Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | After the Storm – Nuzlocke story
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33 34
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 [i]Geh sorry this took so long guys, I had an assignment and then I just couldn't think of anything to happen until these guys showed up I:[/i] [u]Entry 28[/u] Marl flopped onto his side. Jiira had been pressing them harder in the days since they had met the Guardian, and his feet felt like he'd been walking since then. The others had gone off to hunt and left him behind to set up camp, but right now he was glad to have the rest. Lying on his side, he listened to the sound of his breathing, and decided just to lie there a little longer before getting up and setting up. “Excuse me?” a voice jerked Marl out of his slumber. He looked up and gave a sleepy mumble, “Sorry I was just gonna have a nap … ?” he stopped when he realised that the voice he had heard didn't belong to anyone he knew. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11814066] [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/f5f1dc3d082e48828d8b266264725550/tumblr_nms6la4ZVa1rkef44o4_400.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11930759] [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/4c902d2fb49f5ba2899a0faaf8128d8f/tumblr_nms6la4ZVa1rkef44o3_400.png[/img] [/url] The dragons stared down at him, a male Guardian and a female Mirror, with jade hides and grey wings. “Are you all right?” the female asked. “Huh? Yeah, I was just sleeping,” Marl said. “Out here in the middle of nowhere?” The jade Mirror looked concerned. “What if you'd been attacked by beasts? Where are your clansfolk?” Marl frowned at her slightly condescending tone. “They went hunting, and I was supposed to fix up the camp. I just fell asleep from travelling is all.” “They left you on your own?” The female shared a glance with her companion. “How long ago was this?” “I don't know, I was asleep. Less than an hour, probably?” Marl let the irritation slip into his voice. “Is there anything you [i]wanted?[/i]” “Other than to see that you had not been accosted by beasts?” the female said. “Actually we were wondering if you possibly had seen a particular dragon.” “Well, we did see one other since we set out,” Marl said, “a big male Guardian that looked a lot like you guys.” “Did he tell you his name?” the female asked urgently. “And did he travel with a beast? A white centaur?” “Uh, I didn't see one?” Marl said. “But we didn't find him at his camp or anything. He said his name was Duren.” “Hmm,” the female exchanged a look with her companion. “It is possible that he … ” she murmured. “What's possible?” Marl jumped as Jiira appeared out of nowhere. “Who's this? And where's the camp, Marl?” Marl went red. “Um.” “We are simply two dragons looking for their lost brother,” the jade female said sharply. “Are you this dragon's clanmate?” “Yep!” said Jiira. “Sorta.” “How could you leave another alone in such a desolate place?” “What?” went Jiira. “Who knows what kind of beasts lurk here! Not to mention I have heard of hauntings and monsters from before our time.” Jiira gave the other female a confused and somewhat exasperated look that reminded Marl a little of Tenora. “I've never seen any monsters?” she said. “Marl, you ever seen any?” “No,” Marl shook his head, “and I can look after myself.” “Yeah,” said Jiira. “Whatchu want, anyway?” The jade female gave Jiira an extremely distasteful look. “Your clanmate here has already given us the information we desire. If you would excuse us, we must continue on.” Jiira watched as the two jade dragons left. “Wow, who were those guys?” “They didn't say their names,” Marl said. “I don't know what their problem was either. Where are Cater and Kiterata?” “I left them, to come check if the camp was ready yet,” Jiira said. “Which it isn't?” “Uh,” said Marl, “I fell asleep.” Jiira rolled her eyes. “I'll get on with it!” Marl said hurriedly. He quickly began pulling things out of the packs. Jiira gave him a smile. “Thanks!” Then she rushed off, and Marl was alone again.
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11
Geh sorry this took so long guys, I had an assignment and then I just couldn't think of anything to happen until these guys showed up I:

Entry 28
Marl flopped onto his side. Jiira had been pressing them harder in the days since they had met the Guardian, and his feet felt like he'd been walking since then. The others had gone off to hunt and left him behind to set up camp, but right now he was glad to have the rest.

Lying on his side, he listened to the sound of his breathing, and decided just to lie there a little longer before getting up and setting up.

“Excuse me?” a voice jerked Marl out of his slumber.

