Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 199 200
I understand everyone who's upset over this update. I spent a lot of real money the weekend of the original release in order to get Scatterscrolls for my progenitor--after a certain point, I can only blame myself for not quitting because of the whole sunken cost fallacy and not wanting it all to have been a waste. Some people spent more than I did. A lot of people gave up time to try and make their older dragons perfect because two (I think it was two?) Scatterscrolls were pitiful.

So as an older player, I totally get this frustration.

But, I'm really glad to see the staff have the ability to change the system and admit their mistakes. I'm glad you guys listened to us early on in order to implement the Vial of Tempered Sight for those who didn't want to participate in the eye update. And really, why shouldn't there be specific eye vials? We can already breed for genes as well as buy them to apply to our dragons, if the offspring don't end up with the genes we want. Between this, the Silhouette Scroll, and the already wide flexibility we have with customization, there are very few ways you can't change your dragon, and I'm okay with this.

Yeah, I do think the original launch of the eyes was a mess. There was probably a lot of back and forth about whether to add them as custom items or keep them the way they were. Both routes would have caused a lot of complaint from players either way, but I think this is the best option you could have gone with. Thank you, staff, for doing your best to listen to your player base.

By the way, the new eye types are subtle but lovely! I really love Water Bright and Ice Pastel.
I understand everyone who's upset over this update. I spent a lot of real money the weekend of the original release in order to get Scatterscrolls for my progenitor--after a certain point, I can only blame myself for not quitting because of the whole sunken cost fallacy and not wanting it all to have been a waste. Some people spent more than I did. A lot of people gave up time to try and make their older dragons perfect because two (I think it was two?) Scatterscrolls were pitiful.

So as an older player, I totally get this frustration.

But, I'm really glad to see the staff have the ability to change the system and admit their mistakes. I'm glad you guys listened to us early on in order to implement the Vial of Tempered Sight for those who didn't want to participate in the eye update. And really, why shouldn't there be specific eye vials? We can already breed for genes as well as buy them to apply to our dragons, if the offspring don't end up with the genes we want. Between this, the Silhouette Scroll, and the already wide flexibility we have with customization, there are very few ways you can't change your dragon, and I'm okay with this.

Yeah, I do think the original launch of the eyes was a mess. There was probably a lot of back and forth about whether to add them as custom items or keep them the way they were. Both routes would have caused a lot of complaint from players either way, but I think this is the best option you could have gone with. Thank you, staff, for doing your best to listen to your player base.

By the way, the new eye types are subtle but lovely! I really love Water Bright and Ice Pastel.
Oh my god this update to how the eye system works is great! Will definitely make it easier to obtain various eye types than simply trying to breed for them and hope for the best.
Oh my god this update to how the eye system works is great! Will definitely make it easier to obtain various eye types than simply trying to breed for them and hope for the best.
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
[quote name="TrissyCat" date="2021-05-03 10:05:17" ] i wish we'd had warning, now all those ppl that have saved vials of scattersight to make money in the future have wasted all that time and lost that future money cause vials of scattersight went from 500+ gems to 75 overnight...g1's are going to plummet in price...i'm so sad [/quote] IF we had been given a warning, sellers would still not have sold much as we would have been given a warning?
TrissyCat wrote on 2021-05-03 10:05:17:
i wish we'd had warning, now all those ppl that have saved vials of scattersight to make money in the future have wasted all that time and lost that future money cause vials of scattersight went from 500+ gems to 75 overnight...g1's are going to plummet in price...i'm so sad

IF we had been given a warning, sellers would still not have sold much as we would have been given a warning?
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
[quote name="Sourial" date="2021-05-03 10:00:56" ] So I remember when the vials came out and admins were adamant that there wouldn’t be anymore vials and there wouldn’t be a way to pick and choose specific eyes. Now I’m not entirely against making eyes freely available, but it’s been years and this is coming out of nowhere. My question is, are we going to do this with all retired items? Will I be able to buy a Boolean in the near future? What about light sprites? Past festival apparel and skins? What about imperial scrolls? The justification here is I should be able to make my perfect dragon. I can’t turn my dragons into imperials, even when I really really want them to be imperials. Will future updates let me change my dragons flight so their eye color will be different? Will I be able to pay to clear offspring lists or change the dragons ID number? Why are somethings being blocked from my grasp while others are not? I just want to know where the line is. [/quote] All of the things you listed are more or less things that have been here since the beginning. Eyes are relatively new comparatively speaking. They were what, 2017? Definitely not comparable to something like KS items, who predate the site, and fundamentals of the site like ids, offspring, and flights. Eyes were a flawed system implemented 4 years after the site came out and the fanbase was majority against it.
Sourial wrote on 2021-05-03 10:00:56:
So I remember when the vials came out and admins were adamant that there wouldn’t be anymore vials and there wouldn’t be a way to pick and choose specific eyes. Now I’m not entirely against making eyes freely available, but it’s been years and this is coming out of nowhere. My question is, are we going to do this with all retired items? Will I be able to buy a Boolean in the near future? What about light sprites? Past festival apparel and skins? What about imperial scrolls? The justification here is I should be able to make my perfect dragon. I can’t turn my dragons into imperials, even when I really really want them to be imperials. Will future updates let me change my dragons flight so their eye color will be different? Will I be able to pay to clear offspring lists or change the dragons ID number? Why are somethings being blocked from my grasp while others are not? I just want to know where the line is.

