Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Closed
1 2 3 4
Crystal Sun, Spire Moon

Welcome to my first Nuzlocke outside of Pokemon! These dragons have to make it in the Starwood Strand, a wood known for its treachery and illusions and being a forest with glowing blue things. Can they make it and survive to the ranks of the strongest dragons in Sornieth? No one knows. Edit 10/16/15: This Nuzlocke is abandoned due to time constraints.

The rules for the Pinkerlocke, seen here, are a little different than most Flight Rising Nuzlockes. What happens is determined by what Pinkerton deigns to give you each day. I will be playing with a few alterations to this ruleset, as detailed below:

• Using easy mode rules for the coliseum.
  • Main lair dragons of similar levels may round out any coli team that is short the maximum of 3 members (except death streaks)
  • Trinket rules will be bio updates/story updates for the main lair, instead of art. This is both because I am falling behind on my main lair lore and also the fact that I don't have time to draw.
  • Familiars will use the following order for randomizing the newest dragon from the AH: Fae, Guardian, Mirror, Tundra, Wildclaw, Ridgeback, Spiral, Pearlcatcher, Snapper, Imperial, Skydancer, Coatl, Nocturne.
  • Using medium mode rules for death streaks because I enjoy not dealing with TPKs.
  • Guardians must leave the clan after reaching 2 months of age.

I'll only be making lore posts for the Nuzlocke for a while (as opposed to the main lair). Everything else will be bookkeeping posts, or links to whatever lore I've worked on. Since college is a thing that exists, I might not post if I have major assignments to do.

Archive
The Day Before
Not Orphaned
Set Upon in the Woods
Blaze
The First Nest
Found
The Abomination
Crystal Sun, Spire Moon

Welcome to my first Nuzlocke outside of Pokemon! These dragons have to make it in the Starwood Strand, a wood known for its treachery and illusions and being a forest with glowing blue things. Can they make it and survive to the ranks of the strongest dragons in Sornieth? No one knows. Edit 10/16/15: This Nuzlocke is abandoned due to time constraints.

The rules for the Pinkerlocke, seen here, are a little different than most Flight Rising Nuzlockes. What happens is determined by what Pinkerton deigns to give you each day. I will be playing with a few alterations to this ruleset, as detailed below:

• Using easy mode rules for the coliseum.
  • Main lair dragons of similar levels may round out any coli team that is short the maximum of 3 members (except death streaks)
  • Trinket rules will be bio updates/story updates for the main lair, instead of art. This is both because I am falling behind on my main lair lore and also the fact that I don't have time to draw.
  • Familiars will use the following order for randomizing the newest dragon from the AH: Fae, Guardian, Mirror, Tundra, Wildclaw, Ridgeback, Spiral, Pearlcatcher, Snapper, Imperial, Skydancer, Coatl, Nocturne.
  • Using medium mode rules for death streaks because I enjoy not dealing with TPKs.
  • Guardians must leave the clan after reaching 2 months of age.

I'll only be making lore posts for the Nuzlocke for a while (as opposed to the main lair). Everything else will be bookkeeping posts, or links to whatever lore I've worked on. Since college is a thing that exists, I might not post if I have major assignments to do.

Archive
The Day Before
Not Orphaned
Set Upon in the Woods
Blaze
The First Nest
Found
The Abomination
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
[center][color=#8C1E8C][size=5]Characters[/size][/color] [quote=Arcane Disciple][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16192590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/161926/16192590_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [center]Naseiss they/them Pink Stargazing Magician[/center][/quote] [quote=Windy Drifter][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16683617] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166837/16683617_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [center]Tsisia she/her Dream Seeker in Another World[/center][/quote] [quote=Shady Interloper][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16394522] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163946/16394522_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [center]Lupu he/him Pitch Black Artist[/center][/quote] [quote=The New Kid][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17142981] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/171430/17142981_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [center]Keaton ???? Ecstatic Tree Climber[/center][/quote] [quote=Icy Spark Kid][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17202638] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172027/17202638_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [center]Elliania she/her Frost-loving Hope[/center][/quote] [/center]
Characters

