Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | No strange chests while digging
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Are any admins going to comment on the fact that chests were not put in a separate pool like elemental currency?
Are any admins going to comment on the fact that chests were not put in a separate pool like elemental currency?
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
Admins replied and said the rate never had and never will be adjusted. I've posted the following before, but the admins wanted to consolidate the issue into one thread.

I can confirm this is happening to lower levels too. I'm level 13 and got a whopping total of 4 chests from digging today. Previously I got about 20-ish chests per day. Looking at my experience, I did not level up recently.

Some explanations are
  1. leveling up during the event increased the pool of items gathered, so chests became less common
  2. the extra turns given at the start of the event led to more chests gathered, skewing the actual rarity

Despite these two reasons, I still think something is buggy about the system. The chests basically do not appear in gathering anymore. This change seems way too drastic.
Admins replied and said the rate never had and never will be adjusted. I've posted the following before, but the admins wanted to consolidate the issue into one thread.

I can confirm this is happening to lower levels too. I'm level 13 and got a whopping total of 4 chests from digging today. Previously I got about 20-ish chests per day. Looking at my experience, I did not level up recently.

Some explanations are
  1. leveling up during the event increased the pool of items gathered, so chests became less common
  2. the extra turns given at the start of the event led to more chests gathered, skewing the actual rarity

Despite these two reasons, I still think something is buggy about the system. The chests basically do not appear in gathering anymore. This change seems way too drastic.
PlagueFlag.gif
I'm at level 25 digging, using all my turns every day, and the entire event (including right at the beginning even with the extra turns) I've never gotten more than 15 chests a day, rarely higher than 10 and frequently fewer than 5 and I think I've had a day or two of 0 chests. (would have to go to my docs for specific numbers if people want - I record all my turns) :c Digging drop rate is waaaaaayyy too low for the opportunity it costs us to have to stop gathering food/swipp items.

Which I know, logically speaking that means I should just toss digging into the trash bin and go ahead and use my turns for food gathering instead, but I still don't have all the familiars and I don't always have time for coli...

I'm not tight on food at the moment, esp with the coli drops from when I DO coli, but it's... disheartening. Especially when 99.999999% of the chests are useless anyway.

Overall it's a great idea/event but... yeah. I'd settle for low digging drop rates if the contents had better odds, but as it is...
I'm at level 25 digging, using all my turns every day, and the entire event (including right at the beginning even with the extra turns) I've never gotten more than 15 chests a day, rarely higher than 10 and frequently fewer than 5 and I think I've had a day or two of 0 chests. (would have to go to my docs for specific numbers if people want - I record all my turns) :c Digging drop rate is waaaaaayyy too low for the opportunity it costs us to have to stop gathering food/swipp items.

Which I know, logically speaking that means I should just toss digging into the trash bin and go ahead and use my turns for food gathering instead, but I still don't have all the familiars and I don't always have time for coli...

I'm not tight on food at the moment, esp with the coli drops from when I DO coli, but it's... disheartening. Especially when 99.999999% of the chests are useless anyway.

Overall it's a great idea/event but... yeah. I'd settle for low digging drop rates if the contents had better odds, but as it is...
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
The first day I got like 40 chests from digging alone - after that it was between 10 and 20, which made sense because no bonus turns. In fire with bolstered bonus today I got one stack of 3. That should not be working like that - if it's the level effecting it, I'm 21 as of the last few days. And honestly, a players level shouldn't effect events like this at all - it's not like gold ore that I can just be patient for. There's a time constraint.
The first day I got like 40 chests from digging alone - after that it was between 10 and 20, which made sense because no bonus turns. In fire with bolstered bonus today I got one stack of 3. That should not be working like that - if it's the level effecting it, I'm 21 as of the last few days. And honestly, a players level shouldn't effect events like this at all - it's not like gold ore that I can just be patient for. There's a time constraint.
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
The first day I had my regular 15 turns, I still got 30-40 chests. My results aren't skewed. At all.

@Saiichi, if you don't mind, where's the thread where the admins said that?
The first day I had my regular 15 turns, I still got 30-40 chests. My results aren't skewed. At all.

@Saiichi, if you don't mind, where's the thread where the admins said that?
b6M3VPH.png
@Airys Second to last post.
@Airys Second to last post.
PlagueFlag.gif
Thank you, @Saiichi. :)

They may not have deliberately changed anything, but it's screwed up all the same. Sigh.
Thank you, @Saiichi. :)

They may not have deliberately changed anything, but it's screwed up all the same. Sigh.
b6M3VPH.png
I've definitely noticed that I've been getting fewer chests from digging in the last few days. I was getting 30-40 just using 8 turns for digging last week at lvl 20, but then today I got zero in the same turns. I know the admins have said they didn't change anything, but I'm thinking this is definitely some kind of bug? Additionally, I was talking with my friends over Twitter and they were having the same problem. My partner also told me they got barely any chests from digging yesterday, and they are I believe a level 6. So something is definitely up.
I've definitely noticed that I've been getting fewer chests from digging in the last few days. I was getting 30-40 just using 8 turns for digging last week at lvl 20, but then today I got zero in the same turns. I know the admins have said they didn't change anything, but I'm thinking this is definitely some kind of bug? Additionally, I was talking with my friends over Twitter and they were having the same problem. My partner also told me they got barely any chests from digging yesterday, and they are I believe a level 6. So something is definitely up.
hatchery_banner_fix.png
Got ONE chest yesterday, and TWO today. With the rarity of what they have in them skewed so high, I really hope this is a bug. But I get the feeling it's not, and they're going to just leave it as is.
Got ONE chest yesterday, and TWO today. With the rarity of what they have in them skewed so high, I really hope this is a bug. But I get the feeling it's not, and they're going to just leave it as is.
7HHhXy5.png
It would be nice if they at least acknowledged us.
It would be nice if they at least acknowledged us.
b6M3VPH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9