Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | ~URG Art/Lore shop [CLOSED]~
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18
@silverein
*finger guns* I don't even know who you should draw just pick someone random that you haven't done already? (Except the last four and Macintosh)
@silverein
*finger guns* I don't even know who you should draw just pick someone random that you haven't done already? (Except the last four and Macintosh)
PMb4IFn.png
@silverein
Quote:
Saiki was quietly sitting in the corner of the room when Kaidou found him. Kaidou walked closer and realized he was cradling a cup of coffee jello. The Dark Reunion must be at it again, making Saiki feel bad. Kaidou's fist clenched, flexing the muscles in his arm and making him aware of the bandages around his arm.

Kaidou sighed and relaxed his muscles. He moved to go comfort Saiki, but stopped in his tracks, suddenly incredibly nervous. This was too hard. He didn't move closer. Luckily, it seemed Saiki somehow hadn't noticed him yet.

Kaidou sat down where he had stopped and just observed for a bit. While watching from that distance, Kaidou became suddenly mesmerized . Honestly, Saiki was always cute, but for some reason seeing him enjoy his favorite food and being so small in the corner just.... And the way his pink hair looked so touchable and soft even though it was messy.

After noticing all these things, Kaidou got together the courage to get closer. Once Saiki was in reach, Kaidou wrapprd his arms around him and gave Saiki a hug. Then Kaidou shoved his face into the crook of Saiki's neck, breathing in deeply to calm himself. Saiki started a little bit, placing the now empty coffee jello container carefilly on the ground, but Kaidou managed to tell Saiki something he'd always wanted to say:

"I'll always protect you. Even if it means using my destructive power. I will keep you safe."

Saiki turned and hugged Kaidou back. He said nothing himself, not even through telepathy, but the feeling was conveyed nonetheless.

"I believe in you."
@silverein
Quote:
Saiki was quietly sitting in the corner of the room when Kaidou found him. Kaidou walked closer and realized he was cradling a cup of coffee jello. The Dark Reunion must be at it again, making Saiki feel bad. Kaidou's fist clenched, flexing the muscles in his arm and making him aware of the bandages around his arm.

Kaidou sighed and relaxed his muscles. He moved to go comfort Saiki, but stopped in his tracks, suddenly incredibly nervous. This was too hard. He didn't move closer. Luckily, it seemed Saiki somehow hadn't noticed him yet.

Kaidou sat down where he had stopped and just observed for a bit. While watching from that distance, Kaidou became suddenly mesmerized . Honestly, Saiki was always cute, but for some reason seeing him enjoy his favorite food and being so small in the corner just.... And the way his pink hair looked so touchable and soft even though it was messy.

After noticing all these things, Kaidou got together the courage to get closer. Once Saiki was in reach, Kaidou wrapprd his arms around him and gave Saiki a hug. Then Kaidou shoved his face into the crook of Saiki's neck, breathing in deeply to calm himself. Saiki started a little bit, placing the now empty coffee jello container carefilly on the ground, but Kaidou managed to tell Saiki something he'd always wanted to say:

"I'll always protect you. Even if it means using my destructive power. I will keep you safe."

Saiki turned and hugged Kaidou back. He said nothing himself, not even through telepathy, but the feeling was conveyed nonetheless.

