Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Sornieth's Biggest Lore Shop [T/G/USD]
@Aikka:

Here are your three dragon reviews!

Amethyst: Amethyst is a dragon of many contrasting personalities in comparison to the pigeonhole that other flights put their dragons into. Your standard clan has a hunter, a loving parent/caretaker, a socialite, but they don’t tend to all be the same dragon. Stoic, mushy, vain - those are the stereotypes associated with those roles, often watering down dragons into a one-trick pony. The hunter is serious because of his dark past. The parent fears losing their children to war. The socialite never feels good enough. There are elements of these in Amethyst’s story, but because of the diversity of her character in general, it does not make me want to roll my eyes. Instead, it creates a more complete, dimensional being.

I’ve also never seen such an assortment of apparel on a dragon - it perfectly encapsulates her spread of clan roles.

FEMM: Right off of the bat, I am drawn to FEMM’s gembond. Gembond as a tert is severely underutilized in making floral/nature-based dragons. It makes wonderful seeds, rocks, and dirt clumps. FEMM’s gembond makes her look like she’s relaxing in a flowerfield, and the gaps of grass are giving way to white flowers. I love the wing loop; it sort of makes it looks like she’s trellised herself.

The use of a Pearlcatcher’s pearl as a component to dysphoria is fascinating, and a concept that I do not believe I’ve encountered elsewhere on the site. Pearls have stood for many things in many different clan lores, but seeing it as a direct link to a pearlcatcher’s sense of being under a trans lens feels so natural that I’m surprised nobody has done it before.

Her name also gave me a laugh. I like it when “silly” (no offense, FEMM!) names get a lore justification, and the circumstances that she got hers are memorable.

Dust: Dust’s internal dialogue interests me. He’s described as being almost too even-tempered, boring even, but the way that he interacts with other dragons and himself reads as very energetic. I’d think that you would have to have that kind of energy if you were going to make a habit of jumping from job to job in your youth. His entire character is helping others, after all. Or at the very least, helping others to not be harassed by rowdy drunks. Maybe there’s a lot more to him than others give him credit for. And maybe that was the entire reason why you wrote him that way to begin with.

His accent is gorgeous. There can never be enough stained glass motif dragons on the site. I like how it tapers just underneath his tail, giving him a faux glowtail.
@Aikka:

Here are your three dragon reviews!

Amethyst: Amethyst is a dragon of many contrasting personalities in comparison to the pigeonhole that other flights put their dragons into. Your standard clan has a hunter, a loving parent/caretaker, a socialite, but they don’t tend to all be the same dragon. Stoic, mushy, vain - those are the stereotypes associated with those roles, often watering down dragons into a one-trick pony. The hunter is serious because of his dark past. The parent fears losing their children to war. The socialite never feels good enough. There are elements of these in Amethyst’s story, but because of the diversity of her character in general, it does not make me want to roll my eyes. Instead, it creates a more complete, dimensional being.

I’ve also never seen such an assortment of apparel on a dragon - it perfectly encapsulates her spread of clan roles.

FEMM: Right off of the bat, I am drawn to FEMM’s gembond. Gembond as a tert is severely underutilized in making floral/nature-based dragons. It makes wonderful seeds, rocks, and dirt clumps. FEMM’s gembond makes her look like she’s relaxing in a flowerfield, and the gaps of grass are giving way to white flowers. I love the wing loop; it sort of makes it looks like she’s trellised herself.

The use of a Pearlcatcher’s pearl as a component to dysphoria is fascinating, and a concept that I do not believe I’ve encountered elsewhere on the site. Pearls have stood for many things in many different clan lores, but seeing it as a direct link to a pearlcatcher’s sense of being under a trans lens feels so natural that I’m surprised nobody has done it before.

Her name also gave me a laugh. I like it when “silly” (no offense, FEMM!) names get a lore justification, and the circumstances that she got hers are memorable.

Dust: Dust’s internal dialogue interests me. He’s described as being almost too even-tempered, boring even, but the way that he interacts with other dragons and himself reads as very energetic. I’d think that you would have to have that kind of energy if you were going to make a habit of jumping from job to job in your youth. His entire character is helping others, after all. Or at the very least, helping others to not be harassed by rowdy drunks. Maybe there’s a lot more to him than others give him credit for. And maybe that was the entire reason why you wrote him that way to begin with.

