Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | My take on Tundras
1 2
@Hylozoist http://sta.sh/01ahdco5t8ho <-- this is what the anatomy is looking like under all that fuzz if it helps! Very big-cattish not sticking true to the length of the official neck (judged by the female) likewhise the beak.
I do agree the wings need to be trashed x3 & the perspective is off.
@Hylozoist http://sta.sh/01ahdco5t8ho <-- this is what the anatomy is looking like under all that fuzz if it helps! Very big-cattish not sticking true to the length of the official neck (judged by the female) likewhise the beak.
I do agree the wings need to be trashed x3 & the perspective is off.
tumblr_ou6l6ehqpW1v9fmlwo7_r1_400.png tumblr_odifu3YDM01v9fmlwo6_r2_250.png
@SummerStorm Wow, you do know your big cats, ^^ Yes, I can see how that is a much stockier, lower conception of tundras as a breed compared to the official artwork... I think... I think actually, it might be the front shoulder that's a bit off? When I look at it, I would say it's pretty much in profile, but when I look at the position of the foot and the rest of the body, I feel like it should be turned more towards the viewer, or, alternately, like the far shoulder needs to be further back to give a little more of a profile view of the chest... Does that make any sense? But maybe that's just me. I'm certainly not that well-versed in anatomy, or drawing it!
@SummerStorm Wow, you do know your big cats, ^^ Yes, I can see how that is a much stockier, lower conception of tundras as a breed compared to the official artwork... I think... I think actually, it might be the front shoulder that's a bit off? When I look at it, I would say it's pretty much in profile, but when I look at the position of the foot and the rest of the body, I feel like it should be turned more towards the viewer, or, alternately, like the far shoulder needs to be further back to give a little more of a profile view of the chest... Does that make any sense? But maybe that's just me. I'm certainly not that well-versed in anatomy, or drawing it!
x0CMhAc.png is5IYGR.png Ash and Dust- My Pinker-Locke
@SummerStorm

Sqqeuuueueueueueueeeeeeeeeee
HE IS ADORABLE AND THAT ART IS ADORABLE!! draw morrrre

Ive never loved tundras but your boy. IS. STUNNINGGGG
@SummerStorm

Sqqeuuueueueueueueeeeeeeeeee
HE IS ADORABLE AND THAT ART IS ADORABLE!! draw morrrre

Ive never loved tundras but your boy. IS. STUNNINGGGG
@Kanariah SOMETIMES ALL IT TAKES IT THE RIGHT COLOR COMBO fdakfhaiyg he is excluded from any and all tundra bias I may have lol. Ironically I thought i'd find a female tundra i'd like first. Thankye thank.
@Kanariah SOMETIMES ALL IT TAKES IT THE RIGHT COLOR COMBO fdakfhaiyg he is excluded from any and all tundra bias I may have lol. Ironically I thought i'd find a female tundra i'd like first. Thankye thank.
@SummerStorm and an awesome interpretation it is!! and that fullbody *q* amazing!
@SummerStorm and an awesome interpretation it is!! and that fullbody *q* amazing!
lolgsZt.gif
murS3sZ.png3NEkZS9.png
@SummerStorm

I just want to say that it is a beautiful rendition of a tundra. I've also never been a big fan of theirs, despite being in ice flight, but I am ready to give them another chance!
@SummerStorm

I just want to say that it is a beautiful rendition of a tundra. I've also never been a big fan of theirs, despite being in ice flight, but I am ready to give them another chance!
BxKG0Wm.pngCWeAHQD.png0JXAHR0.png
@MizuKuma I have seen a couple of artists do them kinda big-cattish in the body. Someone did a snow leopard one that made me squee once! I don't think iv seen someone do a beakface with them though. I probably wouldn't have myself if cherub hadn't leaned in that direction.

@khalyeezy thankyou! I might try redrawing it on a better sketching day x3
@MizuKuma I have seen a couple of artists do them kinda big-cattish in the body. Someone did a snow leopard one that made me squee once! I don't think iv seen someone do a beakface with them though. I probably wouldn't have myself if cherub hadn't leaned in that direction.

@khalyeezy thankyou! I might try redrawing it on a better sketching day x3
@SummerStorm I like the beak face! I think that is what makes the picture so endearing. In fact, I can see them now more as griffons than dragons and that is exciting to me!
@SummerStorm I like the beak face! I think that is what makes the picture so endearing. In fact, I can see them now more as griffons than dragons and that is exciting to me!
BxKG0Wm.pngCWeAHQD.png0JXAHR0.png
1 2