Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Severe slowness
1 2
Checked my internet speed (download) and it's 27 Mbps average, Flight Rising is the only site I've been having problems with for the past two weeks or so. The site loads very slowly, particularly now that I'm on T-Com (Hrvatski Telekom; provider)

Type of network: wireless
System: Windows 10 Home, version 21H1 19043.1055
BIOS: for an Alienware 17 R4 system (Dell) 1.11.1
Antivirus: Windows Security
Browser: Chrome, Firefox or Edge, all updated, all slow

I cleaned my cache recently, nothing seems to be helping.
Checked my internet speed (download) and it's 27 Mbps average, Flight Rising is the only site I've been having problems with for the past two weeks or so. The site loads very slowly, particularly now that I'm on T-Com (Hrvatski Telekom; provider)

Type of network: wireless
System: Windows 10 Home, version 21H1 19043.1055
BIOS: for an Alienware 17 R4 system (Dell) 1.11.1
Antivirus: Windows Security
Browser: Chrome, Firefox or Edge, all updated, all slow

I cleaned my cache recently, nothing seems to be helping.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Natron run trace route. this will allow you to pinpoint where the lag comes from
@Natron run trace route. this will allow you to pinpoint where the lag comes from
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@ralzakark I actually just attempted to download a GPU driver and realised that my internet is actually slow as bum.

But I'll do that regardless, thank u
@ralzakark I actually just attempted to download a GPU driver and realised that my internet is actually slow as bum.

But I'll do that regardless, thank u
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@ralzakark okay I did it for both my mobile receiver and for this stationary one but I have no clue what to do with this information though. Could you perhaps explain what exactly this does and what I'm supposed to be looking for, thankie
@ralzakark okay I did it for both my mobile receiver and for this stationary one but I have no clue what to do with this information though. Could you perhaps explain what exactly this does and what I'm supposed to be looking for, thankie
@Natron if you did it with command prompt or power shell, there should be three row list of numbers on left side. top on list is where you are at, bottom of the list is where flight rising is at. everything in between is things your connection hops through in between. small number = good and fast, big number = bad and slow (generally above around 150 is unusually laggy). there is likely somewhere in the list where the numbers suddenly become a lot bigger showing where the issues occur. if the numbers are very big right at the start, issue is in your end.

also if there is asterisks, it means that it could not be connected. sometimes it means just firewall, but sometimes it may mean outages.
@Natron if you did it with command prompt or power shell, there should be three row list of numbers on left side. top on list is where you are at, bottom of the list is where flight rising is at. everything in between is things your connection hops through in between. small number = good and fast, big number = bad and slow (generally above around 150 is unusually laggy). there is likely somewhere in the list where the numbers suddenly become a lot bigger showing where the issues occur. if the numbers are very big right at the start, issue is in your end.

also if there is asterisks, it means that it could not be connected. sometimes it means just firewall, but sometimes it may mean outages.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@ralzakark fascinating and actually really puzzling- hold on.

I traced both of my routers. The one that I am currently using (the small mobile one) and it's fairly fast, loads stuff usually in less than a second, has the average ms of 350. It starts off with 3 ms 1 ms 3 ms, everything else is in 300s.

On the other hand, the other stationary router has the average of 60 ms and it takes around 20 seconds for some pages to load while some load completely normally. I just...have no idea.
@ralzakark fascinating and actually really puzzling- hold on.

I traced both of my routers. The one that I am currently using (the small mobile one) and it's fairly fast, loads stuff usually in less than a second, has the average ms of 350. It starts off with 3 ms 1 ms 3 ms, everything else is in 300s.

On the other hand, the other stationary router has the average of 60 ms and it takes around 20 seconds for some pages to load while some load completely normally. I just...have no idea.
@ralzakark okay so I checked it on my Mum's laptop and it's also slow there so it's a relief knowing it's nothing hardware-related (although, when is it really lmao; that's an inside joke about me constantly fearing something's wrong with my expensive PC and it never was). Most websites load very fast, Flight Rising is unbelievably slow.
@ralzakark okay so I checked it on my Mum's laptop and it's also slow there so it's a relief knowing it's nothing hardware-related (although, when is it really lmao; that's an inside joke about me constantly fearing something's wrong with my expensive PC and it never was). Most websites load very fast, Flight Rising is unbelievably slow.
@antimoany no worries, I messed around with the router and turned it off 4 times. Just checked on a different laptop and it's slow there too. I even moved the router around to put it closer to the window because this is a stone house and we have had issues with routers not being effective when surrounded by thick walls.

Genuinely have no idea what this is about.
@antimoany no worries, I messed around with the router and turned it off 4 times. Just checked on a different laptop and it's slow there too. I even moved the router around to put it closer to the window because this is a stone house and we have had issues with routers not being effective when surrounded by thick walls.

Genuinely have no idea what this is about.
Wow, this internet is truly a mystery to me. I just went to restart my laptop and now it's occasionally working fine, then slow, then fine, then slow
Wow, this internet is truly a mystery to me. I just went to restart my laptop and now it's occasionally working fine, then slow, then fine, then slow
@antimoany Alright, switching to wired unfortunately isn't an option as I do not have an ethernet cable. No one else is currently using the network except me so that's not an issue. The thing is, sometimes the page loads immediately, sometimes it takes around 8 seconds (20 was a slight exaggeration but it has happened). Deviantart, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Google, Twitter - they all load immediately. If I leave the internet "idle" a bit, Flight Rising takes long to load. Then if I navigate around a bit, it gets okay, then drops again if I leave it idle. Everything else loads instantly, even the download speed is normal again. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ua4KDne.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/67HwqRS.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aj9Afmx.png[/img] The last one was me trying to post a comment
@antimoany
Alright, switching to wired unfortunately isn't an option as I do not have an ethernet cable.

No one else is currently using the network except me so that's not an issue.

The thing is, sometimes the page loads immediately, sometimes it takes around 8 seconds (20 was a slight exaggeration but it has happened).

Deviantart, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Google, Twitter - they all load immediately. If I leave the internet "idle" a bit, Flight Rising takes long to load. Then if I navigate around a bit, it gets okay, then drops again if I leave it idle. Everything else loads instantly, even the download speed is normal again.

Ua4KDne.png
67HwqRS.png
aj9Afmx.png

The last one was me trying to post a comment
1 2