His accent is gorgeous. There can never be enough stained glass motif dragons on the site. I like how it tapers just underneath his tail, giving him a faux glowtail.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Hyzenthlaay I actually somehow forgot about the thread myself xD I only just now remembered this order back from January that I don't think you ended up doing if I remember correctly [quote name="SakraKaine" date="2021-01-15 12:18:01" ] Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Knox [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66045846][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/660459/66045846_350.png[/img][/url] Service Requested: Lore Snippet Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Knox is basically the polar opposite of Wrathful. He isn't royalty, he is just a citizen of the forest, but he is extremely gentle and kind, and completely willing to help anyone, even someone from the Forgotten Kingdom. Most Veils don't really like him, since he is so gentle and uninterested in fighting anyone. His parents hadn't decided to start training him at as young as other hatchlings usually are, and many say that's the reason he is so soft. Although, no one seems to want to hurt him, since he is a Multi-gaze, which are usually thought by the Veilspuns to be able to see the future. If you feel like something else should be added, feel free to do so! [/quote] There were originally two veils there, but I wrote a bio for the other one, so Knox here is the only one who needs some lore. Althougb if you did do this order (and I somehow missed it), here is another dragon who needs lore! You don't have to do it if you don't have the time though! Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Duskgrief [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66910210][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/669103/66910210_350.png[/img][/url] Service Requested: Biography Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Duskgrief has a violent personality, and is typically very cold towards others. He is also the King of the Veiled Forest, and you can also look at Wrathful's lore for ideas (she is to his left in my Veiled Forest tab)! Anything else you want to add, feel free to do so! I would like the bio to be 400 words, as well!
@Hyzenthlaay
I actually somehow forgot about the thread myself xD I only just now remembered this order back from January that I don't think you ended up doing if I remember correctly
SakraKaine wrote on 2021-01-15 12:18:01:
Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Knox
66045846_350.png
Service Requested: Lore Snippet
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Knox is basically the polar opposite of Wrathful. He isn't royalty, he is just a citizen of the forest, but he is extremely gentle and kind, and completely willing to help anyone, even someone from the Forgotten Kingdom. Most Veils don't really like him, since he is so gentle and uninterested in fighting anyone. His parents hadn't decided to start training him at as young as other hatchlings usually are, and many say that's the reason he is so soft. Although, no one seems to want to hurt him, since he is a Multi-gaze, which are usually thought by the Veilspuns to be able to see the future. If you feel like something else should be added, feel free to do so!
There were originally two veils there, but I wrote a bio for the other one, so Knox here is the only one who needs some lore. Althougb if you did do this order (and I somehow missed it), here is another dragon who needs lore! You don't have to do it if you don't have the time though!

Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Duskgrief
66910210_350.png
Service Requested: Biography
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Duskgrief has a violent personality, and is typically very cold towards others. He is also the King of the Veiled Forest, and you can also look at Wrathful's lore for ideas (she is to his left in my Veiled Forest tab)! Anything else you want to add, feel free to do so! I would like the bio to be 400 words, as well!
ldIARQG.gif oRkijoy.png
8M6oN2E.png
bybFVO1.png
qhK4FYS.png
mlHpBMC.png
kHBaXec.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
KNxJX97.png
41HYCJP.png
tCsqc24.png
SYiQlxK.png
FObX7rS.png
6BP8M8y.png
73vKFNE.png
gWg1WHB.png
oEGalah.png
lAvpyOQ.png
KYDGNsD.png
m7xse7B.png
3I473vH.png
8GgdVkW.png
Ut9RRot.png
SiglZNi.png
L73CX1d.gif
@Goblincat: Long time no see! I adore the character concept you have for Pentamerone, and was more than happy to assign some music to the guy! I chose a few soulful, stirring songs to highlight the writing in his bio. Thematically, "Lemon Boy" seemed appropriate, though it definitely sticks out around the other songs - tried to help that by having the songs pick up more at the end. I hope you enjoy it!
@Goblincat: Long time no see! I adore the character concept you have for Pentamerone, and was more than happy to assign some music to the guy! I chose a few soulful, stirring songs to highlight the writing in his bio. Thematically, "Lemon Boy" seemed appropriate, though it definitely sticks out around the other songs - tried to help that by having the songs pick up more at the end. I hope you enjoy it!
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Hyzenthlaay

