Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | These dragons shouldn't be compatible...
1 2 3
[quote name="Beastface" date="2019-08-21 03:52:56" ] I suppose one way to test what's up would be to actually try to breed a dragon this happens to to see if they are truly compatible or if it's a bug with assay bloodlines. [/quote]
Beastface wrote on 2019-08-21 03:52:56:
I suppose one way to test what's up would be to actually try to breed a dragon this happens to to see if they are truly compatible or if it's a bug with assay bloodlines.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
@AlphaSobek @Lara8

As far as I'm aware, only one nest of infertile dragons exist (I've only seen one nest). My friend actually has an infertile dragon that can't breed with anything, including G1s. It's a really neat phenomenon!

@AlphaSobek @Lara8

As far as I'm aware, only one nest of infertile dragons exist (I've only seen one nest). My friend actually has an infertile dragon that can't breed with anything, including G1s. It's a really neat phenomenon!

You can never have enough apparel. I will not stop until my hoard is dripping with it.
From what I know, they fixed the bug and when testing with my own infertile girl they truly can't breed at all. And I'm actually surprised that to hear there was only one nest of infertiles? I don't think that's true, maybe one breeding pair, as her parents produced a fair few infertiles, with Bedlam being one of the last. But I could be wrong, was a while since I last investigated her lineage.
From what I know, they fixed the bug and when testing with my own infertile girl they truly can't breed at all. And I'm actually surprised that to hear there was only one nest of infertiles? I don't think that's true, maybe one breeding pair, as her parents produced a fair few infertiles, with Bedlam being one of the last. But I could be wrong, was a while since I last investigated her lineage.
Untitled_Artwork.png
Apparently I have nothing better to do than check and double-check dragons bloodlines at 4 in the morning. [size=2][s](Actually, I do, I'm suppose to be working on badges shhhh...)[/s][/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2726261/3#post_39973598]Tracking bloodlines[/url] is something I'm very concerned about as a dragon breeder, so I was curious about this situation. SO. @Lara8 I made a very quick and rough family tree in XMind using your dragons. I also made another family tree using a known descendant of one of my hatchery pairs, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28239027]Fortune Days[/url] x [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25210898]Gleam[/url]. The results are...weird. [url=https://i.imgur.com/CuoeBYu.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/CuoeBYu.png[/img][/url] [url=https://i.imgur.com/1Q2A83L.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/1Q2A83L.png[/img][/url] The dragons on the last line with a green background are able to breed with the descendant we're testing (who is located at the top). If the dragons have a red background, they're unable to breed with the descendant. Dragons with a grey background don't concern us. (But they're also unable to breed if you're curious.) As you can see, if you go down either parents' patrilineal lines (not just solely the father's), you can breed your descendant a generation earlier than you should. Pretty sure this is a bug, but I have no idea how the code is figuring this out. I didn't include the great-great-great-grandparents line because the family trees are already squashed enough, and I'm presuming that all the dragons in the GGG-grandparents generation check out as fine since they're outside the 5 generation limitation. Don't know if the devs are aware of this, but just to be safe, while you're sorting through your breeding stock, I would keep only the dragons that are outside 5 generations. If this bug does end up being fixed in the future, then you don't want to hold onto dragons that later end up as useless partners. (And you certainly don't want to accidentally spend genes on them or anything.)
Apparently I have nothing better to do than check and double-check dragons bloodlines at 4 in the morning. (Actually, I do, I'm suppose to be working on badges shhhh...) Tracking bloodlines is something I'm very concerned about as a dragon breeder, so I was curious about this situation.

SO. @Lara8

I made a very quick and rough family tree in XMind using your dragons. I also made another family tree using a known descendant of one of my hatchery pairs, Fortune Days x Gleam. The results are...weird.

CuoeBYu.png

1Q2A83L.png

The dragons on the last line with a green background are able to breed with the descendant we're testing (who is located at the top). If the dragons have a red background, they're unable to breed with the descendant. Dragons with a grey background don't concern us. (But they're also unable to breed if you're curious.)