He looked up and gave a sleepy mumble, “Sorry I was just gonna have a nap … ?” he stopped when he realised that the voice he had heard didn't belong to anyone he knew.

tumblr_nms6la4ZVa1rkef44o4_400.png

tumblr_nms6la4ZVa1rkef44o3_400.png

The dragons stared down at him, a male Guardian and a female Mirror, with jade hides and grey wings. “Are you all right?” the female asked.

“Huh? Yeah, I was just sleeping,” Marl said.

“Out here in the middle of nowhere?” The jade Mirror looked concerned. “What if you'd been attacked by beasts? Where are your clansfolk?”

Marl frowned at her slightly condescending tone. “They went hunting, and I was supposed to fix up the camp. I just fell asleep from travelling is all.”

“They left you on your own?” The female shared a glance with her companion. “How long ago was this?”

“I don't know, I was asleep. Less than an hour, probably?” Marl let the irritation slip into his voice. “Is there anything you wanted?

“Other than to see that you had not been accosted by beasts?” the female said. “Actually we were wondering if you possibly had seen a particular dragon.”

“Well, we did see one other since we set out,” Marl said, “a big male Guardian that looked a lot like you guys.”

“Did he tell you his name?” the female asked urgently. “And did he travel with a beast? A white centaur?”

“Uh, I didn't see one?” Marl said. “But we didn't find him at his camp or anything. He said his name was Duren.”

“Hmm,” the female exchanged a look with her companion. “It is possible that he … ” she murmured.

“What's possible?” Marl jumped as Jiira appeared out of nowhere. “Who's this? And where's the camp, Marl?”

Marl went red. “Um.”

“We are simply two dragons looking for their lost brother,” the jade female said sharply. “Are you this dragon's clanmate?”

“Yep!” said Jiira. “Sorta.”

“How could you leave another alone in such a desolate place?”

“What?” went Jiira.

“Who knows what kind of beasts lurk here! Not to mention I have heard of hauntings and monsters from before our time.”

Jiira gave the other female a confused and somewhat exasperated look that reminded Marl a little of Tenora. “I've never seen any monsters?” she said. “Marl, you ever seen any?”

“No,” Marl shook his head, “and I can look after myself.”

“Yeah,” said Jiira. “Whatchu want, anyway?”

The jade female gave Jiira an extremely distasteful look. “Your clanmate here has already given us the information we desire. If you would excuse us, we must continue on.”

Jiira watched as the two jade dragons left. “Wow, who were those guys?”

“They didn't say their names,” Marl said. “I don't know what their problem was either. Where are Cater and Kiterata?”

“I left them, to come check if the camp was ready yet,” Jiira said. “Which it isn't?”

“Uh,” said Marl, “I fell asleep.”

Jiira rolled her eyes.

“I'll get on with it!” Marl said hurriedly. He quickly began pulling things out of the packs.

