Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Woe's Winter Writing (lore) - CLOSED
1 2 3

@SneakyCryptid
Hello! You can totally pay with eggs, and I like that conversion rate. Here's an example of longer (500-word) lore I wrote for Astaraela's dragon Alaunus. TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD, TRAUMA

I’m late. The temple smells like blood, the walls are painted a red that borders on black. So many, and all are hurt. The pain will destroy me.
“Are you ready? I’ll guard you.”Of course I must be thankful. They are willing to put themselves at risk for my sake. But if they are hurt, they know they can rely on me. Alaunus, the paradigm healer. Trust them to save everyone.
The floor is slick marble, and my broken nails clatter against the stone. A fallen dragon- help them. They shudder as I exhale whispered words into their ear. Their tattered wings knit back together; I could swear mine are being torn apart. Soundlessly, I pad to the next victim. A Pearlcatcher. I move to help him, but he bats at my face.
“Please…no. My- my pearl…I can’t…” I turn. His pearl is shattered. He won’t survive, even if he lives. I kiss his brow, do my best to settle him into a more comfortable position. And I turn away, gathering a piece of his pearl and slipping it into my bag. I hate this as much as healing.
The next one is a Skydancer. Her snout is mottled with blood. I bend down to her, and let her pain funnel into my body. I have to turn away to muffle a noise- a gag, a sob, I don’t know. She stands, though, thanks me.
I’m glad she’s happy.

~~

“You can’t keep doing this.” It’s that Obelisk again, all green and gold. “You’re hurting, you know that.”
“It’s me or them. And if it’s them they die.” My hearts begin to pulse and flicker, lighting the cavern brighter. “I don’t have to.”
“But at what cost? You’re destroying yourself. You don’t have to do this.” His voice settles into a growl.
“If I didn’t you’d be gone a million times over. This is what I’m good for. It’s what I do.”
“People die, okay?” My vision swerves.
“Not if I can help them,” I mutter. My hearts are flashing, and wild lights glint off his armor.
“It’s life! You don’t need to stop what will happen anyway!” His words are angry, loud.
“But if I can I will-”
“She’s dead, Alaunus!” The room goes pitch-dark.
I can’t breathe. I can’t see. There’s roaring in my ears, the sound of crashing waves. The sound of chittering hatchlings. The sound of screaming. Then it all goes quiet.
Nothing hurts. It’s beautiful. I can feel my heart beat. One heart, in my chest where it should be. Everything is so soft. Am I floating?
Am I sinking?
“....launus? Alaunus, please speak to me. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, please look at me. Can you hear me? Please talk to me. Alaunus, Alaunus.”
“Mom…”
“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Everything hits again. I can’t feel my hearts- they’re hovering nearby. My body aches- I don’t remember these injuries.
“It hurts….”

@SneakyCryptid
Hello! You can totally pay with eggs, and I like that conversion rate. Here's an example of longer (500-word) lore I wrote for Astaraela's dragon Alaunus. TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD, TRAUMA

I’m late. The temple smells like blood, the walls are painted a red that borders on black. So many, and all are hurt. The pain will destroy me.
“Are you ready? I’ll guard you.”Of course I must be thankful. They are willing to put themselves at risk for my sake. But if they are hurt, they know they can rely on me. Alaunus, the paradigm healer. Trust them to save everyone.
The floor is slick marble, and my broken nails clatter against the stone. A fallen dragon- help them. They shudder as I exhale whispered words into their ear. Their tattered wings knit back together; I could swear mine are being torn apart. Soundlessly, I pad to the next victim. A Pearlcatcher. I move to help him, but he bats at my face.
“Please…no. My- my pearl…I can’t…” I turn. His pearl is shattered. He won’t survive, even if he lives. I kiss his brow, do my best to settle him into a more comfortable position. And I turn away, gathering a piece of his pearl and slipping it into my bag. I hate this as much as healing.
The next one is a Skydancer. Her snout is mottled with blood. I bend down to her, and let her pain funnel into my body. I have to turn away to muffle a noise- a gag, a sob, I don’t know. She stands, though, thanks me.
I’m glad she’s happy.

