Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | ~The Daily Scree: Mirrors and More~
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 82 83
This is such a wonderful hatchery. Such gorgeous rune and poi hatchies and adorable lore! Makes me think I should look into getting a Mirror with some of the genes seen here at some point, heh. Not looking for any right now though. Just sending some love. ^^
This is such a wonderful hatchery. Such gorgeous rune and poi hatchies and adorable lore! Makes me think I should look into getting a Mirror with some of the genes seen here at some point, heh. Not looking for any right now though. Just sending some love. ^^
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stanzascale Awww, love is always accepted. ^w^ This hatchery is as much for appreciation as it is for sales, so thank you for your kind words!
@Stanzascale Awww, love is always accepted. ^w^ This hatchery is as much for appreciation as it is for sales, so thank you for your kind words!
@Leun Please add me to your general pinglist ^^ Gorgeous mirrors!
@Leun Please add me to your general pinglist ^^ Gorgeous mirrors!
@Leun

Hello!
I was wondering if you'd like to be affiliates.
If yes, my code is in my hatchery ( below) on the affiliates page
PS. Just started mine today, any tips?
@Leun

Hello!
I was wondering if you'd like to be affiliates.
If yes, my code is in my hatchery ( below) on the affiliates page
PS. Just started mine today, any tips?
@Veylaron Hee, I'm so glad you think so, thank you! :D I'll add you posthaste~ @Icymelody Sure! I'd love to affiliate. To be honest I'm pretty new to this too, but some things I've found really work for me (and others) are: [LIST] [*]Love what you're selling. Incubation periods wax long and planning for the perfect beeb can be an effort of months, so pick pairs that you can really get stoked about. People will notice your passion and buy into it. [*]If your hatchery doesn't have a theme, goal, or general sense of 'what you can find here', it might be worth thinking about what that is. I know when I click on a hatchery to peruse, I love love love seeing a theme. Is it a lore hatchery? Does the seller specialize in a breed, or color types? Be clear about what you're selling! It'll help you stand out and be memorable. [*]Pick a price and stick to it. Unless you're breeding specifically for fodder (and why would you start a hatchery for that...?) never sell a kiddo for less than what you would get for training and exalting them. For some people that's 10k, others it's 12, I'm 15. Whatever your number, don't dip below it! It will establish your hatchlings as quality, and I find it helps me to feel better if a hatchling doesn't sell, because then, it's never a net loss. [b]Cheap is not always ideal[/b], imo, because that's what AH hunting is for! I'm on the forums for quality babbins, not cheap babbins. (But, that's me...) [*]...And your babies sometimes just won't sell. If that happens, exalting yourself rather than selling to others will at least be sure that you're not losing money, and also helps your own Flight on the Dominance charts rather than someone else's. Or I guess you could list internally. Whatever works for you. [*]Art is cool but not a deal-breaker. I've seen hatcheries work well without it as long as their information is clearly presented, and their mission is good. [*]Beware the Bump parade! Try to limit the bumps you put in your thread. If you've got more than one or two, consider cleaning those up. Generally speaking your thread should be full of customer interactions, not this ...^^^^...^******. [*]Some people are big into cross-platform advertising, like tumblr or facebook, to sell their hatchlings. That's too much work for me, but social media is exactly what you put into it, and it's worked well for others if you've got the hours to devote. [*]Have fun! It's hopefully why you started in the first place. xD [/LIST] I think that's generally about it, for me. You can feel free to take a look at how I (and others) have set up their pages to get a feel for what is effective and what isn't. It differs a little for every person, but as long as you're enjoying it, you're doing something right. Here's my affiliation link :D Good luck, and happy hatching~ [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2170602/1] [img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/1798/f/2017/138/c/c/hatcherybanner_sig_by_leunbrund-db9o1sn.png[/img][/url][/code]
@Veylaron Hee, I'm so glad you think so, thank you! :D I'll add you posthaste~

