Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Fantastic Fortunes: story/lore prompts!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[i](Written and delivered a long time ago, but was PMed and not posted to this thread at the time.)[/i] [b]Fortune for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=34593&tab=dragon&did=12052750]Eryandr[/url], owned by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=34593]Merethic[/url][/b] Kimer bowed his head in respect as the Mirror lady who was obviously a warrior approached. “Greetings. Please, have a seat and allow me to discern what advice I may be able to offer you.” [item=earth runestone][item=wind runestone][item=shadow runestone] “Hmm.” He frowned in thought at the first two stones Arlandria set out, eyes narrowed through his glasses as though there was something written on the images. After a long moment he gestured to his mate for a third stone, which made him nod sagely. “I foresee a sort of turmoil for you that is more likely to deal with your inner life than the life of your home and companions around you. A conflict between tradition and innovation, between safe familiarity and the risk of change. An opportunity will present itself where you may either shy back and continue to keep things the way they always have been, or you may lunge forward fearlessly and take a chance.” “And it becomes even more severe than that, you see-” he tapped a claw next to the third stone “-because the situation will not present itself honestly. Either someone will be attempting to fool you to their own advantage, trying to make you choose that which is for their own well being more than yours, or else the very options you must choose between will be unclear and easily misunderstood.” “Well, then. What are you to do?” He nodded to Arlandria “Three again, please, my love.” [item=plague runestone][item=plague runestone][item=lightning runestone] He broke into a smile at the new stones- not a very nice smile, but a bright one nonetheless. “Ah. Well, we are indeed fortunate, because the safest path for you is quite clear. You must hold your own safety valuable above all else. Now, I do not mean that you shouldn’t care at all about what happens to your loved ones- only that by putting yourself first, you will find the surest path to success for yourself and those whose lives are tied closely to your own.” “It is critical,” he said with a tap on the Lightning rune, “that you do not hesitate or fear. A path will open to you, an idea or realization that may strike suddenly, and once you see that opportunity you must not second guess or step back. When the critical moment comes, choose boldly, keeping your own desires first in mind, and the result that comes to pass will see you safely through the storm.”
(Written and delivered a long time ago, but was PMed and not posted to this thread at the time.)

Fortune for Eryandr, owned by Merethic

Kimer bowed his head in respect as the Mirror lady who was obviously a warrior approached. “Greetings. Please, have a seat and allow me to discern what advice I may be able to offer you.”

Earth Runestone Wind Runestone Shadow Runestone
“Hmm.” He frowned in thought at the first two stones Arlandria set out, eyes narrowed through his glasses as though there was something written on the images. After a long moment he gestured to his mate for a third stone, which made him nod sagely.

“I foresee a sort of turmoil for you that is more likely to deal with your inner life than the life of your home and companions around you. A conflict between tradition and innovation, between safe familiarity and the risk of change. An opportunity will present itself where you may either shy back and continue to keep things the way they always have been, or you may lunge forward fearlessly and take a chance.”

“And it becomes even more severe than that, you see-” he tapped a claw next to the third stone “-because the situation will not present itself honestly. Either someone will be attempting to fool you to their own advantage, trying to make you choose that which is for their own well being more than yours, or else the very options you must choose between will be unclear and easily misunderstood.”

“Well, then. What are you to do?” He nodded to Arlandria “Three again, please, my love.”

Plague Runestone Plague Runestone Lightning Runestone
He broke into a smile at the new stones- not a very nice smile, but a bright one nonetheless. “Ah. Well, we are indeed fortunate, because the safest path for you is quite clear. You must hold your own safety valuable above all else. Now, I do not mean that you shouldn’t care at all about what happens to your loved ones- only that by putting yourself first, you will find the surest path to success for yourself and those whose lives are tied closely to your own.”

