Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | ~The Daily Scree: Mirrors and More~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 82 83
@SarafinaVadrel @Krosulhah

Absolutely! :D (And don't worry Krosulhah, peeping cute dergs is actually why we're all here...no one's in it to make money, when you're selling two-gene mirror dragons. xD)
@SarafinaVadrel @Krosulhah

Absolutely! :D (And don't worry Krosulhah, peeping cute dergs is actually why we're all here...no one's in it to make money, when you're selling two-gene mirror dragons. xD)
[quote name="Leun" date=2017-04-26 07:13:16] @Wookiara YASSSS fellow mirror dragon buddy! >:D And another Light Flight member, no less! I would love to affiliate, and I'll nest the Gilded pair just for you! I'm pretty new to hatcheries. Is there anything I should know? Honest to gosh I'm glad you exist, it's so nice to find other people with a passion for the breed. Your pack is impressive. xD Edit: Also, do you think it would be a good idea to change the name of my hatchery to like, Sweet Tea or something? Since the Daily Mirror/Guardian is a phenomenon? I don't want to confuse people.... [/quote] @Leun Huzzah and thanks! I look forward to them! Also, I wouldn't be overly fussed about the name - your whole thread is very clear on who you are and what you offer, so it's not really an issue! As for things to know running a hatchery. . . I'm not really one to comment. There's a lot of careful thinking, market watching, and planning that goes into finding marketable pairs and selling the kids. All of which I have completely ignored over the years in favor of flat, universal rates for all my hatchlings which come from mostly random pairings. My thought process is always much more focused on hatching the nests rather than selling the kids. Honestly, I feel like the only truly applicable advice I have to offer someone with a real hatchery would be "Assume you're going to end up exalting every dragon you hatch, regardless of what pair it came from. That way every sale is a bonus success, rather than than every unsold exalt being a failure." I see a lot of people get attached to the idea of selling every kid - offering massive discounts and such in desperation. The reality, though, is that it's better to exalt the unsold ones and try again in two weeks than it is to set the precedent that you're willing to go half price if people wait! Not that that's likely to be an issue here, seeing as you're offering a fixed rate pricing! Still, it's the only advice I feel qualified to offer, so offer I did XD
Leun wrote on 2017-04-26:
@Wookiara YASSSS fellow mirror dragon buddy! >:D And another Light Flight member, no less! I would love to affiliate, and I'll nest the Gilded pair just for you!

I'm pretty new to hatcheries. Is there anything I should know? Honest to gosh I'm glad you exist, it's so nice to find other people with a passion for the breed. Your pack is impressive. xD

Edit: Also, do you think it would be a good idea to change the name of my hatchery to like, Sweet Tea or something? Since the Daily Mirror/Guardian is a phenomenon? I don't want to confuse people....

@Leun Huzzah and thanks! I look forward to them! Also, I wouldn't be overly fussed about the name - your whole thread is very clear on who you are and what you offer, so it's not really an issue!

As for things to know running a hatchery. . . I'm not really one to comment. There's a lot of careful thinking, market watching, and planning that goes into finding marketable pairs and selling the kids. All of which I have completely ignored over the years in favor of flat, universal rates for all my hatchlings which come from mostly random pairings. My thought process is always much more focused on hatching the nests rather than selling the kids.

Honestly, I feel like the only truly applicable advice I have to offer someone with a real hatchery would be "Assume you're going to end up exalting every dragon you hatch, regardless of what pair it came from. That way every sale is a bonus success, rather than than every unsold exalt being a failure." I see a lot of people get attached to the idea of selling every kid - offering massive discounts and such in desperation. The reality, though, is that it's better to exalt the unsold ones and try again in two weeks than it is to set the precedent that you're willing to go half price if people wait!

Not that that's likely to be an issue here, seeing as you're offering a fixed rate pricing! Still, it's the only advice I feel qualified to offer, so offer I did XD
tumblr_ordbjfTBNv1s5xpeio1_100.png
Head over and show off your pack at the Mirror Lovers Association!

dRWGCfQ.png
@Leun general pinglist please!!
@Leun general pinglist please!!
|| FRT+3 // qYSSJxb.png he-him-his f2oOlJA.png // College Student ||
@Wookiara I appreciate it a bunch. Mostly what I'm in this for is to spread the love of the breed and enjoy the underappreciated 'breeding to get the baby you want' part of the game. There are so many cool color combos out there that are so hard to find.

I gave up making a profit at Flight Rising two years ago when it started to get bonkers. xD
@Wookiara I appreciate it a bunch. Mostly what I'm in this for is to spread the love of the breed and enjoy the underappreciated 'breeding to get the baby you want' part of the game. There are so many cool color combos out there that are so hard to find.

