Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Lost familairs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chiming in to say I did not lose one, with details about what I did (for SCIENCE)

Went to dragon's page.
Clicked "Change" to go to familiar selection.
Clicked "Remove Familiar" to remove old Black Wolf.
Clicked on desired Whitemane Bowman to set it as new familiar.
Navigated back to dragon's page via clicking on its name in the top directory (the "Dragon Lair → dragon'sname → Choose Familiar" bit at the top-left under the header image for the page)

Checked Black Wolf count before and after. Had 3 + one equipped, afterwards had 4 in hoard. Dunno if the bug is fixed, but in case it's not and this is still getting tested to find the bug, that's what I did and I did not lose anything.
Chiming in to say I did not lose one, with details about what I did (for SCIENCE)

Went to dragon's page.
Clicked "Change" to go to familiar selection.
Clicked "Remove Familiar" to remove old Black Wolf.
Clicked on desired Whitemane Bowman to set it as new familiar.
Navigated back to dragon's page via clicking on its name in the top directory (the "Dragon Lair → dragon'sname → Choose Familiar" bit at the top-left under the header image for the page)

Checked Black Wolf count before and after. Had 3 + one equipped, afterwards had 4 in hoard. Dunno if the bug is fixed, but in case it's not and this is still getting tested to find the bug, that's what I did and I did not lose anything.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
I tried this (removing a familiar, checking hoard, then putting it back on) and I did not lose it. So... Just a bit of info from me. Only tried this once with a Basilisk, if that helps.
I tried this (removing a familiar, checking hoard, then putting it back on) and I did not lose it. So... Just a bit of info from me. Only tried this once with a Basilisk, if that helps.
@Aequorin @Undel
I just went to send some dragons off to my sister, removed their familiars, and the familiars disappeared. From BOTH my bestiary, AND FROM MY INVENTORY. They just off and disappeared into the virtual abyss. 3 familiars, gone, including a Maren. I went and bought two of the cheap ones to get them back but...seriously? This is a problem. What if I need to unequip my Hippojay and IT disappears?!?!

For your reference:
I am using IE.
My computer runs WINDOWS 8
I went to remove the familiar, removed it.
Sent a crossroads to my sister, which she accepted.
Finally noticed an hour later my count went down.
Checked my inventory, and my bestiary, they were gone.
Do not show up in my equip a familiar box.

I HAVE cleared my cache, tried other browsers, etc, but they have not reappeared. I have not bought myself replacements to make up for the discrepancy.
@Aequorin @Undel
I just went to send some dragons off to my sister, removed their familiars, and the familiars disappeared. From BOTH my bestiary, AND FROM MY INVENTORY. They just off and disappeared into the virtual abyss. 3 familiars, gone, including a Maren. I went and bought two of the cheap ones to get them back but...seriously? This is a problem. What if I need to unequip my Hippojay and IT disappears?!?!

For your reference:
I am using IE.
My computer runs WINDOWS 8
I went to remove the familiar, removed it.
Sent a crossroads to my sister, which she accepted.
Finally noticed an hour later my count went down.
Checked my inventory, and my bestiary, they were gone.
Do not show up in my equip a familiar box.

I HAVE cleared my cache, tried other browsers, etc, but they have not reappeared. I have not bought myself replacements to make up for the discrepancy.
I think I'm having the same problem but it's slightly different. I have familiars that show up in my hoard but if I try to equip them they aren't there. :/
I think I'm having the same problem but it's slightly different. I have familiars that show up in my hoard but if I try to equip them they aren't there. :/
Take a picture it'll last longer. Keep taking pictures, hoping to stretch time. Take pictures to avoid the harrowing brevity of existence.
I'm having the same problem as MrCuddlyFins. I bought another Graveyard Guardian and can see it in my hoard, I just can't equip it. Happened in June with a Sunbeam Ursa too.
I'm having the same problem as MrCuddlyFins. I bought another Graveyard Guardian and can see it in my hoard, I just can't equip it. Happened in June with a Sunbeam Ursa too.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
Oer5Kbo.png
@MrCuddlyFins @bbelladonna Good morning! I wanted to pop in and let you know what you are experiencing is not a bug. You cannot equip duplicate familiars. If you already have a dragon with that type of familiar, duplicates will not be displayed in the selection screen! :)
@MrCuddlyFins @bbelladonna Good morning! I wanted to pop in and let you know what you are experiencing is not a bug. You cannot equip duplicate familiars. If you already have a dragon with that type of familiar, duplicates will not be displayed in the selection screen! :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
My friend showed me this thread a while ago. didn't think it would happen, but then it did. I do not know how this happened and I did not notice until just now when I was looking through my bestiary and noticed missing logs. I have checked my vault, hoard, and every one of my dragons twice, but these familiars are just gone.

Familiars missing:
Irradiated Astronomer
Marbled Jester
Masked Harpy

Once again I do not know how this happened.
My friend showed me this thread a while ago. didn't think it would happen, but then it did. I do not know how this happened and I did not notice until just now when I was looking through my bestiary and noticed missing logs. I have checked my vault, hoard, and every one of my dragons twice, but these familiars are just gone.

Familiars missing:
Irradiated Astronomer
Marbled Jester
Masked Harpy

Once again I do not know how this happened.
tumblr_inline_nmplalyfet1qfq1fk_500.gif
Is this still an unresolved issue? I thought I had seen someone else post a similar problem some time last week. Since I first heard of this problem I've been too scared to change any of my familiars. But I'd really like to get some new ones bonded with my dragons.
Is this still an unresolved issue? I thought I had seen someone else post a similar problem some time last week. Since I first heard of this problem I've been too scared to change any of my familiars. But I'd really like to get some new ones bonded with my dragons.
I did not know about this bug, and I lost a Skoll today.
I did not know about this bug, and I lost a Skoll today.
@Aequorin, @Mayana, I went through and did all the troubleshooting steps requested--checked it in Explorer, cleared my cache in Firefox and checked again there--and I still don't have my Skoll back. Nor does the Gem Marketplace think that I own one.
@Aequorin, @Mayana, I went through and did all the troubleshooting steps requested--checked it in Explorer, cleared my cache in Firefox and checked again there--and I still don't have my Skoll back. Nor does the Gem Marketplace think that I own one.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7