"I believe in you."
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal
Username: ampharosy
Writing Type: serious
Payment/item offer: treasure
Personality: (Optional, only if you want me to write a certain type of dragon) Aerope is the healer for the clan. She has a terrible short-term memory but she makes up for it with her intelligence and knowledge in medicine. She is a terrible grouch but the clan keeps her around because she is a great healer. She's very headstrong and will speak her opinion, even to the royal family, if she believes that they're wrong. Her opinion is highly valued because even though she's an outsider, she's one of the oldest dragons in the clan and she has many years of experience.
She doesn't very often talk about her past, but from what few conversations she's had with her clanmates, they've learned that she was hatched in the Starfall Isles but started wandering with a group shortly after. During some sort of fight (no one knows what happened), she left that group and found herself with the Ashen Nomads.
Dragon(s): Aerope Also, not a dragon but her Nightfall Imp is a very important part of her life and he's been around for a while
Coded bio (Y/N?): No thank you
Additional notes: (Any specific story or thing you want told/mentioned?) If you can, I would love for you to write about her life before joining the Ashen Nomads. She has a soft spot for Artus so if you want to include a reason for that (he wasn't born until after she joined the ashen nomads but maybe she knew a dragon that looked like him? dunno) if you can't come up with anything definitely don't worry about it though.
@UnseenRangerGal
Username: ampharosy
Writing Type: serious
Payment/item offer: treasure
Personality: (Optional, only if you want me to write a certain type of dragon) Aerope is the healer for the clan. She has a terrible short-term memory but she makes up for it with her intelligence and knowledge in medicine. She is a terrible grouch but the clan keeps her around because she is a great healer. She's very headstrong and will speak her opinion, even to the royal family, if she believes that they're wrong. Her opinion is highly valued because even though she's an outsider, she's one of the oldest dragons in the clan and she has many years of experience.
She doesn't very often talk about her past, but from what few conversations she's had with her clanmates, they've learned that she was hatched in the Starfall Isles but started wandering with a group shortly after. During some sort of fight (no one knows what happened), she left that group and found herself with the Ashen Nomads.
Dragon(s): Aerope Also, not a dragon but her Nightfall Imp is a very important part of her life and he's been around for a while
Coded bio (Y/N?): No thank you
Additional notes: (Any specific story or thing you want told/mentioned?) If you can, I would love for you to write about her life before joining the Ashen Nomads. She has a soft spot for Artus so if you want to include a reason for that (he wasn't born until after she joined the ashen nomads but maybe she knew a dragon that looked like him? dunno) if you can't come up with anything definitely don't worry about it though.
1_by_cas_a_fras-db7eb64.gif2_by_cas_a_fras-db7eb5x.gif
3_by_cas_a_fras-db7eb5r.gif4_by_cas_a_fras-db7eb5n.gif
5_by_cas_a_fras-db7eb5j.gif6_by_cas_a_fras-db7eb5d.gif
@ampharosy
Oh hey you! You're the person who found my writing tumblr :) Ye, I can definitely work with all that information, but one thing: what is the length of story you're looking for and/or how much treasure are you offering? Either of these would help me determine the scope and pacing of the story ^^
@ampharosy
Oh hey you! You're the person who found my writing tumblr :) Ye, I can definitely work with all that information, but one thing: what is the length of story you're looking for and/or how much treasure are you offering? Either of these would help me determine the scope and pacing of the story ^^
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal
Aha yeah I am always looking to follow lore blogs :-) I think I would be willing to go up to 100kt but you definitely don't have to write that much. I wasn't able to find pricing (it may just be me being oblivious) so I'm not quite sure how much text I'm asking for heh. But that's about the max I could do ^^
@UnseenRangerGal
Aha yeah I am always looking to follow lore blogs :-) I think I would be willing to go up to 100kt but you definitely don't have to write that much. I wasn't able to find pricing (it may just be me being oblivious) so I'm not quite sure how much text I'm asking for heh. But that's about the max I could do ^^
@ampharosy
Oooo, right, I was too lazy to update my lore prices (I used to be PWYW), whooooops. Um... I have done 1000 words for 80kt before, but the examples I have on the front page were about 15-25kt for 500 words, so... I estimate 2000-2500 words tops? I'll let you know what the word count is when I'm done and we can work it out from there ^^ (but I'm still loose about it. I kind of don't want to set prices based on word count tbh :P)

Anyway, this sounds like an interesting dragon to write! I look forward to it! Just be warned I don't have much time this weekend >.< (just watch me procrastinate doing real work by writing this though :V it's probably gonna happen)
@ampharosy
Oooo, right, I was too lazy to update my lore prices (I used to be PWYW), whooooops. Um... I have done 1000 words for 80kt before, but the examples I have on the front page were about 15-25kt for 500 words, so... I estimate 2000-2500 words tops? I'll let you know what the word count is when I'm done and we can work it out from there ^^ (but I'm still loose about it. I kind of don't want to set prices based on word count tbh :P)