Jiira gave him a smile. “Thanks!” Then she rushed off, and Marl was alone again.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 [u]Entry 29[/u] The Serthis eyed Dorian with suspicion. “Why would I do thhhat?” it hissed. “Would it not be better than being a prisoner?” the bright Imperial inquired. “How would it be any different? You wouldn't let me leave eithhher way.” “On my honour, you would not be mistreated,” Dorian declared. “Once I had ascertained your trustworthiness you would be free to come and go as you pleased. Or leave permanently, if you so wished.” “And if I were to refussse?” the Serthis inquired. “Then I would take it that you did in fact have something to hide.” Dorian's eyes were sharp. “At which point you [i]would[/i] be taken captive.” The Serthis snorted. “I have no choiccce then? Willingly or unwillingly I will be kept here.” It turned its face towards the vast Imperial. “Very well. Better to be a captive temporarily than permanently.” “Very good,” Dorian said. He removed his hand from the Serthis' body. “I am Dorian, leader of this clan. This is the Lady Tenora,” he gestured towards her, “our elder.” Tenora mentally winced at the title. Gods was she really old enough to be an “elder”? The Serthis stared at the both of them, before saying, “I am Ssserithhh.” “Serith?” Dorian said. “Well, I am pleased to meet you, Serith.” The Serthis gave Dorian a long look, apparently confused by the sudden pleasantry. It clearly had an ordeal ahead of it, Tenora thought. Dorian was certainly a bit odd. Later, when she was alone again, even Zhara having vanished, she found herself awoken from a light sleep by a large jade Guardian. She drew back in surprise at the stranger's presence. “I am sorry,” he rumbled. “I hadn't intended to surprise you.” Shaking her groggy head, Tenora said, “You could have just spoken to me? Who are you?” “I am sorry. My name is Duren.” “Tenora,” she replied. The Guardian nodded. “I wanted to ask you if there were other dragons around this place? I am seeking my Charge.” “There are,” Tenora said. “Somewhere. They're off hunting or something.” “May we wait here until they return?” “You can,” Tenora said, and then frowned. “We?” “Yes,” Duren said, drawing aside to reveal a white centaur. “My familiar and I.” [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6337.png[/img] Tenora looked at the centaur. Its steely gaze met hers, unafraid. More Beastfolk. Tenora knew that they weren't all bad, but she felt uneasy around them nevertheless. Her sides and shoulders were a lasting reminder to the dangers of their kind. Then again, the large Guardian in front of her could be considered far more of a threat to her in her current condition than a lone centaur. She sighed. “Is there a problem?” There was a steel in Duren's voice that hadn't been there before. “No, no problem,” Tenora said. “I just had a bad experience with some Maren a while back.” “It is very well then,” Duren said, tone becoming as icy as his eyes, “that Fidelia is a centaur and not Maren.” Well, that was obviously a bad subject for the jade Guardian. Tenora shrugged. “I'm sorry for the implication. Gut reaction. I didn't mean anything about your familiar.” “Keep your gut reactions to yourself, if you please.” The Guardian's tone was perhaps a fraction warmer, but Tenora knew being honest about that to someone who clearly wouldn't appreciate it had been a bit tactless. They sat in silence until others returned.
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11

Entry 29
The Serthis eyed Dorian with suspicion. “Why would I do thhhat?” it hissed.

“Would it not be better than being a prisoner?” the bright Imperial inquired.

“How would it be any different? You wouldn't let me leave eithhher way.”

“On my honour, you would not be mistreated,” Dorian declared. “Once I had ascertained your trustworthiness you would be free to come and go as you pleased. Or leave permanently, if you so wished.”

“And if I were to refussse?” the Serthis inquired.

“Then I would take it that you did in fact have something to hide.” Dorian's eyes were sharp. “At which point you would be taken captive.”

The Serthis snorted. “I have no choiccce then? Willingly or unwillingly I will be kept here.” It turned its face towards the vast Imperial. “Very well. Better to be a captive temporarily than permanently.”

“Very good,” Dorian said. He removed his hand from the Serthis' body. “I am Dorian, leader of this clan. This is the Lady Tenora,” he gestured towards her, “our elder.” Tenora mentally winced at the title. Gods was she really old enough to be an “elder”?

The Serthis stared at the both of them, before saying, “I am Ssserithhh.”

“Serith?” Dorian said. “Well, I am pleased to meet you, Serith.”

The Serthis gave Dorian a long look, apparently confused by the sudden pleasantry. It clearly had an ordeal ahead of it, Tenora thought. Dorian was certainly a bit odd.

Later, when she was alone again, even Zhara having vanished, she found herself awoken from a light sleep by a large jade Guardian. She drew back in surprise at the stranger's presence.

“I am sorry,” he rumbled. “I hadn't intended to surprise you.”

Shaking her groggy head, Tenora said, “You could have just spoken to me? Who are you?”

“I am sorry. My name is Duren.”

“Tenora,” she replied.

The Guardian nodded. “I wanted to ask you if there were other dragons around this place? I am seeking my Charge.”

“There are,” Tenora said. “Somewhere. They're off hunting or something.”

“May we wait here until they return?”

“You can,” Tenora said, and then frowned. “We?”

“Yes,” Duren said, drawing aside to reveal a white centaur. “My familiar and I.”
6337.png

Tenora looked at the centaur. Its steely gaze met hers, unafraid. More Beastfolk. Tenora knew that they weren't all bad, but she felt uneasy around them nevertheless. Her sides and shoulders were a lasting reminder to the dangers of their kind. Then again, the large Guardian in front of her could be considered far more of a threat to her in her current condition than a lone centaur. She sighed.

“Is there a problem?” There was a steel in Duren's voice that hadn't been there before.

“No, no problem,” Tenora said. “I just had a bad experience with some Maren a while back.”

