Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Hatchling Custom Skins are Finally Here!
[quote name="Rant" date="2024-06-03 14:34:39" ] i'm so excited for hatchling skins! however, with the addition of so many new festival skins, will there ever be a way we can earn more treasure through the fairgrounds, or any other means? the cost of getting all the skins for festivals keeps increasing, but our available avenues for generating income feel very stagnant. [/quote] Agreed!
Rant wrote on 2024-06-03 14:34:39:
i'm so excited for hatchling skins! however, with the addition of so many new festival skins, will there ever be a way we can earn more treasure through the fairgrounds, or any other means? the cost of getting all the skins for festivals keeps increasing, but our available avenues for generating income feel very stagnant.
Agreed!
7PioKz1.jpeg
Children!
Children!
Pyro [she/her]
Wishlist
Art shop
9e0957ca70ace63ed9a6bbea2659f58e1a66cdda.png
Looking forward to when they're in the Dressing Room! Little scared to youth my dragon and find out I don't like the skin as much xD
Looking forward to when they're in the Dressing Room! Little scared to youth my dragon and find out I don't like the skin as much xD
Q1Z6W1A.png
YESSSS I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS
YESSSS I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS
wip
SWEET BABIES!! ARHAUHAFHOADAW
SWEET BABIES!! ARHAUHAFHOADAW
beetle-left-face.png ......................
kabutomushi
he/they
...................... beetle-right-face.png
[quote name="SamuelMaybird" date="2024-06-01 07:36:47" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2024-05-31 07:05:47" ] [quote name="iHolli" date="2024-05-31 05:43:58" ] { I love the update and I'm excited for hatchling skins, but I don't love that the number of event skins is increasing so much while being exclusively ones you have to buy [if your RNG is bad or you don't have a lot of time for coli farming]. couldn't one of the hatchling skins be Baldwin instead? surely there could be other methods to pick up event skins besides having to buy them? what if Gaoler gave away a free random chest at the beginning of the event, or Pinkerton at the end if you visited every day of the event? or chests have a chance to drop from site activities like during NotN, just more rarely? it feels terribly imbalanced as is and adding 4 new skins-- it's just getting a little depressing to either miss out or have to dedicate all your treasure to buying skins instead of completing dragon projects. maybe I'm just weird, though? still, the team is doing great work as always keeping the site updated and interesting, and for that I thank y'all [emoji=aether happy size=1] [/quote] I major agree with this - skin bloat has been increasing over the past year or two and it's making events a serious financial drain, and this is a big jump on top of that. Chest drop rate could definitely be improved (even aggressively coli farming and digging for 15 turns every day usually isn't enough for me to get all the chest skins), but even decreasing the price of individual skins to maybe 25k would help combat this. As it stands, I'm not looking forward to shelling out 700kt per fest. [/quote] This has articulated my feelings on this pretty well. I used to collect all the skins, my chest luck has been meh for some fests but all purchase is a lot to ask if nothing else caves. I like the Baldwin idea or heck maybe one of two become fest currency purchasable, just anything but 35kt it's so much even if you want one copy, what if you want more? [/quote] Same, it's become such a burden that just makes me frustrated and angry that I ended up completely giving up on fest skins a year ago. I get zero to three per fest doing daily stuff depending on RNG and that's it. I've lost interest and I value my good mood.
SamuelMaybird wrote on 2024-06-01 07:36:47:
Laluzi wrote on 2024-05-31 07:05:47:
iHolli wrote on 2024-05-31 05:43:58:
{ I love the update and I'm excited for hatchling skins, but I don't love that the number of event skins is increasing so much while being exclusively ones you have to buy [if your RNG is bad or you don't have a lot of time for coli farming]. couldn't one of the hatchling skins be Baldwin instead? surely there could be other methods to pick up event skins besides having to buy them? what if Gaoler gave away a free random chest at the beginning of the event, or Pinkerton at the end if you visited every day of the event? or chests have a chance to drop from site activities like during NotN, just more rarely? it feels terribly imbalanced as is and adding 4 new skins-- it's just getting a little depressing to either miss out or have to dedicate all your treasure to buying skins instead of completing dragon projects. maybe I'm just weird, though? still, the team is doing great work as always keeping the site updated and interesting, and for that I thank y'all
I major agree with this - skin bloat has been increasing over the past year or two and it's making events a serious financial drain, and this is a big jump on top of that. Chest drop rate could definitely be improved (even aggressively coli farming and digging for 15 turns every day usually isn't enough for me to get all the chest skins), but even decreasing the price of individual skins to maybe 25k would help combat this. As it stands, I'm not looking forward to shelling out 700kt per fest.
This has articulated my feelings on this pretty well. I used to collect all the skins, my chest luck has been meh for some fests but all purchase is a lot to ask if nothing else caves. I like the Baldwin idea or heck maybe one of two become fest currency purchasable, just anything but 35kt it's so much even if you want one copy, what if you want more?

Same, it's become such a burden that just makes me frustrated and angry that I ended up completely giving up on fest skins a year ago. I get zero to three per fest doing daily stuff depending on RNG and that's it. I've lost interest and I value my good mood.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/22425772][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/224258/22425772_350.png[/img][/url] kitty.....
22425772_350.png

kitty.....
SilverPool
She/Her

Outfits!

SkinList
Wishlist
Oh yeah
Oh yeah
I wish there was a way to save Hatchling scries and use them to preview skins. I dont want to buy a dragon only to find out it doesn't match the vibe i want..
I wish there was a way to save Hatchling scries and use them to preview skins. I dont want to buy a dragon only to find out it doesn't match the vibe i want..
r0TEJcn.gif
Mar||INFP-T||Chaotic Neutral||FR Clock +3||*Rp!||Lioden
x0iVMgw.png
Usually buying art. PM me & let me commission you!!
19389_90ce43590987e43c_I.gif13150_6082608227cbe796_I.gif3379_104bee4741d0976d_I.gif 4640_cff8fd95c80db023_I.gif 3433_bb0886194e8d3513_I.gif5234_330dbb072405bbcd_I.gif
3z98tEG.png
[/url]
[quote name="Twye" date="2024-06-12 20:31:05" ] I wish there was a way to save Hatchling scries and use them to preview skins. I dont want to buy a dragon only to find out it doesn't match the vibe i want.. [/quote] definitely agree!! i just ordered a hatchling skin and its becoming a real nightmare trying to scry a dragon for it since hatchlings can't be put into the dressing room. i really hope staff can make it so previewing skins in the dressing room works for hatchlings too [emoji=coatl sad size=1]
Twye wrote on 2024-06-12 20:31:05:

definitely agree!! i just ordered a hatchling skin and its becoming a real nightmare trying to scry a dragon for it since hatchlings can't be put into the dressing room. i really hope staff can make it so previewing skins in the dressing room works for hatchlings too