Arcane Disciple wrote:

16192590_350.png
Naseiss
they/them
Pink Stargazing Magician
Windy Drifter wrote:

16683617_350.png
Tsisia
she/her
Dream Seeker in Another World
Shady Interloper wrote:

16394522_350.png
Lupu
he/him
Pitch Black Artist
The New Kid wrote:

17142981_350.png
Keaton
????
Ecstatic Tree Climber
Icy Spark Kid wrote:

17202638_350.png
Elliania
she/her
Frost-loving Hope
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
[center]Day 0: The Day Before[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16192590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/161926/16192590_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Naseiss jolted awake. They were shivering in the cold, confused as to why they fell asleep right next to the telescope and not in their warmer bed. There surely wasn't any [i]good[/i] reason to fall asleep next to the telescope, so they paced around, trying to figure out what happened. Did they fall asleep in the bed? At some point, yes. It was adequately ruffled around with so they did sleep there for some part of the morning. But what could have happened during the rest of the morning so they weren't in bed by the time they woke up? [i]Was I sleepwalking did someone find me is someone sending assassins to kill me do I need to get out of here[/i] These thoughts swirled around Naseiss' mind, even violently so, in their attempt to figure out what could have caused this. Then, a loud warble sent them nearly launching into the sky. [center][img]http://items.kanojo.de/images/familiars/3029.png[/img][/center] After the initial wave of panic, they found themself face to face with a strange bird. It was no larger than a fae, and looked fairly harmless. Naseiss stepped forward apprehensively. The bird was striking and it would be useful to have feathers for reference in case more of them came into the area. They reached for the bird, claw outstretched, and made a lunge for some feathers. Naseiss missed the bird, taking a peck to the ribs for the attempt. They stumbled backwards into a tree, and started screaming. All of a sudden, the bird was swept off the ground. Naseiss froze. They rubbed their eyes shakily; this [i]was[/i] actually happening. A dragon flew out of nowhere, slashing at the now irate bird. A spiral? That had to be a spiral, no other dragon could make a slipstream like that. Naseiss' eyes blankly followed the spiral, but then another dragon burst from the trees. This one was clearly one of their own kind, and dark enough to [i]not[/i] be mistaken for a blooming plant. The two dragons took shots at the bird, swiping and slamming, taking turns until it finally flew away. Was this a competition to those two? The pair of dragons landed and approached Naseiss. Who were these dragons, and why...both were trying to say something but they couldn't make out the words. Their legs wouldn't move. They tried to move, but nothing budged: not wings, not limbs, not mouth, not anything. So Naseiss stared in horror at what was surely their impending doom, with everything that just happened finally registering in their head. The killer bird, these certainly bloodthirstly dragons, the state of their bed- And then it hit them all at once. They remembered why they fell asleep at the telescope. Naseiss managed a croak, and started to cry. [Meta: I had a pre-battle with these three. Naseiss missed the first hit and Lupu took a crit and got a third of his HP taken off. If we're keeping score, Tsisia did the best. I was really freaking out, even thought it was just a sparrowmouse. I also got a Coppercoil Segment from Pink, so this would've been a lore update anyways.)
Day 0: The Day Before

Naseiss jolted awake. They were shivering in the cold, confused as to why they fell asleep right next to the telescope and not in their warmer bed. There surely wasn't any good reason to fall asleep next to the telescope, so they paced around, trying to figure out what happened. Did they fall asleep in the bed? At some point, yes. It was adequately ruffled around with so they did sleep there for some part of the morning.

But what could have happened during the rest of the morning so they weren't in bed by the time they woke up? Was I sleepwalking did someone find me is someone sending assassins to kill me do I need to get out of here These thoughts swirled around Naseiss' mind, even violently so, in their attempt to figure out what could have caused this.