“It is very well then,” Duren said, tone becoming as icy as his eyes, “that Fidelia is a centaur and not Maren.”

Well, that was obviously a bad subject for the jade Guardian. Tenora shrugged. “I'm sorry for the implication. Gut reaction. I didn't mean anything about your familiar.”

“Keep your gut reactions to yourself, if you please.” The Guardian's tone was perhaps a fraction warmer, but Tenora knew being honest about that to someone who clearly wouldn't appreciate it had been a bit tactless. They sat in silence until others returned.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 [i]Took me [/i]way[i] too long to figure out this update I:[/i] [u]Entry 30[/u] “Here,” Jiira said, “it looks like he dug something out of the rubble? The tracks going that way look weird, like he's carrying something too.” Marl, Cater and Kiterata simply nodded their agreement. Marl wasn't an inexperienced hunter, but he couldn't even see whatever trail Jiira was following half the time; she still somehow managed to lead them between recent disturbances and places where something Shianzar's size had stopped to rest. “And hey! Here's Deri's footprints too!” Jiira moved closer to some large scuff marks investigate. “We're definitely going the right way,” she announced. She began to move off in the direction the trail led. “We should stop and make camp,” said Kiterata. “What, [i]again?[/i]” Jiira looked back. “But we only had a break a little bit ago!” “It was at least six hours, Jiira.” Cater gave the green Mirror a tired look. Jiira rolled her eyes. “Fine, we can stop. But Marl's still okay!” “We're Mirrors, Jiira,” Marl said. “We don't get tired travelling overland as quickly as most other dragons.” “Huh,” said Jiira. She pulled off the packages of food attatched to her back, and began to rifle through them. She found a herdbeast hoof and pulled it out to start munching on it. As she sat down, her cape flipped up a little with the force of displaced air, and Marl caught sight of something. “Jiira?” Marl gaped. “What?” The female looked up from her meal of herdbeast to stare back at him, and seeing her face his gape got wider. “Your face … you used to be all rippled, and now …?” Jiira looked down at her chest. Then she lifted her cape, and threw it off. As her wings unfolded to allow it to come off, Marl caught sight of the pattern there too. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8113765] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/46ebc634f2530a63a25f98337c082a93/tumblr_nms6la4ZVa1rkef44o2_400.png[/img] [/url] The pattern on her wings was one he knew well, from his mother's own wings, Tenora's, and so many others' in their clan. But the pattern adorning her body was one he had never seen before in his life, lines sweeping and zigzagging all the way from her snout to her tail. “Wow!” Jiira said. “I've got wings like Tenra's! And what's this?” Cater and Kiterata came closer to see. “Do you guys recognise this pattern?” Marl asked them, gesturing at Jiira's side. “I've never seen a dragon with these markings before, Marl,” Cater said. “Kit, do you recognise them?” Kiterata shook her elegant head. “No,” she replied. “They are not even something I've seen in my dreams. Perhaps it's something new?” “Huh,” said Jiira. “Cool!” She spun around, trying to get a good look at her side. Then suddenly, she picked up her cape from the ground and pulled it back over her new markings, and went back to eating. Marl watched her, a bit dazed after her sudden change of attention. “Uh.” “Yeah?” she said, this time not even looking up. “You um, look nice?” he said. Now she looked up, brown eyes fixing on his golden ones for a second. “Oh, thanks!” she said, smiling. Then she turned back to her meal and went on munching. Marl sighed and also turned his attention to the matter of food. [i](Viperaaaaaaaaaa)[/i]
Took me way too long to figure out this update I:

Entry 30
“Here,” Jiira said, “it looks like he dug something out of the rubble? The tracks going that way look weird, like he's carrying something too.”

Marl, Cater and Kiterata simply nodded their agreement. Marl wasn't an inexperienced hunter, but he couldn't even see whatever trail Jiira was following half the time; she still somehow managed to lead them between recent disturbances and places where something Shianzar's size had stopped to rest.

“And hey! Here's Deri's footprints too!” Jiira moved closer to some large scuff marks investigate. “We're definitely going the right way,” she announced. She began to move off in the direction the trail led.

“We should stop and make camp,” said Kiterata.

“What, again?” Jiira looked back. “But we only had a break a little bit ago!”

“It was at least six hours, Jiira.” Cater gave the green Mirror a tired look.

