupted dragons, and are the most versatile corruption, taking many possible roles. Unlike most other corruptions, Monsters don’t usually develop tendencies that are identifiable within the group, and are quite variable.

How to Obtain: If you have no really compelling corruption morph to follow for a dragon that succeeds at its avatar roll, the dragon becomes a Monster.

The Child: The Child is the most unusual corruption, and relatively rare. Unlike other corruptions, the Child does nothing that might indicate they are a corruption, behaving like a normal dragon. However, in the late stages of an infected clan, Children may be identified by their comparative normalcy. Children actively seek to avoid the Face and the other corruptions, interacting with the non-corrupted dragons as much as possible. They may become a sort of figurehead leader to these dragons. Children act at almost all times as though they are unaware of their status as a corruption. When Children sublimate, they leave untarnished bones behind.

How to Obtain: Children are rare and it’s quite possible your run won’t have any. Children come from unhatched eggs, but not necessarily -- each such egg has only a 10/100 chance of being a Child, and only if the egg is from the region your clan is native to.

The Entropy: Entropy are only barely less dangerous than Gods, and are the second rarest kind of corruption. Unlike all other corruptions, Entropy are not initially created from a normal dragon, but evolve from any of the other corruptions (with the exception of Gods). The Entropy is less of a specific role and more of a secondary characteristic of whatever corruption evolves to encompass them. Entropy gain extra traits depending on the local abomination’s Foci and manifestation tendencies, and are very dangerous. The appearance of a Entropy, similar to the appearance of a God, shows that a clan is likely doomed.

How to Obtain: An Entropy is a dragon that you love and that has already been corrupted for a very long time.
Types of Corruptions

A dragon that has been the victim of a successful Avatar roll is a corruption. Corrupted dragons are part dragon-part abomination, with the abomination taking more or less percentage of their being depending on which corruption they become. Corruptions are bad news for the non-corrupted dragons of the clan, as they will work to bring more power to the abomination that is the Holy Mother -- whether or not their remaining draconic consciousness realizes what they are doing.

It should be noted that the physical descriptions below are specific to my own Nuzlocke. If you design your own abomination, you can certainly give it other design tendencies and adjust the appearances of the different corruptions to suit your abomination and your liking.

The God: The God is the rarest and most dangerous type of corruption. Essentially a miniature version of the greater abomination, the God is hard to obtain, but if a dragon is corrupted into the God the clan is very likely to be doomed. Gods are not really dragons anymore, and are mentally very changed from whoever they once were. They are silent, and never speak, nor make any sounds. They do not have pupils and their irises expand to fill most of their eye, leaving barely a sliver of sclera left. Gods will not accept scatterscrolling or gene or breed modifications after they become the Avatar. It is very common for the God to be a dragon with multiple Foci points. Even other corruptions will tend to find Faces difficult, unsettling, or impossible to be around.

How to Obtain: Gods will be near-perfect manifestations of whatever foci you choose, but can only appear after you have also had a Haunting, a Monster, a Vengeful, and supporting Thorns show up. Bonus points if you have a Garden but no God.

The Haunting: The Haunting is a very common corruption, and is often the first one to show up. The Haunting doesn’t actively do much, but will seek out dragons with high levels of avatar potential and speak to them at length, which increases CP loss. If a dragon is highly in the Volatile stage, the Haunting will insinuate themself with the volatile dragon and begin to direct their efforts. A dragon corrupted as the Haunting will no longer be actively corrupted once other corruptions appear and are in control of the clan, but the dragon who was corrupted will no longer be able to speak after being the Haunting. Hauntings lose their tongues during their corruption and can only scream and moan.

How to Obtain: Your first dragon to be corrupted is probably going to be a Haunting, unless you have a very good reason why they should be a Monster or Vengeful instead. A Child can show up before a Haunting, but since Children are rare this is unusual. Hauntings also tend to be made by dragons with a higher Possession quotient than Volatile quotient.

