Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Thundercrack] Design a Golem Contest
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Brambling [center]Username: Eluneis User ID: 89455 Entry: EEL03[/center] [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/6cf59bd8048e5c9839fed928746da02d/tumblr_nsabtk32U11r9vr6co1_1280.png[/img] [center][item=Eel Fry] [item=Pink Wooly Coat] [item=magnetite] [item=ruby ring] [/center] [center][b][u]Explanation of Entry[/u][/b][/center] WELCOME to the newest model of the M.C (Magnetic Companion) of the EEL line: [b]EEL03[/b]. This model hovers a good distance from the ground and is made to be your constant companion. It can produce a reasonable amount of electricity and ruby eyes glows to provide you a warm crimson light. Unlike the previous models, [b]EEL03[/b] can produce charming and customizable chirps, screeches, and hisses. However if its eyes are not to your liking, they can be switched out for different crystals and gems. This isn't the only thing that’s customizable! Its wooly coat and can be switched out for feathers or any material you wish (with additional fees) or perhaps the magnetite body isn't to your liking. It can be mostly be replaced by wooden planks to create a xylophone companion. A companion perfect for musicians! Its large jaw/mouth can collect small trinkets and carry it back to you. Great for a good game of fetch! [b]EEL03[/b] can fulfill its duty as a companion as well as a light source, alarm, guarding, and searching for small trinkets. SO PLACE AN ORDER TODAY! (limited time offer of 250000T)
@Brambling
Username: Eluneis
User ID: 89455
Entry: EEL03
tumblr_nsabtk32U11r9vr6co1_1280.png
Eel Fry Pink Wooly Coat Magnetite Ruby Ring
Explanation of Entry

WELCOME to the newest model of the M.C (Magnetic Companion) of the EEL line: EEL03. This model hovers a good distance from the ground and is made to be your constant companion. It can produce a reasonable amount of electricity and ruby eyes glows to provide you a warm crimson light. Unlike the previous models, EEL03 can produce charming and customizable chirps, screeches, and hisses. However if its eyes are not to your liking, they can be switched out for different crystals and gems. This isn't the only thing that’s customizable! Its wooly coat and can be switched out for feathers or any material you wish (with additional fees) or perhaps the magnetite body isn't to your liking. It can be mostly be replaced by wooden planks to create a xylophone companion. A companion perfect for musicians! Its large jaw/mouth can collect small trinkets and carry it back to you. Great for a good game of fetch! EEL03 can fulfill its duty as a companion as well as a light source, alarm, guarding, and searching for small trinkets. SO PLACE AN ORDER TODAY! (limited time offer of 250000T)
Honestly, didn't know this was OOF. Must've misread or misunderstood. Disregard my entry :D Sorry

Good luck to all other contestants.
Honestly, didn't know this was OOF. Must've misread or misunderstood. Disregard my entry :D Sorry

Good luck to all other contestants.
sig.png
Username: Lihmeth User ID: 2569 Entry: AssassinBug [img]http://orig15.deviantart.net/3875/f/2015/211/8/9/golem_entry_by_lilianvh-d93havs.png[/img] [item=Salt-Marsh Mosquito] [item=Charged Tungsten] [item=Woodsdrake Cape] [item=Powerful Serthis Potion] Explanation of entry: Please let me introduce the AssassinBug, here for all your coliseum needs! The AssassinBug is charged with tungsten, guaranteeing long life and, as befitting a golem, easy to recharge with a lightning rune. Supplied with Serthis potion and augmented with a variety of diseases hailing from the Wyrmwound, this bug will drop your enemies by the dozen, allowing you to gather your loot easy as pie! The AssassingBug will spare you hours of fighting your enemies, freeing up more time to GET BACK TO WORK! This new and upgraded version has been fitted with a gem and feather crown from a woodsdrake cape, which lets it sneak up on your enemies unnoticed. This latest, most efficient version can handle over 500 enemies before having to be recharged. (The Powerful Serthis Potion doesn't appear for some reason, but that is the fourth item.)
Username: Lihmeth
User ID: 2569
Entry: AssassinBug

golem_entry_by_lilianvh-d93havs.png
Salt-Marsh Mosquito Charged Tungsten Woodsdrake Cape

Explanation of entry:

Please let me introduce the AssassinBug, here for all your coliseum needs!
The AssassinBug is charged with tungsten, guaranteeing long life and, as befitting a golem, easy to recharge with a lightning rune.
Supplied with Serthis potion and augmented with a variety of diseases hailing from the Wyrmwound, this bug will drop your enemies by the dozen, allowing you to gather your loot easy as pie! The AssassingBug will spare you hours of fighting your enemies, freeing up more time to GET BACK TO WORK!
This new and upgraded version has been fitted with a gem and feather crown from a woodsdrake cape, which lets it sneak up on your enemies unnoticed. This latest, most efficient version can handle over 500 enemies before having to be recharged.