“It is critical,” he said with a tap on the Lightning rune, “that you do not hesitate or fear. A path will open to you, an idea or realization that may strike suddenly, and once you see that opportunity you must not second guess or step back. When the critical moment comes, choose boldly, keeping your own desires first in mind, and the result that comes to pass will see you safely through the storm.”

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
[i](Written and delivered a long time ago, but was PMed and not posted to this thread at the time.)[/i] [b]Fortune for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=67301&tab=dragon&did=9695870]FEMM[/url], owned by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=67301]Aikka[/url][/b] As soon as Kimer could tell that the fellow Pearlcatcher was heading in his direction he turned on his best mysterious smile and set his attention into overdrive for figuring out as much as he could about her before she reached him. She walked alone, and didn't look interested in chatting with any of the other dragons here in the marketplace, so maybe she was the solitary intellectual type? When he spotted her pearl, it was only years of practice at holding his grin up all day long that kept him from cringing. It wasn't in good shape, and that was putting it politely. What could have happened to her to put the outside part of her soul into such a state? Well it certainly wouldn't be appropriate to ask. But she wouldn't be a good customer for a doom and gloom threatening type of fortune, that was for sure. A dragon like this needed something warm and encouraging to soothe her nerves. Kimer greeted her, welcomed her over, and gestured to Arla to begin dealing the stones out face-down for him to pick from. The very first one he picked up sent an electric jolt up his spine. Instead of a carved rune for one of the flights, the stone was just smeared with black- her first pick was his symbol for the Shade? He never pulled that one! It was only in here so he could put a little fear into excitable dragons, convince them that they needed to follow his advice to keep themselves safe. He didn't want to see it in this sort of situation! No no no, that wouldn't do at all for a gentle customer like this. He waxed another big, warm smile at her and showed her the black painted stone with an easy laugh as though it was nothing before setting it aside. "How silly of me, I accidentally put one of my old blank stones with the symbol rubbed off in with the good ones. We can ignore that, haha." Hopefully he hadn't just ruined his credibility with her. But either way, he had better quickly move on to actually telling this poor lady her fortune. He made suitably thoughtful noises as the symbols were chosen, nodding along, trying to weave the themes together in his head. Eventually enough of them matched to determine what her major signs were going to be. [item=fire runestone][item=plague runestone][item=shadow runestone] "This is quite an exciting fortune. You should feel rather lucky," he said with a gesture towards the stones. "So many of us have difficult times ahead, times that will require us to make sacrifices and painful choices. But it is utterly clear to me here that what you need to do is chase your own heart's desires, and they will surely lead you to success. Do you see, here, what these all have in common?" He pointed out each one in turn. "Fire, Plague and Shadow- passion, drive, and resourcefulness. No cringing back, no quitting or surrender. You should fear nothing, my dear, nothing but your own ability to hesitate to seize what could be yours." He drew her attention to the other stones he had set off to the side, not the focus point or her fortune but nonetheless useful. [item=light runestone][item=nature runestone] He pointed to both Light's and Natures stones at the same time. "Now just because you should let your own hopes and desires rule you, that does not promise that success will come without effort or all at once. You will do well to think carefully and make your choices wisely, without rush. And especially you will need to be patient with yourself and give yourself time to grow- and grow you will, as surely as a thin sapling will eventually reach into the clouds as a grand behemoth." Kimer pointed to the final two stones with an encouraging smile. [item=ice runestone][item=arcane runestone] "But as long as you are determined, if you protect your heart from thoughts of giving up as though you have built strong walls and towers around yourself; if you let yourself dream without fear and set goals as high as the stars themselves, you will find contentment in the passionate pursuit. And, in the fullness of time, you will have great joy in where your life takes you."
(Written and delivered a long time ago, but was PMed and not posted to this thread at the time.)

Fortune for FEMM, owned by Aikka

As soon as Kimer could tell that the fellow Pearlcatcher was heading in his direction he turned on his best mysterious smile and set his attention into overdrive for figuring out as much as he could about her before she reached him. She walked alone, and didn't look interested in chatting with any of the other dragons here in the marketplace, so maybe she was the solitary intellectual type?

