Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Shock Switch Upcoming Features/Bugs
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 166 167
@Mistiel, I know :/ it doesn't seem like the higher levels are paying more >_>
@Mistiel, I know :/ it doesn't seem like the higher levels are paying more >_>
hate
hate
hate
hATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE

the payout nerf.

Are. You. Kidding. Me.

So let me get this straight. Prices for dragons are plummeting. No one is buying any dragons because they don't have any money. And... you nerf shock switch?

Every single day more topics crop up complaining about the economy, and you NERF the ONE DECENT way of making any money?

Let me set this straight. I actually HATE Shock Switch. It's not fun, it's extremely boring and repetitive. But it is - or WAS - the one good way of making decent money. Before SS I would NEVER hit my daily cap from Runes and Jigsaw, but with SS I was able to do so every single day.

My strategy was to play Very Easy up to speed 50 and then cash in and net a cool 10k every 45 or so minutes of play. With the nerf it isn't even worth my time to play for any amount of time because the rewards are so piddling.

If more ways of getting treasure aren't introduced I am probably going to leave this website because there is just no fun way of getting treasure. Making money in this game is a chore, and it's not fun at all.
hate
hate
hate
hATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE

the payout nerf.

Are. You. Kidding. Me.

So let me get this straight. Prices for dragons are plummeting. No one is buying any dragons because they don't have any money. And... you nerf shock switch?

Every single day more topics crop up complaining about the economy, and you NERF the ONE DECENT way of making any money?

Let me set this straight. I actually HATE Shock Switch. It's not fun, it's extremely boring and repetitive. But it is - or WAS - the one good way of making decent money. Before SS I would NEVER hit my daily cap from Runes and Jigsaw, but with SS I was able to do so every single day.

My strategy was to play Very Easy up to speed 50 and then cash in and net a cool 10k every 45 or so minutes of play. With the nerf it isn't even worth my time to play for any amount of time because the rewards are so piddling.

If more ways of getting treasure aren't introduced I am probably going to leave this website because there is just no fun way of getting treasure. Making money in this game is a chore, and it's not fun at all.
The game is already hard on my hands and wrists. I ain't gettin' any younger, and now it takes MORE time when I was already spending about 2-3 hours or more to hit cap? I don't mind playing very hard, but it feels like the amount is still not high enough.

Granted, I am another who kinda zones out on SS, but....

It's almost like you don't want us making any money.....

Has anyone even thought about what you'd like us to be able to make per hour and factored that in? If it's absurdly low, then a LOT of people aren't going to have enough time to do so, will likely get frustrated, and possibly leave the game.
The game is already hard on my hands and wrists. I ain't gettin' any younger, and now it takes MORE time when I was already spending about 2-3 hours or more to hit cap? I don't mind playing very hard, but it feels like the amount is still not high enough.

Granted, I am another who kinda zones out on SS, but....

It's almost like you don't want us making any money.....

Has anyone even thought about what you'd like us to be able to make per hour and factored that in? If it's absurdly low, then a LOT of people aren't going to have enough time to do so, will likely get frustrated, and possibly leave the game.
I finally get the hang of a fun game and decide to start saving to buy myself a spiral dragon that I've dreamed of for ages....and then the prizes drop. :( It's a shame that everytime I get into this site again something changes. :s
I finally get the hang of a fun game and decide to start saving to buy myself a spiral dragon that I've dreamed of for ages....and then the prizes drop. :( It's a shame that everytime I get into this site again something changes. :s
I do admit that I am a bit disappointed with the treasure nerf to SS, especially when RL is taking a huge toll on me (and many others) and I agree with so many others in this thread that it was a great means to make some money and keeping the economy afloat.

For me, I am an apprentice mortician so have little time as it is, but when SS was paying out I could happily max my lucky streak with relative ease and enjoy the game and its treasure rewards. Now it seems much more time consuming once more to max out, its a bit saddening to be honest.

So in the end, I heavily agree with Zyymurgy here. I could grind in the Coli for money, but even then time for me isn't in abundance. I'm not expecting to be a millionaire here and have it handed to me, but I don't like how difficult it is to get treasure either. I was happy putting time into SS and getting a good payout for my work. Now it doesn't seem that worth it.
I do admit that I am a bit disappointed with the treasure nerf to SS, especially when RL is taking a huge toll on me (and many others) and I agree with so many others in this thread that it was a great means to make some money and keeping the economy afloat.

For me, I am an apprentice mortician so have little time as it is, but when SS was paying out I could happily max my lucky streak with relative ease and enjoy the game and its treasure rewards. Now it seems much more time consuming once more to max out, its a bit saddening to be honest.