~~

“You can’t keep doing this.” It’s that Obelisk again, all green and gold. “You’re hurting, you know that.”
“It’s me or them. And if it’s them they die.” My hearts begin to pulse and flicker, lighting the cavern brighter. “I don’t have to.”
“But at what cost? You’re destroying yourself. You don’t have to do this.” His voice settles into a growl.
“If I didn’t you’d be gone a million times over. This is what I’m good for. It’s what I do.”
“People die, okay?” My vision swerves.
“Not if I can help them,” I mutter. My hearts are flashing, and wild lights glint off his armor.
“It’s life! You don’t need to stop what will happen anyway!” His words are angry, loud.
“But if I can I will-”
“She’s dead, Alaunus!” The room goes pitch-dark.
I can’t breathe. I can’t see. There’s roaring in my ears, the sound of crashing waves. The sound of chittering hatchlings. The sound of screaming. Then it all goes quiet.
Nothing hurts. It’s beautiful. I can feel my heart beat. One heart, in my chest where it should be. Everything is so soft. Am I floating?
Am I sinking?
“....launus? Alaunus, please speak to me. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, please look at me. Can you hear me? Please talk to me. Alaunus, Alaunus.”
“Mom…”
“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Everything hits again. I can’t feel my hearts- they’re hovering nearby. My body aches- I don’t remember these injuries.
“It hurts….”
Feel free to reach out if you ever want to talk about anything! I'm always happy to listen
@Kiralia Marking you down for a slot! I'm like that too, I can't write any of my own dragons' lore, even though I have all the concepts in my head lol. Those are some beautiful dragons, by the way! Feel free to send over payment whenever you're ready :)
@Kiralia Marking you down for a slot! I'm like that too, I can't write any of my own dragons' lore, even though I have all the concepts in my head lol. Those are some beautiful dragons, by the way! Feel free to send over payment whenever you're ready :)
Feel free to reach out if you ever want to talk about anything! I'm always happy to listen
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73325653][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/733257/73325653_350.png[/img][/url] Sylvan is the leader of a dragon clan of his own, and he tries his best to lead it fairly. He doesn't believe in might makes right like other Wildclaws, instead he prefers to negotiate and talk things out, though he would accept a challenge if another wildclaw challenged him. He's not that good at fighting so he made sure he ended up being the only wildclaw in his group by politely refusing other wildclaws from joining. He instead loves storytelling and artsy things, along with long nature walks. He's always thirsty so he keeps a goblet around to scoop up water with any time. He's best friends with the dryad familiar, Hemlock. Hemlock is also his ambassador to the beastclans, with whom he tries to live in peace with. Sylvan is often pretty lazy when it starts getting late afternoon and would prefer to spend time with clan hatchlings. His wife is Abelia and he's deeply in love with her, often a little jealous. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85652999][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/856530/85652999_350.png[/img][/url] Abelia is Sylvan's wife and for the most part the true leader. She actually handles clan leading and responsibilities. She's also everyone's unofficial mom, hatchlings and adults alike, even those older than her. She's taken a liking to hunting, as well as almost every other hobby she has time for. Her companion is the dryad, Willow and Willow acts as a handmaiden of sorts, helping Abelia with her duties and comforts. They're also pretty good friends, each wishing the other was actually of their species. Abelia loves Sylvan a lot, though sometimes she can't help but get a little jealous, even if she knew Sylvan would never choose anyone else. Wrote down the basic ideas I had, feel free to go wild with adding anything and lengths. Not added in the ideas, but if you want/can, could you add something sad to their lore? Anything is good. I'll send the egg
73325653_350.png

Sylvan is the leader of a dragon clan of his own, and he tries his best to lead it fairly. He doesn't believe in might makes right like other Wildclaws, instead he prefers to negotiate and talk things out, though he would accept a challenge if another wildclaw challenged him. He's not that good at fighting so he made sure he ended up being the only wildclaw in his group by politely refusing other wildclaws from joining. He instead loves storytelling and artsy things, along with long nature walks. He's always thirsty so he keeps a goblet around to scoop up water with any time. He's best friends with the dryad familiar, Hemlock. Hemlock is also his ambassador to the beastclans, with whom he tries to live in peace with. Sylvan is often pretty lazy when it starts getting late afternoon and would prefer to spend time with clan hatchlings. His wife is Abelia and he's deeply in love with her, often a little jealous.