When he spotted her pearl, it was only years of practice at holding his grin up all day long that kept him from cringing. It wasn't in good shape, and that was putting it politely. What could have happened to her to put the outside part of her soul into such a state?

Well it certainly wouldn't be appropriate to ask. But she wouldn't be a good customer for a doom and gloom threatening type of fortune, that was for sure. A dragon like this needed something warm and encouraging to soothe her nerves.

Kimer greeted her, welcomed her over, and gestured to Arla to begin dealing the stones out face-down for him to pick from.

The very first one he picked up sent an electric jolt up his spine. Instead of a carved rune for one of the flights, the stone was just smeared with black- her first pick was his symbol for the Shade? He never pulled that one! It was only in here so he could put a little fear into excitable dragons, convince them that they needed to follow his advice to keep themselves safe. He didn't want to see it in this sort of situation! No no no, that wouldn't do at all for a gentle customer like this.

He waxed another big, warm smile at her and showed her the black painted stone with an easy laugh as though it was nothing before setting it aside. "How silly of me, I accidentally put one of my old blank stones with the symbol rubbed off in with the good ones. We can ignore that, haha."

Hopefully he hadn't just ruined his credibility with her. But either way, he had better quickly move on to actually telling this poor lady her fortune. He made suitably thoughtful noises as the symbols were chosen, nodding along, trying to weave the themes together in his head. Eventually enough of them matched to determine what her major signs were going to be.

Fire Runestone Plague Runestone Shadow Runestone
"This is quite an exciting fortune. You should feel rather lucky," he said with a gesture towards the stones. "So many of us have difficult times ahead, times that will require us to make sacrifices and painful choices. But it is utterly clear to me here that what you need to do is chase your own heart's desires, and they will surely lead you to success. Do you see, here, what these all have in common?" He pointed out each one in turn. "Fire, Plague and Shadow- passion, drive, and resourcefulness. No cringing back, no quitting or surrender. You should fear nothing, my dear, nothing but your own ability to hesitate to seize what could be yours."

He drew her attention to the other stones he had set off to the side, not the focus point or her fortune but nonetheless useful.

Light Runestone Nature Runestone
He pointed to both Light's and Natures stones at the same time. "Now just because you should let your own hopes and desires rule you, that does not promise that success will come without effort or all at once. You will do well to think carefully and make your choices wisely, without rush. And especially you will need to be patient with yourself and give yourself time to grow- and grow you will, as surely as a thin sapling will eventually reach into the clouds as a grand behemoth."

Kimer pointed to the final two stones with an encouraging smile.

Ice Runestone Arcane Runestone
"But as long as you are determined, if you protect your heart from thoughts of giving up as though you have built strong walls and towers around yourself; if you let yourself dream without fear and set goals as high as the stars themselves, you will find contentment in the passionate pursuit. And, in the fullness of time, you will have great joy in where your life takes you."