Anyway, this sounds like an interesting dragon to write! I look forward to it! Just be warned I don't have much time this weekend >.< (just watch me procrastinate doing real work by writing this though :V it's probably gonna happen)
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal
Alright sounds good! Really you can write as much as you want and just give me a price aha and don't worry about the time! She doesn't come into the lore until later anyways ^^
@UnseenRangerGal
Alright sounds good! Really you can write as much as you want and just give me a price aha and don't worry about the time! She doesn't come into the lore until later anyways ^^
@ampharosy It only turned out to be just over 1000 words, but I hope you like it! Um... I really don't know what to ask for it? Anything over 40kt would be fine I think ^^ Let me know if anything needs to be changed! [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30732346] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/307324/30732346.png[/img] [/url][/center] Aerope always seemed to be wearing a frown that others could only describe as intimidating. No one was ever quite sure what was making her upset, or whether she was upset at all, and she didn't care to share such information liberally. Thus, her unhappy demeanor and guardedness combined to create a persistent cloud of discomfort around her that only ever seemed to be penetrated by one thing, or rather, dragon. It was a long story. One she often found herself getting caught up in when the nights grew long and the shadows of her past loomed larger. [center]~~~[/center] "We don't have need of two healers in the clan." Aerope tried to cover her startled reaction at the angry growl of her clanmate, pretending that she hadn't heard it. "We're already having a hard enough time feeding the clan and you're no help. You waste all your time sitting her sorting through your instruments of witchcraft." Aerope bristled slightly as the other dragon stalked closer. Annoyedly, Aerope sighed. It seemed this time the other dragon would not be simply backing down. Now, she was no fighter, but she also knew there was no way the other dragon would raise a claw against her. There was no glory in hurting a clanmate. No, this would be a battle of will. One Aerope was convinced she was destined to win. "Well, [i]someone[/i] needs to make sure [i]you[/i] are well enough to do your job properly." "Yes, but we already have one perfectly good healer for that." The other dragon's tail was lashing back and forth impatiently now. Their wings were stretching out as well, making them appear larger. Aerope only looked back at them lazily, returning to carefully sorting through her herbs. She felt a small bump at her front leg and found Hippocrates carrying a stack of small jars. She shot him a small smile, one the other dragon missed in their anger. "And your little imp! What a useless runt!" Aerope's eyes hardened at the outburst. She had been mildly amused by the other dragon's antics, but this attack on her friend disquieted her. "I'd appreciate," she began through gritted teeth, "if you'd leave Hippocrates out of this." The other dragon grinned, realizing they had found an opening in her defenses. "No, no, I think we should talk more about it." Suddenly they kicked out at Hippocrates, who ducked behind Aerope's leg, whining confusedly. Aerope whipped around, pushing Hippocrates behind her as she did, "Don't." "What are you going to do about it?" Their voice oozed happiness at their small victory. Aerope's nostrils flared in response. "What do you want?" "I think it's time you leave." A small snort of disbelief escaped Aerope's mouth. "Really. We know you're too headstrong to make it here. You demand too much. If I don't get you out now, someone else will, and they won't be as nice." A flicker of uncertainty passed by Aerope's eyes. She wanted badly to put the other dragon in their place, but they spoke truth. The clan was struggling and grumbles had been traveling around the clan like dandelion seeds in the wind. [i]She's always complaining and bossing, but what does she contribute? Healers aren't supposed to be so scary. Is she really pulling her weight?[/i] They would turn against her one by one. This clan always needed scapegoats to keep it going... and it looked like today was her lucky day. She stayed silent. The other dragon gave a short huffing laugh. Thinking they had won, they began to leave. Aerope could only glare at their back in frustration. Why did she try? They'd always been suspicious of her and her origins. It was only a matter of time before they gave up on the hatchling dropped unceremoniously on their doorstep. Aerope huffed defiantly to herself. If they didn't need her, then there was no point in staying. She had every right to leave and find another clan who appreciated her more. What did these dragons know anyway? They thought all healers were the same. What if- Then it hit her. She could leave. Nobody would stop