Then, a loud warble sent them nearly launching into the sky.
3029.png

After the initial wave of panic, they found themself face to face with a strange bird. It was no larger than a fae, and looked fairly harmless. Naseiss stepped forward apprehensively. The bird was striking and it would be useful to have feathers for reference in case more of them came into the area. They reached for the bird, claw outstretched, and made a lunge for some feathers. Naseiss missed the bird, taking a peck to the ribs for the attempt. They stumbled backwards into a tree, and started screaming.

All of a sudden, the bird was swept off the ground. Naseiss froze. They rubbed their eyes shakily; this was actually happening. A dragon flew out of nowhere, slashing at the now irate bird. A spiral? That had to be a spiral, no other dragon could make a slipstream like that. Naseiss' eyes blankly followed the spiral, but then another dragon burst from the trees. This one was clearly one of their own kind, and dark enough to not be mistaken for a blooming plant. The two dragons took shots at the bird, swiping and slamming, taking turns until it finally flew away. Was this a competition to those two?

The pair of dragons landed and approached Naseiss. Who were these dragons, and why...both were trying to say something but they couldn't make out the words. Their legs wouldn't move. They tried to move, but nothing budged: not wings, not limbs, not mouth, not anything. So Naseiss stared in horror at what was surely their impending doom, with everything that just happened finally registering in their head. The killer bird, these certainly bloodthirstly dragons, the state of their bed-

And then it hit them all at once. They remembered why they fell asleep at the telescope. Naseiss managed a croak, and started to cry.

[Meta: I had a pre-battle with these three. Naseiss missed the first hit and Lupu took a crit and got a third of his HP taken off. If we're keeping score, Tsisia did the best. I was really freaking out, even thought it was just a sparrowmouse. I also got a Coppercoil Segment from Pink, so this would've been a lore update anyways.)
Day 1: [item=Ambush] Of course Pink would give me the most important [b]battlestone[/b] the first day...it's been a while since I got an Ambush. Flipped a Death Streak. Naseiss continues to miss [s]at the worst possible times[/s] even as the proper mage build. Everyone made it to level 3 (thank you potions).
Day 1:
Ambush

Of course Pink would give me the most important battlestone the first day...it's been a while since I got an Ambush.

Flipped a Death Streak. Naseiss continues to miss at the worst possible times even as the proper mage build. Everyone made it to level 3 (thank you potions).
@Istoki

Add me to the pinglist please? :3
@Istoki

Add me to the pinglist please? :3
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
Day 2: [item=Contrast Aviator Satchel] Since no one's RTB I'm gonna let that happen another day. Don't know if I want to change genes either. Haven't gotten any decent apparel from Pink ever, so *shrugs* @sykotikkytten Sure thing!
Day 2:
Contrast Aviator Satchel

Since no one's RTB I'm gonna let that happen another day. Don't know if I want to change genes either. Haven't gotten any decent apparel from Pink ever, so *shrugs*