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
[i](Written and delivered a long time ago, but was PMed and not posted to this thread at the time.)[/i] [b]Fortune for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=67301&tab=dragon&did=3813238]Amethyst[/url], owned by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=67301]Aikka[/url][/b] Kimer took a slow, deep breath and beamed a gentle smile as a graceful Skydancer approached his corner of the marketplace. She walked with the deliberate step of a well trained fighter, but she was also dressed in a great deal of fine jewelry… and Arlandria, Kimer’s mate, cleared her throat softly behind him to alert him that the Skydancer had a definite aura of magic ability about herself as well. This was certainly a formidable person, and not the kind Kimer especially relished the idea of lying to. He was careful not to think about it. The trick to keeping from chasing a Skydancer off was to not try too hard- as soon as you started thinking ‘oh no, they’re supposed to be lie detectors, what if she can tell I’m making all of this up’ you had already lost the game. Either this lady would accept his words, or she would scoff and demand her money back. She certainly didn’t appear to be the sort who would stoop to starting a fight with him on the spot, at least. Getting riled up wasn’t going to help him either way. He checked himself again to make sure his breathing was even, smiled, and bowed his head in polite greeting to her, before calmly gesturing to Arla to mix and set out the rune marked stones. Once enough of them had been laid out Kimer gestured to his mate to return the rest to their box. He took a minute to let his eyes trail back and forth across the symbols, trying to let the story they were telling fall together in his mind. Nothing leaped out at him; this was going to be a tricky one. [item=shadow runestone][item=lightning runestone] “I see a warning here.” He scooted the first two stones forward together and tap-tapped the space between them with his claw. “Someone intends to trick or prove false to you in the near future, and they will be utterly whole hearted about it. No length will be too great to make their deceit convincing- promises, oaths, even false proof. Anything their creativity can puzzle out to make their story seem honest. No method of trying to convince you of the trickster’s innocence will be too low or too far.” He bobbed his head in a comforting smile, as though this seemingly dire news was nothing to be worried about at all. “But do not fret! You have what you need and more to overcome this attempt against you without any harm. You see?" [item=nature runestone][item=ice runestone] He gestured to the next two stones as though what they meant should be plain as day. "You need only to trust your instincts, and what you already know to be safely yours. Your heart’s wisdom and your love for those few who are closest to you will not be the source of any betrayal. Now, don’t mistake me- you must be painfully careful with who you trust. You must not let convincing words or shows of what masquerades as truth sway you from believing what your own good sense would tell you. You already know those whom you love most, those who would never fail you or wish you harm. Cling close to those, and only those, in your family. No matter what you are shown or told, this is not the time to doubt your most faithful ties or the whispers of your heart.” [item=wind runestone] “Simply do this, and-” he laughed lightly as he flicked the tuft on the end of his tail at the final stone- “any misfortune that tries to visit you or your clan will soon pass by, like a dissatisfied traveler who finds that the inn is not to their liking.”

Fortune for Amethyst, owned by Aikka

Kimer took a slow, deep breath and beamed a gentle smile as a graceful Skydancer approached his corner of the marketplace. She walked with the deliberate step of a well trained fighter, but she was also dressed in a great deal of fine jewelry… and Arlandria, Kimer’s mate, cleared her throat softly behind him to alert him that the Skydancer had a definite aura of magic ability about herself as well. This was certainly a formidable person, and not the kind Kimer especially relished the idea of lying to.

He was careful not to think about it. The trick to keeping from chasing a Skydancer off was to not try too hard- as soon as you started thinking ‘oh no, they’re supposed to be lie detectors, what if she can tell I’m making all of this up’ you had already lost the game. Either this lady would accept his words, or she would scoff and demand her money back. She certainly didn’t appear to be the sort who would stoop to starting a fight with him on the spot, at least. Getting riled up wasn’t going to help him either way.

He checked himself again to make sure his breathing was even, smiled, and bowed his head in polite greeting to her, before calmly gesturing to Arla to mix and set out the rune marked stones.

Once enough of them had been laid out Kimer gestured to his mate to return the rest to their box. He took a minute to let his eyes trail back and forth across the symbols, trying to let the story they were telling fall together in his mind. Nothing leaped out at him; this was going to be a tricky one.

Shadow Runestone Lightning Runestone
“I see a warning here.” He scooted the first two stones forward together and tap-tapped the space between them with his claw. “Someone intends to trick or prove false to you in the near future, and they will be utterly whole hearted about it. No length will be too great to make their deceit convincing- promises, oaths, even false proof. Anything their creativity can puzzle out to make their story seem honest. No method of trying to convince you of the trickster’s innocence will be too low or too far.”

