Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragon length shrinkage?
Last week, I noticed my Imperial, Overlord, was at 23+ meters, but when I checked him now he's at 11+ meters...I haven't noticed this with any other of my dragons yet, but I found it peculiar.
Last week, I noticed my Imperial, Overlord, was at 23+ meters, but when I checked him now he's at 11+ meters...I haven't noticed this with any other of my dragons yet, but I found it peculiar.
3sC1QUx.giftumblr_inline_nnfbypqwbO1qlye38_500.gif3sC1QUx.gif
I'm having a similar problem, but it's mostly been hitting my Skydancers and their sizes. I have a couple of giant skydancers 16/17 feet long, weigh a ton. But I had another pair that it was written up in their bios commenting how tiny they were. Since I convert their measurements from metric to imperial in their bios, I do have a record of what weight they used to be when I did the bio. When i wrote Innusha's bio two weeks ago, I used google's metric converter to find her length and wingspan and weight for the stats in the bio. Imaging my surprise when I was doing my dailies today and noticed just how much she'd grown in two weeks. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=758497] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7585/758497_350.png[/img] [/url]
I'm having a similar problem, but it's mostly been hitting my Skydancers and their sizes.

I have a couple of giant skydancers 16/17 feet long, weigh a ton. But I had another pair that it was written up in their bios commenting how tiny they were.

Since I convert their measurements from metric to imperial in their bios, I do have a record of what weight they used to be when I did the bio. When i wrote Innusha's bio two weeks ago, I used google's metric converter to find her length and wingspan and weight for the stats in the bio. Imaging my surprise when I was doing my dailies today and noticed just how much she'd grown in two weeks.

758497_350.png
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut
Glad I'm not the only one having this problem.
@Amut
Glad I'm not the only one having this problem.
@Megu

Yeah, I had another dragon with an ever more drastic difference, but thanks to the different bug of bios randomly disappearing, his info is gone.

Have you noticed if any of the changes are happening with your older or younger dragons? I vaguely remember it being mentioned that their measurements are supposed to fluctuate for the first month or so.
@Megu

Yeah, I had another dragon with an ever more drastic difference, but thanks to the different bug of bios randomly disappearing, his info is gone.

Have you noticed if any of the changes are happening with your older or younger dragons? I vaguely remember it being mentioned that their measurements are supposed to fluctuate for the first month or so.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut
The only one I've noticed is Overlord, and he's a month old now.
@Amut
The only one I've noticed is Overlord, and he's a month old now.
Still weird then, because he should have only gotten bigger at that point, not shrunk.

Yep, I think it's a legit bug then.
Still weird then, because he should have only gotten bigger at that point, not shrunk.

Yep, I think it's a legit bug then.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
There's a known bug that makes dragons revert back to hatchling size when they are bred.
Happened to at least one of my Imps, and my Skydancer pair twice now.

After breeding they will grow up normally again and reach their full size about the time when they are rtb again.
There's a known bug that makes dragons revert back to hatchling size when they are bred.
Happened to at least one of my Imps, and my Skydancer pair twice now.

After breeding they will grow up normally again and reach their full size about the time when they are rtb again.
@nantalos

Sorry for the bump for this. (I was going to list a different shrinking example from a previously giant skydancer.)

In the Innusha example above, she wasn't bred recently, and her size/weight jumped up suddenly. Is that part of the same bug? I couldn't find the thread where it was mentioned before.
@nantalos

Sorry for the bump for this. (I was going to list a different shrinking example from a previously giant skydancer.)

In the Innusha example above, she wasn't bred recently, and her size/weight jumped up suddenly. Is that part of the same bug? I couldn't find the thread where it was mentioned before.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut No, idea honestly. But my limited knowledge about coding leads me to believe that those are probably two unrelated bugs.

Some actions, like breeding, resets the 3 size/weight values to the way they were when the dragon was born, and then it behaves normally until being reset again.
But suddenly jumping up in size sounds different to me. But we don't really know how much dragons are supposed to grown every day, so maybe that jump you noticed was within the normal limits of growing up. idk
@Amut No, idea honestly. But my limited knowledge about coding leads me to believe that those are probably two unrelated bugs.

Some actions, like breeding, resets the 3 size/weight values to the way they were when the dragon was born, and then it behaves normally until being reset again.
But suddenly jumping up in size sounds different to me. But we don't really know how much dragons are supposed to grown every day, so maybe that jump you noticed was within the normal limits of growing up. idk