Jiira rolled her eyes. “Fine, we can stop. But Marl's still okay!”

“We're Mirrors, Jiira,” Marl said. “We don't get tired travelling overland as quickly as most other dragons.”

“Huh,” said Jiira. She pulled off the packages of food attatched to her back, and began to rifle through them. She found a herdbeast hoof and pulled it out to start munching on it. As she sat down, her cape flipped up a little with the force of displaced air, and Marl caught sight of something.

“Jiira?” Marl gaped.

“What?” The female looked up from her meal of herdbeast to stare back at him, and seeing her face his gape got wider.

“Your face … you used to be all rippled, and now …?”

Jiira looked down at her chest. Then she lifted her cape, and threw it off. As her wings unfolded to allow it to come off, Marl caught sight of the pattern there too.

tumblr_nms6la4ZVa1rkef44o2_400.png

The pattern on her wings was one he knew well, from his mother's own wings, Tenora's, and so many others' in their clan. But the pattern adorning her body was one he had never seen before in his life, lines sweeping and zigzagging all the way from her snout to her tail.

“Wow!” Jiira said. “I've got wings like Tenra's! And what's this?”

Cater and Kiterata came closer to see. “Do you guys recognise this pattern?” Marl asked them, gesturing at Jiira's side.

“I've never seen a dragon with these markings before, Marl,” Cater said. “Kit, do you recognise them?”

Kiterata shook her elegant head. “No,” she replied. “They are not even something I've seen in my dreams. Perhaps it's something new?”

“Huh,” said Jiira. “Cool!” She spun around, trying to get a good look at her side. Then suddenly, she picked up her cape from the ground and pulled it back over her new markings, and went back to eating.

Marl watched her, a bit dazed after her sudden change of attention. “Uh.”

“Yeah?” she said, this time not even looking up.

“You um, look nice?” he said.

Now she looked up, brown eyes fixing on his golden ones for a second. “Oh, thanks!” she said, smiling. Then she turned back to her meal and went on munching.

Marl sighed and also turned his attention to the matter of food.

(Viperaaaaaaaaaa)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
OMG Jiiraaaaaaa~ you've grown up so fast from the last update that I read. XD

Congrats on the Viperaaaaa~! :3
OMG Jiiraaaaaaa~ you've grown up so fast from the last update that I read. XD

Congrats on the Viperaaaaa~! :3
Light Sprite
@ArgenteaMoon I'm only on pg 5 but like the combo of two stories...can i be added to your ping list plz :) Shianzar is a pistil :)
@ArgenteaMoon I'm only on pg 5 but like the combo of two stories...can i be added to your ping list plz :) Shianzar is a pistil :)
zyvrj7C.png
@Katerrn sure :3
And pistil ... hmmm I dunno if you meant that, but if you did, I'd personally go with stamen? because if you wanna refer to him as the male member, you should pick the male part of a flower :3
@Katerrn sure :3
And pistil ... hmmm I dunno if you meant that, but if you did, I'd personally go with stamen? because if you wanna refer to him as the male member, you should pick the male part of a flower :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Psychocanes haha yeah she kinda has. (and haven't you been readin my updorts?)
And that vipera took me waaaayyyy less time than it shoulda with my terrible Australian connection. Just luck, I guess.
@Psychocanes haha yeah she kinda has. (and haven't you been readin my updorts?)
And that vipera took me waaaayyyy less time than it shoulda with my terrible Australian connection. Just luck, I guess.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@argenteaMoon my bad spelling pistol was the word i was going for
@argenteaMoon my bad spelling pistol was the word i was going for
zyvrj7C.png
@ArgenteaMoon OTL Gonna confess that I've not been able to read up much. Still, having genes just give this grown up dragon feeling. XD
@ArgenteaMoon OTL Gonna confess that I've not been able to read up much. Still, having genes just give this grown up dragon feeling. XD
Light Sprite
@Katerrn aw and there was me hopin' you'd made a plants joke, sigh ...

@psychocanes hehe I hope you didn't just read this update without reading the intervening ones is all! And hah you're kinda right, it does in a way add to their grown-up-ness :3
@Katerrn aw and there was me hopin' you'd made a plants joke, sigh ...

@psychocanes hehe I hope you didn't just read this update without reading the intervening ones is all! And hah you're kinda right, it does in a way add to their grown-up-ness :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33 34