her. Slowly, she looked out the entrance of her dwelling. The stars were already beginning to sparkle slightly, defying the last rays of the sun across the field. The nocturnal dragons would already be out for the night and the others asleep. Aerope took one small step out. Then she felt a small clawed hand touch her ever so gently. She looked down into Hippocrates eyes. For once, she couldn't tell what he was trying to communicate to her. Was this the right choice? Her eyes set in determination. Hippocrates knew that look all too well. He lifted a small satchel up to her. [center]~~~[/center] Once Aerope left the immediate vicinity of the camp, she took off at a full sprint. If she was going to leave, she was going to do so as quickly as possible--no point in dragging out the potentially painful process. Aerope stopped only when the moon was directly above her head, casting a sort of spot light all around her. At first she had felt exhilarated, like she could run forever. But now... now she suddenly felt unsure. Reasons why she had stayed flooded her mind. Well... it was more like one big reason. Images of a black and red pearlcatcher flooded her mind. Him and his beautifully shiny pearl. She always found comfort staring into its depths while she talked. It was so consistent even with all its changes. The swirling designs in the pearl could always be trusted to stay within its confines. Her satisfaction with its appearance might also have had something to do with the dragon the pearl belonged to. They had a natural silent agreement not to ask each other too many questions... just... be there for each other. He'd sit next to her while she frowned intently at the distance and everything would feel okay. Barely out the door and Aerope was already feeling sorry for leaving him. It was too late though. She would never go back to face humiliation. He'd understand. She hoped he'd understand. [center]~~~[/center] Years later, but not too many. Another small pearlcatcher was born. Aerope had arrived not too long ago, but the other dragons already accepted her more than her previous clan. They were all too happy to accept a healer as skilled and wise as her into her clan and of course she checked the health of the new hatchlings whenever possible. Her soul seemed to be immediately soothed upon meeting this small pearlcatcher for the first time. For a little bit, she couldn't place quite why she liked him so much, but she spent more and more time secretly doting on him. Aerope hadn't got a good glance at the pearl he carefully tucked near his body until a couple weeks later. When she saw the sheen of the pearl in the midday sun, she knew. He understood.[/quote] [code]Aerope always seemed to be wearing a frown that others could only describe as intimidating. No one was ever quite sure what was making her upset, or whether she was upset at all, and she didn't care to share such information liberally. Thus, her unhappy demeanor and guardedness combined to create a persistent cloud of discomfort around her that only ever seemed to be penetrated by one thing, or rather, dragon. It was a long story. One she often found herself getting caught up in when the nights grew long and the shadows of her past loomed larger. [center]~~~[/center] "We don't have need of two healers in the clan." Aerope tried to cover her startled reaction at the angry growl of her clanmate, pretending that she hadn't heard it. "We're already having a hard enough time feeding the clan and you're no help. You waste all your time sitting her sorting through your instruments of witchcraft." Aerope bristled slightly as the other dragon stalked closer. Annoyedly, Aerope sighed. It seemed this time the other dragon would not be simply backing down. Now, she was no fighter, but she also knew there was no way the other dragon would raise a claw against her. There was no glory in hurting a clanmate. No, this would be a battle of will. One Aerope was convinced she was destined to win. "Well, [i]someone[/i] needs to make sure [i]you[/i] are well enough to do your job properly." "Yes, but we already have one perfectly good healer for that." The other dragon's tail was lashing back and forth impatiently now. Their wings were stretching out as well, making them appear larger. Aerope only looked back at them lazily, returning to carefully sorting through her herbs. She felt a small bump at her front leg and found Hippocrates carrying a stack of small jars. She shot him a small smile, one the other dragon missed in their anger. "And your little imp! What a useless runt!" Aerope's eyes hardened at the outburst. She had been mildly amused by the other dragon's antics, but this attack on her friend disquieted her. "I'd appreciate," she began through gritted teeth, "if you'd leave Hippocrates out of this." The other dragon grinned, realizing they had found an opening in her defenses. "No, no, I think we should talk more about it." Suddenly they kicked out at Hippocrates, who ducked