As you can see, if you go down either parents' patrilineal lines (not just solely the father's), you can breed your descendant a generation earlier than you should. Pretty sure this is a bug, but I have no idea how the code is figuring this out.

I didn't include the great-great-great-grandparents line because the family trees are already squashed enough, and I'm presuming that all the dragons in the GGG-grandparents generation check out as fine since they're outside the 5 generation limitation.

Don't know if the devs are aware of this, but just to be safe, while you're sorting through your breeding stock, I would keep only the dragons that are outside 5 generations. If this bug does end up being fixed in the future, then you don't want to hold onto dragons that later end up as useless partners. (And you certainly don't want to accidentally spend genes on them or anything.)
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
@Lara8 Moved to Bug Reports. Cheers!
@Lara8 Moved to Bug Reports. Cheers!
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

@arcaneidolriots

Thank you for being so in-depth! I discovered this after I'd already been sorting through project stock for quite a while and assumed I must be missing something, but that tree really makes it clear.

And now that it's a confirmed bug, thanks for the assist, @Peixes!
@arcaneidolriots

Thank you for being so in-depth! I discovered this after I'd already been sorting through project stock for quite a while and assumed I must be missing something, but that tree really makes it clear.

And now that it's a confirmed bug, thanks for the assist, @Peixes!
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Okay, I found a way to test this out, using @arcaneidolriots 's chart.

I still have the full-blood sister of my lucky hatchling from her parents' previous nest.

I also own the full-blood brother of the female Coatl who is one of their great-grandmothers, and whose parents Eidolon and Qinghua are both shown as green on that chart.

This great-uncle, by my reckoning, should be incompatible with both girls, since his parents are only four generations away from them.

Assay bloodlines says they can breed anyway.

I just nested him with my older female and it worked. Will report back whether the hatchlings are fertile.
Okay, I found a way to test this out, using @arcaneidolriots 's chart.

I still have the full-blood sister of my lucky hatchling from her parents' previous nest.

I also own the full-blood brother of the female Coatl who is one of their great-grandmothers, and whose parents Eidolon and Qinghua are both shown as green on that chart.

This great-uncle, by my reckoning, should be incompatible with both girls, since his parents are only four generations away from them.

Assay bloodlines says they can breed anyway.

I just nested him with my older female and it worked. Will report back whether the hatchlings are fertile.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Forgot to update this - the nest hatched and their offspring can breed with G1s. Their parents are still listed as compatible, although I still don't think they should be.

Would be interested to hear some word on this.
Forgot to update this - the nest hatched and their offspring can breed with G1s. Their parents are still listed as compatible, although I still don't think they should be.

Would be interested to hear some word on this.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8 Hey there! I've been following this thread since you first posted it in FRD. I've done some digging and found a post from 2016 about the same bug. Mutron says they're planning on fixing it, but I don't know if that statement still holds up in the current year. Perhaps it will be fixed if & when the breeding code is touched during the site rewrite..?

I could've sworn I've seen others talk about this bug before, but I haven't been able to find any other threads.

As a side note, I've also been playing around with potential pairings based around this bug to see what kind of convoluted family trees I can make.
@Lara8 Hey there! I've been following this thread since you first posted it in FRD. I've done some digging and found a post from 2016 about the same bug. Mutron says they're planning on fixing it, but I don't know if that statement still holds up in the current year. Perhaps it will be fixed if & when the breeding code is touched during the site rewrite..?

I could've sworn I've seen others talk about this bug before, but I haven't been able to find any other threads.

As a side note, I've also been playing around with potential pairings based around this bug to see what kind of convoluted family trees I can make.
GgLiFQ0.png
@XNeox

Oh, thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose project's ever gotten complicated enough for this to be an issue, LOL.

Given that it appears from Mutron's post there will be significant notice given if it's ever to be changed, I'm also less worried about setting up a 'valid' pair that breaks someday.
@XNeox

Oh, thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose project's ever gotten complicated enough for this to be an issue, LOL.

Given that it appears from Mutron's post there will be significant notice given if it's ever to be changed, I'm also less worried about setting up a 'valid' pair that breaks someday.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2 3