85652999_350.png

Abelia is Sylvan's wife and for the most part the true leader. She actually handles clan leading and responsibilities. She's also everyone's unofficial mom, hatchlings and adults alike, even those older than her. She's taken a liking to hunting, as well as almost every other hobby she has time for. Her companion is the dryad, Willow and Willow acts as a handmaiden of sorts, helping Abelia with her duties and comforts. They're also pretty good friends, each wishing the other was actually of their species. Abelia loves Sylvan a lot, though sometimes she can't help but get a little jealous, even if she knew Sylvan would never choose anyone else.

Wrote down the basic ideas I had, feel free to go wild with adding anything and lengths. Not added in the ideas, but if you want/can, could you add something sad to their lore? Anything is good. I'll send the egg
ef9b48910db725fb5777b50f7b46eb54da62cbec.png ee5bf971903bf253550413d5a4abbc2438bcaebf.png
@SneakyCryptid I completely missed this, so sorry! Marking you down now :)
@SneakyCryptid I completely missed this, so sorry! Marking you down now :)
@raiGN Backstory Writing done for TamamonoMae: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91040382][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/910404/91040382_350.png[/img][/url] He already has a bit in his bio but I'm not the best writer, so I'd love for it to just be more expanded up on and refined! If you could include as well at the end of his bio that TamamonoMae encountered this dragon of mine, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/20597376]Cole[/url], who sensed his pain and brought TamamonoMae to the clan where he found a sense of peace in the clan, which is why he stays, that would be wonderful as well! If the additional dragon costs extra, I'll be happy to pay the extra cost!
@raiGN

Backstory Writing done for TamamonoMae:
91040382_350.png

He already has a bit in his bio but I'm not the best writer, so I'd love for it to just be more expanded up on and refined! If you could include as well at the end of his bio that TamamonoMae encountered this dragon of mine, Cole, who sensed his pain and brought TamamonoMae to the clan where he found a sense of peace in the clan, which is why he stays, that would be wonderful as well! If the additional dragon costs extra, I'll be happy to pay the extra cost!
@Chaosdragoness Course! I'd estimate that at about 75kt/g or equivalent? Feel free to send payment whenever you're ready :)

edit: oh, and merry christmas if you celebrate!
@Chaosdragoness Course! I'd estimate that at about 75kt/g or equivalent? Feel free to send payment whenever you're ready :)

edit: oh, and merry christmas if you celebrate!
@ReptilianGold yay! First order complete. Sorry about the small delay, I got my COVID booster and flu shot two days ago and was basically a vegetable for all of yesterday. Is it okay with you if I link Cinnabar as a completed work and/or use this poem as an example at some point? [font=EB Garamond][size=6]By Flamecaller, I fly[/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]I am the moth that shudders ash from scaly wings I am the ember that lives beyond the age of smothering The light in my eyes is the unbroken blaze From my heart spews magma Gaze upon this domain lava and coal fire and brimstone Here we break (we break) and are forged anew Here we are lost to fire And we are found in it I am herald to flame Ambassador to combustion Witness to the scorch of those too broken to survive of those too weak to endure I quarrel with what Foe I am fire unto fire flesh unto ore I roost upon embers and ancestral bones Forged in coal and Funeral pyres [center][font=EB Garamond][size=4]The heat soaks my bones like oil and cinders gather in my core Lights tear at my unburdened scales I lunge with wings of cinder and smoke[/center] [right][font=EB Garamond][size=4]By Flamecaller, I fly.[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/right] [center][b][size=5]Code:[/b][/size][/center] [code][font=EB Garamond][size=6]By Flamecaller, I fly[/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]I am the moth that shudders ash from scaly wings I am the ember that lives beyond the age of smothering The light in my eyes is the unbroken blaze From my heart spews magma Gaze upon this domain lava and coal fire and brimstone Here we break (we break) and are forged anew Here we are lost to fire And we are found in it I am herald to flame Ambassador to combustion Witness to the scorch of those too broken to survive of those too weak to endure I quarrel with what Foe I am fire unto fire flesh unto ore I roost upon embers and ancestral bones Forged in coal and Funeral pyres [center][font=EB Garamond][size=4]The heat soaks my bones like oil and cinders gather in my core Lights tear at my unburdened scales I lunge with wings of cinder and smoke[/center] [right][font=EB Garamond][size=4]By Flamecaller, I fly.[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/code]
@ReptilianGold yay! First order complete. Sorry about the small delay, I got my COVID booster and flu shot two days ago and was basically a vegetable for all of yesterday. Is it okay with you if I link Cinnabar as a completed work and/or use this poem as an example at some point?