behind Aerope's leg, whining confusedly. Aerope whipped around, pushing Hippocrates behind her as she did, "Don't." "What are you going to do about it?" Their voice oozed happiness at their small victory. Aerope's nostrils flared in response. "What do you want?" "I think it's time you leave." A small snort of disbelief escaped Aerope's mouth. "Really. We know you're too headstrong to make it here. You demand too much. If I don't get you out now, someone else will, and they won't be as nice." A flicker of uncertainty passed by Aerope's eyes. She wanted badly to put the other dragon in their place, but they spoke truth. The clan was struggling and grumbles had been traveling around the clan like dandelion seeds in the wind. [i]She's always complaining and bossing, but what does she contribute? Healers aren't supposed to be so scary. Is she really pulling her weight?[/i] They would turn against her one by one. This clan always needed scapegoats to keep it going... and it looked like today was her lucky day. She stayed silent. The other dragon gave a short huffing laugh. Thinking they had won, they began to leave. Aerope could only glare at their back in frustration. Why did she try? They'd always been suspicious of her and her origins. It was only a matter of time before they gave up on the hatchling dropped unceremoniously on their doorstep. Aerope huffed defiantly to herself. If they didn't need her, then there was no point in staying. She had every right to leave and find another clan who appreciated her more. What did these dragons know anyway? They thought all healers were the same. What if- Then it hit her. She could leave. Nobody would stop her. Slowly, she looked out the entrance of her dwelling. The stars were already beginning to sparkle slightly, defying the last rays of the sun across the field. The nocturnal dragons would already be out for the night and the others asleep. Aerope took one small step out. Then she felt a small clawed hand touch her ever so gently. She looked down into Hippocrates eyes. For once, she couldn't tell what he was trying to communicate to her. Was this the right choice? Her eyes set in determination. Hippocrates knew that look all too well. He lifted a small satchel up to her. [center]~~~[/center] Once Aerope left the immediate vicinity of the camp, she took off at a full sprint. If she was going to leave, she was going to do so as quickly as possible--no point in dragging out the potentially painful process. Aerope stopped only when the moon was directly above her head, casting a sort of spot light all around her. At first she had felt exhilarated, like she could run forever. But now... now she suddenly felt unsure. Reasons why she had stayed flooded her mind. Well... it was more like one big reason. Images of a black and red pearlcatcher flooded her mind. Him and his beautifully shiny pearl. She always found comfort staring into its depths while she talked. It was so consistent even with all its changes. The swirling designs in the pearl could always be trusted to stay within its confines. Her satisfaction with its appearance might also have had something to do with the dragon the pearl belonged to. They had a natural silent agreement not to ask each other too many questions... just... be there for each other. He'd sit next to her while she frowned intently at the distance and everything would feel okay. Barely out the door and Aerope was already feeling sorry for leaving him. It was too late though. She would never go back to face humiliation. He'd understand. She hoped he'd understand. [center]~~~[/center] Years later, but not too many. Another small pearlcatcher was born. Aerope had arrived not too long ago, but the other dragons already accepted her more than her previous clan. They were all too happy to accept a healer as skilled and wise as her into her clan and of course she checked the health of the new hatchlings whenever possible. Her soul seemed to be immediately soothed upon meeting this small pearlcatcher for the first time. For a little bit, she couldn't place quite why she liked him so much, but she spent more and more time secretly doting on him. Aerope hadn't got a good glance at the pearl he carefully tucked near his body until a couple weeks later. When she saw the sheen of the pearl in the midday sun, she knew. He understood.[/code]
@ampharosy
It only turned out to be just over 1000 words, but I hope you like it! Um... I really don't know what to ask for it? Anything over 40kt would be fine I think ^^ Let me know if anything needs to be changed!
Quote:
Aerope always seemed to be wearing a frown that others could only describe as intimidating. No one was ever quite sure what was making her upset, or whether she was upset at all, and she didn't care to share such information liberally. Thus, her unhappy demeanor and guardedness combined to create a persistent cloud of discomfort around her that only ever seemed to be penetrated by one thing, or rather, dragon.

