Back

Auctions

Create auction-style bid-to-buy sales here.
TOPIC | SarcasticHawke's mass hatch auction
1 2 3 4 5
7k on #63840591 please
@Apothecaria Sorry was in a meeting, think this means it gets pushed out?
7k on #63840591 please
@Apothecaria Sorry was in a meeting, think this means it gets pushed out?
SpiritFeather.gif
@Spiritfeather I believe it's a 2hr snipe guard so I THINK you're alright. I'm not good with timing things out w/game time.

@SilverQuark Can probably confirm better than I can, honestly.
@Spiritfeather I believe it's a 2hr snipe guard so I THINK you're alright. I'm not good with timing things out w/game time.

@SilverQuark Can probably confirm better than I can, honestly.
myJetjB.png RjKznf9.pnglightshade.pngmHtR8zD.png Gz6OPCO.png
@SpiritFeather Correct! Here is how it works: [quote][b]What is a snipe guard?[/b] A snipe guard consists in an extension of the auction beyond the end time. This is for the purpose of safeguarding the dragon(s)/item(s) from last minute bids that leave little to no chance to outbid. With a snipe guard of N hours, the minimum amount of time that needs to have passed before a winner is declared is exactly N hours after the most recent bid. A sample case for better understanding of this concept: [LIST][*] An auction includes two different dragons, Dragon A and Dragon B. The ending is set at 12:00 FR time on a Sunday. There is a 2-hour snipe guard. [*] The latest bid for Dragon A is by User X at 09:00 Sunday. The auction for Dragon A is over at 12:00 and User X wins the dragon. [*] User Y bids on Dragon B at 11:15 server time. The snipe guard now extends the auction of Dragon B to 13:15. [*] User Z bids on Dragon B at 12:50 server time. The snipe guard now extends the auction of Dragon B to 14:50. [*] At 14:50 server time, there are no further bids on Dragon B. User Z wins the dragon.[/LIST][/quote]
@SpiritFeather
Correct! Here is how it works:
Quote:
What is a snipe guard?

A snipe guard consists in an extension of the auction beyond the end time. This is for the purpose of safeguarding the dragon(s)/item(s) from last minute bids that leave little to no chance to outbid.

With a snipe guard of N hours, the minimum amount of time that needs to have passed before a winner is declared is exactly N hours after the most recent bid. A sample case for better understanding of this concept:
  • An auction includes two different dragons, Dragon A and Dragon B. The ending is set at 12:00 FR time on a Sunday. There is a 2-hour snipe guard.
  • The latest bid for Dragon A is by User X at 09:00 Sunday. The auction for Dragon A is over at 12:00 and User X wins the dragon.
  • User Y bids on Dragon B at 11:15 server time. The snipe guard now extends the auction of Dragon B to 13:15.
  • User Z bids on Dragon B at 12:50 server time. The snipe guard now extends the auction of Dragon B to 14:50.
  • At 14:50 server time, there are no further bids on Dragon B. User Z wins the dragon.
@SilverQuark
Appreciated! I assumed that's how it worked but wasn't 100%
@SilverQuark
Appreciated! I assumed that's how it worked but wasn't 100%
SpiritFeather.gif
@spiritfeather grats! :)
@spiritfeather grats! :)
NLdJQtw.png
@Apothecaria Thanks! Thats the first and probably last time I do that <3 [emoji=mirror tongue size=2]
@Apothecaria Thanks! Thats the first and probably last time I do that <3
SpiritFeather.gif
SB on ##63840689 please
SB on ##63840689 please
@SilverQuark please tell me when and how to pay. My absence from FR is going to be longer than planned due to rl struggles and I may not get any internet connection for most of tomorrow.

The 700g are available in pure.
@SilverQuark please tell me when and how to pay. My absence from FR is going to be longer than planned due to rl struggles and I may not get any internet connection for most of tomorrow.

The 700g are available in pure.
If I posted it, I'm subbed!
@WStarwishW
You can pay in whichever currency you want! All gems is perfectly fine. And the CR can be sent anytime, so you can go for it as soon as you see this post. I hope things get better soon for you.

Speaking of, the snipe guard is now over, so it's time to do the recap of the winners!

@SpiritFeather wins the Avocado/Grape/Radioactive for 7,000g
@Borkbean wins the Terracotta/Cinnamon/Indigo for 250g
@WStarwishW wins the Sanguine/Garnet/Beige for 700g
@sickreaps wins the Shale/Heather/Gloom for 100g
@Marabis wins the Cerulean/Mantis/Cyan for 100g

Please send your CRs to @SarcasticHawke, thank you!
@WStarwishW
You can pay in whichever currency you want! All gems is perfectly fine. And the CR can be sent anytime, so you can go for it as soon as you see this post. I hope things get better soon for you.

Speaking of, the snipe guard is now over, so it's time to do the recap of the winners!

@SpiritFeather wins the Avocado/Grape/Radioactive for 7,000g
@Borkbean wins the Terracotta/Cinnamon/Indigo for 250g
@WStarwishW wins the Sanguine/Garnet/Beige for 700g
@sickreaps wins the Shale/Heather/Gloom for 100g
@Marabis wins the Cerulean/Mantis/Cyan for 100g

Please send your CRs to @SarcasticHawke, thank you!
@/Silverquark thank you. The CR is sent.

Not sure if you want to pinged, so...
@/Silverquark thank you. The CR is sent.

Not sure if you want to pinged, so...
If I posted it, I'm subbed!
1 2 3 4 5