Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | CHEAP stylized Busts!
1 2 3
Hello![indent][/indent] I'm looking to make some treasure/gems! [left][/left]I'll be drawing headshots Sketches are [b]50KT[/b] and come colored! Lineart only will be [b]150kt[/b] Color will be [b]350kt[/b] And shading+highlights will be [b]500kt[/b]! [u][b] [/b][/u] And the background is 100kt more on any of the listed commissions! Here are a couple of examples of my art! [img]https://i.imgur.com/rfFNHyq.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/lrfhKUt.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/96bm0nm.png[/img] Information : - I'm willing to draw everything but humanoids - I have every right to refuse a commission if I choose to do so. - If commissioning, I need the payment before I start working on the sketch. - Mixed payment accepted! 1:1000 (Gem to treasure ratio) - If you want a specific canvas size, or have any particular notes. Make sure to tell me in your post. - I'm open for art trades with people of any skill level!
Hello!
I'm looking to make some treasure/gems!
I'll be drawing headshots

Sketches are 50KT and come colored!

Lineart only will be 150kt

Color will be 350kt

And shading+highlights will be 500kt!

And the background is 100kt more on any of the listed commissions!

Here are a couple of examples of my art!

rfFNHyq.jpg
lrfhKUt.jpg
96bm0nm.png

Information :
- I'm willing to draw everything but humanoids
- I have every right to refuse a commission if I choose to do so.
- If commissioning, I need the payment before I start working on the sketch.
- Mixed payment accepted! 1:1000 (Gem to treasure ratio)
- If you want a specific canvas size, or have any particular notes. Make sure to tell me in your post.
- I'm open for art trades with people of any skill level!
jIRALXN.png
@SpaghettiHands
I love your style!! Could I please have a colored bust of Cardinal :}?
@SpaghettiHands
I love your style!! Could I please have a colored bust of Cardinal :}?
rsz_160086438_bwad0dzbqh0lqkq.png
@SpaghettiHands could I get a shaded bust of Marchawn? also, do I need to send payment ahead of time or do you prefer I send it once you're finished? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43715047][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/437151/43715047_350.png[/img][/url]
@SpaghettiHands

could I get a shaded bust of Marchawn? also, do I need to send payment ahead of time or do you prefer I send it once you're finished?

43715047_350.png
AaspQAD.png A
R
T
Aaron | potatho not potato! | social anxiety/nd pls be patient

12Why don’t pirates take a bath before they walk the plank?12
They just wash up on shore.

wishlist
0DsqgCu.png
@Deercryptid
Sure! That'll be 350kt!

@Potatho
Marchawn has such a cool design, I'd love to! I always prefer to take the payment first, and then I get started on the sketch. It'll also be 500kt!

Send in the payments, and I'll get started!
@Deercryptid
Sure! That'll be 350kt!

@Potatho
Marchawn has such a cool design, I'd love to! I always prefer to take the payment first, and then I get started on the sketch. It'll also be 500kt!

Send in the payments, and I'll get started!
jIRALXN.png
Colour I get a coloured piece of this fella? :)
Colour I get a coloured piece of this fella? :)
@TuxTheStrayCat

Sure! I love their design so much, it'll come out to 350kt.
Once you send the payment, I'll get started right away
@TuxTheStrayCat

Sure! I love their design so much, it'll come out to 350kt.
Once you send the payment, I'll get started right away
jIRALXN.png
@SpaghettiHands

Hello! I'd love to get a commission of this guy https://toyhou.se/11204925.watermelon-15

A sketch with a background please!
@SpaghettiHands

Hello! I'd love to get a commission of this guy https://toyhou.se/11204925.watermelon-15

A sketch with a background please!
MALICE.png heart.png MENACE_ALL_CAPS.png test
- Art Shop -
- Skins & Accents -
- Hatchery(WIP) -
test
Hey, I just wanted to let you know, as an artist who's shot themselves in the foot before.. you're massively underselling yourself. Maybe you're aware of this, in which case my advice will still be the same: please raise your prices!

You're very talented! Your expressions are fantastic and your crosshatch style shading adds a ton of depth. You're doing yourself a huge disservice by selling such detailed, high-quality work for, at best, the equivalent of $5 USD, and for free at worst.

