Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | White Tip's Journey(fr related story)
1 2 3 4
Prologue: Backstory Beyond the dominance and control of the dieties, there is a kill-or-be-killed lifestyle for dragons and other creatures in the world. Survival is all that matters in this life; no structure, no permanent lairs, no long-lasting hierarchy. However, there ARE small herds and/or packs that exist at the will of the founder, an Alpha male or female. These packs/herds don't last long, but they provide plenty of protection for one another, and that is what is vital in the world. Yet a number of the creatures in the survival life are loners, and they don't last long. [img]http://i.imgur.com/iAv3gTU.png[/img] White Tip, a female Wilddclaw, is one of those dragons. Her pack was killed by a rival pack, and now is left to fend for herself. Without food, she would starve, without a mate, she has no future; how will she survive? [i]Here begins [u]White Tip's Journey[/u].[/i] @Thewarywatcher13 @WiseGirl
Prologue: Backstory

Beyond the dominance and control of the dieties, there is a kill-or-be-killed lifestyle for dragons and other creatures in the world. Survival is all that matters in this life; no structure, no permanent lairs, no long-lasting hierarchy. However, there ARE small herds and/or packs that exist at the will of the founder, an Alpha male or female. These packs/herds don't last long, but they provide plenty of protection for one another, and that is what is vital in the world. Yet a number of the creatures in the survival life are loners, and they don't last long.

iAv3gTU.png
White Tip, a female Wilddclaw, is one of those dragons. Her pack was killed by a rival pack, and now is left to fend for herself. Without food, she would starve, without a mate, she has no future; how will she survive? Here begins White Tip's Journey.
@Thewarywatcher13
@WiseGirl
@EpicLucario52
I offer my support as always, White Tip is an interesting name. :)
One question: If they are outside the control of the deities, do they still have control over their elements? Or does eye color mean nothing?
@EpicLucario52
I offer my support as always, White Tip is an interesting name. :)
One question: If they are outside the control of the deities, do they still have control over their elements? Or does eye color mean nothing?
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
@EpicLucario52 ooh can I be added to the pinglist?
@EpicLucario52 ooh can I be added to the pinglist?
Pronouns: he/him or tiger/tigers/tigerself BUYING GEMS @ 1:600 Leayph My Bio/Writing Shop CHEAP Brewing Service + Materials Hatchery Flight Rising Library qAuPklL.png
@kingofeli Sure!
@Thewarywatcher13 For the most part, the eyes mean nothing. But there might be a plot twist later in the story; I dunno, or give a nogg.
@kingofeli Sure!
@Thewarywatcher13 For the most part, the eyes mean nothing. But there might be a plot twist later in the story; I dunno, or give a nogg.
Chapter One: [img]http://i.imgur.com/iAv3gTU.png[/img] White Tip stumbled into the light of day. It had been a few days before that her pack was killed off. And with summer around the corner, the Highland Scrub would become a boiling nightmare. "Ugh." she groaned, "3 whole days, and still no food. I have to find something soon, for I hardly slept a wink with my stomach roaring all night!" She gazed about, but since life here is scarce, there was none to be found. So, almost unwillingly, she lowers her sights... A little lizard zips by, not noticing White Tip's killing claw. Spotting a potential meal in the blink of an eye, she took off, running like the wind after the little creature. But the lizard dashed under a bush, and White Tip lost track of her target. "SLOOF!" she seethed, "ALWAYS the little things getting away!" then her voice trailed off, "Always..." A familiar roar had caught her ear. She looked off in the distance, and saw a Ridgeback on a sand dune, not far off. "Cmon, woman! You KNOW you want it!" she could hardly make out what he was saying. "Oh my nogging god, scram." White Tip heard the response from a presumed-to-be-female Ridgeback, and she couldn't help chuckling. Suddenly, it hit her; "Maybe there's a fresh kill over the rise!" she thought optimistically, "Perhaps I can swipe a few scraps from under their giant noses! Or are those horns? I could never tell..." White Tip scampered to the dune where she had seen the Ridgebacks.
Chapter One:

iAv3gTU.png
White Tip stumbled into the light of day. It had been a few days before that her pack was killed off. And with summer around the corner, the Highland Scrub would become a boiling nightmare. "Ugh." she groaned, "3 whole days, and still no food. I have to find something soon, for I hardly slept a wink with my stomach roaring all night!" She gazed about, but since life here is scarce, there was none to be found. So, almost unwillingly, she lowers her sights...

A little lizard zips by, not noticing White Tip's killing claw. Spotting a potential meal in the blink of an eye, she took off, running like the wind after the little creature. But the lizard dashed under a bush, and White Tip lost track of her target. "SLOOF!" she seethed, "ALWAYS the little things getting away!" then her voice trailed off, "Always..."