(The Powerful Serthis Potion doesn't appear for some reason, but that is the fourth item.)
bHeX9bv.png
We close to entries at rollover on 31st July! Don't delay entering! Massive thanks and lots of love to everyone who's entered so far. :D
We close to entries at rollover on 31st July! Don't delay entering! Massive thanks and lots of love to everyone who's entered so far. :D
hb0tAKP.png
lightning flight spotify playlist
14+ hours of music you can really work to!
@Brambling
Just a heads up that my entry turned out to be a main entry after all, too. (I'm just feeling uninspired again....)
Also, I changed the image because seeing colored pencil in scan form irks me to no end.
@Brambling
Just a heads up that my entry turned out to be a main entry after all, too. (I'm just feeling uninspired again....)
Also, I changed the image because seeing colored pencil in scan form irks me to no end.
85655121p.png ← pat the blorbo
visit the space lab →
& skin sales →

x permanently seeking x
abyss/clay/copper G1
nuvo-export.png 86951450.png
Username: yummyquik User ID: 37815 Entry: Kattus [img]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z363/sardinespam/dreamwidth%20uploads/Kattus_zpsia9d3iii.jpg[/img] [Item=Nickel Cat Figurine][Item=Barbed tail][Item=chimera fangs][Item=crimson feathered wings] Explanation: With a poisonous barbed tail, sharp fangs and even a stunning set of wings to reach high speeds while hunting, Kattus had plenty of potential as a solution to annihilating vermin in the lair. Unfortunately, it was found that training was practically impossible. While staring into your eyes, they will attentively listen to your instructions, then end up doing whatever they want. And, what they want is to lie on a warm dragon tummy.
Username: yummyquik
User ID: 37815
Entry: Kattus
Kattus_zpsia9d3iii.jpg
Nickel Cat Figurine Barbed Tail Chimera Fangs Crimson Feathered Wings

Explanation:
With a poisonous barbed tail, sharp fangs and even a stunning set of wings to reach high speeds while hunting, Kattus had plenty of potential as a solution to annihilating vermin in the lair.
Unfortunately, it was found that training was practically impossible.
While staring into your eyes, they will attentively listen to your instructions, then end up doing whatever they want.
And, what they want is to lie on a warm dragon tummy.

[quote] Username: [b]Reocailura[/b] User ID:[b] #44531[/b] Entry: [b]Spy Crow 3.0[/b] [center][url=http://brownpelican.deviantart.com/art/FR-Design-a-Golem-Contest-550145555][img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/8092/f/2015/211/b/3/thundercrack_2015_creative_corner_contest_final_1_by_brownpelican-d93jj0z.png[/img] Click for full size![/url] [item=crow] [item=glowing pocket bauble] [item=black protective eyeware] [item=tri-color scatterscroll][/center] Introducing... the Spy Crow 3.0! Worried about your engineers straying off-task? Attempting to keep up-to-date on the latest Beastclan movements? Or do you just want to keep track of your clan's numerous children? Whatever your spying needs, the Spy Crow 3.0 is for you! This new release comes equipped with a pair of high-resolution night vision goggles for ultimate shenanigan observance. A jacket of Glowing Pocket Baubles absorb sunlight, allowing your Spy Crow 3.0 to stay airborne without food or rest, subsisting entirely on the power of the sun! All this hardware is hooked directly into the Spy Crow 3.0's bodily systems using potent Plague and Lightning magics.* Finally, a Tri-Color Scatterscroll has been carefully calibrated and applied to the Spy Crow 3.0's feathers, allowing it to blend in seamlessly with it's surroundings!** *Clan Reocailura claims no responsibilities unfortunate side effects of such magics, including but not limited to, rabies, omniscience, feather loss, etc. **Results may vary. Project Head: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4747819]Raytheon[/url] Primary Consultants: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14067141]Voltaic[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2953381]Drusilla[/url][/quote] [s]Aaahhhhhh! I hope this still counts as getting it in by July 31st![/s] Oooh, never mind - found the "ends at rollover post" so I fixed the entry form. The apparel item is Black Protective Eyeware, but the item link isn't working. I've had this idea floating around for a year now, since I first obtained a Storm Seeker, but it was modified slightly for the contest. Weekly Contest?: NO
Quote:
Username: Reocailura
User ID: #44531
Entry: Spy Crow 3.0

thundercrack_2015_creative_corner_contest_final_1_by_brownpelican-d93jj0z.png
Click for full size!

Crow Glowing Pocket Bauble Tri-Color Scatterscroll

Introducing... the Spy Crow 3.0!
Worried about your engineers straying off-task? Attempting to keep up-to-date on the latest Beastclan movements? Or do you just want to keep track of your clan's numerous children?

Whatever your spying needs, the Spy Crow 3.0 is for you!
This new release comes equipped with a pair of high-resolution night vision goggles for ultimate shenanigan observance. A jacket of Glowing Pocket Baubles absorb sunlight, allowing your Spy Crow 3.0 to stay airborne without food or rest, subsisting entirely on the power of the sun! All this hardware is hooked directly into the Spy Crow 3.0's bodily systems using potent Plague and Lightning magics.* Finally, a Tri-Color Scatterscroll has been carefully calibrated and applied to the Spy Crow 3.0's feathers, allowing it to blend in seamlessly with it's surroundings!**

*Clan Reocailura claims no responsibilities unfortunate side effects of such magics, including but not limited to, rabies, omniscience, feather loss, etc.
**Results may vary.