@sykotikkytten Sure thing!
@sykotikkytten @Oncamimus [center]Day 3: Not Orphaned [item=tracker engine] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16683617] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166837/16683617_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Isn't that okay?" Tsisia asked the blubbering Naseiss. She coiled up around their wings and tried to console them. And maybe it was easier for her; it was only just a little time ago that she got lost from her parents. She still didn't really know what the caravan really was, nor what kidnapping meant. "Your dad's with Arcanist, right? He should be fine." But all wasn't fine. Naseiss was still sobbing. Lupu was shifting around and making faces at her. She didn't know what the faces meant; smiles were supposed to be happy, but whatever Lupu was doing certainly wasn't smiling. He wasn't frowning, either. What she was supposed to do? Why couldn't Lupu just tell her? Naseiss screamed. Before she could say anything or see if there was anything she could do to help, she careened into a nearby tree. Fresh blood trickled down her face. She locked eyes with Naseiss, and for a split second neither of them cried. Then, both of them realized they actually hurt each other. This began a cat and mouse game of apologies and consolations, enough to awe even the most polite dragons this side of Sornieth. Lupu, at the sight of this, sat away from the scene, and began to knit. Tsisia tried to assure Naseiss that, yes, she was fine, it was just a little blood and it wasn't a problem. She could see panic welling up in their eyes again. "Father left and brother left and now I'm all alone, I'm an orphan!" Naseiss quickly covered their mouth, seemingly shocked they blurted out such a thing in the first place. Tsisia stared at them, wide-eyed. Was that something to be upset about? She couldn't remember much about her parents or sisters, but that was because she didn't know them for long. And wouldn't family being with a deity be a good thing? [i]Wait-[/i] the thought clicked in her head. Something was missing here. "What about your mom?" she asked. She quietly coiled about herself as the Nocturne thought it over; did they just forget about their mom? And then, she saw Naseiss' face change to something other than fear for the first time. Even better: she got them to [i]smile[/i]. She laughed as Naseiss came in for a big hug, and the two almost ended up tumbling into the telescope. Both of them started laughing, rolling around through the trees, with Naseiss triumphantly shouting and hollering for good measure. And although she couldn't relate, not really, she didn't want this to stop. But at some point, it would stop. Morning was coming.
@sykotikkytten @Oncamimus
Day 3: Not Orphaned Tracker Engine

16683617_350.png

"Isn't that okay?" Tsisia asked the blubbering Naseiss. She coiled up around their wings and tried to console them. And maybe it was easier for her; it was only just a little time ago that she got lost from her parents. She still didn't really know what the caravan really was, nor what kidnapping meant. "Your dad's with Arcanist, right? He should be fine."

But all wasn't fine. Naseiss was still sobbing. Lupu was shifting around and making faces at her. She didn't know what the faces meant; smiles were supposed to be happy, but whatever Lupu was doing certainly wasn't smiling. He wasn't frowning, either. What she was supposed to do? Why couldn't Lupu just tell her?

Naseiss screamed. Before she could say anything or see if there was anything she could do to help, she careened into a nearby tree. Fresh blood trickled down her face. She locked eyes with Naseiss, and for a split second neither of them cried. Then, both of them realized they actually hurt each other.

This began a cat and mouse game of apologies and consolations, enough to awe even the most polite dragons this side of Sornieth. Lupu, at the sight of this, sat away from the scene, and began to knit. Tsisia tried to assure Naseiss that, yes, she was fine, it was just a little blood and it wasn't a problem. She could see panic welling up in their eyes again.

"Father left and brother left and now I'm all alone, I'm an orphan!" Naseiss quickly covered their mouth, seemingly shocked they blurted out such a thing in the first place. Tsisia stared at them, wide-eyed. Was that something to be upset about? She couldn't remember much about her parents or sisters, but that was because she didn't know them for long. And wouldn't family being with a deity be a good thing?

Wait- the thought clicked in her head. Something was missing here. "What about your mom?" she asked. She quietly coiled about herself as the Nocturne thought it over; did they just forget about their mom? And then, she saw Naseiss' face change to something other than fear for the first time. Even better: she got them to smile.

She laughed as Naseiss came in for a big hug, and the two almost ended up tumbling into the telescope. Both of them started laughing, rolling around through the trees, with Naseiss triumphantly shouting and hollering for good measure. And although she couldn't relate, not really, she didn't want this to stop. But at some point, it would stop.

Morning was coming.
@Istoki
Poor Naseiss. Sweet little baby.
@Istoki
Poor Naseiss. Sweet little baby.
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
@sykotikkytten
At least one of their parents hasn't gone on a holy mission to Spacepop...
@sykotikkytten
At least one of their parents hasn't gone on a holy mission to Spacepop...
@Istoki
True that.
@Istoki
True that.
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
1 2 3 4