Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | After the Storm – Nuzlocke story
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33 34
@ArgenteaMoon Weeeeell, I read this latest update then went to the previous ones? (I dunno I read stories like that sometimes.) XP
@ArgenteaMoon Weeeeell, I read this latest update then went to the previous ones? (I dunno I read stories like that sometimes.) XP
Light Sprite
@psychocanes well I ain't gonna stop you, but that is a weird way of doing it, and kinda would be confusing wouldn't it???
@psychocanes well I ain't gonna stop you, but that is a weird way of doing it, and kinda would be confusing wouldn't it???
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon Not really? I tend to appreciate twists and surprises more that way... like, "Whoa, so that's how it happened!" and "This is a really well done twist! It was laid out superbly!" and similar expressions. LOL
@ArgenteaMoon Not really? I tend to appreciate twists and surprises more that way... like, "Whoa, so that's how it happened!" and "This is a really well done twist! It was laid out superbly!" and similar expressions. LOL
Light Sprite
@psychocanes heh well I gueeessssss. I tend to find that knowing what'll happen ruins my first impression though! My first impression being full of theories about the answers to the story's mysteries.
Unless I know very very little about any story, I don't forget details, so there's no hope in hell I'd ever forget a thing before it happens. I'd probably remember it just before it happens. So I try to avoid spoilers like the plague (not that I'm any good at avoiding spoilers I:)

Your example responses are traditional in hindsight of reading a thing through the second time, not for spoilers :P
@psychocanes heh well I gueeessssss. I tend to find that knowing what'll happen ruins my first impression though! My first impression being full of theories about the answers to the story's mysteries.
Unless I know very very little about any story, I don't forget details, so there's no hope in hell I'd ever forget a thing before it happens. I'd probably remember it just before it happens. So I try to avoid spoilers like the plague (not that I'm any good at avoiding spoilers I:)

Your example responses are traditional in hindsight of reading a thing through the second time, not for spoilers :P
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon I, on the other hand, love spoilers. XD I don't mind them because that hindsight effect is what I get from reading spoilers too, oddly enough.
@ArgenteaMoon I, on the other hand, love spoilers. XD I don't mind them because that hindsight effect is what I get from reading spoilers too, oddly enough.
Light Sprite
@psychocanes well I guess some people just like reading the ends of books. And don't let my ability to figure out plot twists confuse you, all you'll get from reading ahead in my story is the knowledge of what happens. I prolly couldn't write a good plot twist if I wanted to :p
@psychocanes well I guess some people just like reading the ends of books. And don't let my ability to figure out plot twists confuse you, all you'll get from reading ahead in my story is the knowledge of what happens. I prolly couldn't write a good plot twist if I wanted to :p
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 @Katerrn
Augh I finally got this update done! It has a couple of things I've been leading up to for ages I swear. Like at least a month, maybe more.

Entry 31
The uneasy silence that had fallen only ended when the red and blue Nocturne appeared out of nowhere. He shot out of the darkness, and barrelled straight into Tenora's front legs. “Ow!” he went.

Tenora reached down, and lifted the smaller dragon with one hand. “Yes?”

The little Nocturne squawked is surprise, and struggled madly until Tenora put him down again. Then he dashed off into the gloom in the direction he'd come from, wailing.

Tenora watched the strange Nocturne go. Dorian had said that he'd found the small dragon watching over Thela's barely alive body. Tenora still wondered about the Nocturne's claim of bringing dragons back from the dead – she hadn't met very many Nocturnes, but that seemed well beyond even the usual myths she'd heard about the elusive mimics.

Duren sighed loudly. Tenora turned her face towards the sound, but he looked away from her, and she decided that staring at him would be a bad idea. She supposed that seeing as the Guardian had made no comment at the strange Nocturne's presence that he had eliminated one more from the list of possible candidates for his Charge.

It was several minutes before anything else occurred. The tactless female Spiral that had also arrived with Dorian appeared from the same direction as the little Nocturne had come. She marched right up to Tenora.

“Hey,” she snapped, “I know you got a problem with eggs, but that's no reason to attack my mate over it!”

“What?” Tenora shook her head. “What are you talking about?”

“Coran said you tried to hurt him!” The Spiral's green eyes seemed to be blazing. “He only came to tell everyone that we were gonna have a nest, what's wrong with that?”

Tenora frowned. “He didn't tell me anything? He ran right into me, actually.”

“Yeah, but that's no reason to try and eat him!”

Tenora scrunched up her face. “What are you talking about, Kiraza?”

“He said you tried to eat him!” the Spiral insisted angrily.

“I didn't? I picked him up to talk to him but he freaked out, and ran away after I put him down again.”