Sounds like you've had a lot going on! Please don't feel bad about taking time for yourself. And yes, totally still interested.
@Hyzenthlaay

Sounds like you've had a lot going on! Please don't feel bad about taking time for yourself. And yes, totally still interested.
Watercolor Commissions!
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
7b6489c2d3258498730fa4bcacfe6b51b29044f7.png
@SakraKaine: Here's the lore snipper for Knox. Gonna work on the bio ASAP.
Quote:
If you were to ask the veils around him, Knox enjoys a life built on the basis of “ignorance is bliss”. He trains little and fights less. That’s probably what’s left his brain so empty, now free to rattle around the forest in search of others to bother. Or “help”. Whatever he’s taken to calling it.

Knox, on the other hand, thinks that this kindness is what puts him a touch above the rest of his clan - though, he is far too gentle to ever verbalize this. Helping freely feels like a much better destiny to pursue than contributing to war. And wouldn’t he of all dragons know? As a multi-gaze, he’s capable of seeing into the future. All the rest of the clan can do is take his word for it, whether they like it or not. After all, for the veilspun attacking a multi-gaze is culturally tantamount to suicide. He appreciates their hesitation to harm him, though wonders how much more they could learn from him if he were to be bit of a martyr...nothing too extreme, of course, but just enough to wrench an emotion out of his peers.

EDIT: I have the bio done too!
Quote:
Some, at the least, may take pity on Wrathful. At least her warmongering had been sparked by a history of similar violence. A cycle of abuse makes a flawed hero in the eyes of soft-hearted poets committing the veilspun’s malice to parchment.

All the more reason, then, to avoid her grisly companion Duskgrief. Little lies behind this veilspun’s love of blood beyond it being an attractive shade. There is no onus to justify the cruel and unusual punishment he revels in giving.

Definitively, Duskgrief’s violence is not faked to maintain the queens favor. Certainly in Sornieth history, there have been countless a dragon so desperate to maintain their royalty and companionship alike that acts of violence become as much a part of them as any other title. They play politics. Duskgrief is not among them. He’s not one for bureaucratic red tape, especially when it keeps him from war. And it is doubtful that he’s ever been concerned about how others view him, even his own mate. His response to worship or despise is treated the same, with almost catatonic recognition.

But most important to establishing the veilspun’s character is that he has never shown a hint of regret for his actions. Even the most battle-hardened general is privy to occasional anguish and repentance. War claims far more lives than the number of soldiers that see battle. It is a reality that breaks countless who thought themselves to be steel. And yet It is as if any hint of this mortal flaw has been long absent within Duskgrief: whether by birth or force of will.

It was his lack of care that first attracted Duskgrief and Wrathful to one another. Violence for violence’s sake was an appealing trait to Wrathful, who occasionally still grappled with the ghosts of remorse. As for Duskgrief...it is impossible to put a word on how the dragon feels towards his mate. “Loves” betrays a passion he only saves for sadism. A sterile “companionship” is in line with his cool attitude, but perhaps even he feels a touch of warmth with her presence, because he never uses that term, either. Rather he refers to the queen as his “femur”, in the rare circumstances that you’d be privy to hearing his pet name for her. Whether this is because it is the strongest bone in the body or a simple extension of his love for the macabre is undecided.

He can most often be found terrorizing his fellows of the veiled army, none of whom are keen to practice with him.
@SakraKaine: Here's the lore snipper for Knox. Gonna work on the bio ASAP.
Quote:
If you were to ask the veils around him, Knox enjoys a life built on the basis of “ignorance is bliss”. He trains little and fights less. That’s probably what’s left his brain so empty, now free to rattle around the forest in search of others to bother. Or “help”. Whatever he’s taken to calling it.

Knox, on the other hand, thinks that this kindness is what puts him a touch above the rest of his clan - though, he is far too gentle to ever verbalize this. Helping freely feels like a much better destiny to pursue than contributing to war. And wouldn’t he of all dragons know? As a multi-gaze, he’s capable of seeing into the future. All the rest of the clan can do is take his word for it, whether they like it or not. After all, for the veilspun attacking a multi-gaze is culturally tantamount to suicide. He appreciates their hesitation to harm him, though wonders how much more they could learn from him if he were to be bit of a martyr...nothing too extreme, of course, but just enough to wrench an emotion out of his peers.