By Flamecaller, I fly

I am the moth that shudders ash
from scaly wings
I am the ember that lives
beyond the age of smothering
The light in my eyes is the unbroken blaze
From my heart spews magma

Gaze upon this domain
lava and coal
fire and brimstone
Here we break (we break)
and are forged anew
Here we are lost to fire
And we are found in it

I am herald to flame
Ambassador to combustion
Witness to the scorch
of those too broken to survive
of those too weak to endure

I quarrel with what Foe I am
fire unto fire
flesh unto ore
I roost upon embers and ancestral
bones
Forged in coal and
Funeral pyres

The heat soaks my bones like oil
and cinders gather in my core
Lights tear at my unburdened scales
I lunge with wings of
cinder and smoke
By Flamecaller, I fly.

written by raiGN

Code:
Code:
[font=EB Garamond][size=6]By Flamecaller, I fly[/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]I am the moth that shudders ash from scaly wings I am the ember that lives beyond the age of smothering The light in my eyes is the unbroken blaze From my heart spews magma Gaze upon this domain lava and coal fire and brimstone Here we break (we break) and are forged anew Here we are lost to fire And we are found in it I am herald to flame Ambassador to combustion Witness to the scorch of those too broken to survive of those too weak to endure I quarrel with what Foe I am fire unto fire flesh unto ore I roost upon embers and ancestral bones Forged in coal and Funeral pyres [center][font=EB Garamond][size=4]The heat soaks my bones like oil and cinders gather in my core Lights tear at my unburdened scales I lunge with wings of cinder and smoke[/center] [right][font=EB Garamond][size=4]By Flamecaller, I fly.[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url]
[color=steelblue][b]@raiGN I'd love to get backstory for him! He already have a lot of informations in his bio note: he's not a ridgeback. He's not even from FR world but everything needed should be in his bio <3 I just wanted to do fandragon of my OC in FR [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91199852][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/911999/91199852_350.png[/img][/url]
@raiGN I'd love to get backstory for him! He already have a lot of informations in his bio

note: he's not a ridgeback. He's not even from FR world but everything needed should be in his bio <3
I just wanted to do fandragon of my OC in FR

91199852_350.png
NB43KMu.png
@Kiralia Here we go! They were both so much fun to write about. [font=EB Garamond][size=6][I]Yoru no Kitsune[/I][/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]I am the spirit Who walks beneath the pale moon And whispers to fate[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/size][/I] [size=5][b]Code[/b][/size] [code][font=EB Garamond][size=6][I]Yoru no Kitsune[/I][/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]I am the spirit Who walks beneath the pale moon And whispers to fate[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/size][/I][/code] [font=EB Garamond][size=6][I]Undertaker[/I][/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]They breathe in, breathe out Broken words flow through the page One more, remembered[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/size][/I] [size=5][b]Code:[/b][/size] [code][font=EB Garamond][size=6][I]Undertaker[/I][/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]They breathe in, breathe out Broken words flow through the page One more, remembered[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/size][/I][/code]
@Kiralia Here we go! They were both so much fun to write about.

Yoru no Kitsune

I am the spirit
Who walks beneath the pale moon
And whispers to fate

written by raiGN

Code

Code:
[font=EB Garamond][size=6][I]Yoru no Kitsune[/I][/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]I am the spirit Who walks beneath the pale moon And whispers to fate[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/size][/I]

Undertaker

They breathe in, breathe out
Broken words flow through the page
One more, remembered

written by raiGN

Code:

Code:
[font=EB Garamond][size=6][I]Undertaker[/I][/size] [font=EB Garamond][size=4]They breathe in, breathe out Broken words flow through the page One more, remembered[/size] [I][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3298871/1#post_3298871]written by raiGN[/url][/size][/I]
@Techmox wow, you've got a ton of cool lore stuff going on in his bio! I'd love to add some to that! Does 65kt/g sound good?
@Techmox wow, you've got a ton of cool lore stuff going on in his bio! I'd love to add some to that! Does 65kt/g sound good?
1 2 3