Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | [Finished Auction]
1 2 3 4 5
@Niiku: Updated, thanks!

Kind of wondering if I should have made a pinglist...? Haha, I suppose I'll keep that in mind for next time.
@Niiku: Updated, thanks!

Kind of wondering if I should have made a pinglist...? Haha, I suppose I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Upping it to 250kt! :)
Upping it to 250kt! :)
@EmeraldOx

@EmeraldOx

M2Zz7wd.png
M2Zz7wd.png
WELL THEN, that was quite the jump, thanks guys! Updated!
WELL THEN, that was quite the jump, thanks guys! Updated!
Art Shop

tumblr_inline_ojop1siUGJ1tfmvub_100.png
M2Zz7wd.png
Art Shop

tumblr_inline_ojop1siUGJ1tfmvub_100.png
M2Zz7wd.png
@EmeraldOx

Hey, I'm too poor for this auction, lovely as the baby is. Also, I wouldn't have a sufficient mate, anyway.

But! I just wanted to say you might want to implement some sort of snipe-guard? I know I've seen it on auctions on the site before. It's just to make sure nobody comes in at 12:59:59 just before reset with the minimum increment increase to ensure they get the dragon. Often, with some lag, a message will even post after 1 am (theoretically, when people shouldn't have access to logged-in functions of the site, but their page refreshes once the post is submitted, sneaking in past curfew, so to speak.) This means that someone could even get a post in at 1:00:35, or something, though, I don't know if you would count that, as it would technically be after the Friday FR day.

Anyway, what I've seen sometimes is just like a, "If someone snipes the final bid, the auction will extend another half hour, and so on until bids finally resolve without being aided by time limit."

It means that the people involved need to be up and active for it, but, if they're the last bidders, they probably will be anyway. I think post timestamps will allow for you not to necessarily be online for it, but it couldn't hurt to make it sort of a very fun end-of-auction experience. Who knows. Basically, you'd let someone who is willing to outbid that final bid place their bid, paying for the convenience of not needing to wait a month or renew a search for that dragon from another clutch.

OR you could just say to hell with all that business and let the most twitch-fingered poster snag the auction and the heyday.

-GC
@EmeraldOx

Hey, I'm too poor for this auction, lovely as the baby is. Also, I wouldn't have a sufficient mate, anyway.

But! I just wanted to say you might want to implement some sort of snipe-guard? I know I've seen it on auctions on the site before. It's just to make sure nobody comes in at 12:59:59 just before reset with the minimum increment increase to ensure they get the dragon. Often, with some lag, a message will even post after 1 am (theoretically, when people shouldn't have access to logged-in functions of the site, but their page refreshes once the post is submitted, sneaking in past curfew, so to speak.) This means that someone could even get a post in at 1:00:35, or something, though, I don't know if you would count that, as it would technically be after the Friday FR day.

Anyway, what I've seen sometimes is just like a, "If someone snipes the final bid, the auction will extend another half hour, and so on until bids finally resolve without being aided by time limit."

It means that the people involved need to be up and active for it, but, if they're the last bidders, they probably will be anyway. I think post timestamps will allow for you not to necessarily be online for it, but it couldn't hurt to make it sort of a very fun end-of-auction experience. Who knows. Basically, you'd let someone who is willing to outbid that final bid place their bid, paying for the convenience of not needing to wait a month or renew a search for that dragon from another clutch.

OR you could just say to hell with all that business and let the most twitch-fingered poster snag the auction and the heyday.

-GC
I am currently: Online GC's Fresh Blood Hatchery
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gifEuI3lse.png
1 2 3 4 5