A familiar roar had caught her ear. She looked off in the distance, and saw a Ridgeback on a sand dune, not far off. "Cmon, woman! You KNOW you want it!" she could hardly make out what he was saying. "Oh my nogging god, scram." White Tip heard the response from a presumed-to-be-female Ridgeback, and she couldn't help chuckling. Suddenly, it hit her; "Maybe there's a fresh kill over the rise!" she thought optimistically, "Perhaps I can swipe a few scraps from under their giant noses! Or are those horns? I could never tell..." White Tip scampered to the dune where she had seen the Ridgebacks.
But there's no food on the other side; just lust. A male Ridgeback was trying to impress a female, but apparently failing horribly. "Aw, just a little?" said the male swooningly, "Maybe I can show you some of my, how to say, 'moves like Jagger'?"
"NO!" came a hyper-annoyed reply, "I'm sick and tired of your little jokes! SICK OF THEM. Like, I crawl out of my hole to enjoy the good mood of a Spring morning, but then you have to pull a crappy phrase out of your rear end, and it just ruins the mood!"
"Oh, you're just jealous of my glimmering style, aren't ya?" cooed the male.
"You know what? BEAT IT!" the female turned and left, slapping the male in the face as she turned. "Still a better love story than Twilight." muttered White Tip as she clambered back up the dune.

But the male Ridgeback spotted her! "Hey, what do you think you're doing up there?" he called to White Tip, "Female, aren't ya? I bet you were admiring my handsomeness! C'mere, sweetheart!" he flew after her, now running like a Centaur on Steroidium. But White Tip dashed under some bushes and vanished. "What the flagnogg?" he landed next to the bushes, puzzled, "But I could have sworn..." he flew off, saying something about bad mackerels as he left. A minute later, White Tip emerged from the sand, gasping for air. "Well, that about wraps up this encounter!" she muttered as soon as she finally caught her breath. She trotted off into the daylight, where her survival journey continues...

@kingofeli
@Thewarywatcher13
But there's no food on the other side; just lust. A male Ridgeback was trying to impress a female, but apparently failing horribly. "Aw, just a little?" said the male swooningly, "Maybe I can show you some of my, how to say, 'moves like Jagger'?"
"NO!" came a hyper-annoyed reply, "I'm sick and tired of your little jokes! SICK OF THEM. Like, I crawl out of my hole to enjoy the good mood of a Spring morning, but then you have to pull a crappy phrase out of your rear end, and it just ruins the mood!"
"Oh, you're just jealous of my glimmering style, aren't ya?" cooed the male.
"You know what? BEAT IT!" the female turned and left, slapping the male in the face as she turned. "Still a better love story than Twilight." muttered White Tip as she clambered back up the dune.

But the male Ridgeback spotted her! "Hey, what do you think you're doing up there?" he called to White Tip, "Female, aren't ya? I bet you were admiring my handsomeness! C'mere, sweetheart!" he flew after her, now running like a Centaur on Steroidium. But White Tip dashed under some bushes and vanished. "What the flagnogg?" he landed next to the bushes, puzzled, "But I could have sworn..." he flew off, saying something about bad mackerels as he left. A minute later, White Tip emerged from the sand, gasping for air. "Well, that about wraps up this encounter!" she muttered as soon as she finally caught her breath. She trotted off into the daylight, where her survival journey continues...