So in the end, I heavily agree with Zyymurgy here. I could grind in the Coli for money, but even then time for me isn't in abundance. I'm not expecting to be a millionaire here and have it handed to me, but I don't like how difficult it is to get treasure either. I was happy putting time into SS and getting a good payout for my work. Now it doesn't seem that worth it.
rbinth.jpgtumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif2002ruc.jpg
[quote name="Karja" date="2013-09-01 05:52:32"]Has anyone even thought about what you'd like us to be able to make per hour and factored that in? If it's absurdly low, then a LOT of people aren't going to have enough time to do so, will likely get frustrated, and possibly leave the game.[/quote] I think this is an excellent suggestion. Coliseum's payout has been too low for weeks, and it seems like Shock Switch was nerfed down toward Coliseum instead of Coliseum being raised up toward Shock Switch? IMO the ideal payout would be something like 500 treasure or 500 sellback-price worth of items per minute.
Karja wrote on 2013-09-01 05:52:32:
I think this is an excellent suggestion. Coliseum's payout has been too low for weeks, and it seems like Shock Switch was nerfed down toward Coliseum instead of Coliseum being raised up toward Shock Switch? IMO the ideal payout would be something like 500 treasure or 500 sellback-price worth of items per minute.
I breed XXY IMPs!
jFhVofF.png
Aside from all the iterations on why nerfing the values of the lower levels was the worst idea ever in the current economy (really, you could have buffed the values of the harder levels without nerfing the lower ones), SS is impossible to play today.

I've tried playing at least 10 games now and every single time, at some point when I get my score past 100k or so, it disconnects from the server on me. So I have wasted so much time and gotten no treasure as a result. I don't even know what to do at this point. I was hoping to be able to max out my lucky streak since it's the weekend and I'll actually have the time to do it, but so far, despite the nearly two hours I've put into this game today, I've only been able to finish a single game and earn 9k.

How is that even remotely fair?

I have people counting on me to pay them for dragons I've bought and I need to be able to earn treasure in a reliable manner. I just...I don't even know. I'm so frustrasted right now that I'm on the verge of tears. Every time you guys fix one thing and the game becomes pleasant again, you go and do something like nerf loot values and payouts and just make it so much harder all over again.
Aside from all the iterations on why nerfing the values of the lower levels was the worst idea ever in the current economy (really, you could have buffed the values of the harder levels without nerfing the lower ones), SS is impossible to play today.

I've tried playing at least 10 games now and every single time, at some point when I get my score past 100k or so, it disconnects from the server on me. So I have wasted so much time and gotten no treasure as a result. I don't even know what to do at this point. I was hoping to be able to max out my lucky streak since it's the weekend and I'll actually have the time to do it, but so far, despite the nearly two hours I've put into this game today, I've only been able to finish a single game and earn 9k.

How is that even remotely fair?

I have people counting on me to pay them for dragons I've bought and I need to be able to earn treasure in a reliable manner. I just...I don't even know. I'm so frustrasted right now that I'm on the verge of tears. Every time you guys fix one thing and the game becomes pleasant again, you go and do something like nerf loot values and payouts and just make it so much harder all over again.
9k1qwzk.png
With this treasure nerf, down goes another perfectly good game... Thanks for that. Really. Thanks. -_-;
With this treasure nerf, down goes another perfectly good game... Thanks for that. Really. Thanks. -_-;
LD9gQsp.png
Ping me if you need me.
I don't really understand why the payout had to be nerfed in the first place. It's not like it was easy to earn money before that. At best, it took two hours instead of three =_= it's almost like you don't want us to earn money.
I don't really understand why the payout had to be nerfed in the first place. It's not like it was easy to earn money before that. At best, it took two hours instead of three =_= it's almost like you don't want us to earn money.
Slightly obsessed with radiation. Maybe too obsessed.

nZWwypm.png
Alright I just did a couple quick games. One in Hard and one in Easy. In Hard, I got all the way to like, 444k points and got 9k treasure. In Easy, I got to 449k points and ended the game to compare and got 15k treasure.

So, it's still more lucrative to play the lower levels because of how treasure is tallied. In order to make the higher levels more lucrative like Thrage probably wanted when he changed the payout, he's gonna have to change what determines how much treasure you get--currently it seems to be based off of how big your chains are. It's more difficult to get bigger chains in the higher levels because of the different blocks, so it's always going to be more effective to farm the lower levels.

Unless he changes the treasure multiplier to your score, not chains.

So basically he just nerfed the entire payout for the whole game, since it's hella hard to get any sort of treasure from the harder levels because of the treasure multiplier. I had been okay with the treasure nerf to lower levels because it made sense--reward the people who play the higher levels. But with the way it's currently set up, it just doesn't work like that.
Alright I just did a couple quick games. One in Hard and one in Easy. In Hard, I got all the way to like, 444k points and got 9k treasure. In Easy, I got to 449k points and ended the game to compare and got 15k treasure.

So, it's still more lucrative to play the lower levels because of how treasure is tallied. In order to make the higher levels more lucrative like Thrage probably wanted when he changed the payout, he's gonna have to change what determines how much treasure you get--currently it seems to be based off of how big your chains are. It's more difficult to get bigger chains in the higher levels because of the different blocks, so it's always going to be more effective to farm the lower levels.

Unless he changes the treasure multiplier to your score, not chains.

So basically he just nerfed the entire payout for the whole game, since it's hella hard to get any sort of treasure from the harder levels because of the treasure multiplier. I had been okay with the treasure nerf to lower levels because it made sense--reward the people who play the higher levels. But with the way it's currently set up, it just doesn't work like that.
qOYhgZ9.png
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 166 167