Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Bio Scrollbar Missing?
Before the profile revamp, if your Dragon's bio had a lot of stuff in it (images, text, etc.) It would eventually get a horizontal scrollbar so all of the media contained could still be seen.

However ever since the dragon profiles were updated, these scrollbars have vanished, and anything that would have been in the space required to scroll to see has been chopped in half.

Before the profile revamp, if your Dragon's bio had a lot of stuff in it (images, text, etc.) It would eventually get a horizontal scrollbar so all of the media contained could still be seen.

However ever since the dragon profiles were updated, these scrollbars have vanished, and anything that would have been in the space required to scroll to see has been chopped in half.

Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
bump ?
bump ?
Elsie | She / they|
Also have this issue - if an oversized image is in a dragon bio, it and any other content extend beyond the boundaries of the bio with no way of viewing the hidden information.

Edit: An example
Also have this issue - if an oversized image is in a dragon bio, it and any other content extend beyond the boundaries of the bio with no way of viewing the hidden information.

Edit: An example
9.pngC4op4pY.png9.png
@amapup

Thank you for describing it more clearly than I was able to!

also I love the little Illuminati in your signature
@amapup

Thank you for describing it more clearly than I was able to!

also I love the little Illuminati in your signature
Elsie | She / they|
another bump. Am I allowed to ping staff on this ?
another bump. Am I allowed to ping staff on this ?
Elsie | She / they|
@Mangoeclipse
As per the Spam Rules for FR, bumping Bug Reports is not allowed.

Being a developer is a paid job, and the developers generally take their weekends, which would explain why this board has been quiet the last few days.

That being said, you shouldn't ping the developers for a bug report, unless it is a bad exploit, in which case you wouldn't be posting a forum thread for it at all, rather you'd be sending in a ticket to Contact Us. That being said, this doesn't appear to be a bug — it seems, based on the thread for the update's launch, that this is more or less intentional. Ctrl+F "Important Note". I say more or less because it seems they tried to not have the space pushed off but couldn't figure out a solution.

This seems to only happen if a Vista is applied as well, because without a vista, all oversized content is resized automatically to fit in full-width bios.
@Mangoeclipse
As per the Spam Rules for FR, bumping Bug Reports is not allowed.

Being a developer is a paid job, and the developers generally take their weekends, which would explain why this board has been quiet the last few days.

That being said, you shouldn't ping the developers for a bug report, unless it is a bad exploit, in which case you wouldn't be posting a forum thread for it at all, rather you'd be sending in a ticket to Contact Us. That being said, this doesn't appear to be a bug — it seems, based on the thread for the update's launch, that this is more or less intentional. Ctrl+F "Important Note". I say more or less because it seems they tried to not have the space pushed off but couldn't figure out a solution.

This seems to only happen if a Vista is applied as well, because without a vista, all oversized content is resized automatically to fit in full-width bios.
fo11Vhp.png
@Naegiri

Whoops, forgot about that. My bad.

I hope they find a fix for it as the over sized content in
this bio and this bio Have not been automatically resized, nor do they have vistas.
@Naegiri

Whoops, forgot about that. My bad.

I hope they find a fix for it as the over sized content in
this bio and this bio Have not been automatically resized, nor do they have vistas.
Elsie | She / they|
@Mangoeclipse

It looks more like a column issue.

The images will auto resize if not in columns but because they are, the bio cannot auto resize for you.

All you can really do to fix it is resize the graphics yourself and replace the current graphics.

Columns have always been finicky, but unfortunately, it's a downfall of BBcode.

Maybe there is something the staff could do in the future but yeah.

edit: If you want my guess on why this is happening, it's most likely because you can add as many columns as you'd like but the bio can't really read the columns or the sizes of the items you have in the column. The auto resize can probably only know the max length of the standard bio (no vista and no columns) and can dynmically change the image size based on that.
@Mangoeclipse

It looks more like a column issue.

The images will auto resize if not in columns but because they are, the bio cannot auto resize for you.

All you can really do to fix it is resize the graphics yourself and replace the current graphics.

Columns have always been finicky, but unfortunately, it's a downfall of BBcode.

Maybe there is something the staff could do in the future but yeah.

edit: If you want my guess on why this is happening, it's most likely because you can add as many columns as you'd like but the bio can't really read the columns or the sizes of the items you have in the column. The auto resize can probably only know the max length of the standard bio (no vista and no columns) and can dynmically change the image size based on that.
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
@L1BR4

once again, columns are my Achilles heel. I hope they can find a work around for it or just re-implement scroll bars. I really like having everything centered instead of being like, centered and then stacked underneath eachother
@L1BR4

once again, columns are my Achilles heel. I hope they can find a work around for it or just re-implement scroll bars. I really like having everything centered instead of being like, centered and then stacked underneath eachother
Elsie | She / they|
I have this problem as well, though it only really happens when I add a vista (which kinda stinks cause I want to add vistas to my dragons while also not having most of the text obscured)

Good luck on figuring out how to fix this though! I'm really bad at coding (and usually just use profile codes form the creative corner forum) so I probably can't really fix the columns and will probably have to wait until they add scroll bars back if possible.
I have this problem as well, though it only really happens when I add a vista (which kinda stinks cause I want to add vistas to my dragons while also not having most of the text obscured)

Good luck on figuring out how to fix this though! I'm really bad at coding (and usually just use profile codes form the creative corner forum) so I probably can't really fix the columns and will probably have to wait until they add scroll bars back if possible.
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif FMoJ9vk.png
H2jRHgT.png
J7D1quC.png

Hi, I'm Fruit! I'm a digital artist, amateur fiction writer, aspiring musician (bass), but most of all: a professional idiot. My two favorite things are rock 'n roll and frillback pigeons.
ezgif-3-3eb9aae531.gif

FMoJ9vk.pngRDt6LqI.pngJ7D1quC.png
uQA55c0.pngimage0.giftumblr_inline_oki6607XCW1tfmvub_100.png