Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Quick Dominance Update!
1 2 3 4 5
I knew there was no way dominance didn't reset week to week.
#_# That would be very silly indeed.

I'm glad it's clarified, though, and displaying more accurately.
I knew there was no way dominance didn't reset week to week.
#_# That would be very silly indeed.

I'm glad it's clarified, though, and displaying more accurately.
ice_rune_50x50.png
Oh, has Ice done it twice now? I'm so bad about keeping track of days of the week, oops. I'm not sure how I feel about that, considering the way the market is being played in regards to dominance. Hurm.
Oh, has Ice done it twice now? I'm so bad about keeping track of days of the week, oops. I'm not sure how I feel about that, considering the way the market is being played in regards to dominance. Hurm.
MuwAAse.png
It'd be awesome if in the future, Coliseum PVP rankings/scores also factored into Dominance, not just Exalting. When I started I was a bit surprised that it was only factored by exalts ^^

Thank you for the clarification! This makes a lot more sense now since everything seemed to stay the same at the weekly change-over
It'd be awesome if in the future, Coliseum PVP rankings/scores also factored into Dominance, not just Exalting. When I started I was a bit surprised that it was only factored by exalts ^^

Thank you for the clarification! This makes a lot more sense now since everything seemed to stay the same at the weekly change-over
1kz7OWt.png
[quote name="InsanityPrelude" date="2013-07-08 20:16:40" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=386082#386412"]Wait, how is it "next week's" standings if it only shows the tally from right before changeover (which if I'm following right is when the [i]current[/i] week's winner is determined)? That sounds more like last week's standings...[/quote] Sorry for any confusion - I'll be happy to clarify a bit more. :) The Dominance standings that you see on the page right now, are showing the competition climate for yesterday and today. They are displaying who is in the [b]current [/b]lead for next week's Dominance rewards. Previous to this, the leaderboard was taking into account exaltation data from the previous 7 days, which, in this case, contained data from almost ALL of the exaltation from last week, which is not applicable to [i]this[/i] period. It just cleans up the standings more so that they are relevant to the current competition.
Wait, how is it "next week's" standings if it only shows the tally from right before changeover (which if I'm following right is when the current week's winner is determined)? That sounds more like last week's standings...

Sorry for any confusion - I'll be happy to clarify a bit more. :)

The Dominance standings that you see on the page right now, are showing the competition climate for yesterday and today. They are displaying who is in the current lead for next week's Dominance rewards.

Previous to this, the leaderboard was taking into account exaltation data from the previous 7 days, which, in this case, contained data from almost ALL of the exaltation from last week, which is not applicable to this period.

It just cleans up the standings more so that they are relevant to the current competition.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Haha, I didn't pay attention to the dominance standings display much. xD Just noticed that Ice was pretty aggressive.
Haha, I didn't pay attention to the dominance standings display much. xD Just noticed that Ice was pretty aggressive.
9bu8tTE.pngD5OF5Gf.png
@Xhaztol Oh, okay- I think I read it as only showing the scores from the tally and now that I think about it that wouldn't make any sense. It's not so much that you were unclear as I was slow. c:

Thanks!
@Xhaztol Oh, okay- I think I read it as only showing the scores from the tally and now that I think about it that wouldn't make any sense. It's not so much that you were unclear as I was slow. c:

Thanks!
Chewy Tentacle
It's all cool. The TideLord still knows who is going to dominate next time
It's all cool. The TideLord still knows who is going to dominate next time
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
Looking forward to seeing how this works out! The clarification is quite helpful :D
Looking forward to seeing how this works out! The clarification is quite helpful :D
forsale.png1344616.png1212207.png1344629.png1404005.png1252786.png
partymini.png
Suddenly everything makes much more sense.
Suddenly everything makes much more sense.
Whoop for more accuracy :D
Whoop for more accuracy :D
767VVTs.png
1 2 3 4 5