All of the things you listed are more or less things that have been here since the beginning. Eyes are relatively new comparatively speaking. They were what, 2017? Definitely not comparable to something like KS items, who predate the site, and fundamentals of the site like ids, offspring, and flights. Eyes were a flawed system implemented 4 years after the site came out and the fanbase was majority against it.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
You guys listened. You actually listened, after all this time.

Thank you so much. Staff, you have no idea how much this means to me, and surely to others as well. Finally, the grief of eye type projects and the like can end at last. People will still be upset of course, I even have an XXY primal g1 myself, but I don't care one bit. This is what the player base has been so angry about for so long, and finally we have a solution.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You've made this game significantly less stressful for me now, and nothing but love and adoration can take its place again.
You guys listened. You actually listened, after all this time.

Thank you so much. Staff, you have no idea how much this means to me, and surely to others as well. Finally, the grief of eye type projects and the like can end at last. People will still be upset of course, I even have an XXY primal g1 myself, but I don't care one bit. This is what the player base has been so angry about for so long, and finally we have a solution.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You've made this game significantly less stressful for me now, and nothing but love and adoration can take its place again.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
YES
YES
globules.png
Are you serious? Special eyes dragons are now worth nothing anymore. Breeding projects - long time goals - are gone. It doesn't matter if Vials of Scattersight stay retired or not, they are practically worthless now anyways - so your promise to let them stay retired/rare is meaningless...
Would have been better to let vials of scattersight drop in the coliseum again for a very rare chance.
Now one excitement less when hatching nests.
One chance to make gems less for people who don't buy gems.

So staff does this but can't fix mistakes on genes which are years old?
Are you serious? Special eyes dragons are now worth nothing anymore. Breeding projects - long time goals - are gone. It doesn't matter if Vials of Scattersight stay retired or not, they are practically worthless now anyways - so your promise to let them stay retired/rare is meaningless...
Would have been better to let vials of scattersight drop in the coliseum again for a very rare chance.
Now one excitement less when hatching nests.
One chance to make gems less for people who don't buy gems.

So staff does this but can't fix mistakes on genes which are years old?
918d3067284ef190697e582e4f1c6104694416ce.png[/ur]
UM for sale/trade ~Dragons for sale~
[quote name="Romaki" date="2021-05-03 09:56:32" ] [quote name="Marabis" date="2021-05-03 09:53:46" ] It kinda feels like all that time I spent breeding for a specific primal dragon was for nothing... I guess this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario? [/quote] They basically put eyes on the same level as genes. Some breed, some buy. 500kt is still an investment that has meaning. [/quote] Yes I understand that, but I spent almost as long as I've been here breeding for the primal and now it feels like that time [i]doesn't[/i] have meaning.
Romaki wrote on 2021-05-03 09:56:32:
Marabis wrote on 2021-05-03 09:53:46:
It kinda feels like all that time I spent breeding for a specific primal dragon was for nothing... I guess this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario?

They basically put eyes on the same level as genes. Some breed, some buy. 500kt is still an investment that has meaning.
Yes I understand that, but I spent almost as long as I've been here breeding for the primal and now it feels like that time doesn't have meaning.
Excellent but unfortunate that this update arrived so many years later.
Excellent but unfortunate that this update arrived so many years later.
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
Ooh I'm so happy abt this update!! I love multi-gaze so much so I'm really happy we get to buy vials for it now
Ooh I'm so happy abt this update!! I love multi-gaze so much so I'm really happy we get to buy vials for it now
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 199 200