EDIT: I have the bio done too!
Quote:
Some, at the least, may take pity on Wrathful. At least her warmongering had been sparked by a history of similar violence. A cycle of abuse makes a flawed hero in the eyes of soft-hearted poets committing the veilspun’s malice to parchment.

All the more reason, then, to avoid her grisly companion Duskgrief. Little lies behind this veilspun’s love of blood beyond it being an attractive shade. There is no onus to justify the cruel and unusual punishment he revels in giving.

Definitively, Duskgrief’s violence is not faked to maintain the queens favor. Certainly in Sornieth history, there have been countless a dragon so desperate to maintain their royalty and companionship alike that acts of violence become as much a part of them as any other title. They play politics. Duskgrief is not among them. He’s not one for bureaucratic red tape, especially when it keeps him from war. And it is doubtful that he’s ever been concerned about how others view him, even his own mate. His response to worship or despise is treated the same, with almost catatonic recognition.

But most important to establishing the veilspun’s character is that he has never shown a hint of regret for his actions. Even the most battle-hardened general is privy to occasional anguish and repentance. War claims far more lives than the number of soldiers that see battle. It is a reality that breaks countless who thought themselves to be steel. And yet It is as if any hint of this mortal flaw has been long absent within Duskgrief: whether by birth or force of will.

It was his lack of care that first attracted Duskgrief and Wrathful to one another. Violence for violence’s sake was an appealing trait to Wrathful, who occasionally still grappled with the ghosts of remorse. As for Duskgrief...it is impossible to put a word on how the dragon feels towards his mate. “Loves” betrays a passion he only saves for sadism. A sterile “companionship” is in line with his cool attitude, but perhaps even he feels a touch of warmth with her presence, because he never uses that term, either. Rather he refers to the queen as his “femur”, in the rare circumstances that you’d be privy to hearing his pet name for her. Whether this is because it is the strongest bone in the body or a simple extension of his love for the macabre is undecided.

He can most often be found terrorizing his fellows of the veiled army, none of whom are keen to practice with him.
@Hyzenthlaay Sorry, but I'm not interested in them anymore :(
@Hyzenthlaay Sorry, but I'm not interested in them anymore :(
Lichtdrache.gif
@Hyzenthlaay

Congratulations! Also glad you're back.

Yeah, I still need a bio for Spear, if you're up for it! Let me know if you need more info, or just can't rn! (My friend made me a Trench google doc and it's epic so I can resource stuff from there!)

(edit, typo xD, I misspelled your user somehow.)
@Hyzenthlaay

Congratulations! Also glad you're back.

Yeah, I still need a bio for Spear, if you're up for it! Let me know if you need more info, or just can't rn! (My friend made me a Trench google doc and it's epic so I can resource stuff from there!)

(edit, typo xD, I misspelled your user somehow.)
Feed please?
?wkGqN=party_oras.png ?q4yND=party_oras.png
@Tidalgaze: How does this feel? We can totally change it up if you want to.

Quote:
Spear has a habit of appearing where they are not expected - or, most importantly, not wanted. Their habit of donning bright white clothes before a stealth mission was adopted only to aggravate those who did not catch them in time, usually accompanied by a little hip shuffle of the spiral’s own choreography.

This is how most of Spear’s decisions are made, come to think of it. The path that psychologically upends the most dragons in their way is the one that Spear decides to take. If they weren’t a part of the murderous collection of trench dwellers always fighting their way to Aestus, this tendency wouldn’t be as deadly. Maybe it would even be funny. Their tricks would be as simple as making all the chairs in the lair a half-inch taller each day until someone finally broke. Unfortunately Spear tends these days more to the permanently damaging kind of mind-games: the kind that trap hatchlings in unending cycles of night terrors and rob autonomy from the strong-willed dragons holding up Aestus’ defenses, to name a few.

Spear is meant to be a scout. But given their unique abilities, they have been granted clearance to slowly chip away at the psyche of the enemy in whatever way they see fit. And given how expansive of a place the spiral’s mind is, there are certainly a lot of means to do so...
@Tidalgaze: How does this feel? We can totally change it up if you want to.