He bobbed his head in a comforting smile, as though this seemingly dire news was nothing to be worried about at all. “But do not fret! You have what you need and more to overcome this attempt against you without any harm. You see?"

Nature Runestone Ice Runestone
He gestured to the next two stones as though what they meant should be plain as day. "You need only to trust your instincts, and what you already know to be safely yours. Your heart’s wisdom and your love for those few who are closest to you will not be the source of any betrayal. Now, don’t mistake me- you must be painfully careful with who you trust. You must not let convincing words or shows of what masquerades as truth sway you from believing what your own good sense would tell you. You already know those whom you love most, those who would never fail you or wish you harm. Cling close to those, and only those, in your family. No matter what you are shown or told, this is not the time to doubt your most faithful ties or the whispers of your heart.”

Wind Runestone
“Simply do this, and-” he laughed lightly as he flicked the tuft on the end of his tail at the final stone- “any misfortune that tries to visit you or your clan will soon pass by, like a dissatisfied traveler who finds that the inn is not to their liking.”

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
[i](Written and delivered a long time ago, but was PMed and not posted to this thread at the time.)[/i] [b]Fortune for two egg nest of Thalosys and Divianne, owned by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=57234]Cerelin[/url][/b] “Thank you for graciously inviting us into your home like this,” Kimer said. He and Arla bowed their heads deeply in greeting to the expectant parents. “It is always an honor to be allowed to visit a nest. The destinies of the unhatched are the most wondrous of all.” Despite the pleasantries, it took all of Kimer’s self control to keep his wings or ears from twitching with nerves. The glowing mushrooms, the thorns that rustled like distant whispers- he never understood how anyone could relax in Shadow’s territory. He sat a respectful step or two away from the nest and regarded the eggs calmly for a long minute before gesturing to Arla to bring out the stones for him to choose from. The very first stone made him grin- it was exactly what he had been hoping for. [item=shadow runestone] “My congratulations,” he said. “It is a very, very good omen for the first rune drawn to match the Flight of the hatchling. This young one will be a true child of the Shadow; shrewd, and hard to fool. My pity is on their enemies, for it is a terrifying thing to have such a crafty dragon for an opponent.” [item=plague runestone] "Do take care in how you raise them, however; if this child isn’t taught gentleness from a young age, they may grow into a tendency to deal ruthlessly with others to win what they desire.” [item=fire runestone] “Their greatest strength will be energy and pride in their work- this won’t be a child who quits easily or leaves their pursuits half completed. Such strong, persistent traits! This one will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.” He asked Arla to reset the stones, using her Arcane strength to make them float and reshuffle themselves in the air until he lost track of which was which again, then shifted his attention to choosing for the second egg. The first token he drew almost seemed out of place in such a dark, blue and violet place as a Shadow lair. [item=nature runestone] “I see in this egg a spirit that will grow slowly, but with a stubborn strength that will not fail. Difficulty will not wilt this child’s heart, nor will failure- they will get up again, and again, until they defeat the challenges that come their way.” [item=wind runestone] “They will, however, be tempted to bite off more than they ought to because of a desire for adventure. You would be wise to teach them well and quickly not to start things they don’t want to be stuck with finishing, especially combined with their stubborn heart.” [item=fire runestone] He chuckled and gave the parents a smirk over his shoulder at the sight of the final stone. “Ah, so they both have a flame of energy burning in their hearts, even unhatched! Quite the blessing, although when they’re running you around and tiring you out in their youth, it might not feel like it! A very good sign, since this one will want to accomplish so much in their life- a spark of Fire inside means that they’ll also have the passion to fuel them.”

Fortune for two egg nest of Thalosys and Divianne, owned by Cerelin

“Thank you for graciously inviting us into your home like this,” Kimer said. He and Arla bowed their heads deeply in greeting to the expectant parents. “It is always an honor to be allowed to visit a nest. The destinies of the unhatched are the most wondrous of all.”