It was a long story. One she often found herself getting caught up in when the nights grew long and the shadows of her past loomed larger.
~~~

"We don't have need of two healers in the clan." Aerope tried to cover her startled reaction at the angry growl of her clanmate, pretending that she hadn't heard it. "We're already having a hard enough time feeding the clan and you're no help. You waste all your time sitting her sorting through your instruments of witchcraft." Aerope bristled slightly as the other dragon stalked closer.

Annoyedly, Aerope sighed. It seemed this time the other dragon would not be simply backing down. Now, she was no fighter, but she also knew there was no way the other dragon would raise a claw against her. There was no glory in hurting a clanmate. No, this would be a battle of will. One Aerope was convinced she was destined to win. "Well, someone needs to make sure you are well enough to do your job properly."

"Yes, but we already have one perfectly good healer for that." The other dragon's tail was lashing back and forth impatiently now. Their wings were stretching out as well, making them appear larger. Aerope only looked back at them lazily, returning to carefully sorting through her herbs.

She felt a small bump at her front leg and found Hippocrates carrying a stack of small jars. She shot him a small smile, one the other dragon missed in their anger. "And your little imp! What a useless runt!" Aerope's eyes hardened at the outburst. She had been mildly amused by the other dragon's antics, but this attack on her friend disquieted her.

"I'd appreciate," she began through gritted teeth, "if you'd leave Hippocrates out of this."

The other dragon grinned, realizing they had found an opening in her defenses. "No, no, I think we should talk more about it." Suddenly they kicked out at Hippocrates, who ducked behind Aerope's leg, whining confusedly.

Aerope whipped around, pushing Hippocrates behind her as she did, "Don't."

"What are you going to do about it?" Their voice oozed happiness at their small victory.

Aerope's nostrils flared in response. "What do you want?"

"I think it's time you leave." A small snort of disbelief escaped Aerope's mouth. "Really. We know you're too headstrong to make it here. You demand too much. If I don't get you out now, someone else will, and they won't be as nice."

A flicker of uncertainty passed by Aerope's eyes. She wanted badly to put the other dragon in their place, but they spoke truth. The clan was struggling and grumbles had been traveling around the clan like dandelion seeds in the wind.

She's always complaining and bossing, but what does she contribute? Healers aren't supposed to be so scary. Is she really pulling her weight?

They would turn against her one by one. This clan always needed scapegoats to keep it going... and it looked like today was her lucky day.

She stayed silent.

The other dragon gave a short huffing laugh. Thinking they had won, they began to leave. Aerope could only glare at their back in frustration. Why did she try? They'd always been suspicious of her and her origins. It was only a matter of time before they gave up on the hatchling dropped unceremoniously on their doorstep.

Aerope huffed defiantly to herself. If they didn't need her, then there was no point in staying. She had every right to leave and find another clan who appreciated her more. What did these dragons know anyway? They thought all healers were the same. What if-

Then it hit her. She could leave. Nobody would stop her.

Slowly, she looked out the entrance of her dwelling. The stars were already beginning to sparkle slightly, defying the last rays of the sun across the field. The nocturnal dragons would already be out for the night and the others asleep.

Aerope took one small step out. Then she felt a small clawed hand touch her ever so gently. She looked down into Hippocrates eyes. For once, she couldn't tell what he was trying to communicate to her. Was this the right choice? Her eyes set in determination. Hippocrates knew that look all too well. He lifted a small satchel up to her.
~~~