“As far as I saw she didn't try and eat your mate,” Duren said suddenly. “It happened as she said it did.”

“Oh yeah?” Kiraza said. “And who the hell are you?”

“My name is Duren. I have come seeking my Charge.”

“Well good for you, then.” The Spiral rolled her eyes and turned back to Tenora. “I ain't gonna believe you didn't try and eat him unless you got a better alibi than some rando from gods-know-where,” she snarled.

“Why would I want to eat him, Kiraza?” Tenora said frustratedly. “Ridgebacks don't even like meat!”

“Oh yeah?” the Spiral snapped. “How do I know you ain't some kind of crazed mutant, huh?”

“Kiraza? What is this about?” The yellow and blue Nocturne came down into the clearing.

“Hughes! Coran says she tried to eat him!” Kiraza pointed accusingly at Tenora.

The Nocturne frowned. “Did you actually see her attempt to eat your mate?”

“What? I don't need to! He says she did!”

Hughes gave out a sigh. “Please Kiraza, be reasonable. I doubt that Tenora would try to do that.”

“But – !”

“Kiraza, you know that Coran is … rather odd. He may have been mistaken.”

“You haven't even asked how it happened!”

“I don't need to, Kiraza. I cannot believe that someone like Tenora would do such a thing. Please, think about what Kit has told us.”

Kiraza looked mutinous. Then she turned around and stalked out of the clearing.

Hughes came forward. “I apologise for Kiraza's behavior,” he said. “She would defend those she cares about to the death, and she is easily riled, I am afraid.”

“I can see that,” Tenora said. “You knew about their relationship, then?”

“Yes, of course! I am her brother and she likes to talk.”

“You're siblings?” Tenora said.

“Ah, I'm sorry. Kiraza, Kit, and myself are an adoptive family. We are not related, but we are family.”

Tenora nodded. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Duren staring thoughtfully at the Nocturne. “Would this 'Kit' perhaps be a pale coloured Skydancer female?” the Guardian asked.

“You've seen her!” Hughes said. “Would you please tell me how long ago?”

“Several days North of here,” said Duren. “She is travelling with a similarly coloured Tundra and a pair of Mirrors. They claimed they were searching for two other dragons. Or at least, that was all I understood of the explanation I received from one of the Mirrors. She left out rather a lot of details.”

Tenora smiled. “So you did meet them! Are they all okay?”

“They seemed entirely unharmed.”

Tenora's smile widened. “That's good. I was getting worried about Jiira.”

“She does seem rather … naïve.” This was apparently the least negative thing the Guardian could think of saying, as Tenora heard a hint of acid in his tone. Before she could respond in any way, Zhara and Dorian came over the hill, discussing something, and Duren suddenly stood up.

The two brightly coloured dragons continued down into the clearing, and Dorian caught sight of the newcomer. “Greetings, sir! Who might you be?”

But the Guardian wasn't paying the Clan Leader any attention. He knelt at Zhara's feet. “My lady,” he said. “You are my Charge.”
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 @Katerrn
Augh I finally got this update done! It has a couple of things I've been leading up to for ages I swear. Like at least a month, maybe more.

Entry 31
The uneasy silence that had fallen only ended when the red and blue Nocturne appeared out of nowhere. He shot out of the darkness, and barrelled straight into Tenora's front legs. “Ow!” he went.

Tenora reached down, and lifted the smaller dragon with one hand. “Yes?”

The little Nocturne squawked is surprise, and struggled madly until Tenora put him down again. Then he dashed off into the gloom in the direction he'd come from, wailing.

Tenora watched the strange Nocturne go. Dorian had said that he'd found the small dragon watching over Thela's barely alive body. Tenora still wondered about the Nocturne's claim of bringing dragons back from the dead – she hadn't met very many Nocturnes, but that seemed well beyond even the usual myths she'd heard about the elusive mimics.

Duren sighed loudly. Tenora turned her face towards the sound, but he looked away from her, and she decided that staring at him would be a bad idea. She supposed that seeing as the Guardian had made no comment at the strange Nocturne's presence that he had eliminated one more from the list of possible candidates for his Charge.

It was several minutes before anything else occurred. The tactless female Spiral that had also arrived with Dorian appeared from the same direction as the little Nocturne had come. She marched right up to Tenora.

“Hey,” she snapped, “I know you got a problem with eggs, but that's no reason to attack my mate over it!”

“What?” Tenora shook her head. “What are you talking about?”

“Coran said you tried to hurt him!” The Spiral's green eyes seemed to be blazing. “He only came to tell everyone that we were gonna have a nest, what's wrong with that?”

Tenora frowned. “He didn't tell me anything? He ran right into me, actually.”

“Yeah, but that's no reason to try and eat him!”