@Icymelody Sure! I'd love to affiliate. To be honest I'm pretty new to this too, but some things I've found really work for me (and others) are:
  • Love what you're selling. Incubation periods wax long and planning for the perfect beeb can be an effort of months, so pick pairs that you can really get stoked about. People will notice your passion and buy into it.
  • If your hatchery doesn't have a theme, goal, or general sense of 'what you can find here', it might be worth thinking about what that is. I know when I click on a hatchery to peruse, I love love love seeing a theme. Is it a lore hatchery? Does the seller specialize in a breed, or color types? Be clear about what you're selling! It'll help you stand out and be memorable.
  • Pick a price and stick to it. Unless you're breeding specifically for fodder (and why would you start a hatchery for that...?) never sell a kiddo for less than what you would get for training and exalting them. For some people that's 10k, others it's 12, I'm 15. Whatever your number, don't dip below it! It will establish your hatchlings as quality, and I find it helps me to feel better if a hatchling doesn't sell, because then, it's never a net loss. Cheap is not always ideal, imo, because that's what AH hunting is for! I'm on the forums for quality babbins, not cheap babbins. (But, that's me...)
  • ...And your babies sometimes just won't sell. If that happens, exalting yourself rather than selling to others will at least be sure that you're not losing money, and also helps your own Flight on the Dominance charts rather than someone else's. Or I guess you could list internally. Whatever works for you.
  • Art is cool but not a deal-breaker. I've seen hatcheries work well without it as long as their information is clearly presented, and their mission is good.
  • Beware the Bump parade! Try to limit the bumps you put in your thread. If you've got more than one or two, consider cleaning those up. Generally speaking your thread should be full of customer interactions, not this ...^^^^...^******.
  • Some people are big into cross-platform advertising, like tumblr or facebook, to sell their hatchlings. That's too much work for me, but social media is exactly what you put into it, and it's worked well for others if you've got the hours to devote.
  • Have fun! It's hopefully why you started in the first place. xD

I think that's generally about it, for me. You can feel free to take a look at how I (and others) have set up their pages to get a feel for what is effective and what isn't. It differs a little for every person, but as long as you're enjoying it, you're doing something right.

Here's my affiliation link :D Good luck, and happy hatching~
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2170602/1] [img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/1798/f/2017/138/c/c/hatcherybanner_sig_by_leunbrund-db9o1sn.png[/img][/url]
@Leun

Wow. Thanks so much :D
I'll be sure to keep that in mind!
@Leun

Wow. Thanks so much :D
I'll be sure to keep that in mind!
@Leun - General pinglist, please!
@Leun - General pinglist, please!
@ixris adding you! :D Sorry for the storm of pings- is the general custom now to build a google doc instead of putting pings in a list on the hatchery thread page? Do people get annoyed, or is it a matter of personal preference...?
@ixris adding you! :D Sorry for the storm of pings- is the general custom now to build a google doc instead of putting pings in a list on the hatchery thread page? Do people get annoyed, or is it a matter of personal preference...?
@Leun - I don't know about 'customary'. I know for people with HUUUUGE pinglists managing them manually is sometimes a hassle, so they set up self-editing ones (google sheets, probs), but as a buyer I always feel kinda weird about that? I think because I'm like "what if someone deletes the whole list???" What I do is I disable the ping when I add someone to my lists. Compare @ixris v @[b][/b]ixris The second one will not ping. You do this by putting a formatting code between the @ and the username like so: [code] @[b][/b]ixris [/code] My whole list is copy/paste-able from my hatchery main pages, but I'm not going to ping someone unless I want them to see something. Saves me having to take out other symbols ( @/ixris is a hassle to delete 30+ / marks), and makes sure that everyone will be pinged because I didn't forget to take someone out. Because from the outside of the post, it looks right, and it copies like plaintext. So when I copy the list from the thread and paste it into the new post, the new post pings, but the original list doesn't. It has saved my energy for the hatchery enough that I actually want to maintain it, whereas the manual labor of double-checking everyone was pinged correctly was a huge hassle (especially if you're hatching like a nest a day for a week, ouch!).
@Leun - I don't know about 'customary'. I know for people with HUUUUGE pinglists managing them manually is sometimes a hassle, so they set up self-editing ones (google sheets, probs), but as a buyer I always feel kinda weird about that? I think because I'm like "what if someone deletes the whole list???"

What I do is I disable the ping when I add someone to my lists.

Compare @ixris v @ixris

The second one will not ping.

You do this by putting a formatting code between the @ and the username like so:
Code:
@[b][/b]ixris

My whole list is copy/paste-able from my hatchery main pages, but I'm not going to ping someone unless I want them to see something. Saves me having to take out other symbols ( @/ixris is a hassle to delete 30+ / marks), and makes sure that everyone will be pinged because I didn't forget to take someone out. Because from the outside of the post, it looks right, and it copies like plaintext. So when I copy the list from the thread and paste it into the new post, the new post pings, but the original list doesn't.

It has saved my energy for the hatchery enough that I actually want to maintain it, whereas the manual labor of double-checking everyone was pinged correctly was a huge hassle (especially if you're hatching like a nest a day for a week, ouch!).
@Leun could i be added to the general pinglist please? c:
@Leun could i be added to the general pinglist please? c:
lamir_sarri_kayn.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 82 83