@kingofeli
@Thewarywatcher13
bump
bump
Chapter 2: Elsewhere, another pack was on the move! Having traveled from the Tsunami Flats, they replenished their internal water supply to the fullest. Now, they were on the hunt in the very same region of the Highland Scrub where White Tip lived! [img]http://i.imgur.com/UuoWo34.png[/img] Their Alpha Male, named Brokenhand for his disabled arm, surveyed the area with a watchful eye. He'd been the Alpha male for too long to not know the dangers of the Highland Scrub; The inhabitants, the environment, even the sheer size made this place a death trap. "POD!" He called to his tracker, who had gone ahead, "Progress report on the search!" [img]http://i.imgur.com/tGrnaKI.png[/img] A fiery red Wildclaw leaped over the dune ahead and landed in front of Brokenhand. "Reporting, sir!" said Pod, "I've spotted a waterhole about a mile away, with plenty of brush to keep us out of the sun." "The bad news?" continued Brokenhand. "Not a creature in sight." replied Pod. [img]http://i.imgur.com/WZgHTYS.png[/img] "Well, we'd better find something quick!" hissed a dark-feathered female, "I'm close to rumbling an earthquake with this stomach of mine!" "You'll get your chance, Blackeye." said Brokenhand, "You'll get your chance." [img]http://i.imgur.com/Uvw929q.png[/img] "Too bad you weren't injected with chlorophyll at birth, like I was!" piped Scalene, a leafy green Wildclaw. "That's enough, Scalene." growled Brokenhand, "And it's because of genes that you look like that, not chlorofill, or whatever you said." [img]http://i.imgur.com/WMBAY31.png[/img] "She said nothing but utter nonsense." snorted another female. "Manners, Mothra. Unless you want outta here!" hissed Blackeye, "And there's a chariot to hell with your name all over it!" [img]http://i.imgur.com/QZVTA5T.png[/img] "Would you guys stop it already?!" exclaimed a young male, jumping between them, "Give my sister a break, will you? She gets cranky when she's hungry." "Thank you, Blue Brown." growled Brokenhand, "Now, we need to move on. The waterhole is less than a mile away, and we will be there soon. Come now; time is of importance!" "Brokenhand!" called Pod from afar, "You may wanna come over." Pod had encountered the same Ridgeback that found White Tip earlier, and was now telling his story to him. "So, you're saying there's another Wildclaw out here?" said Brokenhand. "Yep." replied the Ridgeback almost dreamily, "And she was a beauty, too; White feathers, cyan eyes, and those golden wings were striking!" Blue Brown caught himself gaping and quickly shut his mouth. "Heh, thought you'd be interested." chuckled the Ridgeback, "But she's fast as lightning, and can vanish into the sand with those feathers of hers!" "Say no more, we have our eyes peeled." growled Brokenhand. [i]Mine especially[/i], thought Blue Brown. The pack parted ways with the Ridgeback, and took off toward the waterhole. The sun was setting, and tomorrow would be one day closer to the boiling hot desert summer. @kingofeli @Thewarywatcher13
Chapter 2:

Elsewhere, another pack was on the move! Having traveled from the Tsunami Flats, they replenished their internal water supply to the fullest. Now, they were on the hunt in the very same region of the Highland Scrub where White Tip lived!
UuoWo34.png
Their Alpha Male, named Brokenhand for his disabled arm, surveyed the area with a watchful eye. He'd been the Alpha male for too long to not know the dangers of the Highland Scrub; The inhabitants, the environment, even the sheer size made this place a death trap. "POD!" He called to his tracker, who had gone ahead, "Progress report on the search!"
tGrnaKI.png
A fiery red Wildclaw leaped over the dune ahead and landed in front of Brokenhand. "Reporting, sir!" said Pod, "I've spotted a waterhole about a mile away, with plenty of brush to keep us out of the sun."
"The bad news?" continued Brokenhand.
"Not a creature in sight." replied Pod.
WZgHTYS.png
"Well, we'd better find something quick!" hissed a dark-feathered female, "I'm close to rumbling an earthquake with this stomach of mine!"
"You'll get your chance, Blackeye." said Brokenhand, "You'll get your chance."
Uvw929q.png
"Too bad you weren't injected with chlorophyll at birth, like I was!" piped Scalene, a leafy green Wildclaw.
"That's enough, Scalene." growled Brokenhand, "And it's because of genes that you look like that, not chlorofill, or whatever you said."
WMBAY31.png
"She said nothing but utter nonsense." snorted another female.
"Manners, Mothra. Unless you want outta here!" hissed Blackeye, "And there's a chariot to hell with your name all over it!"
QZVTA5T.png
"Would you guys stop it already?!" exclaimed a young male, jumping between them, "Give my sister a break, will you? She gets cranky when she's hungry."
"Thank you, Blue Brown." growled Brokenhand, "Now, we need to move on. The waterhole is less than a mile away, and we will be there soon. Come now; time is of importance!"
"Brokenhand!" called Pod from afar, "You may wanna come over." Pod had encountered the same Ridgeback that found White Tip earlier, and was now telling his story to him.
"So, you're saying there's another Wildclaw out here?" said Brokenhand.
"Yep." replied the Ridgeback almost dreamily, "And she was a beauty, too; White feathers, cyan eyes, and those golden wings were striking!"
Blue Brown caught himself gaping and quickly shut his mouth. "Heh, thought you'd be interested." chuckled the Ridgeback, "But she's fast as lightning, and can vanish into the sand with those feathers of hers!"
"Say no more, we have our eyes peeled." growled Brokenhand. Mine especially, thought Blue Brown. The pack parted ways with the Ridgeback, and took off toward the waterhole. The sun was setting, and tomorrow would be one day closer to the boiling hot desert summer.

@kingofeli
@Thewarywatcher13
kinda lonely :(
kinda lonely :(
anyone there?
anyone there?
1 2 3 4