Quote:
Spear has a habit of appearing where they are not expected - or, most importantly, not wanted. Their habit of donning bright white clothes before a stealth mission was adopted only to aggravate those who did not catch them in time, usually accompanied by a little hip shuffle of the spiral’s own choreography.

This is how most of Spear’s decisions are made, come to think of it. The path that psychologically upends the most dragons in their way is the one that Spear decides to take. If they weren’t a part of the murderous collection of trench dwellers always fighting their way to Aestus, this tendency wouldn’t be as deadly. Maybe it would even be funny. Their tricks would be as simple as making all the chairs in the lair a half-inch taller each day until someone finally broke. Unfortunately Spear tends these days more to the permanently damaging kind of mind-games: the kind that trap hatchlings in unending cycles of night terrors and rob autonomy from the strong-willed dragons holding up Aestus’ defenses, to name a few.

Spear is meant to be a scout. But given their unique abilities, they have been granted clearance to slowly chip away at the psyche of the enemy in whatever way they see fit. And given how expansive of a place the spiral’s mind is, there are certainly a lot of means to do so...
@BlueEternity: Here's your bio! Let me know if you want anything changed. :)
Quote:
Founding a clan takes a certain kind of mental grit. Resources need to be established and organized, jobs must be assigned, and land must be developed to its fullest potential. All of that day work, only to spend your nights defending yourself from those who would wish to integrate you into their own empires and the more simple-minded beasts. That’s the reason why Mulberry invested in the first pair of fluffy socks. Just as a little treat to herself after merciless rounds of fighting and directing.

Did her hoard of cute and fluffy things expand because of her stress, or was this just who she was always meant to be? Mulberry found her lair covered with laces, pinks, and furs the longer she worked on the clan. Certainly this wasn’t the proper den of a clan leader, no less one who had just that morning lead her fellow dragons in beating the snot out of would-be invaders. She was known to be rough and tumble, and wasn’t that a reputation worth upholding at the helm of a clan?

Turns out when you’re strong enough to reduce anyone who would say otherwise to juice, no. Mulberry was open about her frilly-centric desires, even occasionally donning a battle-dress that was pink only thanks to countless bloodstains. None would so dare as to question her authority to lead the clan - even if she is wearing fuzzy pink bunny slippers.
@BlueEternity: Here's your bio! Let me know if you want anything changed. :)
Quote:
Founding a clan takes a certain kind of mental grit. Resources need to be established and organized, jobs must be assigned, and land must be developed to its fullest potential. All of that day work, only to spend your nights defending yourself from those who would wish to integrate you into their own empires and the more simple-minded beasts. That’s the reason why Mulberry invested in the first pair of fluffy socks. Just as a little treat to herself after merciless rounds of fighting and directing.

Did her hoard of cute and fluffy things expand because of her stress, or was this just who she was always meant to be? Mulberry found her lair covered with laces, pinks, and furs the longer she worked on the clan. Certainly this wasn’t the proper den of a clan leader, no less one who had just that morning lead her fellow dragons in beating the snot out of would-be invaders. She was known to be rough and tumble, and wasn’t that a reputation worth upholding at the helm of a clan?

Turns out when you’re strong enough to reduce anyone who would say otherwise to juice, no. Mulberry was open about her frilly-centric desires, even occasionally donning a battle-dress that was pink only thanks to countless bloodstains. None would so dare as to question her authority to lead the clan - even if she is wearing fuzzy pink bunny slippers.
@Hyzenthlaay Hey it’s good to see your shop active again I still got Rostellio anyways if your still doing orders I’d like a playlist for Chrono I’ll be paying in treasure Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65423668][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/654237/65423668_350.png[/img][/url] Service Requested:playlist of 15 songs Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: anything you could possibly need to know is in his bio :3
@Hyzenthlaay
Hey it’s good to see your shop active again I still got Rostellio anyways if your still doing orders I’d like a playlist for Chrono
I’ll be paying in treasure
Dragon's Name (and link to dragon):
65423668_350.png
Service Requested:playlist of 15 songs
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: anything you could possibly need to know is in his bio :3
65423668.png 71821764.png 64806404.png Msd7ypN.png