Project Head: Raytheon
Primary Consultants: Voltaic, Drusilla

Aaahhhhhh! I hope this still counts as getting it in by July 31st! Oooh, never mind - found the "ends at rollover post" so I fixed the entry form. The apparel item is Black Protective Eyeware, but the item link isn't working.

I've had this idea floating around for a year now, since I first obtained a Storm Seeker, but it was modified slightly for the contest.

Weekly Contest?: NO
THE CONTEST FINISHES AT ROLLOVER TONIGHT!

If you're thinking of entering then don't delay! :D
THE CONTEST FINISHES AT ROLLOVER TONIGHT!

If you're thinking of entering then don't delay! :D
hb0tAKP.png
Only a few hours left to enter!
Only a few hours left to enter!
hb0tAKP.png
[center][b]Username[/b]: 314pyper | [b]User ID[/b]: 107073 [b]Entry[/b]: [size=4]CHIR(o)Ptera 2.0[/size] [img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/314pyper/CHIRoPtera%202.1_zps7jtopnht.png[/img] [Item=Runic Batling][item=coppercoil segment][item=simple harp][item=secondary gene: eye spot] Explanation of entry: CHIR(o)Ptera 2.0 was released in order to comply with recently enacted CHIRP (Crew Health Investigation and Report Protocol) after some revisions from the first prototype, which we... well, uh, we just won't talk about that. Based off of traditionally used canaries, which would alert miners of deadly leaks when they stopped singing, CHIR(o)Ptera is designed to scan for leaks and hazardous conditions without actually dying in the process. Engineered from the basic design of a bat (which was probably just an excuse to use puns based off of the scientific name, but we won't press) and enhanced with a highly durable copper alloy and scrap legs for maximum mobility, the device is outfitted with many different types of scanners and sensors. Most notable are those that make up the "face," which will hopefully be redesigned in order to cause less nightmares in the future, and the budding micro-filters that are outfitted on the inner wing in order to obtain the most airflow for maximum efficiency. Also located on the wings are self-tuning harps, designed with modifications from a spare Eye Spots blueprint that was collecting dust in order to easily appeal to the eye (no pun intended). [s]In all actuality, there was a mix-up with the blueprints during production, but if it works, then it works![/s] One on each wing, these play "soothing" music while it scampers or flies around, hoping to improve the mood as well as the health of employees. This was actually completely unnecessary, as they are wirelessly connected to the alarm system, but the engineers were a big fan of tradition and it apparently [i]had [/i]to be able to 'sing'. Many CHIR(o)Ptera happily take requests, but some have developed stubborn minds of their own and refuse to play anything but hatchling tunes that stick in your head like glue. If you come across one of these in your sector, please file a report and [s]try to maintain sanity while[/s] a maintenance operator will be dispatched to handle the situation.[/center]
Username: 314pyper | User ID: 107073
Entry:
CHIR(o)Ptera 2.0
CHIRoPtera%202.1_zps7jtopnht.png
Runic Batling Coppercoil Segment Simple Harp
Explanation of entry:
CHIR(o)Ptera 2.0 was released in order to comply with recently enacted CHIRP (Crew Health Investigation and Report Protocol) after some revisions from the first prototype, which we... well, uh, we just won't talk about that. Based off of traditionally used canaries, which would alert miners of deadly leaks when they stopped singing, CHIR(o)Ptera is designed to scan for leaks and hazardous conditions without actually dying in the process. Engineered from the basic design of a bat (which was probably just an excuse to use puns based off of the scientific name, but we won't press) and enhanced with a highly durable copper alloy and scrap legs for maximum mobility, the device is outfitted with many different types of scanners and sensors. Most notable are those that make up the "face," which will hopefully be redesigned in order to cause less nightmares in the future, and the budding micro-filters that are outfitted on the inner wing in order to obtain the most airflow for maximum efficiency. Also located on the wings are self-tuning harps, designed with modifications from a spare Eye Spots blueprint that was collecting dust in order to easily appeal to the eye (no pun intended). In all actuality, there was a mix-up with the blueprints during production, but if it works, then it works! One on each wing, these play "soothing" music while it scampers or flies around, hoping to improve the mood as well as the health of employees. This was actually completely unnecessary, as they are wirelessly connected to the alarm system, but the engineers were a big fan of tradition and it apparently had to be able to 'sing'. Many CHIR(o)Ptera happily take requests, but some have developed stubborn minds of their own and refuse to play anything but hatchling tunes that stick in your head like glue. If you come across one of these in your sector, please file a report and try to maintain sanity while a maintenance operator will be dispatched to handle the situation.
bouncey_pixel_lair_by_314pyper-d92dgwe.gif
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21