I gave up making a profit at Flight Rising two years ago when it started to get bonkers. xD
[center][size=6]Announcing-- A Bunch of Stuff![/size] Wow! So things have been pretty explosive the past few days. This is good. Thank you so much to all who have shown interest in the hatchery! I've got some exciting things to announce, so without further ado... [size=5]New Pair[/size] [img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/4bc7/f/2017/116/1/d/roserune_by_leunbrund-db76zq4.png[/img] The first in a line of 'runic' mirrors, I've got a nest of these blushing babbins under the heat lamp right now. The idea is to do these in more than just the earth tone colors that I love and am familiar with, so stay tuned for more information on the complete line. [size=5]Nesting Dragons[/size] [b]Gilded Mirrors, Cracked Earth, AND Roserune dragons[/b] are all currently breeding. Swing by my [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=hatchery&id=353]nesting grounds[/url] if you'd like to be reminded which ones those are. [size=5]Breeding Project Panel[/size] Two new entries have been added to the up-and-coming panel. These are projects that will probably take a few weeks to work on. Brightrunes are confirmed, but there are more, varied colors in the works, so don't go far! [size=5]A Final Note on Life[/size] For those of you who have been pinged a bajillion times since Monday, I promise it'll calm down a bit. I'm actually moving house in a couple of days and will be away until we can get internet at the new place. This may mean the new nests hatch later into next week rather than earlier. Rest assured that when there are new babies to ogle, I'll post right here. @SirenMoons @Mopomoko @annathequeen @FictionTrailMix @Meridianskies @Wookiara @SarafinaVadrel @Krosulhah @Jekanth @Darthiel [/center]
Announcing-- A Bunch of Stuff!

Wow! So things have been pretty explosive the past few days. This is good. Thank you so much to all who have shown interest in the hatchery! I've got some exciting things to announce, so without further ado...

New Pair
roserune_by_leunbrund-db76zq4.png

The first in a line of 'runic' mirrors, I've got a nest of these blushing babbins under the heat lamp right now. The idea is to do these in more than just the earth tone colors that I love and am familiar with, so stay tuned for more information on the complete line.

Nesting Dragons
Gilded Mirrors, Cracked Earth, AND Roserune dragons are all currently breeding. Swing by my nesting grounds if you'd like to be reminded which ones those are.

Breeding Project Panel
Two new entries have been added to the up-and-coming panel. These are projects that will probably take a few weeks to work on. Brightrunes are confirmed, but there are more, varied colors in the works, so don't go far!

A Final Note on Life
For those of you who have been pinged a bajillion times since Monday, I promise it'll calm down a bit. I'm actually moving house in a couple of days and will be away until we can get internet at the new place. This may mean the new nests hatch later into next week rather than earlier. Rest assured that when there are new babies to ogle, I'll post right here.

@SirenMoons @Mopomoko @annathequeen @FictionTrailMix @Meridianskies @Wookiara @SarafinaVadrel @Krosulhah @Jekanth @Darthiel
Ohhh, I'm liking those Roserunes, and the goal for the Morning Coffee project too! I already knew this thread was going to do unhealthy things to my lair space, but it just keeps getting more dangerous!

Good luck with the move!
Ohhh, I'm liking those Roserunes, and the goal for the Morning Coffee project too! I already knew this thread was going to do unhealthy things to my lair space, but it just keeps getting more dangerous!

Good luck with the move!
tumblr_ordbjfTBNv1s5xpeio1_100.png
Head over and show off your pack at the Mirror Lovers Association!

dRWGCfQ.png
@Leun I NEED to be on this pinglist I 'd love to see more breeding pairs and maybe in the future I'll get another Gilded Mirror. Still in love with my bby Marici
@Leun I NEED to be on this pinglist I 'd love to see more breeding pairs and maybe in the future I'll get another Gilded Mirror. Still in love with my bby Marici
boxparts.gif
@Leun
Wow the new pairing is adorable! ^^ It reminds me of coffee sweetened with chocolate and topped off with pink sprinkles c:
I have a huge weakness for the color Chocolate ^^;

*glances over at my lair*

... I'm sure I can fit another hatchling in...... Somewhere.
*sweats*
@Leun
Wow the new pairing is adorable! ^^ It reminds me of coffee sweetened with chocolate and topped off with pink sprinkles c:
I have a huge weakness for the color Chocolate ^^;

*glances over at my lair*

... I'm sure I can fit another hatchling in...... Somewhere.
*sweats*
aknPWuE.png
@Leun I'd love to be put on the general pinglist! You have such pretty pairs!
@Leun I'd love to be put on the general pinglist! You have such pretty pairs!
item_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.gif
~FR Time +1~
~Friend Request & RP friendly~
@boxparts and @WardenUnit:
You're all set! Apologies for the double ping-- do folks find that irritating? Or is it chill? Not sure what the etiquette is these days.

ALSO BOX I'M SO EXCITED YOU KEPT MARICI!!! The Gildeds I've got are her folks, whichmaybeyouknow, but if there's interest, I might be convinced to invest in crafting a second pair...?

@SarafinaVadrel There's always room for more lionpaw babbins... >:D
@boxparts and @WardenUnit:
You're all set! Apologies for the double ping-- do folks find that irritating? Or is it chill? Not sure what the etiquette is these days.

ALSO BOX I'M SO EXCITED YOU KEPT MARICI!!! The Gildeds I've got are her folks, whichmaybeyouknow, but if there's interest, I might be convinced to invest in crafting a second pair...?

@SarafinaVadrel There's always room for more lionpaw babbins... >:D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 82 83