Once Aerope left the immediate vicinity of the camp, she took off at a full sprint. If she was going to leave, she was going to do so as quickly as possible--no point in dragging out the potentially painful process.

Aerope stopped only when the moon was directly above her head, casting a sort of spot light all around her. At first she had felt exhilarated, like she could run forever. But now... now she suddenly felt unsure. Reasons why she had stayed flooded her mind. Well... it was more like one big reason.

Images of a black and red pearlcatcher flooded her mind. Him and his beautifully shiny pearl. She always found comfort staring into its depths while she talked. It was so consistent even with all its changes. The swirling designs in the pearl could always be trusted to stay within its confines. Her satisfaction with its appearance might also have had something to do with the dragon the pearl belonged to. They had a natural silent agreement not to ask each other too many questions... just... be there for each other. He'd sit next to her while she frowned intently at the distance and everything would feel okay.

Barely out the door and Aerope was already feeling sorry for leaving him. It was too late though. She would never go back to face humiliation. He'd understand.

She hoped he'd understand.
~~~

Years later, but not too many. Another small pearlcatcher was born. Aerope had arrived not too long ago, but the other dragons already accepted her more than her previous clan. They were all too happy to accept a healer as skilled and wise as her into her clan and of course she checked the health of the new hatchlings whenever possible.

Her soul seemed to be immediately soothed upon meeting this small pearlcatcher for the first time. For a little bit, she couldn't place quite why she liked him so much, but she spent more and more time secretly doting on him.

Aerope hadn't got a good glance at the pearl he carefully tucked near his body until a couple weeks later. When she saw the sheen of the pearl in the midday sun, she knew.

He understood.
Code:
Aerope always seemed to be wearing a frown that others could only describe as intimidating. No one was ever quite sure what was making her upset, or whether she was upset at all, and she didn't care to share such information liberally. Thus, her unhappy demeanor and guardedness combined to create a persistent cloud of discomfort around her that only ever seemed to be penetrated by one thing, or rather, dragon. It was a long story. One she often found herself getting caught up in when the nights grew long and the shadows of her past loomed larger. [center]~~~[/center] "We don't have need of two healers in the clan." Aerope tried to cover her startled reaction at the angry growl of her clanmate, pretending that she hadn't heard it. "We're already having a hard enough time feeding the clan and you're no help. You waste all your time sitting her sorting through your instruments of witchcraft." Aerope bristled slightly as the other dragon stalked closer. Annoyedly, Aerope sighed. It seemed this time the other dragon would not be simply backing down. Now, she was no fighter, but she also knew there was no way the other dragon would raise a claw against her. There was no glory in hurting a clanmate. No, this would be a battle of will. One Aerope was convinced she was destined to win. "Well, [i]someone[/i] needs to make sure [i]you[/i] are well enough to do your job properly." "Yes, but we already have one perfectly good healer for that." The other dragon's tail was lashing back and forth impatiently now. Their wings were stretching out as well, making them appear larger. Aerope only looked back at them lazily, returning to carefully sorting through her herbs. She felt a small bump at her front leg and found Hippocrates carrying a stack of small jars. She shot him a small smile, one the other dragon missed in their anger. "And your little imp! What a useless runt!" Aerope's eyes hardened at the outburst. She had been mildly amused by the other dragon's antics, but this attack on her friend disquieted her. "I'd appreciate," she began through gritted teeth, "if you'd leave Hippocrates out of this." The other dragon grinned, realizing they had found an opening in her defenses. "No, no, I think we should talk more about it." Suddenly they kicked out at Hippocrates, who ducked behind Aerope's leg, whining confusedly. Aerope whipped around, pushing Hippocrates behind her as she did, "Don't." "What are you going to do about it?" Their voice oozed happiness at their small victory. Aerope's nostrils flared in response. "What do you want?" "I think it's time you leave." A small snort of disbelief escaped Aerope's mouth. "Really. We know you're too headstrong to make it here. You demand too much. If I don't get you out now, someone else will, and they won't be as nice." A flicker of uncertainty passed by Aerope's eyes. She wanted badly to put the other dragon in their place, but they spoke truth. The clan was struggling and grumbles had been traveling around the clan like dandelion seeds in the wind. [i]She's always complaining and bossing, but what does she contribute? Healers aren't supposed to be so scary. Is she really pulling her weight?