I understand the desire to be able to sell art for cheap, whether it's because you want lots of orders or because you just want to make people happy by offering cheap art. I've 100% been there. But I promise you it'll catch up to you quickly and it's a recipe for major burnout. If you'd like to continue offering your work for free/cheap, I certainly can't stop you, but there's a lot of talent here and you deserve to charge accordingly for it.
Hey, I just wanted to let you know, as an artist who's shot themselves in the foot before.. you're massively underselling yourself. Maybe you're aware of this, in which case my advice will still be the same: please raise your prices!

You're very talented! Your expressions are fantastic and your crosshatch style shading adds a ton of depth. You're doing yourself a huge disservice by selling such detailed, high-quality work for, at best, the equivalent of $5 USD, and for free at worst.

I understand the desire to be able to sell art for cheap, whether it's because you want lots of orders or because you just want to make people happy by offering cheap art. I've 100% been there. But I promise you it'll catch up to you quickly and it's a recipe for major burnout. If you'd like to continue offering your work for free/cheap, I certainly can't stop you, but there's a lot of talent here and you deserve to charge accordingly for it.
RGfeibN.png
@Kioshi
Sure! That'll be 100kt!

@Kudu
Thank you so much it really means a lot;;
I have a style that's pretty niche, especially in the furry community.
My art airs on the grosser/edgier side, while most looking for comms want the opposite? Cute cuddly, or edgy yet cool.
I also have a lot of trouble advertising myself on any social media platform, I know my art would have a bit of an audience, but I just have no idea where I'd find them.

When I've bumped my art up to 15 USD, or even 10 USD, I just never get anyone who's interested. Selling it for as low as 5 USD would maybe get me two comms in a month compared to none at all?
I like doing commissions, and I'd like to be compensated more fairly, but with the whole lack of advertisement, I'm stuck with only oneFLKSJFLASKFJ
What would you recommend I raise it to?
@Kioshi
Sure! That'll be 100kt!

@Kudu
Thank you so much it really means a lot;;
I have a style that's pretty niche, especially in the furry community.
My art airs on the grosser/edgier side, while most looking for comms want the opposite? Cute cuddly, or edgy yet cool.
I also have a lot of trouble advertising myself on any social media platform, I know my art would have a bit of an audience, but I just have no idea where I'd find them.

When I've bumped my art up to 15 USD, or even 10 USD, I just never get anyone who's interested. Selling it for as low as 5 USD would maybe get me two comms in a month compared to none at all?
I like doing commissions, and I'd like to be compensated more fairly, but with the whole lack of advertisement, I'm stuck with only oneFLKSJFLASKFJ
What would you recommend I raise it to?
jIRALXN.png
@SpaghettiHands A good baseline to start at for pricing is to find the minimum wage (hourly pay) in your region. The most common conversion for gems to RLC is 100g per $1 USD, so if you need to, convert your minimum wage into USD and then to gems.

Assess how long it takes you to do certain kinds of pieces. For me, a bust sketch might take around 30 minutes. If I use $10/hour as a baseline, a half an hour's work would be $5 or 500g. If those rendered pieces take you hardly any time and the price you have them at now falls at or above your local minimum wage, then it would be fairly safe to continue offering them at that price! But also keep in mind that minimum wage really is a minimum and most artistic work is worth more than that.

As for advertising, it can really be a struggle. I've heard tumblr can be good for that (I'm just now starting to break into that scene), same with twitter. Also keep in mind that the FR userbase is notoriously difficult to sell appropriately-priced art to bc people here are so used to extremely cheap art, so it can be difficult to prove that your prices are fair. Keep at it though! Once you have your foot in the door and people see the quality of your work, there will be many willing to pay appropriate prices.
@SpaghettiHands A good baseline to start at for pricing is to find the minimum wage (hourly pay) in your region. The most common conversion for gems to RLC is 100g per $1 USD, so if you need to, convert your minimum wage into USD and then to gems.

Assess how long it takes you to do certain kinds of pieces. For me, a bust sketch might take around 30 minutes. If I use $10/hour as a baseline, a half an hour's work would be $5 or 500g. If those rendered pieces take you hardly any time and the price you have them at now falls at or above your local minimum wage, then it would be fairly safe to continue offering them at that price! But also keep in mind that minimum wage really is a minimum and most artistic work is worth more than that.

As for advertising, it can really be a struggle. I've heard tumblr can be good for that (I'm just now starting to break into that scene), same with twitter. Also keep in mind that the FR userbase is notoriously difficult to sell appropriately-priced art to bc people here are so used to extremely cheap art, so it can be difficult to prove that your prices are fair. Keep at it though! Once you have your foot in the door and people see the quality of your work, there will be many willing to pay appropriate prices.
RGfeibN.png
1 2 3