Despite the pleasantries, it took all of Kimer’s self control to keep his wings or ears from twitching with nerves. The glowing mushrooms, the thorns that rustled like distant whispers- he never understood how anyone could relax in Shadow’s territory.

He sat a respectful step or two away from the nest and regarded the eggs calmly for a long minute before gesturing to Arla to bring out the stones for him to choose from.

The very first stone made him grin- it was exactly what he had been hoping for.

Shadow Runestone
“My congratulations,” he said. “It is a very, very good omen for the first rune drawn to match the Flight of the hatchling. This young one will be a true child of the Shadow; shrewd, and hard to fool. My pity is on their enemies, for it is a terrifying thing to have such a crafty dragon for an opponent.”

Plague Runestone
"Do take care in how you raise them, however; if this child isn’t taught gentleness from a young age, they may grow into a tendency to deal ruthlessly with others to win what they desire.”

Fire Runestone
“Their greatest strength will be energy and pride in their work- this won’t be a child who quits easily or leaves their pursuits half completed. Such strong, persistent traits! This one will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.”

He asked Arla to reset the stones, using her Arcane strength to make them float and reshuffle themselves in the air until he lost track of which was which again, then shifted his attention to choosing for the second egg.

The first token he drew almost seemed out of place in such a dark, blue and violet place as a Shadow lair.

Nature Runestone
“I see in this egg a spirit that will grow slowly, but with a stubborn strength that will not fail. Difficulty will not wilt this child’s heart, nor will failure- they will get up again, and again, until they defeat the challenges that come their way.”

Wind Runestone
“They will, however, be tempted to bite off more than they ought to because of a desire for adventure. You would be wise to teach them well and quickly not to start things they don’t want to be stuck with finishing, especially combined with their stubborn heart.”

Fire Runestone
He chuckled and gave the parents a smirk over his shoulder at the sight of the final stone. “Ah, so they both have a flame of energy burning in their hearts, even unhatched! Quite the blessing, although when they’re running you around and tiring you out in their youth, it might not feel like it! A very good sign, since this one will want to accomplish so much in their life- a spark of Fire inside means that they’ll also have the passion to fuel them.”

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
I've been considering reopening this thread to new orders, and in the process of cleaning it up I realized that my PMing fortunes to people instead of posting them here was probably a silly idea.

Now that the forums can make links that jump straight to posts, I figured I would re-post the old fortunes that were never posted previously and provide all you past customers with links to them for your convenience. I hope these direct shortcuts might be useful to some of you!

General advice:
*Fortune for Tahoma, owned by @Deadprem
*Fortune for Sandeul, owned by @deulirium
*Fortune for FEMM, owned by @Akkia
*Fortune for Amethyst, owned by @Akkia
*Fortune for Kanzi, owned by @Merethic
*Fortune for Eryandr, owned by @Merethic
*Fortune for Saturran, owned by @Saccharine

Nests:
*Fortune for Custard and Jeremy, owned by @Obiwan
*Fortune for Thalosys and Divianne, owned by @Cerelin
I've been considering reopening this thread to new orders, and in the process of cleaning it up I realized that my PMing fortunes to people instead of posting them here was probably a silly idea.

Now that the forums can make links that jump straight to posts, I figured I would re-post the old fortunes that were never posted previously and provide all you past customers with links to them for your convenience. I hope these direct shortcuts might be useful to some of you!

General advice:
*Fortune for Tahoma, owned by @Deadprem
*Fortune for Sandeul, owned by @deulirium
*Fortune for FEMM, owned by @Akkia
*Fortune for Amethyst, owned by @Akkia
*Fortune for Kanzi, owned by @Merethic
*Fortune for Eryandr, owned by @Merethic
*Fortune for Saturran, owned by @Saccharine

Nests:
*Fortune for Custard and Jeremy, owned by @Obiwan
*Fortune for Thalosys and Divianne, owned by @Cerelin

hh5n4WA.png