[/i] They would turn against her one by one. This clan always needed scapegoats to keep it going... and it looked like today was her lucky day. She stayed silent. The other dragon gave a short huffing laugh. Thinking they had won, they began to leave. Aerope could only glare at their back in frustration. Why did she try? They'd always been suspicious of her and her origins. It was only a matter of time before they gave up on the hatchling dropped unceremoniously on their doorstep. Aerope huffed defiantly to herself. If they didn't need her, then there was no point in staying. She had every right to leave and find another clan who appreciated her more. What did these dragons know anyway? They thought all healers were the same. What if- Then it hit her. She could leave. Nobody would stop her. Slowly, she looked out the entrance of her dwelling. The stars were already beginning to sparkle slightly, defying the last rays of the sun across the field. The nocturnal dragons would already be out for the night and the others asleep. Aerope took one small step out. Then she felt a small clawed hand touch her ever so gently. She looked down into Hippocrates eyes. For once, she couldn't tell what he was trying to communicate to her. Was this the right choice? Her eyes set in determination. Hippocrates knew that look all too well. He lifted a small satchel up to her. [center]~~~[/center] Once Aerope left the immediate vicinity of the camp, she took off at a full sprint. If she was going to leave, she was going to do so as quickly as possible--no point in dragging out the potentially painful process. Aerope stopped only when the moon was directly above her head, casting a sort of spot light all around her. At first she had felt exhilarated, like she could run forever. But now... now she suddenly felt unsure. Reasons why she had stayed flooded her mind. Well... it was more like one big reason. Images of a black and red pearlcatcher flooded her mind. Him and his beautifully shiny pearl. She always found comfort staring into its depths while she talked. It was so consistent even with all its changes. The swirling designs in the pearl could always be trusted to stay within its confines. Her satisfaction with its appearance might also have had something to do with the dragon the pearl belonged to. They had a natural silent agreement not to ask each other too many questions... just... be there for each other. He'd sit next to her while she frowned intently at the distance and everything would feel okay. Barely out the door and Aerope was already feeling sorry for leaving him. It was too late though. She would never go back to face humiliation. He'd understand. She hoped he'd understand. [center]~~~[/center] Years later, but not too many. Another small pearlcatcher was born. Aerope had arrived not too long ago, but the other dragons already accepted her more than her previous clan. They were all too happy to accept a healer as skilled and wise as her into her clan and of course she checked the health of the new hatchlings whenever possible. Her soul seemed to be immediately soothed upon meeting this small pearlcatcher for the first time. For a little bit, she couldn't place quite why she liked him so much, but she spent more and more time secretly doting on him. Aerope hadn't got a good glance at the pearl he carefully tucked near his body until a couple weeks later. When she saw the sheen of the pearl in the midday sun, she knew. He understood.
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal

Ahhh that's so great thank you so much!! I'll send the CR now!!
@UnseenRangerGal

Ahhh that's so great thank you so much!! I'll send the CR now!!
@UnseenRangerGal [b]Username:[/b] CHINCHINLOVER [b]Art Type:[/b] Style 1 Bust + Shading [b]Payment/item offer:[/b] I have a good number of Glowing Embers and other Festival Currency to give you. [b]Must-have apparel:[/b] Her Bishoujo Observation, Antique Lace Collar(if you show her neck), and Butterfly Guise. [b]Reference(s)/Description:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33567957] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/335680/33567957_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Additional notes:[/b] Go crazy.
@UnseenRangerGal
Username:
CHINCHINLOVER
Art Type:
Style 1 Bust + Shading
Payment/item offer:
I have a good number of Glowing Embers and other Festival Currency to give you.
Must-have apparel:
Her Bishoujo Observation, Antique Lace Collar(if you show her neck), and Butterfly Guise.
Reference(s)/Description:

33567957_350.png

Additional notes:
Go crazy.
20 | He/him | +2 FR time
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18