Tenora scrunched up her face. “What are you talking about, Kiraza?”

“He said you tried to eat him!” the Spiral insisted angrily.

“I didn't? I picked him up to talk to him but he freaked out, and ran away after I put him down again.”

“As far as I saw she didn't try and eat your mate,” Duren said suddenly. “It happened as she said it did.”

“Oh yeah?” Kiraza said. “And who the hell are you?”

“My name is Duren. I have come seeking my Charge.”

“Well good for you, then.” The Spiral rolled her eyes and turned back to Tenora. “I ain't gonna believe you didn't try and eat him unless you got a better alibi than some rando from gods-know-where,” she snarled.

“Why would I want to eat him, Kiraza?” Tenora said frustratedly. “Ridgebacks don't even like meat!”

“Oh yeah?” the Spiral snapped. “How do I know you ain't some kind of crazed mutant, huh?”

“Kiraza? What is this about?” The yellow and blue Nocturne came down into the clearing.

“Hughes! Coran says she tried to eat him!” Kiraza pointed accusingly at Tenora.

The Nocturne frowned. “Did you actually see her attempt to eat your mate?”

“What? I don't need to! He says she did!”

Hughes gave out a sigh. “Please Kiraza, be reasonable. I doubt that Tenora would try to do that.”

“But – !”

“Kiraza, you know that Coran is … rather odd. He may have been mistaken.”

“You haven't even asked how it happened!”

“I don't need to, Kiraza. I cannot believe that someone like Tenora would do such a thing. Please, think about what Kit has told us.”

Kiraza looked mutinous. Then she turned around and stalked out of the clearing.

Hughes came forward. “I apologise for Kiraza's behavior,” he said. “She would defend those she cares about to the death, and she is easily riled, I am afraid.”

“I can see that,” Tenora said. “You knew about their relationship, then?”

“Yes, of course! I am her brother and she likes to talk.”

“You're siblings?” Tenora said.

“Ah, I'm sorry. Kiraza, Kit, and myself are an adoptive family. We are not related, but we are family.”

Tenora nodded. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Duren staring thoughtfully at the Nocturne. “Would this 'Kit' perhaps be a pale coloured Skydancer female?” the Guardian asked.

“You've seen her!” Hughes said. “Would you please tell me how long ago?”

“Several days North of here,” said Duren. “She is travelling with a similarly coloured Tundra and a pair of Mirrors. They claimed they were searching for two other dragons. Or at least, that was all I understood of the explanation I received from one of the Mirrors. She left out rather a lot of details.”

Tenora smiled. “So you did meet them! Are they all okay?”

“They seemed entirely unharmed.”

Tenora's smile widened. “That's good. I was getting worried about Jiira.”

“She does seem rather … naïve.” This was apparently the least negative thing the Guardian could think of saying, as Tenora heard a hint of acid in his tone. Before she could respond in any way, Zhara and Dorian came over the hill, discussing something, and Duren suddenly stood up.

The two brightly coloured dragons continued down into the clearing, and Dorian caught sight of the newcomer. “Greetings, sir! Who might you be?”

But the Guardian wasn't paying the Clan Leader any attention. He knelt at Zhara's feet. “My lady,” he said. “You are my Charge.”
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 @Katerrn [i]Eeeee, finally it's time for this![/i] [u]Shianzar[/u] After searching for suitable food for the hatchling for hours with hardly any luck, Shianzar arrived back at the camp and the blasted thing rushed forwards started meeping [i]again[/i]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11282325] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/680450f63080c43cc429903701b3de4c/tumblr_nnb1vuziKz1rkef44o1_400.png[/img] [/url] “Shut up!” he hissed. “You'll give our position away!” It drew back from him for a moment, but seeing (or probably smelling) what he was carrying, it resumed its awful noise even louder than before, until he put the small collection of moss that he had managed to gather down in front of it. It wolfed the lot without pause and then looked up at him with its golden eyes and meeped pitifully. “That's all you're getting,” he growled at it, and it meeped louder. “No! That's all there is!” He turned away to find a suitable place to rest after his toil. He climbed up a pile of rubble that he thought might be too steep for the hatchling, but after getting comfortable and closing his eyes, he felt fluff brush his skin. He shut his eyes tighter, but it pawed his nose until he lifted his head and opened his eyes to snap at it. It pulled back for a moment, but before he had time to put his head back down, it rushed in between his forepaws and curled up. Shianzar glared at the hatchling, but it seemed to already be asleep. After a few moments he decided that moving it would probably wake it up, and it would undoubtedly demand more food. Getting it out from under his chin wasn't worth the trouble of its high-pitched noise. He laid his head back down over its furred body, and tried to sleep. [u]Derianda[/u] In his sleep, the frown melted from Shianzar's face, and he almost looked kind. The egg had hatched the day before, and Shianzar had spent a most of the intervening time searching for something to feed the little Tundra. Obviously it hadn't been enough for her, but the fact he'd tried so hard was very promising. However, Derianda knew that his minor acts of kindness were misleading, not real proof that he could be relied upon to behave. If only he could have been! She would be happy beyond words to step out and drag him back to Tenora's clan if she had any evidence he would ever change his ways for the better. But Deri knew now that it would be better for everyone, Shianzar included, for him to stay as far away from other people as possible. Perhaps the hatchling would be good for him. Out here, so far away from anyone else, perhaps Shianzar could learn some modicum of kindness. Derianda told herself this very firmly, despite her desire to rush out there and snatch the poor child from his grasp before he could do something cruel. Besides, that would give her position away, and if he knew that she was nearby, she'd be in for more weeks of searching. A sound of crumbling stone startled her from her vigil. She turned rapidly towards the noise, ready to attack. But what she saw was worse than some marauding beast. “Deri! We found you!” Jiira's brown eyes filled with light and a huge grin cracked her face. From behind the same pile of rubble came three others from Tenora's clan, the Tundra, the male Mirror, and the Skydancer. “We came to bring you back, Deri!” Jiira said, only a fraction too loud. Shianzar sat up suddenly, and turned towards the noise.
Eeeee, finally it's time for this!