The Missionary: The Missionary is a corruption focused on expanding the ranks of the clan, and is usually the result of a Volatile reaching avatar state. Missionaries, ironically, do not Speak. Missionaries are highly variable in their characteristics, but tend to gain slightly sadistic tendencies. They will seek to injure and corrupt the other members of the clan to create a fully corrupted clan that only continues to bring in more members to corrupt, thus spreading the infection and the Holy Mother's influence. So much for that Paradise we were promised.

How to Obtain: Monsters are the corrupted dragons who jump out of the woodwork suddenly with little warning. They tend to be dragons who somehow lost CP at a very fast rate prior to their corruption, and they may have a greater tendency to arise from outsiders, dragons who were neither born nor raised in the area.

The Acolyte: The Acolyte is highly devoted to the Holy Mother and the Shadowbinder and will do anything to further the agenda that the Holy Mother has interpreted as the Shadowbinder's will. They have agendas, and will try to manipulate the clan into doing certain things such as expanding the ranks who have achieved specific foci points, luring more members into the clan, and otherwise extending the Holy Mother's reach. They are not above assassination when manipulation tactics fail.

How to Obtain: Acolytes are mostly determined by lore. They can have either a high Possession or high Volitile quotient, the differences between the two affecting the behavior of the Acolyte more than the outcome of actually having an Acolyte.

The Vengeful: Tending to arise from a Volatile dragon, Vengeful are heavily focused on destruction and may attack other members of the clan. The Vengeful are angry and seek to further corrupt all uncorrupted members of the clan. They lack empathy and can range from explosively violent to more subtle ways of manipulating and otherwise furthering the infection of the clan.

How to Obtain: Vengeful are created by corrupted dragons who were very aesthetically pleasing when they were first obtained, but are not exactly the near-perfect foci example of the Vengeful. If you have an Acolyte who has managed to manipulate things enough to have a breeding-for-colors program, a child from one of those programs has a higher chance of becoming an Vengeful if corrupted.

The Monster: Monsters are the most common kind of corruption, and are the corruption most likely to occur in multiples. Monster corruptions are formed from the most varied of corrupted dragons, and are the most versatile corruption, taking many possible roles. Unlike most other corruptions, Monsters don’t usually develop tendencies that are identifiable within the group, and are quite variable.

How to Obtain: If you have no really compelling corruption morph to follow for a dragon that succeeds at its avatar roll, the dragon becomes a Monster.

The Child: The Child is the most unusual corruption, and relatively rare. Unlike other corruptions, the Child does nothing that might indicate they are a corruption, behaving like a normal dragon. However, in the late stages of an infected clan, Children may be identified by their comparative normalcy. Children actively seek to avoid the Face and the other corruptions, interacting with the non-corrupted dragons as much as possible. They may become a sort of figurehead leader to these dragons. Children act at almost all times as though they are unaware of their status as a corruption. When Children sublimate, they leave untarnished bones behind.

How to Obtain: Children are rare and it’s quite possible your run won’t have any. Children come from unhatched eggs, but not necessarily -- each such egg has only a 10/100 chance of being a Child, and only if the egg is from the region your clan is native to.

The Entropy: Entropy are only barely less dangerous than Gods, and are the second rarest kind of corruption. Unlike all other corruptions, Entropy are not initially created from a normal dragon, but evolve from any of the other corruptions (with the exception of Gods). The Entropy is less of a specific role and more of a secondary characteristic of whatever corruption evolves to encompass them. Entropy gain extra traits depending on the local abomination’s Foci and manifestation tendencies, and are very dangerous. The appearance of a Entropy, similar to the appearance of a God, shows that a clan is likely doomed.

How to Obtain: An Entropy is a dragon that you love and that has already been corrupted for a very long time.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
Pinglist:
@Pasafatu
Pinglist:
@Pasafatu