Shianzar
After searching for suitable food for the hatchling for hours with hardly any luck, Shianzar arrived back at the camp and the blasted thing rushed forwards started meeping again.

tumblr_nnb1vuziKz1rkef44o1_400.png

“Shut up!” he hissed. “You'll give our position away!”

It drew back from him for a moment, but seeing (or probably smelling) what he was carrying, it resumed its awful noise even louder than before, until he put the small collection of moss that he had managed to gather down in front of it. It wolfed the lot without pause and then looked up at him with its golden eyes and meeped pitifully.

“That's all you're getting,” he growled at it, and it meeped louder. “No! That's all there is!” He turned away to find a suitable place to rest after his toil. He climbed up a pile of rubble that he thought might be too steep for the hatchling, but after getting comfortable and closing his eyes, he felt fluff brush his skin. He shut his eyes tighter, but it pawed his nose until he lifted his head and opened his eyes to snap at it. It pulled back for a moment, but before he had time to put his head back down, it rushed in between his forepaws and curled up.

Shianzar glared at the hatchling, but it seemed to already be asleep. After a few moments he decided that moving it would probably wake it up, and it would undoubtedly demand more food. Getting it out from under his chin wasn't worth the trouble of its high-pitched noise. He laid his head back down over its furred body, and tried to sleep.

Derianda
In his sleep, the frown melted from Shianzar's face, and he almost looked kind.

The egg had hatched the day before, and Shianzar had spent a most of the intervening time searching for something to feed the little Tundra. Obviously it hadn't been enough for her, but the fact he'd tried so hard was very promising. However, Derianda knew that his minor acts of kindness were misleading, not real proof that he could be relied upon to behave.

If only he could have been! She would be happy beyond words to step out and drag him back to Tenora's clan if she had any evidence he would ever change his ways for the better. But Deri knew now that it would be better for everyone, Shianzar included, for him to stay as far away from other people as possible.

Perhaps the hatchling would be good for him. Out here, so far away from anyone else, perhaps Shianzar could learn some modicum of kindness. Derianda told herself this very firmly, despite her desire to rush out there and snatch the poor child from his grasp before he could do something cruel. Besides, that would give her position away, and if he knew that she was nearby, she'd be in for more weeks of searching.

A sound of crumbling stone startled her from her vigil. She turned rapidly towards the noise, ready to attack. But what she saw was worse than some marauding beast.

“Deri! We found you!” Jiira's brown eyes filled with light and a huge grin cracked her face. From behind the same pile of rubble came three others from Tenora's clan, the Tundra, the male Mirror, and the Skydancer. “We came to bring you back, Deri!” Jiira said, only a fraction too loud.

Shianzar sat up suddenly, and turned towards the noise.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

I realized I never replied to your comment on my thread o_o I was confused mwehh
and noo Jiira now he knows that he has been stalked
@ArgenteaMoon

I realized I never replied to your comment on my thread o_o I was confused mwehh
and noo Jiira now he knows that he has been stalked
Untitled-1.png140ebfe390e20e35991f0519b6cf34b982f6398e.png
@Sellenar Ya she stuffed up there! She was just so excited she couldn't contain herself
@Sellenar Ya she stuffed up there! She was just so excited she couldn't contain herself
Professional Grump

I live for memes
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33 34